Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I was recently wondering why Gaylord hadn't posted another amazing Primarch.

I'll actually buy and paint Perturabo sometime in the future. I need to up my game since you're doing the Iron Dude next.

Please switch to Iron Warriors rules because -1S to ranged weapons makes me nanners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Going to have to agree with the cheater cheater scruntin eater. That's just as bad as making dreadnought horizontal.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

It's from a Squat army ya dinguses

http://imgur.com/a/V6fTS

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

LingcodKilla posted:

cheater cheater scruntin eater

do NOT eat scrunts, under any circumstances

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think that scrunt titan is lazy and bad

just like a scrunt

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

DrPop posted:

It's from a Squat army ya dinguses

http://imgur.com/a/V6fTS

Yeah I'd be that guy at the tourney complaining about him modeling for unfair advantage.

Looks like an almost inch and half shorter. Now if he was to put it on a taller more built up base it would be cool.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
"Modelling for advantage" is a stupid concept from bad rules. You should model your dudes how they look cool and the game should be okay with that.

Also the 'nids and space marines I was aiming to sell are both back in the for-sale pool if anyone was interested.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Infinity solved that issue by making every model have a silhouette. But this is GW, so v0v.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

DJ Dizzy posted:

Infinity solved that issue by making every model have a silhouette. But this is GW, so v0v.

Silhouette stats. That's a good idea.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Silhouette stats. That's a good idea.

:agreed:

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
At least someone is still using their DwarfsTM :unsmith:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Leaked rules for the Ghostkeel Stealth Suit:

Moola reminds you to not give GW money posted:

The Ghostkeel is an elite choice that comes with 2 stealth drones for each Ghostkeel. It's a Jet Pack Monstrous Creature, and you can take 1-3. It has the normal Tau BS 3 with 4 wounds, but only a T5. However the 3+ save with +2 to it's cover save outside of 12" should make up for it.

The main gun- Fusion Collider is an 18" S8 AP1 melta blast gun that can be exchanged for a Ion weapon that is more infantry based with a S7AP4 Assault 6 gun that can overcharge for additional strength and a large blast.

It also has a twin- linked flamer that can be exchanged out for a TL bust cannon or fusion blaster.

The model has gear that doubles the cover saves to a max of +2 but also gains shrouded from it's drones. It seems powerful with stealth, shrouded, and the limited doubling, but I have not had time to read the details to see what stacks.

Two support systems are also allowed for upgrades. Cost wise its a little over a hundred and a quarter.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That Is OK.

I hope the entirely expected Super Stealth Super Tacticool Formation will be neat.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Also it's looking more and more (thanks to new photos) like the Stormsurge is just open-topped.

lol @ this loving $140 open-topped battlesuit

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also it's looking more and more (thanks to new photos) like the Stormsurge is just open-topped.

lol @ this loving $140 open-topped battlesuit

Someone posted the assembly instructions and indeed there's no covering piece. And why would anyone think there would be, when the pics we've seen clearly show no hinges or attachement parts for a cover. The answer is: because GW is dum dum.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I just wish there was some variation of the open-topped rule for MCs

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
The Ghostkeel seems ok but both it and the Stormsurge don't provide very much shooting for their point cost, when Tau are all about efficient, overwhelming firepower. We'll see how much the old units have been changed in the new Codex, I guess.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I'd be that guy at the tourney complaining about him modeling for unfair advantage.

You would.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

The Ghostkeel seems ok but both it and the Stormsurge don't provide very much shooting for their point cost, when Tau are all about efficient, overwhelming firepower. We'll see how much the old units have been changed in the new Codex, I guess.

8d6 S5 Missiles and 4 D shots isn't much shooting?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

lmao 4 10" SD shots, because your opponent is going to move juicy targets into range while the Stormsurge is immobile. And Tau were really lacking for S5 shooting before, let me tell you. Stormsurge doesn't do anything that other Tau units don't already do better

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

lmao 4 10" SD shots, because your opponent is going to move juicy targets into range while the Stormsurge is immobile. And Tau were really lacking for S5 shooting before, let me tell you. Stormsurge doesn't do anything that other Tau units don't already do better

Even at range, it's 4 S9 blasts or something?

Maybe it's not a lot of shooting 'for Tau' I guess.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Phyresis posted:

Someone, somewhere is going to fail a charge and get murdered.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The 72" demo cannon really isn't that bad either, park it in the back and start double tapping.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Can the Stormsurge get Interceptor?

If so that's kind of dumb.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
More new units? From the Stormsurge transfer sheet apparently:

'Coldstar', 'Enforcer' and 'Breacher Team'?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ghostkeel

what?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

Ghostkeel

what?

That's the name of the next suit, the stealthy one. It's not a gundam.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I've had to deal with huge assholes who have modeled stuff for that exact reason and claimed extra coverage a model of the normal size would not get. We all know that the game is dumb so why you think it's nothing to get worked up about in a tourney is strange.
One guy in my old old league ( the fighting hellfish of mountain view) modeled all his monstrous tyrannids scuttling like crabs to under half size. Another guy turned his rhinos into chopped and dropped low rhinos and his predator too.
Both constantly fought for higher cover saves because more of the vehicle creature was in cover.

Thankfully that's all in the pass.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ghost

keel

missed opportunity to call it the Ghosthand GWs

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

LingcodKilla posted:

Another guy turned his rhinos into chopped and dropped low rhinos and his predator too.

OK this is actually cool as poo poo.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

yeah it's pretty rad

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wanna see those low-rider rhinos.

TKIY posted:

More new units? From the Stormsurge transfer sheet apparently:

'Coldstar', 'Enforcer' and 'Breacher Team'?
Aren't the new fire warriors supposed to be a dual kit? Maybe those are the strike team and breacher team. Coldstar/Enforcer will probably be some sort of Crisis variants since that's pretty obvious.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Safety Factor posted:

Aren't the new fire warriors supposed to be a dual kit? Maybe those are the strike team and breacher team. Coldstar/Enforcer will probably be some sort of Crisis variants since that's pretty obvious.

Yeah, those are the two fire warrior variants. The Coldstar is a "space-going" crisis suit variant mentioned in the current Codex: Tau Empire.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TKIY posted:

Leaked rules for the Ghostkeel Stealth Suit:

So that's where the umbrella drones went.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Boon posted:

Can the Stormsurge get Interceptor?

If so that's kind of dumb.

It says it can take 3 support systems.

So, Skyfire, Interceptor, and an invuln. Hooray!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ANAmal.net posted:

If he had actually painted it or really done anything more than cut out the middle and not try to claim 100% coverage behind one inch barricades I guess it would have been cool.
Candy apple red with gold trim and gothic print would have been a nice touch.
The original rhinos were pretty small to start with.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Another picture dump!

Today I got to play a round against my brother and his Space Marines for the most purple army-trophy. The game itself meant more to me than your usual match would because he has been battling a nerve disease for the past year and only now was in a condition to play with his own two hands. Since he obviously hasn't played in a very long time I took one of my worst lists available and it was more than enough to give him a victory by 10 points over my 4!

Ground forces from hive fleet Leviathan (Limbo tendril) are lured into an ambush inside a devestated hive city by the Brotherhood chapter, intense fighting ensues.

Some marines are caught off-guard by hordes of ripper swarms or ravening Raveners, but prevail in the end thanks to the power of the 3+ armor save.

This Carnifex failed its charge against the Dreadnought pictured; it suffered several powerfist blows for its efforts in the following turn. In the meantime, the Purple Terror eats a marine Sergeant.

As the Hive Tyrant engages a squad of plasma cannon marines that have been a thorn in its side for the past turn, the Chapter Master and some hand-picked Terminator veterans :siren: DEEP STRIKE :siren: right into the enemy lines to assist their brethren.

At this point I had lost the game already, but we kept going until turn 5 where his units tabled the last of the bugs. It was entertaining, and next time I'll definitely take some more competitive units to the mix since he had no trouble at all dealing with my terrible list. This was the first and last time I'll ever take a 5 strong brood of Zoanthropes. :v:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Your stuff looks great. Hope your bro gets better.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Coldstar, in the fluff, is a space-combat battlesuit. So expect FMC or Jetpack cav or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't a suit optimized for zero-gravity be completely useless in an atmosphere?
:goonsay:

Or at the very least, inefficient.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 2, 2015

• Locked thread