Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I didn't know the National Guard Reserve had such an advanced tracking system. Tell me more.

It's called having your name and an address. Otherwise you're not serving, and thus you get no murder weapons more advanced than a 1903.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I didn't know the National Guard Reserve had such an advanced tracking system. Tell me more.

Nanomachines

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The NRA would totally argue that the 2nd supports ownership of Metal Gears.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CommieGIR posted:

They did this test in Texas where they setup a scenario simulating a workplace shooting.

Not a one of the concealed carry guys were able to stop him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

In case you were curious, no you should not read the comments.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Metal....gear????

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Hmm yes this is a well considered opinion we should all join the National Guard Reserve, an organization with a proud history.

Is the "I'm not racist but..." of science.

ah yes a rigorously controlled recreation of chaos, that's a thing that can happen

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ZenVulgarity posted:

Metal....gear????

what about a hind d

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Did anyone see anything to that effect in his 4chan thread? I only got so far in before it started looking too much like a games thread.

Apparently the source for the "all women" thing was a weirdly written HuffPo article where it was all of the victims at one hospital, but it isn't clear they all went to the same hospital.

And I guess it isn't counting the guy who got shot 7 times trying to stop him

Law enforcement just announced the guy left behind a multi page note at the scene; they described it as "a philosophy of hate". So we will get some answers

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mister Macys posted:

It's called having your name and an address. Otherwise you're not serving, and thus you get no murder weapons more advanced than a 1903.
Oh no, the National Guard Reserve has my address? How did they get it?

Literally The Worst posted:

ah yes a rigorously controlled recreation of chaos, that's a thing that can happen
Stupid ethics rules preventing hard working sociologists from actually starting a few school shootings for accurate studies!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mister Macys posted:

Well it does.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

what about a hind d

People need the right to stinger missiles to deal with such a threat

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Man it must be lame to be a MoreLeftistThanThou kinda person who has to pretend that both parties are just as equally bad and that the evil Democrats are liars and crooks, rather than think about the fact that maybe your personal ideology isn't as backed up by reality as you think.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Stupid ethics rules preventing hard working sociologists from actually starting a few school shootings for accurate studies!

"In a double blind study on a random school...."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I heard the shooter at that college busted in the room and said, "Kept you waiting, huh?" before killing everyone.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Well it does.
Metal Gears are ordnance, not arms. :eng101:

The part of the Constitution that you want to cite for Metal Gears is Article I, Section 8, Clause 11.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Amid the global economic slowdown, the recovery now relies on cash strapped US consumers

We are so hosed

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Oh no, the National Guard Reserve has my address? How did they get it?

You gave it to them when you signed up. My America doesn't allow walk-ons.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Oh and Arne Duncan is stepping down from Education Secretary, John B King will be nominated as replacement

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rent-A-Cop posted:

i have no idea what you're even trying to argue anymore

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Only thing I can gather is that somehow you can lie to the United States Army about where you live and they won't be able to find you or something.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

That's called PsyOps.

Because the 1st Amendment has always been the best one.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nonsense posted:

Only thing I can gather is that somehow you can lie to the United States Army about where you live and they won't be able to find you or something.

also he'll only believe that maybe having a scared person shooting in addition to the guy who's already shooting is bad if you can cite a peer-reviewed journal, which you can't do, and then he mocks the idea of mocking this? i don't even get it man

Rent-A-Cop posted:

That's called PsyOps.

Because the 1st Amendment has always been the best one.

i didn't know being a dipshit was a constitutionally protected right

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

also he'll only believe that maybe having a scared person shooting in addition to the guy who's already shooting is bad if you can cite a peer-reviewed journal, which you can't do, and then he mocks the idea of mocking this? i don't even get it man

"You can't take away people's right to be assholes!"
- Simon Phoenix

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

It is, and it's what makes America great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fried Chicken posted:

Oh and Arne Duncan is stepping down from Education Secretary, John B King will be nominated as replacement

Worst Obama cabinet member?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Tangentially related to US politics:

Troy Newman is president of Operation Rescue (the extremist organization linked with the guy who murdered George Tiller) and is a board member and co-founder of the Center for Medical Progress (the group behind the bullshit Planned Parenthood videos)

He is also being deported from Australia because his rhetoric and tactics there (the same that pushed for Tiller's murder) have resulted in him being labeled a threat to Australian women

:australia:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I'm kinda glad he's proven charter schools are a waste of time, effort, and that the people who claim to like them better shut the gently caress up about them.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Only if you give Napolitano and Johnson a handicap for being in charge of DHS.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So was this shooter actually targeting Christians or will this be like Columbine where the dad basically made that part up?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

greatn posted:

So was this shooter actually targeting Christians or will this be like Columbine where the dad basically made that part up?

Does it matter? Christians will turn anything into a persecution narrative.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

greatn posted:

I think we'll know the truth if the manifesto gets released.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

greatn posted:

If he was I hope we can get a good old fashioned inquisition going. I think hunting and killing the ungodly would be a great way to bring people of all faiths together.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Did anyone see anything to that effect in his 4chan thread? I only got so far in before it started looking too much like a games thread.

Yeah, but I think the woman focus post was stated by another person and not the killer. I'll have to, ugh, re-read it to find it.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Darko posted:

Yeah, but I think the woman focus post was stated by another person and not the killer. I'll have to, ugh, re-read it to find it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34424713

2 survivors have claimed he specifically targeted Christians

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
I'll repeat this question since you nanny state authortorians glossed over it,

His Purple Majesty posted:

Riddle me this D&D, why is it that when we had looser restrictions on gun ownership and a functioning mental health system we had fewer mass shooters?
Can no one answer this simple question?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Would not the advent of the internet and easy access to material that would be harder to come by for people 10-15 years ago mean that any historical comparisons are hard to make fairly?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

If somehow these guys manage to clean house and we're left with a Republican party that's just all gently caress the poor give me more money instead of gently caress everyone and everything then that would be infinitely better for the country until the boomers finally die off

Am I a poo poo for thinking that

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Would not the advent of the internet and easy access to material that would be harder to come by for people 10-15 years ago mean that any historical comparisons are hard to make fairly?
I don't think it's ever been demonstrated that the internet has a major impact on violent crime rates.

hhhat posted:

Am I a poo poo for thinking that
I had exactly the same response. There is no downside to cramming all the fundies and similar retards back down their hole.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

We've never had looser gun restrictions and we've never had a functioning mental health care system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Probably because gun ownership rates weren't as high. Also I'm not sure if I'd call the mental health as functioning back then, existing yes.

• Locked thread