Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DrSunshine posted:

I think it'd just make him angrier!

I wonder if he'll get so angry that he wraps around and reaches a zen like peace through pure anger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tsob posted:

I wonder if he'll get so angry that he wraps around and reaches a zen like peace through pure anger?

That will happen when Deku rescues him by beating All-Might.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

tsob posted:

So he'll turn into Saitama? I could live with that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This chapter is a great reminder of how good the costume and character design is in its variation. Even the simple outfits like Todoroki's and Fumikage's look good. The only one that I think might be a bit much is Bakugou's, but I kind of expect that it having too much stuff going on might eventually come up because it is very noticeably overdesigned.

I am super pumped for next chapter.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

My prediction? The healer/nurse is on close standby and is basically eyes glued to the situation.

All Might is going to hurt Bakugou during this, on purpose, but I don't know if this will mean that they will end up losing the test, or if it'll just mean Bakugou will be forced to accept Deku's help.

Either way I really doubt this is going to end without Bakugou eating some humble pie.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think All-Might's the type of guy who would intentionally injure one of his students to teach them a lesson. I mean, this whole task does seem designed to give Bakugou a reality check. I just doubt his plan for it is to beat him up.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Being as, during the meeting between the teachers, we hear nothing about how or what All Might should do regarding Bakugou, even going so far as to omit any mention of dealing with him as he likes, I'm going to guess that it's not All Might's plan, rather, those are his instructions.

It would also not only work, but is basically exactly the thing Bakugou needs.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Also, can't All Might already control his strength to a great degree? So why exactly does he need those cuffs.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Safety precaution, probably.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It also gives some actual incentive to try fighting him (not that Bakugou needed any). Having visible restraints is a bit more convincing than "Oh yeah I'm totally going to hold back".

At least until you blow away a whole city street.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT: Nvm, forgot the English scanlation was already posted on the last page.

EDIT: Just realised that All Might called Aizawa "Aizawa, my man", the same way he called Deku "Midoriya, my boy". I wonder if he calls the nurse hero "Recovery Girl, my woman".

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 4, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NecroMonster posted:

Also, can't All Might already control his strength to a great degree? So why exactly does he need those cuffs.

All of the Teachers are wearing them. It's to serve as a handicap to them. All Might is supposed to do his best to defeat the kids which is why is is wearing 6 of those cuffs to slow him down to give them a chance.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MonsterEnvy posted:

All of the Teachers are wearing them. It's to serve as a handicap to them. All Might is supposed to do his best to defeat the kids which is why is is wearing 6 of those cuffs to slow him down to give them a chance.

No, All Might is the only one wearing the limiters. One of the win conditions is to handcuff the teacher, the other being to escape.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Begemot posted:

No, All Might is the only one wearing the limiters. One of the win conditions is to handcuff the teacher, the other being to escape.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The latest incarnation of DBZ weighted training clothes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That seems kind of bizarre; I'm assuming that the ones used on the other heroes at least weigh less than the ones used on All Might, because otherwise there's no way a normal human being (which is basically what Aizawa is minus his quirk-sealing ability) would have trouble just moving around.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Seafood posted:

It started even earlier than that, back when kid Goku and kid Krillin were training under Master Roshi in the original Dragonball and he made them wear weighted turtle shells.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Goku never had this much ~style~

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

That seems kind of bizarre; I'm assuming that the ones used on the other heroes at least weigh less than the ones used on All Might, because otherwise there's no way a normal human being (which is basically what Aizawa is minus his quirk-sealing ability) would have trouble just moving around.

Pretty sure they work on a percentage based thing not by actual weight they are Herotech type devices

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Still unsure what half of his body weight is supposed to do to "weaken" loving All Might any.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

Still unsure what half of his body weight is supposed to do to "weaken" loving All Might any.

It should theoretically slow him down and allow Bakugou and Deku an easier time of escaping.

Also since he is wearing 6 bands, it's presumably 3 times his bodyweight.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Plus it was mentioned when he was training Deku that All Might weighs around 600lbs.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
He's so much stronger than that. It's like asking a normal person to wear a few rubber bands on their wrists to slow them down.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
If anything, that much weight will only make it harder for him to hold back, since he has to put that much more minimum energy into moving to begin with, and now his arms are each 600+ lbs by themselves. It's like punching with a pair of cars for arms.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

So he'll turn into Saitama? I could live with that.

god i want a crossover so bad

of course saitama 'wins' by default

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

gnome7 posted:

If anything, that much weight will only make it harder for him to hold back, since he has to put that much more minimum energy into moving to begin with, and now his arms are each 600+ lbs by themselves. It's like punching with a pair of cars for arms.

it's Science! maybe they don't actually weigh anything.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All herotech is just placebo.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rigged Death Trap posted:

All herotech is just placebo.

Hatsume is a really, really good saleswoman. Everyone's completely convinced all her tech does something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NecroMonster posted:

I think the idea is they are all wearing them, so it's a real handicap to the others, it just happens to not really mean much to All Might because, hey, what can you do?

It's unclear whether the weights being a certain percentage of bodyweight refers to all of them, each cuff or even each little black square on the cuffs. Though since Eraserhead is wearing them I'm guessing that it isn't the last one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Prison Warden posted:

It's unclear whether the weights being a certain percentage of bodyweight refers to all of them, each cuff or even each little black square on the cuffs. Though since Eraserhead is wearing them I'm guessing that it isn't the last one.

It's a tough call; if it were "each cuff is half body-weight" then it would be completely impossible for someone of Eraserhead's size and stature to even move around, but if the sum total of all cuffs is half body-weight then it would do jack poo poo for someone like All-Might.

I think the safest assumption is that it was referring specifically to All-Might with the "half weight per cuff" thing and that the cuffs for all other participants were just adjusted to whatever happens to be reasonable on an individual basis.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

gnome7 posted:

He's going to end up giving someone a congratulatory pat on the back that flattens them into the pavement.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I'm doing a reread of the series and I'm really wondering how on earth Mr. Hot Coldman managed to get 2nd place in the physical test in chapter 6. His quirk doesn't seem very helpful there, and he even managed to beat Bakugou.

Also how invisible girl managed to pass the entrance exam. I guess she must use some sort of weapon.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014
Dude has been groomed since BEFORE HE WAS BORN as someone to surpass freaking All Might.

Of course he's gonna be in helluva good shape.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That test wasn't about being in good shape.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

So I'm doing a reread of the series and I'm really wondering how on earth Mr. Hot Coldman managed to get 2nd place in the physical test in chapter 6. His quirk doesn't seem very helpful there, and he even managed to beat Bakugou.

Also how invisible girl managed to pass the entrance exam. I guess she must use some sort of weapon.

I think we can assume it's a given that the point-scoring robots are designed so that a sufficiently capable martial artist can disable them with their bare hands. Besides, she's invisible. She could just walk round behind one and start pulling wires out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Do you suppose Hagakure is gonna get covered in paint, or dust, or some other material at some point? Because that seems like a pretty obvious weakness to exploit for an invisible character that will be involved in combat against equally-or-more intelligent opponents.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Apparently it's not actually invisibility but something more complicated, so who can say.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Apparently it's not actually invisibility but something more complicated, so who can say.

Oh really? Gosh, I must've missed that detail somewhere along the line. Huh! I wonder what it could be then? Does she somehow distort space and time around herself? Or maybe it's some kind of psychic power? If it's some form of active camouflage or holographic field that she's somehow projecting, maybe she can account for things sticking to her.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 6, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nobody knows the particulars, it's just that her character profile lists her power as "Complicated, but I'll explain it eventually."

If it were garden variety invisibility, I think Kohei would've just called it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Wow. Kohei's a creative fellow (although he likes to subvert it: Quirk: HAS A TAIL) so that's potentially pretty exciting.

All that's been shown so far seems to give the impression she's full on standard invisibility (possibly can't turn off?). I remember she left icy footprints during the fight challenge.