Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sentinel Red posted:

And let's just go crazy with Hot Rod pics because 'bof!'

Oh I like that! And at the 50bux-ish price point, too!

I still want an IDW Voyager Rodimus though. That's a perfect G1 Hot Rod, not the character I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Thanks for posting this, saved me a ton over BBTS

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Come on, Doc, he can sit down and fish! It's makes up for everything else and then some.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Come on, Doc, he can sit down and fish! It's makes up for everything else and then some.

No trust me, that's fantastic! So are the movie-accurate colors (though they're actually a little redder than I think they were on the cels)! But... well, while I don't hate G1Toon!Hot Rod the way some folks do (in fact, I find him pretty endearing!), IDW Rodimus is the actual character missing from my shelves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like that Shockwave comes with a tiny version of himself.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

No trust me, that's fantastic! So are the movie-accurate colors (though they're actually a little redder than I think they were on the cels)! But... well, while I don't hate G1Toon!Hot Rod the way some folks do (in fact, I find him pretty endearing!), IDW Rodimus is the actual character missing from my shelves.

That's how I feel. I only saw the movie earlier this year, and when MP Rodimus was announced I was excited to have a character sorta-from the comic I really like, cause I don't have Magnus, I don't have Megatron...

But at 41 euros it's still a consideration.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I will be picking up both of those ASAP. First Transformers I've been really excited about in a while.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Taint Reaper posted:

Can someone explain why GIJoe is in the pits where as transformers are not despite transformers also predominantly featuring the word "war" in the franchise and having everything come with guns too?

Is it because the Joe toys just suck or something? I mean at this point Generations has more combat vehicles coming out for it than the actual G1 Joe line.

It's not the Reagan era anymore. G.I. Joe struggled a lot in the 1970's due to the Vietnam War and they had to change him into an "adventurer" instead of a soldier. It wasn't until the 1980's reboot where G.I. Joe succeeded again.

Also a part of me thinks the target audience for G.I. Joe is probably off playing Call of Duty now instead and not buying toys. G.I. Joe traditionally had a slightly older target audience than Transformers in the 1980's. Most kids these days probably stop playing with toys around 10 years old now.

Then again, I do see a lot of Call of Duty and Halo merch in stores so what do I know? Maybe Hasbro needs to partner with EA or Activision and turn G.I. Joe into a video game franchise primarily.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I've never ordered from them before. Is this with shipping?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Before shipping, they quote you shipping when the item comes in, or when you choose to ship your POL.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
No, shipping is calculated when it comes in stock and you tell them to ship it and choose the method

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I got a sealed case of 5 Masterpiece Bumblebees through them for $227 shipped, they charge the initial price for the items and then once they have them in-hand, send you a second bill for the shipping. For the MP Bees, it was 19 shipping from Japan, which isn't bad to be honest. They arrived in great shape, it was only one experience with them but it went very well for me.

edit: holy gently caress I shouldn't have scrolled down, I see Dorohedoro's 1/6th Caiman and all I can do is want it. It even comes with his favorite gyoza and chopstick-holding hands :v:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 2, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I really like that Shockwave.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

And let's just go crazy with Hot Rod pics because 'bof!'

I will absolutely order this. I have the original Toys R Us version, I transformed it into a car once, back to robot, and have never messed with it again. And after the reports I've read about the shoulders exploding I kinda don't want to.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

(though they're actually a little redder than I think they were on the cels)

:goonsay:

Adjust your contrast.

That might just be my first MP. G1 Hot Rod is my boy. I burned up the VHS I had of the movie from watching it so much.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Anora posted:

:goonsay:

Adjust your contrast.

That might just be my first MP. G1 Hot Rod is my boy. I burned up the VHS I had of the movie from watching it so much.

... well I'll be!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh I like that! And at the 50bux-ish price point, too!

I still want an IDW Voyager Rodimus though. That's a perfect G1 Hot Rod, not the character I love.

I want that too, or at least a deluxe. Do they do Voyagers of cars? Can't remember the last time they did that, except maybe those movie tie-in guys with the human riders.

And I will insist on this: Iron Man's face in his chest.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Technically Springer was a car, which was just last year, so maybe

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I still say that a heavily remolded Animated Roddy would be just perfect height-wise, if they don't wanna bother with a new mold.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nah, IDW Rodimus is taller than that. See:

versus

Rodimus should be at least as tall as Springer and preferably closer to Brainstorm's height if you wanna approximate the MTMTE scale.

(I hope you all appreciate the effort I went through for this post)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

EFFORT: APPRECIATED

I didn't actually consider how well Megatron and Magnus scales with them. It still leaves the problem of several deluxes that wouldn't fit properly like Drift, etc (even considering that Drift is a very tall deluxe)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
How tall are the other Rodimus molds out there?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Well, you saw Springer, and Classics Hot Rod is a head and a half shorter than Animated, MP09 is very tall, and MP28 seems to be about the size of MP Sideswipe, maybe a bit bigger. None of them really "work".

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If it hasn't collapsed already, the classics Roddy mold has to be stored in a rocket and fired into the sun.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
MP Shockwave deffo has better looking limbs than Quakewave. The little hingey bits behind MP's knees, though. That's going to limit his knee articulation to about 45°.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I wonder if any 3P companies will make a space bridge monitoring/comms station playset for MPSW.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's something odd with that DX9 MP Galvatron. At first glance it looks incredible, and I still think it's a great effort, but looking at it more there's small proportion issues that bug me a bit.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

His hands are very dainty.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Darth TNT posted:

. Apparently with appearances from M.A.S.K. I also learned that Jem and the Holograms is apparently getting a movie

Please don't talk about the Jem movie it looks so goddamn terrible and has nothing to do with the awesome cartoon tia

Captain Invictus posted:

Please do not give TFsource any business.

Why?

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I meant the Appalachia. Well, that's good to know at least! Thanks!

We got issue 54 in with this guy and its waiting on my desk for ya.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I think a because of that thing they pulled with MP Exhaust, which wasn't the first time they did that sort of thing?

I could be wrong.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TFsource has done a bunch of lovely poo poo. But they have free shipping, so, eh?

Who is buying Crox, on that note?

Between the Warpath KS and Roddy pre-order this is going to be my worst credit card bill in months :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Agent_grey posted:

We got issue 54 in with this guy and its waiting on my desk for ya.

Oh! I got one, thanks! 54 is the Vulcan ship, right? I'm good now until 55 I think. But thank you :)

Where's your desk?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think a because of that thing they pulled with MP Exhaust, which wasn't the first time they did that sort of thing?
Yes

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Grimlock's devastation video. Pretty nice.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Goddamn, that's a shamefully gappy section in the pistol grip there.

Is that mistransformed or something? That is super ugly and terrible looking. Are you just never supposed to actually transform him?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's close enough to G1 that I'm fine with the altmode and if the robot mode is just G1 but with better articulation, I'm buying it

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It looks like... Shockwave's altmode? I mean maybe it's a bit misaligned or something and the handle probably sits a lil' bit further back since it doesn't leave enough space for the trigger there, but "super ugly and terrible"?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

It looks like... Shockwave's altmode? I mean maybe it's a bit misaligned or something and the handle probably sits a lil' bit further back since it doesn't leave enough space for the trigger there, but "super ugly and terrible"?

Yeah, I'm just assuming mistransformation on the legs not locking in as the handle, and the barrels not ramrod straight which is probably just because it's not a promo shot. I think he looks fantastic, personally, especially if he's a hundred, I'm gonna have to get him eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Spiderdrake posted:

Who is buying Crox, on that note?

Me. Entirely out of nostalgia for my old battered Skullcruncher.