Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I reached out to the Brown owner in my league and he said Jarvis Landry and Karlos Williams for Brown, this is an insta accept right? I also have Brown in 3 other leagues, so i'm already all in on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

I reached out to the Brown owner in my league and he said Jarvis Landry and Karlos Williams for Brown, this is an insta accept right? I also have Brown in 3 other leagues, so i'm already all in on him.

lol yes. Best advice in this thread yet:

LmaoTheKid posted:

The window is open to buy lowish on AB84 after this weekend.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

We are manually voting on it, so I could just email the guy with a counter trade and see if that can go through instead.
That's not fair. The other guy got there first and took advantage. You should have made the deal first.

You don't veto a trade just because you don't like it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

dat one portagee posted:

Peep this trade:

GET: ODB
GIVE: Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen

My RBs are Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Karlos Williams.
My WRs are Dez (:gonk:), Fitz, Keenan Allen, Stevie Johnson, and Marvin Jones.

I picked up Jordan Reed to slide into TE and I think I'm going to drop Stevie for either Woodhead or Matt Jones for RB depth. Which of those two would you go with, standard scoring?

I'd do it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

VietCampo posted:

loving awesome, mash!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
that sounds like an awful league to be in

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

dy. posted:

That's not fair. The other guy got there first and took advantage. You should have made the deal first.

You don't veto a trade just because you don't like it.

Alright, I did not know offering a side-trade? was as unethical as it apparently is! I did not make any trade offers because I did not realize the most valuable player was on the trading block without having to give up any top talent, my loss.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dat one portagee posted:

Peep this trade:

GET: ODB
GIVE: Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen

My RBs are Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Karlos Williams.
My WRs are Dez (:gonk:), Fitz, Keenan Allen, Stevie Johnson, and Marvin Jones.

I picked up Jordan Reed to slide into TE and I think I'm going to drop Stevie for either Woodhead or Matt Jones for RB depth. Which of those two would you go with, standard scoring?

Also, I didn't think you were actually asking advice on this. This is a clear win, especially because Jordan Reed was available for free. Miller should rebound some (I hope), but he's not going to be better than a bottom end RB1 at the very best, and more likely to be somewhere in the mid to low RB2 range, I think.

Pain of Mind posted:

Alright, I did not know offering a side-trade? was as unethical as it apparently is! I did not make any trade offers because I did not realize the most valuable player was on the trading block without having to give up any top talent, my loss.

If you have some weird trade system where one of the sides can back out of an already pseudo-official trade and negotiate a different trade, I don't think there's anything unethical about offering another trade. The other side in the original trade will likely call foul, but if a trade isn't locked in once it's accepted by the two sides, then you'd be dumb not to try to one up the guy and grab Rodgers for under value.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

The other trade has been accepted, right? Which means it's too late for the parties to back out - the only way out is a veto vote. Which means you are essentially voting down the trade so your trade can go through. Which yes, is unethical.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

The other trade has been accepted, right? Which means it's too late for the parties to back out - the only way out is a veto vote. Which means you are essentially voting down the trade so your trade can go through. Which yes, is unethical.

Ahh ok, yeah, vetoing the trade is awful in this case. Don't do that.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

loving awesome, mash!

If the trade goes through i would be looking at a roster of

QB: T-Mobile/Tannehill
WR: R. Cobb, A. Brown, K. Allen, A. Robinson, T. Lockett
RB: L. Bell, A. Foster, L. Miller, L. Dunbar
TE: E. Ebron, Z. Ertz
Klol: M. Bryant
DEF: STL

.5 PPR, people might ask why i'm holding 2 QB's and 2 TE's. I'm not really hurting for depth at this moment and i just hopped on the T-Mobile train. The guy with Antonio isn't happy with his RB2 choices between Woodhead/Blount/Cj2k, so maybe he's banking on Karlos paying out for the rest of the season? Also scared off by Mike Vick last night probably.

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
There's a trade happy dude in my league who was offering me a succession of terrible deals, but he finally put one up that I might consider.

Give:
Martavis Bryant
Forsett

Get:
Matt Ryan
Lamar Miller

Now normally I would say no, but I'm in desperate need of a QB for the rest of the season, as Stafford has been garbage and the WW is bare. I already have AB, am I right in thinking that Bryant has less value now with Big Ben sidelined?

The other trade he offered me is Carr and Lamar Miller for Forsett alone, but obv Id rather have Ryan. Thoughts?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You want zero parts of lamar miller. Duck dive dodge

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Can someone who has actually watched Dolphins games this year tell me how Parker is looking?

He didn't actually get any significant playing time until deep into garbage time last week so it's hard to say. They did throw 2 fades in a row to him in the end zone at the very end of the game, but they weren't very well thrown by Tannehill. I'd expect Parker to start seeing more playing time after their week 5 bye.

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You want zero parts of lamar miller. Duck dive dodge

Yeah I figured as much. I tried offering him Forsett for Ryan straight up but he didn't take it. And Ryan's his backup besides.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

shitbutt cockfag posted:

Yeah I figured as much. I tried offering him Forsett for Ryan straight up but he didn't take it. And Ryan's his backup besides.

if you don't go QB QB in the draft how can you win on the QB's bye week?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

shitbutt cockfag posted:

There's a trade happy dude in my league who was offering me a succession of terrible deals, but he finally put one up that I might consider.

Give:
Martavis Bryant
Forsett

Get:
Matt Ryan
Lamar Miller

Now normally I would say no, but I'm in desperate need of a QB for the rest of the season, as Stafford has been garbage and the WW is bare. I already have AB, am I right in thinking that Bryant has less value now with Big Ben sidelined?

The other trade he offered me is Carr and Lamar Miller for Forsett alone, but obv Id rather have Ryan. Thoughts?

I'd actually probably take this. I'm not at all high on Bryant, Ryan is a massive upgrade on Stafford, and the drop from Forsett to Miller likely won't be that massive. I think both should be usable RB2s, though Forsett at the high end and Miller at the low. Maybe see if he'd do Stafford and Forsett for Ryan and Miller? "Hey, you need a backup QB since you're trading away Ryan!"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd actually probably take this. I'm not at all high on Bryant, Ryan is a massive upgrade on Stafford, and the drop from Forsett to Miller likely won't be that massive. I think both should be usable RB2s, though Forsett at the high end and Miller at the low. Maybe see if he'd do Stafford and Forsett for Ryan and Miller? "Hey, you need a backup QB since you're trading away Ryan!"

Before last night I'd say yes. Now I'm not so sure.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Which version of my team do you like more, .5 ppr:

WR2: Evans
TE: Ebron or Cameron

or

WR2: Kendall Wright or Allen Robinson
TE: Kelce

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 2, 2015

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Suave Fedora posted:

Which version of my team do you like more:

or

The second one.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Before last night I'd say yes. Now I'm not so sure.

Well, I don't think Forsett or Miller are as bad as they have looked so far in terms of fantasy production. Miller is still a 3 down back and has kept catching passes, Miami can't possibly keep running as little as they have been (right? :ohdear:), he's gone up against Washington and Buffalo run defenses, and in a presumably nice match up against Jax, Miami trailed for 2.5 quarters. He's not going to be threatening to be a high end RB1 by any means, but I think he should be producing better than he has been within the next few weeks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

Which version of my team do you like more:

or

PPR? I like the 2nd option more because of Kelce. Both WRs are very serviceable, especially in PPR.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

Well, I don't think Forsett or Miller are as bad as they have looked so far in terms of fantasy production. Miller is still a 3 down back and has kept catching passes, Miami can't possibly keep running as little as they have been (right? :ohdear:), he's gone up against Washington and Buffalo run defenses, and in a presumably nice match up against Jax, Miami trailed for 2.5 quarters. He's not going to be threatening to be a high end RB1 by any means, but I think he should be producing better than he has been within the next few weeks.

Lazor is a dolt and Philbin is a moron. As much as I want Philbin fired, nothing's going to change if Lazor takes over. I'm never drafting Miller again but at this point it doesn't really help me to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I rostered Brian Quick the other day. Is he ever going to play ever? Is he even a real person?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
On the topic of collusion, a buddy of mine mentioned this trade got vetoed in his league and its pretty bad.

Eric Decker and Karlos WIliams for Marshawn Lynch. The Decker/Williams owner is 3-0 and the Lynch owner is 0-3. I am generally of the opinion that you don't veto trades but this seems like it could be collusion given their records. What are your thoughts?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SeannieDarko posted:

PPR? I like the 2nd option more because of Kelce. Both WRs are very serviceable, especially in PPR.

Sorry, yes it's half ppr.

I don't have any shares of Wright or ARob this season. Preference?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

On the topic of collusion, a buddy of mine mentioned this trade got vetoed in his league and its pretty bad.

Eric Decker and Karlos WIliams for Marshawn Lynch. The Decker/Williams owner is 3-0 and the Lynch owner is 0-3. I am generally of the opinion that you don't veto trades but this seems like it could be collusion given their records. What are your thoughts?

Not vetoable. It's not that unbalanced if you are of the very strong opinion that Karlos could end up being lead dog in BUF, which is entirely possible and wouldn't surprise me at all because 1) Rex plays the best guy (see Tyrod) and 2) McCoy's skillset is NOT the best fit for their rushing style. He's a dodger best suited for zone blocking, and BUF power blocks.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MrSargent posted:

K Williams has a mid-good chance of outscoring Lynch from game to game from here on out, so, no, it's just a speculative trade.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Why do so many of you have horribly stupid opinions on other peoples' perfectly valid trades?

Like there are tons of bad trades in the keeper league I run (somebody just swapped Larry Fitzgerald for CJ Anderson and a 5th round pick, lmbo), but I don't run in here every time and complain about it.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

MrSargent posted:

That's a perfectly fine trade.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

It's almost as if these owners are trading based on their opinions on the future performance of a player rather than past value. Whoa!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm of the opinion that consenting adults can trade whatever they want.

Like, in the goon 20 man league, I traded off Ben and Matt Jones for Carson Palmer. He got more long term value via a playoff qb and a flex RB, I got an instant quality replacement. Trades is trades.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Rotoworld posted:

LeSean McCoy (hamstring), who has been ruled out for Week 4, made it clear Friday that he won't return until he's 100 percent healthy.

McCoy seems to be preparing himself for a multi-week absence. "One thing I promised myself is I can't go out there if I'm not 100 percent," said McCoy. So, if it's this game or next game -- whenever it is, I'm rushing to get back but I'm not playing till I'm 100 percent." All of the Karlos Williams.

"All of the Karlos Williams" indeed! :black101:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm on the Special K train so hard.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

Sorry, yes it's half ppr.

I don't have any shares of Wright or ARob this season. Preference?

Wright. I like how he and Mariota have a rapport.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks for all of the thoughts on the trade guys. This is only my second year doing fantasy football so I haven't seen a lot of trades (total of 2 so far) so I really don't know where the line is between collusion and bad trade. In my league, I don't allow vetoes but there have only been two trades, so nothing for me to really evaluate.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Also, I would like to take this time to say that if I lose to my opponent who is starting this team this week, I will just snap.

Seriously, though. Losing to this would be humiliating.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I think collusion is something like a 3-0 team trades a kicker to the 0-3 team for Lynch. Everything else is basically fair game and vetos are dumb.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm on the Special K train so hard.

T-Mobile looks down the field, *insert cool Watkins nickname here* is covered, dodges the rush and dumps off to Special K for a 30 yard gain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

MrSargent posted:

So when Decker and Williams go off and Lynch remains a bum does the league apologize for ruining that guys chance to compete this year?

• Locked thread