Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

mushroom_spore posted:

Also for your low level foraging, apples spawn around Serbule along with whatever the lowest level flowers are. You'll be able to pick the grapes after a bit. Then I think you'll have to move on to harvesting in Eltibule. Then Sun Vale, though the guava stage is awkward now, it seems like their spawns were nerfed to hell from when I leveled my other character.

To be more specific, the NW quadrant of Serbule is your best place for early foraging. Fuckloads of spawns and some decent mobs to grind on too if you want to get close enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
True, although apples can spawn pretty much anywhere on the map. Once their spawns were increased a while back I was seeing them everywhere, including on the way to the Crypt.

And I always forget that harvesting lumber raises foraging too, since I can't harvest lumber. :downs:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I had kind of a bad first impression of this game when the race descriptions included sexual proclivities for the elves...

...Then I got in game and shamed a skeleton to death and then did an autopsy that confirmed said shaming. I then died to a giant spider and got a fear of cows from said death.

This game is kind of OK for being in development.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

The elven sexual proclivities thing is pretty full into outrageous and silly territory. There's a sign in one area that an elf put up to ask other elves to please stop having sex in the communal bath during the day because it makes the humans uncomfortable. Another elven pair discuss how one of them saw a human naked and that it's totally true that humans only have one penis and how weird it is.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
The real world reason for the elves is pretty funny too. Citan did a blog post about it somewhere, but basically when the game was made entirely out of extra-cheap premade poo poo all he could find for elf placeholders was fairly normal elf dudes and then half-naked elf women in thongs and high heels. He said to himself "okay this is sexist and stupid, I can't just roll with this like it's normal."

So he decided if there were gonna be sexy elves, they'd ALL be that way and he would take them completely seriously. As much as anything in this game is taken seriously, anyway.

Now the elf dudes are the half naked ones inviting player characters to leather parties and two fully dressed elven women hang out in front of the inn gossiping about how sexually inadequate human men are. :laffo: So basically Citan is good people and the whole thing is purposely not doing the kind of neckbeard crap you expect when you hear "the elves have sex all the time."

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

mushroom_spore posted:

The real world reason for the elves is pretty funny too. Citan did a blog post about it somewhere, but basically when the game was made entirely out of extra-cheap premade poo poo all he could find for elf placeholders was fairly normal elf dudes and then half-naked elf women in thongs and high heels. He said to himself "okay this is sexist and stupid, I can't just roll with this like it's normal."

So he decided if there were gonna be sexy elves, they'd ALL be that way and he would take them completely seriously. As much as anything in this game is taken seriously, anyway.

Now the elf dudes are the half naked ones inviting player characters to leather parties and two fully dressed elven women hang out in front of the inn gossiping about how sexually inadequate human men are. :laffo: So basically Citan is good people and the whole thing is purposely not doing the kind of neckbeard crap you expect when you hear "the elves have sex all the time."

Look, if going to Joeh's leather parties is wrong, I don't want to be right.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Nemo2342 posted:

Look, if going to Joeh's leather parties is wrong, I don't want to be right.

I helped him decorate for one last night but he doesn't like that character enough yet to actually invite him. One day, Joeh. One day. :swoon:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I got to soul mates with Joeh using nothing but bacon and leather. That prick still won't invite me to his leather parties. At least Rita has the decency to put out.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This game is loving weird but it owns. Name is Tsurupettan in game.

Is there dirt in this newbie cave? I have tons of mushrooms.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The skeletons can drop it. I'm not sure if the gatherable dirt mounds can spawn inside the cave.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is loving weird but it owns. Name is Tsurupettan in game.

Is there dirt in this newbie cave? I have tons of mushrooms.

Kill skeletons to get dirt, there is a pond in one if the side paths you can take bottles to to get water, everything else is either ground spawn or in a chest.

Don't go into the hidden map path without a friend unless you like taking dirt naps. Skeleton mages are rough.

Get psychology and murder wolves with a combination of a rat buddy and shame.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If you're high enough level to go into the mushroom cave, you can farm a ton of dirt there in short order. All the mushrooms and tenders have something like a 1:2 chance to drop dirt in addition to other random things. Take a shovel. If you stand in the first intersection, you don't even have to move. You'll have tenders and brain bugs path up to you until you're sick of it. Loot a mob and bury it and before you know it, you'll have another one chewing on your rear end begging to die and give you dirt.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is there a friendlist?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
they changed my name from pisschrist to pisschris :(

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
It's all good Urinelord, we know who you are.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hahha that's hilarious

Could have made you misschrist tho and then you could have rp'd a fundie. As it stands now you just sound like a guy named Chris with a piss fetish

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah no poo poo.

I dont really want to be piss Chris :(

Pisschrist, it's a good name. Blood for the blood God, piss for the piss Christ.

Anyway I messaged the dev a mea culpa and asked if he'd be willing to change it to something else, or if pisschris would be my *cross to bear*

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 29, 2015

Octave
Jan 9, 2008

Hallowed be thy name.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Someone start a goon guild.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Nevvy Z posted:

Someone start a goon guild.

Man, I remember telling people back when that <GS> meant Glug Squad and that SA was South Africa.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wasn't that long ago!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Still means Glug Squad.

Bluddwolf
Jul 21, 2015
Downloaded this today, strange freaking game but oddly addictive. I have a feeling it might be bad enough to be a really big thing, almost like a cult classic.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Bluddwolf posted:

Downloaded this today, strange freaking game but oddly addictive. I have a feeling it might be bad enough to be a really big thing, almost like a cult classic.

Same here. So far melee combat seems surprisingly fun and functional.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ive been playing around in this again,

the other night the full moon started and all the people with lycanthropy got forced into wolf form for the weekend.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Did guilds get put in yet?

If yes, is there already a Goon guild created?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inimicul posted:

Did guilds get put in yet?

If yes, is there already a Goon guild created?

they did, but i think there's only one guild, and people use it as a chat channel.

and there is like one goon.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I went to log in last night and couldn't remember the password. The password recovery page doesn't work, it just says it has no record of that email address. Has anyone else had the same problem recently?

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

I was pleasantly surprised by how support works. You select someone in your party list to heal them, and using any offensive power automatically targets the nearest enemy. Given the interface, playing mentalist could have been utterly awful but it's actually pretty smooth.

If anyone wants to do lowbie dungeons I'm the guy with a giant head dancing to tuba music in Serbule.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Ratzap posted:

I went to log in last night and couldn't remember the password. The password recovery page doesn't work, it just says it has no record of that email address. Has anyone else had the same problem recently?

Do you have a guest account?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm looking for a casual MMO where I can hop on, slay some poo poo, then hop off for awhile, not grind 100x for a lovely sheild fo gorgon where I need to kill 100 spiders and hope that they drop 50 spider eggs to take ot the emerald former so they can make the gem I need at a 50% chance.

I want to log on, kill poo poo, get better, kill poo poo.. then log off, then later on log on and kill poo poo. etc

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

tater_salad posted:

I'm looking for a casual MMO where I can hop on, slay some poo poo, then hop off for awhile, not grind 100x for a lovely sheild fo gorgon where I need to kill 100 spiders and hope that they drop 50 spider eggs to take ot the emerald former so they can make the gem I need at a 50% chance.

I want to log on, kill poo poo, get better, kill poo poo.. then log off, then later on log on and kill poo poo. etc

This game is that

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

tater_salad posted:

yeah this game is pretty easy to play casually and have fun, and I actually mean that as opposed to people saying "yeah play casually while we raidfarm"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Perfect.. that's what I want to hear.. I've tried a lot of.. sure it's casual.. while I just get funneled poo poo and raids take 3hrs at a time

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Innerguard posted:

Do you have a guest account?

It's a known issue for some accounts made a while back apparently. I contacted Gorgons support email, they reset my password and I got back in. It counts as having been started on the 2nd of October but I still have my character which is the important part.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

tater_salad posted:

Keep in mind that gear will be wiped throughout, but you'll keep your stats.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
can anyone give me the skivvy on what's happened with the game? I played vehemently right before the update to unity, but took a break because of the constant server issues. Has much progress been made?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lewtt posted:

can anyone give me the skivvy on what's happened with the game? I played vehemently right before the update to unity, but took a break because of the constant server issues. Has much progress been made?

Well there are raptors in the sewers, and you can loot Sewer Chicken, which is raw chicken that spawns. There's also an enemy called Baby Slime down there, and venom spiders. Its fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
No more server issues, a new desert zone with new mobs and a new dungeon, some other new new dungeons, lv 60 to a lot of skill trees with more on the way, other stuff to do.

Still a charming little game, usually 30-100 people on now.