Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
considering the issues with the last time logged in stat, I'm giving a warning to some player in the Gem Boiz. Wallets, Sewful, Spacepope, and Zotics are all being warned that may be kicked in a few day due to their inactivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I'm level 70 and earlier I was defeated by a level 11. When I tried to defend, the gems screen and opponent portrait wouldn't load. Not sure what that was about.

It's annoying that 90% of my defends seem to be against people twice my level at 140ish or more which just makes it suck.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Anything past level 50 or whatever doesn't matter that much. Level some troops to 15, literally any troops, and go punch people. The AI is terrible.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Treant/Valkyrie/Alchemist/Banshee is just brutal. Took down evolved Gorgotha with everyone at full life/armor, and the Treant hitting for 19 at the end. None of the opposition ever filled their power gauges.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I'm playing this game way too much. Would love an invite @ zozo_6

Especially arena. I'm like level 30 but racked up thousands of souls and like 25k gold in arena, going 8-0 almost every run. It's like hearthstone except I get to play against a dumb AI and get showered with rewards.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
There are currently two spots open in my guild (Tigerclaw, ranked #5) to whomever wants them. The guild is open (no invite necessary), but it's set to a minimum level requirement of 100.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Obscil posted:

considering the issues with the last time logged in stat, I'm giving a warning to some player in the Gem Boiz. Wallets, Sewful, Spacepope, and Zotics are all being warned that may be kicked in a few day due to their inactivity.

I just kicked them. So, the Gem Boiz currently has 4 open slots for players.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Well, hadn't seen mention of it, but just saw Tribute from Grosh-Nak. 40 Souls at Kingdom level 3.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Obscil posted:

I just kicked them. So, the Gem Boiz currently has 4 open slots for players.

I might as well take a spot. Invite Code: Flug

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

SeaTard posted:

I might as well take a spot. Invite Code: Flug

invite sent.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I don't feel like playing anymore. And I'm pretty sure I can give away my account. Does anyone want it? I got a 500 gem armor, most the units in the game, I think I got about half the legendaries, and a bunch of level 15 units. I also got 36 keys, 216 maps, 200 gems, and I'm in the 5th best guild.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 26, 2015

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shwqa posted:

I don't feel like playing anymore. And I'm pretty sure I can give away my account. Does anyone want it? I got a 500 gem armor, most the units in the game, I think I got about half the legendaries, and a bunch of level 15 units. I also got 36 keys, 216 maps, 200 gems, and I'm in the 5th best guild.

If you're really sure you don't want it I'll take it for sure. Mail me at juvaviin at gmail dot com

e: I mean I'm just saying there's no real downside to just letting it sit. Maybe you'll get more excited about playing later?

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
Any chance I could get an invite to a semi-decent guild? Invite Code: Elewem

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
Looks like I've finally burned out on this game, so I've left Gem Blossums in order to make some room. Thanks for the ride, folks!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Elewem posted:

Any chance I could get an invite to a semi-decent guild? Invite Code: Elewem

I sent you an invite to Gem Boys.

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
Thanks! What should I be doing specifically to be helping/take proper advantage of guild stuff?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Elewem posted:

Thanks! What should I be doing specifically to be helping/take proper advantage of guild stuff?

Just donate gold to any of the tasks. Gaining trophies helps too but both guilds are at max rank already I believe.

keldon
May 14, 2009
Can I get a guild invite? Invite code is BEAST_22. Thanks!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I switched my defenders to just my guy with a "destroy one gem" weapon and now I'm getting my first defense wins???

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Anyone play using an iPad? Recently the app keeps crashing after every invade. Sometimes when I win I only get the coins as if I lost.

Getting very annoying.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Anyone play using an iPad? Recently the app keeps crashing after every invade. Sometimes when I win I only get the coins as if I lost.

Getting very annoying.

This happens on my Air sometimes. A reboot fixes it for me.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

keldon posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Invite code is BEAST_22. Thanks!

Invite sent. I wonder if the codes are case sensitive. Guess we'll find out!

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Feel free to boot me from Gem Blossums (Shroud) - I'm done.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

There's a Double Souls weekend event going on where you get double souls for Arena and battle rewards, and it stacks with armor effects. I just got 1600 souls from a full Arena run plus 16 souls per win.

It does not buff challenges awards unfortunately, but I can't complain.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I assume you have the soul doubling armor, but roughly 1000 souls per run is no small consolation.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Correct.

Arena was already the best way to farm souls, and now its ridiculously good. Especially if you have a +Souls armor.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Bear Totem any good?

It seems like it will be real good for my Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee PvE team but also for arena since it's dual color. 200 glory is quite a lot but I should be able to get that by the end of the week if I can knuckle down and do these 18 maps I'm sitting on.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Of course the one week I decide to :effort: the invades and double down on the arena is right before a 200 glory weapon. :catstare:

I have 42 maps so far so I should get it, but drat treasure hunt cascades are annoying.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Tyberius posted:

It seems like it will be real good for my Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee PvE team but also for arena since it's dual color. 200 glory is quite a lot but I should be able to get that by the end of the week if I can knuckle down and do these 18 maps I'm sitting on.

Can't recommend Treant highly enough to complete that quartet. With a little luck on gem cascades you can be hitting for 20+ damage in the middle of the gem cascades triggered by your other members.

I'm sitting on like 60 treasure maps because it's such a chore getting rid of them. If I could sell them back for something close to 600 gold, 80 souls, 8 glory, 1 gem, 1 key, and a 10% chance of a magic key I would be all over that. I could do better by going through each map and playing the minigame, but that's so much work.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Yeah being able to trade in treasure maps for a base amount would be amazing, really easy to build up a ton of those while in a decent guild, especially if you are driving the alch/banshee/valkyrie combo.

Also loving RNG, I have 104 troops and no treeant. One of just a couple ultra rares I don't have.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
So i have a decent team for invades now (legendary that makes red then turns red to skulls, legendary that makes green and poisons everyone, dude who explodes yellow gems) and been at 100% win rate while only looking for high payout invades.

Then after the last reset i run into some low level guy running the dude with 25% chance to devour. Cue him mana surging and instantly devouring two of my dudes in a row to end up at like 75 health and 19 attack. Still won because of the poison legendary and playing defensively but it was prerty awesome to see that devour thing working.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yeah, Kerberos is pretty awesome. I remember using it on a goblin king after it did its move and had a ton of health that all went to me once devoured.

It is a 25% chance but when it hits it is murdertime.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I got lucky with keys this weekend while grinding 2x souls in the arena. My invasion team is now Abhorath (remove all gems to heal and gain attack), Gorgotha (explode 7 random gems), Ragnagord (explode 6 gems of a chosen color), and Elwyn (destroy a row and column. Deal 1 damage for every yellow gem destroyed). It takes time to ramp up, but it is a lot of fun once it gets going.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Can't recommend Treant highly enough to complete that quartet. With a little luck on gem cascades you can be hitting for 20+ damage in the middle of the gem cascades triggered by your other members.

Thanks for the recommendation, I recently used him in an arena run and didn't realize I already had him in my troop list. His mana color is perfect with this comp and I can see a lot of fun being had with him.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
OG Gem boys has 8 spots available. We could use some active players. Our completion rate certainly has slowed.

We are platinum ranked, of course. Come join us.

Bear Totem was expensive. Hopefully I can earn enough for the new troop as well. Or not. Not sure why I care, really. I almost never use them.

If anyone wants to run Gem boys, speak up. My mobile gaming time has been destroyed by family, Daiblo 3, and crippling constipation.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Who wants to take over the guild leadership of Gem Blossoms? I'm not playing as much and there are folks way more active than me.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Sure, what the hell. Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing, but I'll just bump someone up to guild leader when I get bored of it.

Edit: how many embezzlement opportunities are there?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Sure, what the hell. Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing, but I'll just bump someone up to guild leader when I get bored of it.

Edit: how many embezzlement opportunities are there?

Cool, thanks. I just promoted you. Unfortunately no embezzlement opportunities, but there is of course the prestige of being a guild leader in a cell phone game.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm pretty sure max-rank Shadow Dragon is the most powerful legendary in the game. I immediately go for purple/yellow orbs, poison the whole enemy team + 6 true damage. Over the next ~6 turns, clear enough red gems for the lizard troop that does 5 damage +6 if the enemy is poisoned, and that's without mentioning the Druid and Hero backing them up. The constant ticking of the poison softens up anything to the point where another shadow dragon ability is often enough to outright kill poo poo.

Nothing survives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
If y'all could refrain from booting Donglover from the Gem Boiz while I disappear for a week that'd be great.