Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?

Krakatoah posted:

I'm quite curious about this Darkscape thing, just how many people in this thread are playing it?

We started a clan today and regularly have 4-7 players on at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This is what I imagine getting a kill on darkscape is like.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
It's a lot like that, but with running immediately after. Because after each kill I've gotten, I've been chased by their clanmates to the ends of the earth

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Losing my nox staff has completely killed my motivation to play, guess I'm in 'do ports then logout' mode for the foreseeable future.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Read posted:

Losing my nox staff has completely killed my motivation to play, guess I'm in 'do ports then logout' mode for the foreseeable future.

How the gently caress did you do that

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Lag + Wildy.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Hey guys, BXP weekend has started as of 7AM EST this morning. If anyone has time, try and put some time in at the citadel - xp is doubled there as well, and we're a bit short of upkeep with tons of materials available for smithing and what-not.

As far as suggestions for what to do - Runespan's always a good idea, because Runecrafting sucks with normal xp. Aim for quest goals if you're lower-leveled. If you're around 90 Thief, finish up the 99 in a few hours at the elf city.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi friends

like a battered spouse i always come crawling back to runescape because im a huge idiot that loves this game even if i get distracted by other games

i'm at work and can't access the site right now, what major changes have happened since the death of guthix (which was when i last played iirc)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Any skills you have stockpiled lots of BEXP for are also a good idea to train right now. I plan on doing mostly agility to use up this massive amount from Barb rear end I have.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Rafzakael posted:

hi friends

like a battered spouse i always come crawling back to runescape because im a huge idiot that loves this game even if i get distracted by other games

i'm at work and can't access the site right now, what major changes have happened since the death of guthix (which was when i last played iirc)

gods have been fighting, gods are dead new quests, nothing interesting happens

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Hey, so the mumble server we currently use for Goonscape isn't working anymore, so I requested Camping the Stairs mumble admins to add a Runescape channel.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 is the thread for the information.

edit: "You may give this info out to friends and group members but please do not post it publicly. That includes threads in Games, link to this thread instead of posting the info directly"

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
list of pouch swap amounts for flipping shenanigans:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_pouches

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Spergminer posted:

gods have been fighting, gods are dead new quests, nothing interesting happens

so thats it?

i thought a new skill or something cool would have come out, new bosses etc

like, is nex still the strongest dude in the game? any major changes to wilderness/clan citadels/anything?

even the wiki is blocked for me so i can't find anything out until like seven hours from now and its killing me

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Rafzakael posted:

so thats it?

i thought a new skill or something cool would have come out, new bosses etc

like, is nex still the strongest dude in the game? any major changes to wilderness/clan citadels/anything?

even the wiki is blocked for me so i can't find anything out until like seven hours from now and its killing me

there's like 5 stronger bosses now and raids on the remains of tuska, no new skills because they're working on elite skills concept

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ughhh I forgot my JAG answer, guess I'm waiting for support to get back to me

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
A Friend pking with t70 blisterwood weapons in DarkScape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNZ32sDsni8

Benefits of Blisterwood:
-Weapons are made from 1 blisterwood log (free)
-Upon death weapons are dropped to the ground and only the owner can see them (quest item)
-Second strongest tier in the game
-Ability to switch combat styles without people noticing (shown in A Friend's video)

These weapons are so overpowered that they basically break the game. Jagex is going to change them dramatically, but for now people can stock up on as many sets as they want.

Too bad none of us are even close to the quest reqs to get them.

Branches of Darkmeyer Reqs
Legacy of Seergaze (Prequel)
Legend's Quest (108 Quest Point Req)
76 Woodcutting
70 Fletching
70 Magic
67 Slayer
64 Crafting
63 Farming
63 Agility
70 Attack + Ranged to use all three combat styles

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Dr. Mix posted:

A Friend pking with t70 blisterwood weapons in DarkScape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNZ32sDsni8

Benefits of Blisterwood:
-Weapons are made from 1 blisterwood log (free)
-Upon death weapons are dropped to the ground and only the owner can see them (quest item)
-Second strongest tier in the game
-Ability to switch combat styles without people noticing (shown in A Friend's video)

These weapons are so overpowered that they basically break the game. Jagex is going to change them dramatically, but for now people can stock up on as many sets as they want.

Too bad none of us are even close to the quest reqs to get them.

Branches of Darkmeyer Reqs
Legacy of Seergaze (Prequel)
Legend's Quest (108 Quest Point Req)
76 Woodcutting
70 Fletching
70 Magic
67 Slayer
64 Crafting
63 Farming
63 Agility
70 Attack + Ranged to use all three combat styles

I love he managed to kill someone while he'd lost connection to server.

Oh old school combat, never change. :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

How Rude posted:

Hey, so the mumble server we currently use for Goonscape isn't working anymore, so I requested Camping the Stairs mumble admins to add a Runescape channel.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 is the thread for the information.

edit: "You may give this info out to friends and group members but please do not post it publicly. That includes threads in Games, link to this thread instead of posting the info directly"

the Runescape channel has now been added. all are welcome to join and chat with goons

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
so while i wait for them to unlock my account, i decided to roll a new character and see whats up

the new starting quest path series is really interesting and cool, and i like how updated everything feels

which makes waiting for support to get back to me extra painful :(

e: finally got through

yeeeee

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2015

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Top 10 EXP gainers in the clan during DXP weekend. (Click here to see the rest of the clan)

And for the Darkscapers, some really interesting changes being proposed by the devs here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RSDarkscape/comments/3mv359/give_us_feedback_potential_big_changes_to/

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Read posted:

Top 10 EXP gainers in the clan during DXP weekend. (Click here to see the rest of the clan)

Really, 5th place? I'm not sure whether to be thankful that I didn't place higher or ashamed that I placed so high :smith:

Also take those figures with a grain of salt, Runeclan has been making GBS threads the bed all weekend with database errors and the like so there is the possibility it messed up a couple of things?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Just missed it at 12!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

Really, 5th place? I'm not sure whether to be thankful that I didn't place higher or ashamed that I placed so high :smith:

Also take those figures with a grain of salt, Runeclan has been making GBS threads the bed all weekend with database errors and the like so there is the possibility it messed up a couple of things?

More than likely it was just suffering from increased load crashing the database server, I doubt the data was actually compromised.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Bah. I only really got to play on Friday and some of Sunday. People kept coming over to my place to play monster hunter. :argh:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Read posted:

More than likely it was just suffering from increased load crashing the database server, I doubt the data was actually compromised.

Nah its saying i gained nothing over the weekend when i went from 78-94 prayer and a couple other things. I should be like 6 or 7 in the rankings right now.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Nah its saying i gained nothing over the weekend when i went from 78-94 prayer and a couple other things. I should be like 6 or 7 in the rankings right now.

Oh huh, that's too bad then. Dunno if any other sites track clans like this.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
eh, its not a big deal at all. im happy about the levels.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
It looks like it's just the Double XP Weekend bit is messed up. If you change it to Custom and do September 25 - 28, you show up as rank 6:

Nerd.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

It looks like it's just the Double XP Weekend bit is messed up. If you change it to Custom and do September 25 - 28, you show up as rank 6:

Nerd.

I am proud of how full my sock is because of this weekend

I went 90-94 smithing and 94-98 agility due to it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is PvP in darkscape one on one or multiway or does it change depending on the area?

I'm guessing it's 1v1 in the towns, if it's not, I'd totally make an account and get like 30 Ranged to go suicide gank people with goons with lovely bows and no armor and just trying to spray enough arrows at people with nice things to kill them before the guards murder us

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 30, 2015

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

It's multi everywhere, but it's weird. AFAIK you can stack anyone who's skulled, but can only single combat someone who's unskulled. It might be different in the other regions of the game I haven't really done any PKing.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Magres posted:

Is PvP in darkscape one on one or multiway or does it change depending on the area?

I'm guessing it's 1v1 in the towns, if it's not, I'd totally make an account and get like 30 Ranged to go suicide gank people with goons with lovely bows and no armor and just trying to spray enough arrows at people with nice things to kill them before the guards murder us

It's largely all multi but getting skulled in 90% of low risk (ie lumby, draynor, taverly, falador, etc) is a bad idea because its really easy to run into a guard and get killed and there's also a wilderness style level cap that goes all the way up to 20 in burthroupe so you really can kill anyone you see.

Medium risk isn't as bad, there are considerably less people than low risk but there is also no level cap and you can attack anyone you see, guards are only in towns to so losing your skull is fairly easy.

Truthfully there's not much of a difference between medium and high risk, nearly all of the high level resources got moved to the wilderness (yew-elder trees, sharks and other high level fish) but the few times I've been there I've only encountered a few people most of whom were pretty nice.

I got a few people together last night with t60 staves and camped out at the barrows chest killing people after they looted so theres definitely some fun to be had on darkscape.

On the flip-side though quests that were bad before are significantly worse on darkscape because of the transportation restrictions, spirit trees require tree roots to use, fairy rings require mort myre fungi, charter ships cost 40-120k to use per trip, using the gnome glider costs 2 teak planks and a silk.

Monkey Madness because of all of this is horrible, you cant teleport off the island and you almost always have more than 3 items on you so you cant just suicide, you have to walk off the island which for a significant part of the quest is literally impossible, i started it last night and i fully expect it to take most of today if not also part of tomorrow.

Edit: For Monkey Madness you cant even get to crash island without paying the glider fee (2 planks 2 cloth) so holy gently caress is this quest literally the worst....

allta fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 1, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

So close to 100% ports stuff.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:siren: RUNEFEST IS LIVE :siren:

http://www.twitch.tv/runescape

So far the only interesting thing is Dungeoneering in Darkscape will feature a Dark Souls-like invasion mechanic to keep it high risk.

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 3, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Showing off the new NXT client + features, still no release date but beta confirmed

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

oh god

oh god

it's been a year why didn't anybody tell them about hearthstone yet???

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 3, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

really hyped for "bad, unbalanced hearthstone"

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Hey AMIGO here is my timecard for the week, I am not sure I will catch you online before reset tonight! thanks! -Psilocybe

Purple Rain Man fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Same.