Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

What is the make of the terrain?

I was going to ask the same question. That ruined tower is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Looks like Hirst Arts' ruined tower with corkboard for the floors.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
The snow covered stuff is just GF9's Battlefield in a Box. On the table it's mostly the same, but with some old and new GW terrain mixed in.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I have boxes and boxes of Bones stuff so I'm really trying to hold off getting anything from the new stuff apart from the actual book. Considering we haven't even played a game yet I think I should be smart and just hang fire...but I do have a Garden of Morr sent on the way, so woohoo! I need to find a base large enough to hold my Pegasus Gothic Cathedral, it's another building that is easily multi-use for Frostgrave, D&D and even 40K.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
I made shiny treasure!! Really chuffed with it.

from my kits, and the NS tokens, all available here http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-accessories-terrain/

Also wanted to give my buddy Fenris Games a shout out, as he's started making some Frostgrave terrain, is lovely, and is also one of us one person businesses that spend way too much time in big tin buildings. He hasn't got it on the site yet, but worth keeping an eye on the Facebook for developments, he casts it all in house so I doubt it will be long til release.
https://www.facebook.com/FenrisGames?fref=ts

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Those are looking really neat! I may have to keep those in mind when I eventually get around to making my own treasure tokens...

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Yeah, the glitter and plastic gems look surprisingly good. I'll be throwing some money your way come next month. When will you have the cursed treasure tokens in stock again?

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!

Throbbing blob posted:

Yeah, the glitter and plastic gems look surprisingly good. I'll be throwing some money your way come next month. When will you have the cursed treasure tokens in stock again?

Cheers Throbbing blob. They should be coming any day now, I've been taking pre orders (just go through the site as normal) so people can stake a claim, but I did get a pretty wild amount of the cursed treasure. Saying that it has already been heaviliy dented, I'm taking to to Derby Worlds this weekend and I forsee whatever is left being pillaged there. I'll obviously be putting in another order, hopefully next week (I'm going to Crisis in Belgium on 7th November with a huge stall and trying to gather all the stock I can for that!) but you can always send me an email and I'll put some aside for when you're ready no problem.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

5 days to go on the Nickstarter, doesn't look like it's going to meet its first Spend Goal. Which is fine for me as I could take or leave the metal fig (I'd rather have the extra soldier sprue), but is this normal? The way the goals were structured it looks like they were expecting a bigger turnout.

EDIT: Seconding Fenris Games as good, btw. Got some resin sci-fi containers off them ages ago to use as Infinity tokens.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

5 days to go on the Nickstarter, doesn't look like it's going to meet its first Spend Goal. Which is fine for me as I could take or leave the metal fig (I'd rather have the extra soldier sprue), but is this normal? The way the goals were structured it looks like they were expecting a bigger turnout.

I had no idea the window was going to be so narrow. I'll have yo skip it then. Seems like you'd want to run it for at least full pay cycle.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

EDIT: Seconding Fenris Games as good, btw. Got some resin sci-fi containers off them ages ago to use as Infinity tokens.

You're like a month off, unless I missed October in a drunken haze.

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007

I just looked on their site and it says the nickstarter ends november 2nd, not october! So 5 days and a month left. :)

e: beaten!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

enrious posted:

You're like a month off, unless I missed October in a drunken haze.

Nope, I'm just an idiot! :suicide:

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Calm down!

The Nickstarter total isn't live like Kickstarter. They update it manually. So updating after each sale would be an endless job, they've been away at the weekend having lives and things, and will be updating shortly! There's also all the smaller totals from us retailers to add on too. Have no fear, the targets will get smashed!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Yeah, if you check the HTML you can see the number is just physically typed in every now and then. And the $5700ish figure is from, like, Friday noon EST. There's a nonzero chance he's holding off because it's about to pass Goal #2 or #3 and he wants to reveal multiple milestones at once.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I wasn't panicing, I was just confused about dates, and keen for the campaign to do well!

Also didn't know the total was a manual thing, just assumed it was an automatic total. Probably going to add some spell cards after payday.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A post on the Facebook group reminded me:

:siren: DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO ZUZZY MINIATURUES :siren:

They make a cobblestone textured mat that you might think "huh that would be good for Frostgrave." Only you will give them money, and get a whole lot of nothing.

I ordered one year ago this October, with some trepidation as every story at that point was "they will take a few months to ship, but it's good. I was willing to wait that long, but it turns out that was the point they basically kept taking money and stopped shipping product.

A few months in I sent a message and got a personal reply assuring me everything was proceeding slowly but surely. In light of everything, I realize now this was just to push me past the window where I had any recourse through Paypal to get my 75 bucks back.

I have sent numerous requests for status updates, a refund, anything and they have refused to reply. They have not sent out so much as a mass form letter to individuals who ordered. The lack of product, refund, or even basic communication for a year makes it clear they are not operating in good faith at this point. Whatever they were in the past they are essentially conducting mail fraud at this point.

:siren: DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO ZUZZY MINIATURUES :siren:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I have brought this up before when people talk about Zuzzy miniatures, but selling goods over the internet and then failing to provide them isn't just lovely, it is a violation of FTC regulations. You can't just take an order from someone for something and then sit on it and spin for your whole life, you have a legal duty to either deliver or refund the order. This scam is ancient, it used to be done with mail catalogues, so it is not some wild west area of law.

Go ahead and read this, then go ahead and contact the FTC to submit a complaint. Then share this information with everyone else you might know who got burned the same way. I can't pretend that you're going to get your money back, because they probably don't have it, but if people complain the dudes ripping people off may at least get what's coming.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Thanks for the link. I'm cheesed enough to do it and encourage anyone else scammed thusly to do it.

Now I just need to research where James Hubbs, DBA Zuzzy Miniatures is operating out of since I assume I should be filing the complaint in his state and not mine.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

The Ristul's treasure and scatter is back in stock!

I heavily recommend getting as soon as. I'll be taking it all to Derby Worlds (trade show) this weekend and I'm hoping/expecting the people will generally frenzy all over it. The pre orders alone have already knocked the bonfires down to the last one. I'll obviously be reordering but not sure how soon, funds are so tight and I need to order tonnes at once to make it worthwhile.

Hopefully see some faces at Derby, it's a good show!

Ooh and I've ordered some Fenris things too to add to the shop, so that'll be on the site from next week and in person at the weekend.

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-accessories-terrain/

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

I'm very interested to see the Fenris stuff. I just unloaded my Witchfate Tor kit for a tidy profit, so I have some terrain money burning a hole in my pocket.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

moths posted:

You guys have started to finish painting warbands, and I'd like to put a forums gallery into the OP. If you want in, just post a single group photo with WARBAND COMPLETE and I'll edit it in there!

e: I'll link it to your post if you want to put up a more detailed mini-gallery, close-ups, wizard profiles, etc.

No one paid attention to this so I'll get the ball rolling WARBAND COMPLETE

Get out there and snap some shots of your filthy scavengers, son :justpost:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My Thaumaturgists are rather poo poo having been speed painted to hit the table the next day.

I'm not sure if I'm going to paint my Summoners or Soothsayers next but they will be worth showing off, I hope.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Had my first game yesterday and had a lot of fun! My wizard survived an encounter with a bear with 1 HP left thanks to Familiar and spent his last order Leaping a treasure-carrying thief of the board. Can't wait to have my next game and start to play the campaign for real.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
What size table are Frostgrave games usually played on? Are PDF copies of the book available?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Gravy Train Robber posted:

What size table are Frostgrave games usually played on? Are PDF copies of the book available?

3X3 or 4X4 typically. Having played on 4X4 I'd only recommend it for multiplayer based on my 2-player experience, next time I get a chance to play with my usual partner I'm going to try 3X3 and see how that works.

It's available in epub and pdf.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Or 2x2, but this is not a good idea if anyone has Leap.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I am really having to fight the urge to suddenly order the Bones graveyard terrain even though it won't arrive for another year, and back the Nickstarter thing. I have no one to play with (yet), and I haven't painted in years and currently possess no painting or modeling supplies.

If I get the Nickstarter at level 3 for the cultist box (+5 Soldiers) and add a Soldier box, would that be enough for 2 warbands? Any good recommendations for Necromancer or Witch models? Are there special rules for Skeletons or could I model the Necromancer's warband in various states of decay/skellington-ness?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's 45 soldiers so that's enough for 4 non-WYSISYG warbands, or at least 2 WYSIWYG warbands. Skeletons are generally encounters, but you can easily make a skeleton warband if you paint them differently of something.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

2 boxes will be PLENTY of dudes to make soldiers for two warbands, with plenty of options to swap and upgrade and poo poo. That's 40 mans, and a warband is 10-12 models tops.

You may want some war dogs and models to represent heavy armor (knight/templar/marksman, though that depends how fussed you are with WYSIWYG, you can always say the mail is under their clothes). You'll also want something to rep any summoned or companion animals/familliars/etc if you go that route, but Reaper Bones has your back if you're on a budget on all the above.

If anyone cares that you make some of your necromancer's guys skellingtons, they're being a Real Poop. I'd only care if it made it hard to tell guys apart.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
My band I posted above is exactly that: a necro with skelly grunts. Mantic sells a couple versions of ten-man skeleton warrior sprues for like ten bucks and the casters, archers, and giant rat I use as my warhound are all Reaper Bones. Total warband was around twenty bucks with six other skeletons to use as mission monsters. I just painted them differently to tell them apart.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
UK folks: just ordered this Christmas village pebble Mat http://www.millracegardencentre.co.uk/pebble-display-mat-l.html

2 make a 3x3 mat and from the pictures I've seen it paints up pretty nicely.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

UK folks: just ordered this Christmas village pebble Mat http://www.millracegardencentre.co.uk/pebble-display-mat-l.html

2 make a 3x3 mat and from the pictures I've seen it paints up pretty nicely.

I grabbed these at Michael's on sale for $18 with a 25% off your entire purchase coupon and I am actually debating taking them back. They are OK, but for essentially $5 more I can get a 4 foot by 8 foot vinyl banner with full color printing that I can cut in half for 2 4x4 play mats from http://www.bannersonthecheap.com/

I'm still waffling, but I'm not terribly inclined to keep the cobble stone. Though that may just be me.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Hm, on second thought yeah 45 models seems a bit overkill. I was thinking of picking up the PDF, but I figure if I am going to do the Nickstarter I may as well add in a physical copy of the rulebook. I'm kind of intrigued by the Witch/Animal companions. What sort of warband do they lean towards? I like the idea of picking up some wolves/bears/etc. and having them be part of the warband, but I haven't looked through the rules yet- just watching battle reports on youtube/reading about things on forums.

Necromancer and Witch seem like the two I want to try and build, mostly because its Halloween and thats the mood I'm in. I don't like the official Witch model, and was thinking of picking up the Feiya/Pathfinder Witch model, but am still trying to find some good alternatives/apprentices that feel more "traditional witch and/or druidy".

Has there been any discussion about how the Lich Wizard in the expansion works? Is it another school/type of wizard you can start as? From reading the description it sounds like you have to both find the spell (in the campaign?), cast it, and then become a Lich Wizard. The models look pretty nice though, and could probably do double duty as Necromancers.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I grabbed these at Michael's on sale for $18 with a 25% off your entire purchase coupon and I am actually debating taking them back. They are OK, but for essentially $5 more I can get a 4 foot by 8 foot vinyl banner with full color printing that I can cut in half for 2 4x4 play mats from http://www.bannersonthecheap.com/

I'm still waffling, but I'm not terribly inclined to keep the cobble stone. Though that may just be me.

Is there a good place for patterns for this sort of thing? I kinda messed around with the clip art they have but it wasn't very satisfying.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Going to play FG today. The first game of our 4 player campaign. so stoked. pity my grinning double-crossbow skeleman didn't make it in the mail, so I'll have to proxy something.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Throbbing blob posted:

grinning double-crossbow skeleman

...details!

Pictures!

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Loxbourne posted:

...details!

Pictures!

It's this guy: http://www.miniature-giant.com/skeleton-with-2-crossbows-oop-Reaper-Dark-Heaven-Legends-DHL-sku-2210-pr-230.html

I love him. He's certainly an old sculpt but drat it he's just so enthusiastic about his two crossbows!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Whats the best way to model snow?

I think before I've done baking soda and glue and it was alright, but I'm wondering if there are any recommendations for snow material kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Whats the best way to model snow?

I think before I've done baking soda and glue and it was alright, but I'm wondering if there are any recommendations for snow material kits

For individual model basing, Secret Weapon crushed glass and water effect.

For terrain PA glue and woodland scenic light flake.