Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Is this like ironic quoting of that movie because I don't get it

Pavlovian conditioning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trent posted:

Pavlovian conditioning

Is he the one with all the hosed up colored peas?

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is he the one with all the hosed up colored peas?

No, he's the one with the dead/not-dead cat.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fat Loser posted:

No, he's the one with the dead/not-dead cat.

Pretty sure he was the one that had two baby monkeys with artificial mothers. One wire-frame and one wire-frame with fur and the with fur babbie monkey was happier.

Or the guy who locked up his own child to see what deprivation does to a developing mind.

Actually that might have been the same guy.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Right, David Mitchell

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

They are opting for the exploding coffin package to get that one last final troll in

They just discovered you can have "Pop goes the weasel" playing while they bury you.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

syscall girl posted:

Pretty sure he was the one that had two baby monkeys with artificial mothers. One wire-frame and one wire-frame with fur and the with fur babbie monkey was happier.

Or the guy who locked up his own child to see what deprivation does to a developing mind.

No, no, no, it was the married couple who conditioned their kid to be terrified of small, white, furry things and then summarily had him taken away because that was abusive as gently caress :pseudo:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

PaulBearer posted:

I was looking for a Beavis & Butt-Head shirt on ebay and WHAT THE gently caress?

I can't help but just sort of figure that this is someone's weird DeviantArt fetish drawing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

No, no, no, it was the married couple who conditioned their kid to be terrified of small, white, furry things and then summarily had him taken away because that was abusive as gently caress :pseudo:

Thank pseudo smilie. It has been a while since abnormal psych.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

They just discovered you can have "Pop goes the weasel" playing while they bury you.

And make it so a spring shoots you up like a groundhog in one of those carnival games?

Whoa

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soulex posted:

And make it so a spring shoots you up like a groundhog in one of those carnival games?

Whoa

Or a canned snake, which is even better.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Tendai posted:

I can't help but just sort of figure that this is someone's weird DeviantArt fetish drawing.

Nah they'd have to be pregnant for DeviantArt's seal of approval

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That boat is hosed

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Soulex posted:

That boat is hosed

It's a ketch.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Kvetching about ketches.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Didn't know Ambulance was the same word in Portuguese.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

budgieinspector posted:

Is it a schooner?
See for yourself!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Acid Reflux posted:

See for yourself!

The star makes me uncomfortable seriously. The rest are alright.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

WarpedNaba posted:

Didn't know Ambulance was the same word in Portuguese.

But it inst (its "ambulância").

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elias_Maluco posted:

But it inst (its "ambulância").

I just checked a photo of a Portugese ambulance and the word is actually AIƆИA⅃UᙠMA

No idea how to pronounce that, those cyrillic letters always confuse me

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Even worse. It was just some guy at a hospital that borrowed a little kid. He intended to deprogram the reaction but it got cut short. So somewhere out there was a kid who was afraid of white furry things with no idea why.

Or is getting it wrong :thejoke:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hm, ambulances shooting off confetti and colored smoke. Interesting choice compared to the usual lights and sirens.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

PaulBearer posted:

I was looking for a Beavis & Butt-Head shirt on ebay and WHAT THE gently caress?

yeah yeah beebiss i

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hm, ambulances shooting off confetti and colored smoke. Interesting choice compared to the usual lights and sirens.

That's a picture of an emergency in Rio during Carnival.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUMq6imrMmI

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

syscall girl posted:

Didn't this actually happen and the kid just died for no known cause? Like, he was fed but that was his only human contact.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

And they said beachbox was dead

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Jamesman posted:

No but I'm talking about this one specific form of metal.

I actually listen to a lot of brutal/slam death and, in 80% of cases, most of the difference is in production. Very few bands have a unique rhythmic or melodic style, or easily recognizable performers. Like, I can recognize the bassist of Defeated Sanity or the vocalist of Wormed within 30 seconds of starting a track, but 80% of it is indistinguishable low-effort crap. Which is how all genres are, really, especially ones as chromatic/atonal and dynamically rigid as brutal DM.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Gamma Nerd posted:

I actually listen to a lot of brutal/slam death and, in 80% of cases, most of the difference is in production. Very few bands have a unique rhythmic or melodic style, or easily recognizable performers. Like, I can recognize the bassist of Defeated Sanity or the vocalist of Wormed within 30 seconds of starting a track, but 80% of it is indistinguishable low-effort crap. Which is how all genres are, really, especially ones as chromatic/atonal and dynamically rigid as brutal DM.
:goonsay:

I always wanted to use that smilie and finally my time has come. :allears:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Oh, I get much goonier than that while discussing music.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I listen to metal. I'm also not a pedantic rear end in a top hat trying to tell other people what the gently caress to listen to

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Its like im looking at the imgur most viral links i was just browsing on imgur

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

I like the usernames.

Away all Goats