Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
If you get terminal cancer, the obvious answer is Dreadnought Armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Colonial Air Force posted:

If you get terminal cancer, the obvious answer is Dreadnought Armor.
EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COSPLAY
/

______

:3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lord Awkward posted:

EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COSPLAY
/

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/494831.page?userfilterid=67452

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

1) Correct use of the dutch angle :toot:

2) This owns

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Well holy poo poo. Goddamn.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's not cute! That Space Marine is about to put a Bolter Shell in Minnie Mouse because of awful trigger discipline! :ohdear:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He must be really strong to be able to wear full Power Armor without the Black Carapace.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not cute! That Space Marine is about to put a Bolter Shell in Minnie Mouse because of awful trigger discipline! :ohdear:

PURGE THE MUTANT MOUSE

CANDY FOR THE CANDY GOD

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

PURGE THE MUTANT MOUSE

CANDY FOR THE CANDY GOD

Not even a very good Ultramarine. There is a witch right behind him.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Trast posted:

Not even a very good Ultramarine. There is a witch right behind him.

oh god drat. :golfclap:
:lol:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Pretty awesome Kingdom Come costumes. No idea why Supes is doing some weird turtle neck thing though?

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
That's just what his neck looks like.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Most likely, I know the Capable in the first row, most left.

She and I are from Detroit and will definitely be at that Fury Road to Thunderdome event. I'll probably be dressed like a Fallout carpet bagger.

Due to personal reasons, I'll not be going with the warboy I thought I would (I'm going to be trying to get another date). I am going to try to be somewhat in costume though. Still debating a few details. I want to this week see if I can find some athletic pads at like a thrift shop or something ie dirt cheap. And I'm still debating doing something extreme with my hair. I may or may not. I'm thinking a modified Wez maybe.

Part of the problem (and always with the thread envy from me) is that I have like, NO crafting skills whatsoever.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Choco1980 posted:

I want to this week see if I can find some athletic pads at like a thrift shop or something ie dirt cheap.

You can get athletic pads on eBay pretty cheaply

I cannot wait to see this costume of yours.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I mean like football shoulder pads you dweeb. But it's probably not going to be all that fantastic. Like I said, no crafting skills.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

McPantserton posted:

Ayyy, I know that guy! I competed against him at C2E2 in 2014. He competes with his giant robots professionally, it's all he does.

How exactly does one make a living doing this professionally? I was not aware that there existed a professional giant robot competition circuit.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

The Locator posted:

How exactly does one make a living doing this professionally? I was not aware that there existed a professional giant robot competition circuit.

I don't know about a circuit, per se, but some opportunities do exist.

Cassius Belli has a new favorite as of 12:51 on Oct 4, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yond Cassius posted:

I don't know about a circuit, per se, but some opportunities do exist.

That usually doesn't end so well for the cosplay guy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Orunitier posted:

That's just what his neck looks like.

I've seen him in some other pics. It's odd, but it's like he's shoving his head forward for some reason. Neck surgery/fused vertebrae maybe?

Anyway, awesome costumes. Wish I could have found a pic showing off Wonder Woman a lil more.

Power Girl is damned near identical to the comic.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

The Locator posted:

He flies to stuff like c2e2 that has cash prizes but I get the impression his main source of income is contests at nightclubs in Vegas. He also has entered with more than one of his builds with a helper wearing a 2nd robot I believe. He said last year he won $25k over one week around Halloween in Vegas so I guess if you're strategic it could be done!

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

But then you have a higher chance of becoming an rear end in a top hat like that Iron Man guy who complained when he lost a costume contest to a child.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Reo posted:

But then you have a higher chance of becoming an rear end in a top hat like that Iron Man guy who complained when he lost a costume contest to a child.

The people whom take this poo poo deathly serious, are the first group of people that should be barred from participating.

McPantserton, weren't you the one that told us about how you were basically called a whore for beating someone in a contest?

I may be mixing up who was involved, but it was in this thread where it was told to us, that people will flat out accuse you of sleeping with judges, for a costume contest grand prize of 100$.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
There was that cosplay reality show a few years back. A bunch of people on that got accused of being out of town ringers that had people make their costumes for them.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

The people whom take this poo poo deathly serious, are the first group of people that should be barred from participating.

McPantserton, weren't you the one that told us about how you were basically called a whore for beating someone in a contest?

I may be mixing up who was involved, but it was in this thread where it was told to us, that people will flat out accuse you of sleeping with judges, for a costume contest grand prize of 100$.

That was my best friend! But yeah that was deffo my group. And also I agree, I am extremely disinterested in competing that way. I won some actual money in a contest this year (yayyyy! I actually came out positive on cosplay for 2015 and I have a novelty giant check in my house) and it was really nice but I already have a job, and treating cosplay as a job seems like a great way to make it not fun.

Reo posted:

I will refrain from commenting on Hulkbuster guy's overall temperament but let's just say yeah that is a VERY REAL possibility.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Oct 4, 2015

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

There was that cosplay reality show a few years back. A bunch of people on that got accused of being out of town ringers that had people make their costumes for them.

I gave the show a shot when it was new and one of the contestants was getting help from professional Hollywood special effects people.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

rodbeard posted:

I gave the show a shot when it was new and one of the contestants was getting help from professional Hollywood special effects people.

Were they his friends? 'cause that's perfectly fine.

e. Didn't wanna doublepost. Dutch angles are okay when they're indicating motion, right?

It's photoshopped, but darn gosh golly if it ain't pretty.

BattleCattle has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Oct 6, 2015

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah but Games Workshop doesn't have a reputation that makes me think they'd change in the 10+ years it'd take for 3D Printers to become a real problem despite knowing full well what it could eventually do to their business.

Word. Well I ain't gonna warn them. Once I get my resin machine to stop loving around I'm gonna master its' detail level and start selling miniatures :agesilaus: and only charge half price

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!
Has anyone combined Gadget and Kaylee for cosplay?

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Somewhere in Russia, this is being printed out and added to a creepy little shrine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lord Awkward posted:

Somewhere in Russia, this is being printed out and added to a creepy little shrine.

What you do on your own time is none of our concern.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

We have such sights to show you. But if you cheat us ... we'll tear your garden apart!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Tailraiser

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We have such sights to show you. But if you cheat us ... we'll tear your garden apart!

I love this SO much.

Also, my costume's pieces are all bought for saturday. It's going to be less "look like X Character in Mad Max" and more my own thing, but it'll be fun. My date is now scrambling to figure out what to wear too. But I'm sure it'll be a good time.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hairaiser
:cmon:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Legraiser :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
CenoBark

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Choco1980 posted:

I love this SO much.

Also, my costume's pieces are all bought for saturday. It's going to be less "look like X Character in Mad Max" and more my own thing, but it'll be fun. My date is now scrambling to figure out what to wear too. But I'm sure it'll be a good time.

A warboy couldn't be that hard?

• Locked thread