Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

AirRaid posted:

Can you even imagine running, walljumping, doublejumping around a map with a riot-shield? Using a shield would remove 90% of the mobility, while leaving everyone else to just jump over/behind you and shoot you in the back.

I'm glad they left them out. They don't have a place.

Shield is used as kite allowing for longer glides

BALANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Make it into a sled on snow maps.

Make one giant snow map where there's a single off-the-map glitch that gets you a ported SSX track.

Since it's Call of Duty, put an avalanche-target Nuketown variant at the bottom.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Okay both of those things are totally valid and completely awesome ideas.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
help guys i need psn's because 360 is dead to me

no more Castlevania either

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Is there a PS4 Goon Community for this? In regards to the System Software 3.0 upgrade, Communities seem kinda..neat I guess. Shame you can't search for poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I made one for the Hell of it, though you may already have to be on my friends list? I have no idea. :effort:

Not even sure if I can link to it outside of the PS4/app.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2GMPVXLGbk
Looks like this year's theme of SP story insanity will be WW2, Inception and Norse mythology.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks really loving dumb.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Why do they even both with the sp now?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Asehujiko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2GMPVXLGbk
Looks like this year's theme of SP story insanity will be WW2, Inception and Norse mythology.

Call of Duty: CSI Future

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

To be fair, AW had the first single player that I was interested in enough to complete since MW2.
That, combined with the continually uninteresting multiplayer, means it's not surprising they're working hard on it; it's their insurance policy.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Inside Out Mom posted:

they didn't for the 360/ps3 versions!!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
They should really just make a zombies campaign and let the shootymans just be mp.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Inside Out Mom posted:

They should really just make an Extinction campaign and let the shootymans just be mp.

FTFY. :colbert:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Never played that mode, and I really enjoyed Blops1 zombies. Didn't get a chance to play Blops2 zombies. :frogbon:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Inside Out Mom posted:

Never played that mode, and I really enjoyed Blops1 zombies. Didn't get a chance to play Blops2 zombies. :frogbon:

Extinction is the only good thing call of duty has done in the last 5 years.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
How does Extinction differ from Zombies?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

venutolo posted:

Class-based, with skill trees you level up in each game, including, effectively, killstreaks. (much) More variety in enemy types. Has a goal; is "winnable."

Less charm.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

venutolo posted:

It ends.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

The Merry Marauder posted:

Class-based, with skill trees you level up in each game, including, effectively, killstreaks. (much) More variety in enemy types. Has a goal; is "winnable."

Less charm.

I'm hoping there is an end to the new stuff. The trailer for the new stuff seems to show some sort of boss monster. Would love that. I'm way into Killing Floor 2 on PC now and love the waves capped off by a boss battle style. I agree that zombies biggest flaw was not having the option for a cap or ending.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Shadows of Evil or w/e (the one with Heather Graham, Ron Perlman, Neal McDonough, and scenery-chewing Jeff Goldblum) seems thematically linked to Mob of the Dead (Michael Madsen, Joey Pants, Chazz Palminteri, Ray Liotta) from Blops 2, which did have a way to end the game with a boss battle of sorts.

So that's good news, I guess.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

venutolo posted:

It actually has a win state, and isn't an ever increasing treadmill of bullshit difficulty where the enemy never reacts to bullet hits.

Also, they're not a tired gimmick enemy for hack A.I. programmers. gently caress zombies.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 1, 2015

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Inside Out Mom posted:

They couldn't get away with $60 for a mp only game. The last-gen versions are only $10 cheaper now, but figure that price is being propped up a bit by the digital copy of Blops1.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Inside Out Mom posted:

i don't know, i like playing it so theres that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Extinction really fun because I could play it by myself and collect teeth without getting yelled at for running too many relics.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Extinction really fun because I could play it by myself and collect teeth without getting yelled at for running too many relics.

The revolvers were so good, there was never a reason not to take Pistols Only most of the time. :clint:

Running snipers/shotguns only was hilarious though. So powerful... :zaeed:

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
I'm on the spread (your butthole) sheet now

Macys I want to hear you bitch about netcode again because even though you get really salty you're still fun to play with

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

SilentW posted:

even though you get really salty you're still fun to play with

Agreed.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I miss playing COD with COD bros. I play Destiny with COD goons, but it just isn't the same. :(

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Mill Village posted:

I miss playing COD with COD bros. I play Destiny with COD goons, but it just isn't the same. :(

I do to, it's always a drat good time. Here's hoping this DLister actually gets into a party or two.

Biggest problem is I just don't have the time to play like I used to.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The shittier the MP gets, the less I bitch though, because the game isn't worth getting mad about the netcode over. :sigh:

I still don't want it, but outside of the next Mirror's Edge and Battlefront, there's nothing else I'm interested in for the next three months, so sign me up I guess.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All relics all the time.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

The shittier the MP gets, the less I bitch though, because the game isn't worth getting mad about the netcode over. :sigh:

I still don't want it, but outside of the next Mirror's Edge and Battlefront, there's nothing else I'm interested in for the next three months, so sign me up I guess.

I have to buy the expensive edition with the DLC. My friend hasn't played COD in 5 years and he bought the Juggernog Edition.

On the plus side, I'll actually be able to play the DLC for once.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I missed playing shootymans with you guys.

Black Ops 2 is still my most favorite multiplayer experience on the 360. I didn't play much of Ghosts or AW due to feeling burned out but after two years I'm ready to play again.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
someone post the levels of good chart

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Mister Macys posted:

It's like... I WANT to get excited about battlefront cause motherfuckingstarwarswoo but everything I've seen from that game thus far looks boring as gently caress. :sigh:

Miss u guuuurl :canada:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I still can't find a single link to the new groups feature online, so I've spammed everyone on my friends list. Pass it on, I guess.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Duke Chin posted:

It's like... I WANT to get excited about battlefront cause motherfuckingstarwarswoo but everything I've seen from that game thus far looks boring as gently caress. :sigh:

Miss u guuuurl :canada:

There's a Battlefront beta coming next week, should hopefully let you know if you should pick it up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

there's nothing else I'm interested in for the next three months

XCOM 2, fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I never played the originals (no PC) or the new remake. It has no significance for me. Sorry, eh?

And the last SRPGs I ever played to completion were FF Tactics and Front Mission 3. :corsair:

• Locked thread