Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Raiders are favored against the Bears by about a FG.

This is the first time they've been favored in a game since November 2013, against the Case Keenum Texans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Parmesan Basil posted:

Where would you put you on FBR (Fart Butt Rating)

:colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
Branden Albert will not be playing against the New York Jets. Will miss second straight game. Jason Fox will start.

lol we're so screwed

1-3 baby

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is Tomsula an elite Farter?

Well, he is no Andy Reid

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hockles posted:

Is Tomsula an elite Farter?

Well, he is no Andy Reid

Gonna have to ask Rivers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Things are going great at this press conference.

@ArmandoSalguero
A British reporter asked Ryan Tannehill if he could imitate the sound of the team animal and the QB made a Dolphins squeal sound.

@KevinClarkWSJ
Brandon Marshall loves antiquing. Is going antiquing in London tomorrow. This is not a drill.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Steve Smith continues to own: https://vine.co/v/eQtHr1vmg31

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Impressive. Your league average farter usually can't squeeze one out during a high pressure situation like a press conference. Thats some clutch farting, which should receive some higher weight on the ESPN FBR index.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Lt. Chips posted:

Impressive. Your league average farter usually can't squeeze one out during a high pressure situation like a press conference. Thats some clutch farting, which should receive some higher weight on the ESPN FBR index.

Clench factor is not real, get out of here with your ESPN FBR bullshit

DFOA or die

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
neat article about the WR screen/"pick plays" GB is running that there is a lot of commotion about :
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-find-success--carefully--with-receivers-blocking-b99588245z1-330362051.html

Follow link for full article obviously...

quote:

Green Bay — For an NFL coach, it pays to look through the rulebook and identify gray areas because some of those things that aren't outwardly prohibited can work in your favor.

Take the wide receiver screen pass that the Green Bay Packers have been using to get Randall Cobb into the end zone.

To the national viewing audience Monday night it appeared the Packers were taking liberties with a rule that prohibits receivers from blocking opponents before someone other than the quarterback touches the ball.

But technically they weren't.

The rule states that as long as contact doesn't occur more than 1 yard past the line of scrimmage a receiver can begin blocking regardless of whether the ball is out of the quarterback's hand. If he is past 1 yard then he can't start blocking until someone other than the quarterback makes contact with the ball.

The way the Packers have used it, Cobb has lined up to the inside of one or two other receivers and then run a horizontal route behind them. As they set up a blocking wall, quarterback Aaron Rodgers fires the ball to Cobb.

It happens so quickly that before the defense can react Cobb has the ball with blockers in front of him.

"It's hard," Packers cornerback Sam Shields said of defending the play. "That's like a combination that breaks any defense."

The gray area coach Mike McCarthy and his offensive staff exploit is application of the rule. It has to be clear to the official that a violation has occurred. Typically, the play happens so quickly an early block is not detected.

"In the league they call it a 'bang-bang' play," said retired NFL referee Mike Carey, who serves as a rules expert for the NFL on CBS. "If it's 'bang-bang,' don't call it. But if it's clear the ball is not there yet, call it."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
All that matters to me is whether or not that fart has the look.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

@ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
Branden Albert will not be playing against the New York Jets. Will miss second straight game. Jason Fox will start.

lol we're so screwed

1-3 baby

Basically if the Jets don't win sunday it's a disaster.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Colts signed qb Josh Johnson

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

Things are going great at this press conference.

@ArmandoSalguero
A British reporter asked Ryan Tannehill if he could imitate the sound of the team animal and the QB made a Dolphins squeal sound.

@KevinClarkWSJ
Brandon Marshall loves antiquing. Is going antiquing in London tomorrow. This is not a drill.

Here is Tannehill making a dolphin sound:

https://twitter.com/AbramsonPBP/status/649957501421682688

mcmagic posted:

Basically if the Jets don't win sunday it's a disaster.

with Albert out, Wake and Vernon unable to beat single teams, Brice McCain being a literal garbage can on the field, every player giving up on Philbin, no running game or pass protection, yeah there is no reason you guys should lose the game

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This is the perfect time for Sweet Thursday to launch into a poise derail.

I'm gonna go Gruden:

"Lemme tell ya Mike, if there's one thing I know, it's farts. I was cuttin'em down in Tampa Bay while this team was still in diaper shorts. To really let'em rip, your fart needs a lot of pocket presence. After the snap, I want to see some good footwork to make sure you're spreading it around to the offense. Balance is key in these situations, you're not going to want to run it on the ground every time. A good hindquarterback is going to air it out every now and then.

Back during my Superbowl run, we had a couple of muddy games. Tampa is in the tropics, Mike, so you're gonna get some moisture! And the key to half-time adjustments in wet games is to get it all out on paper, and collect your thoughts afterwards. If you can secure that, Mike, the rest of the pieces will fall into place."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

@KevinClarkWSJ

Hope he picks up some sweet Wedgwood.

Or he's talking about the other kind of antiquing and he's just going to prowl around london with a bag of flour and a go pro.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TubeStank posted:

Hope everyone's ready for the Matt Hasselbeck Experience.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

Hope everyone's ready for the Matt Hasselbeck Experience.

My seat is buckled

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Philbin better not ruin my man Tannehill

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TubeStank posted:

hell loving yes!!!!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Josh Johnson is 100% a pop country singer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

Josh Johnson is 100% a pop country singer

for some reason i don't think he's burn up the pop country charts

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
What is pop country? Taylor Swift? Bench Luck and start this guy anyway. Good contract negotiating. This season is lost anyway.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

for some reason i don't think he's burn up the pop country charts
bro have you heard of darius rucker

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Albert is out. Again. Jesus we didn't even get two full games from him.

Philbins undoing is the offensive line. Because that makes sense.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Luck is "sort of injured" on the worst week. Any other and it seems like he could play and rest the remainder of the week, but this is the time the Colts have a Thursday Night game.

He wont sit, but sit him, let him be full on ready for the Texans.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Elephanthead posted:

What is pop country? Taylor Swift? Bench Luck and start this guy anyway. Good contract negotiating. This season is lost anyway.

It's where people sing about getting drunk and partying

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh my god, Hasselbeck is going to last 4 snaps with that line.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Matt Hasselbeck rules and is unhateable

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lessail posted:

Being happy and stupid must own.

I'm gonna listen to the new Protomartyr album all day until I see Dillinger Four tonight.

Being sad is good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TubeStank posted:

I miss College

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

TubeStank posted:

I'm gonna listen to the new Protomartyr album all day until I see Dillinger Four tonight.

Being sad is good.

I'm sure you're not stupid

Hehehe

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

ROCK ME MAMA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeBetard has pointed out something important:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

i keep forgetting that Darius Rucker didn't vanish into the mist after Hootie and the Blowfish and is still making music

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Lessail posted:

let me tell you about my lovely lifted truck even though I live in urban Nashville and drive a ferrari, also jeans jeans girls girls girls

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ross Angeles posted:

I miss College

Same. My lovely Alma mater was all over espn and deadspin for a guy making an insane circus catch.

I think the football team won maybe 2 games while I attended.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

LeBetard has pointed out something important:

:aaa:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TubeStank posted:

Same. My lovely Alma mater was all over espn and deadspin for a guy making an insane circus catch.

I think the football team won maybe 2 games while I attended.

My first year at SDSU was the last year of the Chuck Long era.

Being blackout drunk before even going into the stadium was a necessity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TubeStank posted:

Being sad is good.

I'm seein' D4 a lil after next week :cool:

• Locked thread