Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

mightygerm posted:

If everyone had nukes, we'd all be safer.

Well, when it comes to getting invaded, many countries would be safer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Holy poo poo, Trump's response is literally "Crime, boy, I dunno..."

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

New YouGov poll:
https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/10/01/donald-trump-still-top-smaller-lead/

Trump: 25 (- 8)
Rubio: 16 (+9)
Carson: 15 (- 1)
Cruz 9(+1)
Fiorina 8(+2)
Bush 7(-1)
Paul 4 (-)
Kasich 4(+1)
Huckabee 2 (-)
Jindal 2 (+2)

Everyone else is 1% or less.
Huh, Rubio's higher than expected, but otherwise this is consistent with all the other polls we've seen.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

fade5 posted:

Huh, Rubio's higher than expected, but otherwise this is consistent with all the other polls we've seen.

YouGov has some wacky numbers. Last time Trump was WAY too high, this time I think Rubio's numbers are inflated.

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

fade5 posted:

The favorable / unfavorable split for Trump went through a big shift too
He was 68 / 28 (for self-identified Republicans) two weeks ago; now he's down to 56 / 41.

:ohdear: wrap it up Trumpailures...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah, I don't trust YouGov, they gently caress things up in the UK too. That said, this is poll #2 with Bush in 6th place.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I remember that in 2012 people were saying "the field sucks this year because all the real contenders are waiting for 2016" and now it's 2015 and the polling leader is a guy who got laughed off the stage in 2012

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Believe It or Not, Jeb Is in The Driver’s Seat

quote:

Jeb Bush right now reminds me of Baltimore Ravens quarterback Trent Dilfer in Super Bowl 35, who basically had such solid infrastructure around him that as long as he didn’t throw eight interceptions against my beloved Giants he was pretty much guaranteed a victory. If Bush remains gaffe-free on a monumental scale, he’s built to last the long haul, and by my suspicions, will take a stage in some capacity on the night of November 8th, 2016.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's already thrown 5 interceptions and its 2015.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
i wonder why i haven't shot anyone yet?

Montasque posted:

sexually frustrated isolated young men

yep

Montasque posted:

with mental health issues

yep

Montasque posted:

with massive entitlement complexes

yep

Montasque posted:

who were taught their entire lives that violence solves everything. Now give those people easy access to firearms and this is what we get.

well, i'm afraid of loud things

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

He reminds me more of Tim Tebow. Everyone thinks he is awesome... until they see him play.

Edit: Oh, and Tebow only did as well as he did due to a massively skilled organization supporting him. Hmm...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

mightygerm posted:

Pussy conservatives want nuke free zones.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

euphronius posted:

He's already thrown 5 interceptions and its 2015.

It's on a weekly basis right now.

Also I'm pretty sure Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are more popular with the Republican base than Jeb! at this point.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

mightygerm posted:

You mean if everyone had thousands of nukes, because if you just have one or two you might only cause "acceptable losses" versus total destruction of your enemy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

You mean if everyone had thousands of nukes, because if you just have one or two you might only cause "acceptable losses" versus total destruction of your enemy.

MAD doctrine for everyone!

Also Rush is talking about GUN FREE ZONES being the real killer here. YEP!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It was criminals bringing them from their guns everywhere zones into our nice neighborhoods. Won't someone do something about this criminal thuggish culture of white people???

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mrit posted:

He reminds me more of Tim Tebow. Everyone thinks he is awesome... until they see him play.

Edit: Oh, and Tebow only did as well as he did due to a massively skilled organization supporting him. Hmm...

just like tebow, Jeb is getting hammered into the turf by True American Patriots.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

BUSH AT 4%

http://www.people-press.org/2015/10/02/contrasting-partisan-perspectives-on-campaign-2016/

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mrit posted:

What if the 2016 general election is the Pittsburgh playoff game and then the next four years are everything after that game? :ohdear:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I am legit happy that Tim Tebow loving sucks and is mocked and made fun, because he was enjoying Kim Davis level cultishness online and on ESPN, and I literally shouted expletives at obama when he did that bullshit tebowing

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nonsense posted:

I am legit happy that Tim Tebow loving sucks and is mocked and made fun, because he was enjoying Kim Davis level cultishness online and on ESPN, and I literally shouted expletives at obama when he did that bullshit tebowing

tebow is more like romney

he managed a stunning come-from-behind victory to beat a notable shithead and raised expectations among the faithful only to be utterly humiliated in the next game so badly he was driven out of the league forever

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush on Jeb's lame poll numbers - saying the RNC is just about ready to shift to Marco Rubio.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Bush at 4%

I guess that $37M in ads really helped :lol:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Is "I can't fix American gun massacres" Trump's first admission of being incapable? Normally his tactic is "I'll make guns so safe your head will spin, I know some very smart people at the NRA", but that doesn't work for a completely politicized issue.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Is "I can't fix American gun massacres" Trump's first admission of being incapable? Normally his tactic is "I'll make guns so safe your head will spin, I know some very smart people at the NRA", but that doesn't work for a completely politicized issue.

It sounds like he's the nominee.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
lets be honest, americans love a good mass shooting

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
makes the country feel alive

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

stoutfish posted:

lets be honest, americans love a good mass shooting

its ok so long as they don't target our prophets as they did in the 60s.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
eh the current crop of domestic terrorists are pretty dumb, probably too cowardly to attack public figures

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
We should be teaching these angry, disenfranchised youths to "self-deport" quietly and without fuss. Perhaps an ad campaign to explain to them that everything is their fault and the world would be better off without them.

Or we could do what we always do and start a war to make them another country's problem.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

stoutfish posted:

makes the country feel alive

Except those who died, of course.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
How is Trump going to take a hit on this? His 2nd amendment paper is so in-line with the republican platform that JEB! is probably pissed he didn't write it first. Preserve 2nd amendment rights, NATION-WIDE right to carry, no new gun restrictions. It also has the added bonus of throwing a bone to liberals and moderates of expanding mental health, which is definitely a contributor to these kinds of tragedies. (Not as big a contributor as cheap easy access to guns, but you take what you can get).

Trump is taking hits to his poll numbers because some voters are getting sick of his antics and scoping out the "serious" candidates, basically Rubio. Who knows if they will stick with him and go back though.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

blue squares posted:

uhhh... what does his Jewishness have to do with anything?

this was supposed to read like an honorific title, like "his highness" but i can see how you would read it the other way, like i was making a statement about him being a jew

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Here's some non-shooty news:

Trump has hired state aides in Florida, Texas, Virgina:
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/02/donald-trump-trying-to-show-staying-power-hires-state-aides/

Jeb! operatives are now collecting dirt on Rubio and Kasich:
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/02/operatives-for-jeb-bush-super-pac-are-caught-in-the-act-twice/

The big news here is Jeb is amping up his attacks on Rubio, and will start hitting him on his record(or lack there of) in the Senate:

quote:

Mr. Bush has also drawn attention to his plan to dock the pay of lawmakers who miss votes — which has been interpreted as a jab at Mr. Rubio, who has done so frequently.

Speaking to reporters after a town hall-style event in Bedford, N.H., on Wednesday night, Mr. Bush was asked if Mr. Rubio’s voting record was a problem.

“I think if you had a dock-in-pay strategy, you’d probably get more attendance,” he said generally, before an aide rushed him off.

And finally... Bobby Jindal is angry at Ted Cruz for supporting Donald Trump:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/politics/bobby-jindal-ted-cruz-donald-trump/index.html

quote:

"Even conservative senators like Ted Cruz are complicit," Jindal wrote. "He has distinguished himself by praising Trump's positions and clinging to his events, in the hope of picking up his votes when he eventually fades."

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Lol if Rubio and Jeb tear each other apart

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Montasque posted:

Here's some non-shooty news:

Trump has hired state aides in Florida, Texas, Virgina:
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/02/donald-trump-trying-to-show-staying-power-hires-state-aides/

Jeb! operatives are now collecting dirt on Rubio and Kasich:
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/02/operatives-for-jeb-bush-super-pac-are-caught-in-the-act-twice/

The big news here is Jeb is amping up his attacks on Rubio, and will start hitting him on his record(or lack there of) in the Senate:

And finally... Bobby Jindal is angry at Ted Cruz for supporting Donald Trump:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/politics/bobby-jindal-ted-cruz-donald-trump/index.html

Jindal must believe in sympathetic magic: if he just says "Trump" enough time, some of that power will rub off on him.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
There's something really sad about JEB, the 5th/6th place candidate attacking Rubio who is in 4th place. Both are polling in single digits in most states. I understand why he's doing it, but it reeks of desperation, like saying JEB couldn't run with the big dogs so he's picking on the young up and coming scrapper who is just trying to get by and make a name for himself. Doubly so because Rubio considers JEB as one of his political influences.

All the super-PAC money and campaign staffers in the world aren't going to get him the nomination. JEB's best bet at this point is to hope at the next debate he is seated off to the side, and some stage scaffolding falls on top of the candidates in the middle.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/j1lXpmylh5M

Hit the nose!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Brannock posted:

Lol if Rubio and Jeb tear each other apart

nothing left for rubio to tear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If Jeb! was actually smart, and the Republican party actually stood a chance, he'd drop out Monday.

• Locked thread