Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
go cougs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

go3 posted:

go cougs :(
cougs bitch

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Cougs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
saw the cougs flag waving at gameday. wheez is smilin up there.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

nerve posted:

Intruder get on this poo poo

I'm way sadder about this than I would have expected. I don't spend much time in tff during the summer but what a terrible thing to come back to. I'm going to bet on the Cougs(not this week thankfully, I'll pick a week when they're not up against a powerhouse like Portland State) and donate the winnings to SPLC.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
cougs had about as cougs a game as it gets today, so good tribute

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
wheez is free. No more days like today.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

26 years old, goddamn.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Cougs bitch

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
drat, I don't post here in the off season, so I just noticed this.

Terrible news to come back to.

RIP and God Bless Wheez. :(

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

MonsterWalk posted:

wheez turned me on to this, the greatest chicken recipe EVER. I cannot recommend this enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWLt6G85zC4

RIP Wheez :(

Is anyone else getting "This video contains content from Scripps, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"? I wanted to make this recipe in his honor. edit: nevermind, I saw the recipe was written out on page 1.

OneWhoKnows fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 7, 2015

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

The Nards Pan posted:

I'm way sadder about this than I would have expected. I don't spend much time in tff during the summer but what a terrible thing to come back to. I'm going to bet on the Cougs(not this week thankfully, I'll pick a week when they're not up against a powerhouse like Portland State) and donate the winnings to SPLC.

GG wheez.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Aww man.

Wheez is someone who always made me feel really comfortable posting in TFF, and chatted with me like I was a regular, even back when the only college football I watched was 1)University of Arizona or 2)Whatever game was on after 11:00 PM Pacific time (which isn't so bad now but really was the sum of some of the worst football being played when I started).

Beyond the personal, he was one of the most entertaining and memorable posters on the internet and from reading this thread obviously very cool in real life. Bah. Hate hearing this news, the world is less good without him.

gently caress.

Go Cougs.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Cougs bitch :unsmith::toot:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cougs hosed Rutgers in the end, and only a few things would have made Wheez happier than that :unsmith:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I had wondered where Wheez went and just saw this thread. Holy poo poo what a bummer - as much as he drove me crazy sometimes, I always enjoyed his posts and craziness.

Now to figure out whether to donate to the SPLC or MSF.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
What lovely news to come back to for the start of the football season :( Gameday threads are going to be less fun without him.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
I just now clicked the link in sweet thursday's title text for the first time and couldn't believe it, I had to go ask someone on Twitter if it was a joke.
I knew there had to be a thread so I looked until I found this one.

Wheez made GDTs a lot of fun and as others have said, I almost feel a bit shameful for being as sad as I am about it, having never actually known him. But he made as good an impression as someone can make through mostly-joking forum posts about sports. He always came off as intelligent, literate and socially conscious. I wish I'd somehow known him better. I still remember him telling me, over the course of a horribly boring Monday night game, the entire premise of his thesis, which required extensive use of primary sources in Japanese (which he mostly could not read).

What an awful, awful shame.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
This is loving bullshit.
Goodbye, Wheez. :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DancingMachine posted:

This is loving bullshit.
Goodbye, Wheez. :(

Buddy I got some more bad news

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743543

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress

This

Gay

Earth.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress

This

Gay

Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0cGt5-69k

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:lol:

Thanks for that.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I find comfort in the fact that it can be viewed even when 4K TVs become more of a thing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Watched it again, laughed harder. This is just the kinda thing Wheez would have loved :smith:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

I love that this is a thing that exists. :golfclap:

I hate that this is how I have to come across it. :sigh:

They say these sorts of things always happen in threes, right? Hopefully this is as bad as the "third" gets...?

WSU Cougars flag lost; ESPN College GameDay streak in jeopardy?
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/wsu-cougars-flag-lost-espn-college-gameday-streak-in-jeopardy/

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I didn't post here a lot during the off season, but this is terrible. I always enjoyed reading his posts and he was one of my favorite posters.

RIP, go cougs. Hope he is in a happier place.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
my heart hurts irl

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

:(

rip wheez, the war is over

Petey fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 3, 2015

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Cougs, bitch. Hope you got to enjoy the win wherever you are, wheez.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

I thought about wheez when I saw the score. Cougs didn't coug.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Cougs Wheezed.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Dude was six months younger than me and his heart just stopped, gently caress that :( Rest easy wheez

Im not going to lie to you: poo poo like this is loving chilling. The dude looked relatively healthy, was at a young age, and didn't seem like the type to smoke or drink heavily

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Race Realists posted:

Im not going to lie to you: poo poo like this is loving chilling. The dude looked relatively healthy, was at a young age, and didn't seem like the type to smoke or drink heavily

2/3 still isn't that bad

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Race Realists posted:

...I'm being whooshed, aren't I?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Race Realists posted:

didn't seem like the type to drink heavily

did

did you ever read wheez's posts

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

2/3 still isn't that bad

im already a hypochondriac as is. this is just making it worse

My thoughts are with the family :smith:

EDIT: Ah. My bad.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wheez was an extremely powerful drinker.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It insults wheez's memory to suggest that he did not take drinking deeply seriously. I think he probably also had a big dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

It insults wheez's memory to suggest that he did not take drinking deeply seriously. I think he probably also had a big dick

He's alive!

Oh man wheez you got us good

• Locked thread