Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I think finns are just feeling spurned that swedes legit prefer muslims over finns as neighbours, friends and sons-in-laws

it's hardly a tough call either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

% of liars.jpeg

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

StoryTime posted:

This is true. "Happiness" is "Onnellisuus" in finnish, "Suicide" is "Itsemurha" (lit. Self-murder), however they are pronounced identically and are considered to be the same word.

Lol, if true

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Beef Turret posted:

Lol, if true

it is

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
some finnish academics took part in the last eurovision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhjs-3q068

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

quote:

StoryTime posted:
This is true. "Happiness" is "Onnellisuus" in finnish, "Suicide" is "Itsemurha" (lit. Self-murder), however they are pronounced identically and are considered to be the same word.

this is actually a less isolated concept than people might assume, εὐθανασία or euthanasia means 'good death' in greek

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Groovelord Neato posted:

must be self reported because it should correlate with average height and it aint

And when data's properly collected, the average is an ego-soothing 5.16 inches / 13.12 cm.

While working for a content mill, I wrote an article about a metastudy which only took figures from studies with proper measurement techniques and sampling methods so the above figure's the best to date. However, the 15,000 dongers they had data on were predominantly from the US and western Europe so it pretty much is just an average for western white men.

Point being, that much country-to-country variation probably just reflects fuzzy research.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Finn shanking knives are so ubiquitous that you can get them at Wal-Mart

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Accretionist posted:

And when data's properly collected, the average is an ego-soothing 5.16 inches / 13.12 cm.

While working for a content mill, I wrote an article about a metastudy which only took figures from studies with proper measurement techniques and sampling methods so the above figure's the best to date. However, the 15,000 dongers they had data on were predominantly from the US and western Europe so it pretty much is just an average for western white men.

Point being, that much country-to-country variation probably just reflects fuzzy research.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201210/the-pseudoscience-race-differences-in-penis-size

Lynn’s other source is the world penis size website. These are both self-published sources that have not been independently verified. A blogger named Ethnic Muse has carefully examined this site’s references and found that a number of articles listed on the site either do not exist under the name given or do not discuss penis size at all. There are also numerous discrepancies between the values provided by the website and the actual values given by the references.[3] Therefore, the information on this website cannot be trusted and no conclusions should be drawn from it.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Mange Mite posted:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201210/the-pseudoscience-race-differences-in-penis-size

Lynn’s other source is the world penis size website. These are both self-published sources that have not been independently verified. A blogger named Ethnic Muse has carefully examined this site’s references and found that a number of articles listed on the site either do not exist under the name given or do not discuss penis size at all. There are also numerous discrepancies between the values provided by the website and the actual values given by the references.[3] Therefore, the information on this website cannot be trusted and no conclusions should be drawn from it.

What a maroon

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Lord of Pie posted:

Finn shanking knives are so ubiquitous that you can get them at Wal-Mart

That's a knife made in Finland, not a Finnish-style knife. The blade is too slender and starts narrowing too early to be a proper Finn shanking knife.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

a bog worshipper gifted me a puukko a whiles back - probably just a clever way of destroying evidence

how is one expected to react when being gifted a shiv anyway

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
copious amounts of vodka

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zzulu posted:

copious amounts of vodka
followed by a knife fight

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Waci posted:

That's a knife made in Finland, not a Finnish-style knife. The blade is too slender and starts narrowing too early to be a proper Finn shanking knife.

yeah that's a filleting knife

this is a trad puukko:

hard counter posted:

a bog worshipper gifted me a puukko a whiles back - probably just a clever way of destroying evidence

how is one expected to react when being gifted a shiv anyway

remove it from your guts and stab back

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Hogge Wild posted:

hmmm you're right, the finn probably just whiffed the stab badly and put it in my hand by accident

kind of funny that we both just rolled with it

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
probably unnecessary to ask, but how shitfaced was he?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

above base level for sure but still under the point where conversations contain more than the barest minimum number of words needed and/or emotional content

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
you have weird friends hard counter

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Give Finn knife, friend for life.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah that's a filleting knife

this is a trad puukko:

What a unique knife that looks just like any other loving knife. Finns even suck at making up their goddamn national knives.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FreudianSlippers posted:

Literally all True Finns are hideous goblin people
http://per-looks.tumblr.com/

Thufir Hawat's looking good these days.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

steinrokkan posted:

What a unique knife that looks just like any other loving knife. Finns even suck at making up their goddamn national knives.

it's sad really

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Zzulu posted:

i'll take muslims over finns

At least muslims brought kebab and hot women. Finns are just a black hole of drunken stupor and saunas

I'd be ok with Sharia Law if it meant more access to kebabs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You know you can put some spiced meat into a bun on your own without becoming a muslim, right.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zzulu posted:

i'll take muslims over finns

At least muslims brought kebab and hot women. Finns are just a black hole of drunken stupor and saunas

But the kebabs make you fat and if you even look at their women they`ll gently caress you up.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'll take the combination of Muslims and Germans that creates Doner Kebabs.

God drat, I want a Doner Kebab food truck in my city. If I ever win a large lottery, I'm creating one as a vanity project and eating there twice weekly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

You know you can put some spiced meat into a bun on your own without becoming a muslim, right.

I live a couple miles from the Mexican border, so of course I know this. I even had some for lunch today.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I live a couple miles from the Mexican border, so of course I know this. I even had some for lunch today.

lol lets not pretend mexican "cuisine "can hold a candle to a good kebab

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

I've had both. It can and does.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Baudolino posted:

But the kebabs make you fat and if you even look at their women they`ll gently caress you up.

nah finns are the same way, minus the delicious edible cuisine anyway

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

you poor soul

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
according to the rulebook of fast foods, youre both wrong

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Guys I listened to a BBC radio documentary about an ethnic Mongolian woman with a downs syndrome baby, who basically found it really offensive that downs people are called mongoloids, saying the term is outdated and scientifically inaccurate, plus racist to boot.

What I'm trying to say is, maybe we shouldn't call finns "Mongols", has anyone thought about how the Mongolian people would feel about that??

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Windeelv20 Elevators from Finland & more by FinnishElevatorFilmer1993

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I don't think northern Europeans should be allowed to have opinions about food

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

ZombieJesus posted:

Guys I listened to a BBC radio documentary about an ethnic Mongolian woman with a downs syndrome baby, who basically found it really offensive that downs people are called mongoloids, saying the term is outdated and scientifically inaccurate, plus racist to boot.

What I'm trying to say is, maybe we shouldn't call finns "Mongols", has anyone thought about how the Mongolian people would feel about that??

downs people do look kinda like mongols, though

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

serious norman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Windeelv20 Elevators from Finland & more by FinnishElevatorFilmer1993

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ZombieJesus posted:

Guys I listened to a BBC radio documentary about an ethnic Mongolian woman with a downs syndrome baby,

How could she tell?

• Locked thread