Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Plugged in Flacco to cover Brady's bye this week... ughhh

E: also have brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Contemplating dropping T.Williams for a handcuff or a gamble, my WR3 and RB2 slots are pretty rubbish.
Drop T.Will for: Brian Quick, DeAngelo Williams, Knile Davis, Rashad Jennings/Andre Williams, Doug Baldwin, ???

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Contemplating dropping T.Williams for a handcuff or a gamble, my WR3 and RB2 slots are pretty rubbish.
Drop T.Will for: Brian Quick, DeAngelo Williams, Knile Davis, Rashad Jennings/Andre Williams, Doug Baldwin, ???

All of those players are worthless garbage unless people get injured.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I keep looking for info on the WAS/PHI game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/02/washington-philadelphia-game-to-be-played-as-scheduled/

only concern is weather, not whether.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

DeepDickPizza posted:

Someone suggested Boris Chen's averaged ranks here in the past. I really enjoy those.

Those are fine too. They go beyond an average by showing tiers + std deviation to give a sense of how far apart players are within the rankings. I don't put too much stock in the extra info but it's neat to look at.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If I'm having trouble deciding who to start, I like to use Silva's Matchups on Rotoworld in conjunction with defense and offensive line rankings from other sites. If the guy isn't a stud, I like to use those factors in determining which match up is the best. Silva's Matchups articles are neat because he goes over possible match ups, targets/touches, and any other pertinent notes. He isn't always right but it helps narrow things down a bit.

e: also rotobot's .see_the_future powers helps too

I'm debating whether I want to sink my team with Matt Jones or Lamar Miller. London game or hurricane, I can't decide which one is worse.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 3, 2015

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Is C. Hyde for K. Allen a decent trade in 1PPR?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

dalstrs posted:

Is C. Hyde for K. Allen a decent trade in 1PPR?

Needs to see at least your roster to judge.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

SeannieDarko posted:

Needs to see at least your roster to judge.

WR: A. Brown, TY, AJ, Fitz, Allen, T Williams, Quick
RB: A shitshow (Morris, Crowell, Matthews, Duke Johnson)

Start 3WR and a Flex. I've been crushing teams so far with my wideouts, but I don't want to have one on the bench since it seems I have 5 that are almost must start status. I've put a ton of trades out, but most people have ignored them or sent back terrible counter-offers. This is the first counter that I am considering.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

I was going to post that there was supposed to be 40 MPH gusts, but weather.com changed the forecast literally in the last minute so that winds are supposed to be 10-20 mph.

I guess deploy Jordan Mathews/Reed as normal, for now. If you have Reed like me, there's probably no better option anyway.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dalstrs posted:

WR: A. Brown, TY, AJ, Fitz, Allen, T Williams, Quick
RB: A shitshow (Morris, Crowell, Matthews, Duke Johnson)

Start 3WR and a Flex. I've been crushing teams so far with my wideouts, but I don't want to have one on the bench since it seems I have 5 that are almost must start status. I've put a ton of trades out, but most people have ignored them or sent back terrible counter-offers. This is the first counter that I am considering.

If you have all those WR then someone has got to be weak, i think you can get more. Send more offers. Email them and text them to make sure they are seeing them, some people turn off the notification emails and then never have a clue.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
The Lynch owner is 0-3, I'm 3-0 and have Thomas Rawls and want to capitalise on the situation if possible - if Lynch sits the guy is screwed come Monday. A trade would get through in time as it just needs commissioner approval. But I'm not sure there's actually any value to be had - any suggestions?

I've got:

QB: Eli, Bradford
RB: Foster, Ivory, L Murray, M jones, Rawls
WR: Julio, Demaryius, Allen Robinson, John Brown
TE: Reed, Walker (I know rostering 2 is dumb but it's a 14 team league, Walker was an FA and way more valuable than anyone else on the wire)

The only players of any value which he has are Lynch, Stafford, Gio, Jimmy Graham, and Brandin Cooks. Can anyone suggest any reasonable trades, or should I just sit back and enjoy his possible doom on Monday? I was tempted to see if he'd trade Stafford for Bradford as while both are underperforming Stafford's schedule, after a few weeks, looks a bit easier.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

Cervixalot posted:

Gotta drop one for a kicker - 1 point PPR league, 10 teamer.

Woodhead
Chris Johnson
Stevie Johnson
Matt Jones

Leaning Woodhead, though Stevie might be in the mix as well, but my WR depth is pretty dubious. Thoughts?

Maybe I'm overvaluing SDs offense but they throw a lot and Keenan won't always get all those targets. I'm assuming your kicker is Gostkowski and I don't want to drop him either. I'm most likely going to play the Kicker BYE because I don't want to drop anyone on my bench (Dalton, Gio, Martavis Bryant, Decker, Rishard, Watkins). I have been tossing out a lot of 2/3 for 1 trades this week to upgrade but nobody trades in this league. DUMB

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Question about a trade. Dynasty, 1PPR, 6PT Passing TDs.

Team 1 gets Sam Bradford, Gio, 2016 1st Round Pick, 2017 2nd Round Pick, 2018 1st Round Pick
Team 2 gets Eddie Lacy and Sammy Watkins

Who wins and by how much? In a vacuum of course.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Question about a trade. Dynasty, 1PPR, 6PT Passing TDs.

Team 1 gets Sam Bradford, Gio, 2016 1st Round Pick, 2017 2nd Round Pick, 2018 1st Round Pick
Team 2 gets Eddie Lacy and Sammy Watkins

Who wins and by how much? In a vacuum of course.

Team 2 wins by a decent bit. I don't buy that Gio has supplanted Hill, so he's at best maybe worth a very late 1st. Because those picks are also a few years out, I'd probably hesitate to accept Gio, the 2016 1st, 2017 2nd, and 2018 1st for Lacy alone, though it's close. A 2018 1st just isn't doing much for me. So for me, Team 1 should be getting at least the difference between Bradford and Watkins straight up, which is about the full value of Watkins since Bradford hasn't shown himself to be worth much in a 1 QB league. Call it two 2016 1sts, at least.

I would also say that the time to buy low from any savvy Watkins owner has probably passed. Rex Ryan and Tyrod Taylor do not appear to be the fantasy poison for WRs that we might have expected.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

manwithoutskin posted:

Maybe I'm overvaluing SDs offense but they throw a lot and Keenan won't always get all those targets. I'm assuming your kicker is Gostkowski and I don't want to drop him either. I'm most likely going to play the Kicker BYE because I don't want to drop anyone on my bench (Dalton, Gio, Martavis Bryant, Decker, Rishard, Watkins). I have been tossing out a lot of 2/3 for 1 trades this week to upgrade but nobody trades in this league. DUMB
Nah it is actually the opposite problem. I dropped a kicker to snag Stevie, and need to drop someone to make room. I'm seriously considering rolling without a kicker, as my opponent is starting Edelman, ASJ currently (bye,injury) and in all likelihood won't switch out jn time.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ravens trade for Chris Givens, Steve Smith banged up and Campanaro is headed to the IR. With Perriman's return this season in doubt, looks like he could have an opportunity to make an impact.

I imagine he's worth an end of the roster pickup in redraft, not sure how much value he has in dynasty. Debating dropping Brandon Coleman for him in my dynasty league, but not sure if either is going to do much.

Edit: on second thought, Waller might be the pickup in dynasty. Path clear to him gaining a larger role and the dude is a SPARQ freak iirc

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 3, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Team 2 wins by a decent bit. I don't buy that Gio has supplanted Hill, so he's at best maybe worth a very late 1st. Because those picks are also a few years out, I'd probably hesitate to accept Gio, the 2016 1st, 2017 2nd, and 2018 1st for Lacy alone, though it's close. A 2018 1st just isn't doing much for me. So for me, Team 1 should be getting at least the difference between Bradford and Watkins straight up, which is about the full value of Watkins since Bradford hasn't shown himself to be worth much in a 1 QB league. Call it two 2016 1sts, at least.

I would also say that the time to buy low from any savvy Watkins owner has probably passed. Rex Ryan and Tyrod Taylor do not appear to be the fantasy poison for WRs that we might have expected.

Thanks a ton for this analysis.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Steve Smith Sr. Has 4 broken bones in his back. Yikes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Kamar Aiken is locked dammit.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

LmaoTheKid posted:

Oooof. on one hand, I love the ravens so nooooo, this is terrible.... On the other hand my opponent played him on Thursday so yayyy! I'm torn. :(

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Arian Foster is such a mixed bag of messages and opinions from the writers around the Internet.

I know he has ATL but does anyone really believe he's going to come back and tear it up week one? I could easily see an easing back into playing.

Worth starting over CJ2K?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ellington is supposed to be playing, probably, but not starting. I would stay away from both backfields until next week, but I don't own any of those guys so YMMV.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Arian Foster is such a mixed bag of messages and opinions from the writers around the Internet.

I know he has ATL but does anyone really believe he's going to come back and tear it up week one? I could easily see an easing back into playing.

If Foster plays, you start him. Super easily when your other option is CJ?K the week that Ellington is coming back and up against St. Louis D.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

LmaoTheKid posted:

Now the report is just four broken ribs, and he might play week 5

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Harold Cooplowski posted:

We have no idea about Foster, you really ought to wait until you've seen it for a week or better yet cash in on the hype that he's coming back and trade him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ok this is odd. A guy in my league who has been a known joke owner for like two years straight has been on fire so far. Like he took Brady really early before the repeal happened, his team is 2-1 only losing to my team so far, and his waiver wire additions have been on point.

What's odd is that about two hours ago he added Chris Givens and the Rotoworld blurb about the trade occurred thirty minutes ago. Now I'm sitting here thinking that this kid is either an idiot savant and connected the dots or he has an insider in the NFL.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Doltos posted:

Ok this is odd. A guy in my league who has been a known joke owner for like two years straight has been on fire so far. Like he took Brady really early before the repeal happened, his team is 2-1 only losing to my team so far, and his waiver wire additions have been on point.

What's odd is that about two hours ago he added Chris Givens and the Rotoworld blurb about the trade occurred thirty minutes ago. Now I'm sitting here thinking that this kid is either an idiot savant and connected the dots or he has an insider in the NFL.

You've been shark't! Did he recently suggest raising the fees?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Doltos posted:

You need to take this one all the way to the top, all the way to your league's commish!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Doltos posted:

Tefl-andre?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

timp posted:

You need to take this one all the way to the top, all the way to your league's commish!

I am the league commish and I'm considering hiring Batman.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Cervixalot posted:

Ravens trade for Chris Givens, Steve Smith banged up and Campanaro is headed to the IR. With Perriman's return this season in doubt, looks like he could have an opportunity to make an impact.

I imagine he's worth an end of the roster pickup in redraft, not sure how much value he has in dynasty. Debating dropping Brandon Coleman for him in my dynasty league, but not sure if either is going to do much.

Edit: on second thought, Waller might be the pickup in dynasty. Path clear to him gaining a larger role and the dude is a SPARQ freak iirc
Givens had 11 catches year on a Rams team that lost Brian Quick and was desperate for decent receivers. Not buying him to do anything of real note.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
My commissioner just traded Sam Bradford for Dorial Green-Beckham and as soon as the trade went through he dropped DGB for the Oakland defense.

The guy acquiring Bradford has Brady on bye and no backup, but he's also the league taco that doesn't really make any moves because he knows very little about football. It's a work league, so he's friends with the commish and almost certainly got talked into it (not that it 's a bad deal for him - just not something he ever would have come up with on his own). So what the hell is this? Commissioner needed to drop someone for a D but didn't want to drop Bradford and risk a rival picking him up, so he dumped him to the lovely team for nothing so that it wouldn't come back to potentially haunt him?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Gobias Ind. posted:

My commissioner just traded Sam Bradford for Dorial Green-Beckham and as soon as the trade went through he dropped DGB for the Oakland defense.

The guy acquiring Bradford has Brady on bye and no backup, but he's also the league taco that doesn't really make any moves because he knows very little about football. It's a work league, so he's friends with the commish and almost certainly got talked into it (not that it 's a bad deal for him - just not something he ever would have come up with on his own). So what the hell is this? Commissioner needed to drop someone for a D but didn't want to drop Bradford and risk a rival picking him up, so he dumped him to the lovely team for nothing so that it wouldn't come back to potentially haunt him?

That's pretty smart actually.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

BigFactory posted:

That's pretty smart actually.

It is also collusion.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gobias Ind. posted:

So what the hell is this? Commissioner needed to drop someone for a D but didn't want to drop Bradford and risk a rival picking him up, so he dumped him to the lovely team for nothing so that it wouldn't come back to potentially haunt him?

That actually makes sense. The other explanation is that your commissioner is also a taco and realized he hosed up after the trade and didn't think anyone would care about DGB that much.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
God help me I think I'm just going to say gently caress it and play Rawls instead of Jones or Miller. I've been flipping a coin all week long to decide which of those two assholes I want to get me 4 points, so I think instead I'll just go for the full gamble play and hope Lynch is out. In other words if you have Jones or Miller then play them because they're about to get 25 points each.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

It is also collusion.

I don't know, it's borderline. A guy with no QB might make a play for Bradford if he were on the wire, and this way he avoids losing out on waivers.

The guy trading Bradford would rather "trade" Bradford for whatever FA add he wants to make, than to just drop Bradford outright to make a claim.

If the team getting Bradford had just dropped DGB for the player the other guy just picked up, and then traded him to the original owner for Bradford, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I don't thinks it's something to get too worked up over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LmaoTheKid posted:

How much time is he going to miss? Should I dump him or stash him?

• Locked thread