Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you get to the point where you think episode names are major spoilers you have a broken brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The track names on the Star Wars Episode 1 soundtrack spoiled the ending for me. :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you guys are missing the fact that its kizumonogatari 1. are they gonna split it up in multiple parts?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

If you get to the point where you think episode names are major spoilers you have a broken brain.

Stay out of the tv subforum

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

you guys are missing the fact that its kizumonogatari 1. are they gonna split it up in multiple parts?

I hope so, unless it means we get like multiple hour-long movies instead of one big one.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

yea im pretty salty

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Davincie posted:

If the info is genuine (they supposedly removed it), the first movie is called Tekketsu-hen, and given the famous "tekketsu, reiketsu, nekketsu" description of Shinobu, it would perhaps be reasonable to assume it will be a trilogy of movies. Hopefully not spread over multiple years.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kizu part 1 8 January 2016 confirmed
http://www.toho.co.jp/theater/ve/kizumonogatari/

And the site has updated, though it's going slow.
http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/

The first ep of Owari was an hour long too, it seems. No idea if it will always be.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4kDrmq-I8

here's the first op. kinda middle of the road tbh. apparently next week has a new one already

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Kizumonogatari confirmed to be 3 parts. Wonder how long it will take for BDs to come out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aurain posted:

Kizu part 1 8 January 2016 confirmed
http://www.toho.co.jp/theater/ve/kizumonogatari/

And the site has updated, though it's going slow.
http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/

The first ep of Owari was an hour long too, it seems. No idea if it will always be.

Is part 1 feature length?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd imagine it's at least an hour but I don't think it says anywhere.

No one seems to have the video of the Kizu PV up yet but there's this screengrab compilation.

e: huh Kizu preview is here now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRdtWrE9bF8

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 3, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

darkgray posted:

Kizumonogatari confirmed to be 3 parts. Wonder how long it will take for BDs to come out.

Aurain posted:

Today is a good day.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

according to crunchyroll they aired the first two episodes today so the rest will only be 30 minutes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thats a super cool pv, i love shinbo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im going to marry shinbo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oishi Tatsuya is the art guy on Kizu and everyone on /a/ is hype as hell for that.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Aurain posted:

No one seems to have the video of the Kizu PV up yet but there's this screengrab compilation.

sick! thats DOPE!

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Aurain posted:

it looks soooo good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
That looks loving sweet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm Hanekawa's boobs, blowing in the wind

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

First ep was pretty sweet, but it must have been absolute hell to typeset. Not sure the enigma got developed enough in this shorter anime format, but hopefully it will still be enjoyable.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kosaki sotaru is doing the soundtrack again for kizu. he also did the first season, second season and of course haruhi

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

full staff credits

Original: Ishin Nishio "Kizumonogatari" (Kodansha BOX)

Total Director: Akiyuki Shinbo

Director: Oishi Tatsuya

Character Design: Akio Watanabe Morioka Hideyuki

Sound Director: Tsuruoka Yota

Music: Satoru Kōsaki

Animation Production: SHAFT

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aurain posted:

I cant believe its happening

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

#KIZUFINALLY

:pusheen:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
So I missed both the Tsuki- and Hana- specials. Were those important, or can I just watch them whenever?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HellCopter posted:

So I missed both the Tsuki- and Hana- specials. Were those important, or can I just watch them whenever?

Is there a reason NOT to watch them, right now?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Holy crap, I really hope the Kizu movies get screened internationally as well. I want to see SHAFT in a cinema so loving bad :tem: That PV looked really cool

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Owari spoilers/speculation. Anime-only, I have not read the LNs.
Tsukimonogatari was all about the fact that Araragi was inexorably becoming more and more like a vampire by using his vampire strength to heal after torture sessions with Nadeko. The theme of this segment was Araragi's powerless as a human, getting him to confront one of the dark moments of his past and how it affected him.

But which side is Ougi on?

Given how previous monogatari segments have worked, it's possible that Koyomi will go back to normal if he just repudiates the feelings that led to him seeking out vampirehood, like Hanekawa's repudiation of her hatred toward her parents, or Senjougahara's repudiation of her desire to lose her memories. Or at the very least, getting him past those feelings of powerlessness will allow him to give up his vampire powers with a free heart and allow him to remain just as corrupted as he is now.

Alternately, she might be trying to get him to feel his impotence all the more strongly, and get him to say "gently caress it, I can help people as a vamp, sort of, I can't do poo poo as a human".

Obviously, the fact that Ougi is Oshino's niece leads one to assume that she'd be in favor of helping people. But helping could just mean convincing him to leave his half-existence and make up his damned mind to go vamp already.

Should be interesting, even if I have no idea where it goes from here.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

HellCopter posted:

watch them now.

they're both good and tsuki especially seems important going forward

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kytrarewn posted:

But which side is Ougi on?

e^(iπ) + 1 = 0

Neither siding with the real or unreal; it's simply nothing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, as I'm watching the series to get to this point
if this was done by anyone but Shinbo(and to that extent, maybe Ikuhara or Enoki), would the series have been as popular? Like, I know it had a fairly big following as a novel but I think it really grew when it became an anime. So is this like Haruhi where it's the combination of visuals(and presentation) plus content that give it life, or would it be as popular even if were animated by, for example, Toei?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

if this was done by anyone but Shinbo(and to that extent, maybe Ikuhara or Enoki), would the series have been as popular? Like, I know it had a fairly big following as a novel but I think it really grew when it became an anime. So is this like Haruhi where it's the combination of visuals(and presentation) plus content that give it life, or would it be as popular even if were animated by, for example, Toei?

THIS popular? No, very unlikely. But the same author's Katanagatari is also very talky and was animated by a different studio / director, and it's highly regarded (if nowhere near selling as well).

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

I think it's hard to go with this as a what-if, but I am pretty confident that the show would be ruined if it were adapted by Toei

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Imagine, 21 minutes each week of still, off-model talking heads and maybe 1 minute of a scene that looks decent at best :whitewater:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I don't want to imagine that at all

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think the writing would still make it worth while but shinbo's direction adds a hell of a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Owarimonogatari 1-2

Hey this is Monogatari!. Same characters, same dialogue, same visuals, same direction. Continuity of experience.

Except...

I have to say it...

This was pretty boring. Looking at the clock from time to time-boring.

It's literally a 45 minute dialog scene between two people talking about something that happened in the past and no parlor trick or gimmick can avoid the inherent problems of something like that. Hell, the entire scene is in the past, as last time we saw these characters Araragi already was clued in her being what she doesn't seem, and this is a flashback to their first meeting, it quits tension to this arc. The dialog itself lacking the typical snappy humor/wit that usually have with some of the girls (like with Shinobu/Kanbaru/Senjou/Mayoi) didn't help. Yes, I know that *monogatari being just pure dialog is at this point not a surprise for anybody but sometimes it can be done in a way that is engaging, and sometimes not. This is the latter.

About what happened: maybe I'm paranoid but the feeling that Ougi gave me when she appeared in the past season, as if every character knew her from before, is that she manipulates people's memory and with that, somehow even reality. And that's what happened in this episode. Nothing of this happened, the classroom as Araragi says didn't exist. She made Araragi "remember" a false episode of his life.
I think some of the stuff that happened with Kanbaru and Nadeko with Ougi were similar, with people doubting what she said, and then shrugging it off and saying "oh, I suppose you are right, I don't remember exactly whatever), now we have seen it directly.