Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
If nothing else, people should make 2 characters and get them out of the starting ship tutorial so that when the merges happen you have 4 slots instead of 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

If nothing else, people should make 2 characters and get them out of the starting ship tutorial so that when the merges happen you have 4 slots instead of 2.

You can skip the starter ships by picking wildstar veteran in character creation.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Oh, hah, there's a bug with the level 25 dungeon making a boss unbeatable since the things you need to kill to move don't spawn.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

PSA: The PvP server will be completely dead once the queues for the PvE server are gone.

LOL if you think I'm gonna play it that long..

Clarste posted:

Oh, hah, there's a bug with the level 25 dungeon making a boss unbeatable since the things you need to kill to move don't spawn.

Heh if you think that's a bug, cupcake.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 2, 2015

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
poo poo I completely forgot about trigger fingers AMP. What it did was make it so every single time you cast your "auto-attack equivalent" it'd reduce ALL your cooldowns by .5s. All of them. Yeah obviously every single spellslinger was going to need this amp, so obviously it was the rarest loving thing in existence. It was a mega rare drop from picking some particular reward satchel from completing challenges, so you could loop around Malgrave doing challenges nonstop and filling your inventory with these loving satchels and get a bunch of useless poo poo for your effort. Supposedly it could drop anyway, I sure as poo poo never saw it until they did something to drastically increase the drop rate and the price plummeted to something reasonable in like a day.

Then they changed the cooldown reduction so it affected damage abilities differently from utility abilities and broke the UI display for your utility cooldowns completely and that was pretty much when I gave up on this game.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Presented without comment: https://twitter.com/CRB_Buiden

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I played for awhile with no issues on the second pve server, turned it off for like 10 minutes, then tried to log in with a new character and I just keep getting kicked back to character select after I made him. This will be my third character without paying them anything so maybe they caught on and put in a terrible "fix"?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Is the engineer roll dps build still viable I may log back into my character who I named after a famous missing child

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That's happening to almost everyone apparently. The game doesn't recognize something about your character (an armor piece, a bag, etc.) and then it boots you back to the menu because it can't load you in lol

this is a different bug than the one that wouldn't let you make a character in the first place

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

On the PVP server queues are popping within 2 minutes in the first 3 brackets so far. I've basically levelled via PVP alone. It's the only thing I "play" in this game. :shobon: If you're on the PVE server you deserve the scrublord carebears ;)

How do you queue for pvp? edit: figured that out. Is there a way to quick swap between skill sets or whatever they're called?

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 3, 2015

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Anoia posted:

Presented without comment: https://twitter.com/CRB_Buiden

That man has the haircut of a white supremacist spree shooter specializing in churches.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I do feel sorry for anyone who was legit paying for the game prior to the F2P transition. The thing has been completely unplayable since Tuesday. I was able to play for maybe 30 minutes or so today before the current character login screen endless loop.

Hard for anyone to get enthusiastic with weird issues like these.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Their solution for the character select kick loop is... set your graphics to ultra low and then log in.

This loving game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anoia posted:

Their solution for the character select kick loop is... set your graphics to ultra low and then log in.

This loving game.

lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'm level 15, and wondering (POSSIBLE SPOILER) who is the Wildstar?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
All I can think is: what kind of poo poo do people do with an asset that can cause this? Graphics settings causing login issues? Jesus.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 3, 2015

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

I'm level 15, and wondering (POSSIBLE SPOILER) who is the Wildstar?

It's you, you are the wildstar

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

LoG posted:

It's you, you are the wildstar

Sweet, I can get behind that.

Also, why does the game yell at me when I level up?

Ah as I feared

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 3, 2015

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
memes

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

This loving game.

A fun game to play is count how many times their twitter feed mentions servers and looking into. Do a shot for each word or word pair. I'll see you next week.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Even if I manage to log into the game, I get booted once I change zones. I assume the ultra-low graphics fix has to do with some kind of weird inactivity timeout they implemented to help keep the servers clear during this...the high-effort relaunch.

I just want to reiterate a sometimes-made point for this thread: this game had a germ of fun in it. These godawful technical issues and the grognardy devs who treated the playerbase with open contempt ruined it. That and the clueless implementation of endgame.

So many missed opportunities...but such is the landscape of MMOS.

Edit: Tried ultra-low settings but that doesn't work for me. Spam-logging the server eventually paid off but each log in requires about 3 minutes of loading during which I get massive resource spikes which slow down whatever else I might be trying to do. Not worth it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Gameko posted:

Even if I manage to log into the game, I get booted once I change zones. I assume the ultra-low graphics fix has to do with some kind of weird inactivity timeout they implemented to help keep the servers clear during this...the high-effort relaunch.

I just want to reiterate a sometimes-made point for this thread: this game had a germ of fun in it. These godawful technical issues and the grognardy devs who treated the playerbase with open contempt ruined it. That and the clueless implementation of endgame.

So many missed opportunities...but such is the landscape of MMOS.

Edit: Tried ultra-low settings but that doesn't work for me. Spam-logging the server eventually paid off but each log in requires about 3 minutes of loading during which I get massive resource spikes which slow down whatever else I might be trying to do. Not worth it.

Yeah, changing the settings didn't work for me either.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why exactly are parts of the default UI/game listed as addons? It seems pointless to be able to disable the group finder. It's like the perfect way for an idiot newbie to gently caress their game up and has no positive use.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

A fun game to play is count how many times their twitter feed mentions servers and looking into. Do a shot for each word or word pair. I'll see you next week.

It is against the law to encourage suicide, I'll have you know.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Verranicus posted:

Why exactly are parts of the default UI/game listed as addons? It seems pointless to be able to disable the group finder. It's like the perfect way for an idiot newbie to gently caress their game up and has no positive use.

true story: I use to raid with a group of people in wildstar and I actually disabled the group ui because I was DPS and it boosted my fps by a significant amount.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My friend has been trying to log in since the f2p launch. I warned her, but alas. She finally gave up today and uninstalled after finally getting to play a few hours last night only to be greeted by the infinite login > char select bug today.

Almost a full week and people still can't log in lol.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

meanwhile I've been playing pso2, a game I am technically not allowed to play because I'm not in japan, and having zero issues.

lol wildstar

also I feel like star citizen is stealing carbine's thunder here, but I think that might be a good thing. at least wildstar exists.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I really wanted to try PSO2 but because I can't speak moon I didn't have the energy to get it all set up and fan translated etc.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

meanwhile I've been playing pso2, a game I am technically not allowed to play because I'm not in japan, and having zero issues.

lol wildstar

also I feel like star citizen is stealing carbine's thunder here, but I think that might be a good thing. at least wildstar exists.

I tried PSO2 a year or two ago but my PC then wasn't very good, I wouldn't mind trying it again. Has the translation gotten any better? Do you know of any guides to setting things up and such?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

Has the translation gotten any better?

Items can be translated now. There's a thread in Games on it, or just look at the guides on Bumped.org.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So I ended up never uninstalling this game because I am apparently super stupid and lazy. When I go to the (laughably small) realm list, the realm still shows me as having two characters, and even displays the name of the last character I played. But when I go onto the server proper, the character select screen shows me as having no characters. :allears: (these were characters made after the server merge/name changes, so it's not because of that).

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Don't worry guys they are still looking into the server login issues.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Rasmussen posted:

I really wanted to try PSO2 but because I can't speak moon I didn't have the energy to get it all set up and fan translated etc.

The same here. Which is a shame, Phantasy Star is one of the rare things which would motivate me to try a MMO.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Libluini posted:

The same here. Which is a shame, Phantasy Star is one of the rare things which would motivate me to try a MMO.

google PSO2 tweaker. It will install and update all of the english patches for you

The english patch is pretty complete for the older content, newer stuff you can go dig up translations if you like for the story, but items tend to be translated quickly. You may sometimes forget you're not playing a game in english, it's pretty good.

also you can be just painfully anime

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 3, 2015

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744367&userid=184879

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

also you can be just painfully anime

Those are the Sony cats on his back. You put them on your feet and kick poo poo with them and also use them to cast magic.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Greetings Arthil, the Carbine employee who's not our beloved Cyster.

Or the sad rabid fan caught in the grips of sunk cost fallacy right here in our midst. Whichever.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
*Golfclaps* I like many parts of the game and would like it to succeed with F2P instead of fail, that doesn't make me a shill. Grow up guys.

I mean hell if they can get the servers to stop making GBS threads themselves it's honestly one of the better F2P options available. My experience with SWTOR was horrible, what else is there? Rift?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Incredible, now the PSO2 goons are coming here to poo poo. Congratulations, Wildstar Thread, you're the toilet of the MMO HMO.

Arthil posted:

*Golfclaps* I like many parts of the game and would like it to succeed with F2P instead of fail, that doesn't make me a shill. Grow up guys.

I mean hell if they can get the servers to stop making GBS threads themselves it's honestly one of the better F2P options available. My experience with SWTOR was horrible, what else is there? Rift?

For your own good, stop now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

LordSaturn posted:

Congratulations, Wildstar Thread, you're the toilet of the MMO HMO.

So what else is new?

• Locked thread