Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

I don't know what's more annoying, people telling the best friends what to do or people who won't shut the gently caress up about people telling them what to do. Yeah we get it, people telling them what to do should stop being jerks about it. Ok thanks for saying it again. Oh again really? Oh ok you're gonna say it one more time. Oh again huh.

> Act

> Hold Up Mirror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The difference is that people who tell others to stop backseat gaming then act like they've got the moral high ground for telling others to stop whining when actually whining in general is just annoying. And it's sad that the only way to point that out to people is, yes, by whining about it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

The difference is that people who tell others to stop backseat gaming then act like they've got the moral high ground for telling others to stop whining when actually whining in general is just annoying. And it's sad that the only way to point that out to people is, yes, by whining about it.

> Act

> Hold Up Mirror Higher

> Spare

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
CJacobs is defeated. You gain 0 exp and 20 gold.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Okay, I let out a laugh when I saw what today's shitstorm video was.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The people complaining don't make any sense though because

You can't NOT get the Neutral Ending first run, you get that, THEN you do it again and get the Pacifist ending. Neutral Ending is literally 'ok kill a couple but don't do a bunch'. Unless Liam went murder crazy they were gonna get that anyway, weren't they? Undertale is really good but I hate the whole 'you have to play it once then do it all over again for the REAL ending' thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You can't NOT get the Neutral Ending first run, you get that, THEN you do it again and get the Pacifist ending. Neutral Ending is literally 'ok kill a couple but don't do a bunch'. Unless Liam went murder crazy they were gonna get that anyway, weren't they? Undertale is really good but I hate the whole 'you have to play it once then do it all over again for the REAL ending' thing.

Good thing it doesn't do that, then. You have to get the neutral ending the first time even if you're a pacifist, and then you just reload your save after getting hints at what to do for the true ending and then you go get the true ending. You don't have to play the game over again. If you kill anything, ever, you can't get the true ending on that playthrough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For people complaining about them playing, you guys missed the part where Matt is playing and Liam is watching

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

you know you can just continue from your pacifist run save and go straight through to the true ending right

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I did not know you could just reload a pacifist run that got the neutral ending to trigger the pacifist ending, carry on then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ruggington, i cannot handle this game. I found a lesser dog and am dying of laughter

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Baal posted:

Ruggington, i cannot handle this game. I found a lesser dog and am dying of laughter

KEEP PETTING

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Baal posted:

:woof: :shittydog: :woof:

I was into Undertale from the start, but Radiation won me for life by being a guru of all things Dog.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

I miss these days of Pat.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

:shittydog:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm really starting to get Liam fatigue I think. Danganronpa - Liam and Woolie, Phantom Pain - Liam and Pat, Undertale - Liam and Matt.

Like it's mostly alright but uuuggghhhh sometimes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Full disclosure, I've been watching their videos on the regular for about a year now and still only know them as "the shouty one," "the shoutier one," and "the squeaky one."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

I'm really starting to get Liam fatigue I think. Danganronpa - Liam and Woolie, Phantom Pain - Liam and Pat, Undertale - Liam and Matt.

Like it's mostly alright but uuuggghhhh sometimes.

Liam is fine. It's fine.

Oxxidation posted:

Full disclosure, I've been watching their videos on the regular for about a year now and still only know them as "the shouty one," "the shoutier one," and "the squeaky one."

You're missing one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The shouty one, the shoutier one, the squeaky one, and grandma swamp

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I've been through undertale 3 times and never got that chilldrake encounter

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Tae posted:

For people complaining about them playing, you guys missed the part where Matt is playing and Liam is watching

Liam is the devil on both of his shoulders telling him "welp that didn't work guess you gotta kill it" though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ruggington posted:

He only shows up if you either kill or heckle Snow Drake.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

He only shows up if you either kill or heckle Snow Drake.

I killed Snowdrake on two of those runs and heckled him on one

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Ruggington posted:

im on my third and i never saw the long necked snowmen or greater dog popping out of the armor

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Liam is the devil on both of his shoulders telling him "welp that didn't work guess you gotta kill it" though.

"Liam, we haven't even tried any of the acts yet though"
"Oh whoops"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam probably has the biggest gap between paying attention to a game while LPing and playing alone

or

he buys hundreds of lovely jrpgs and skips the dialogue and makes up the story on the podcast every week

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
You can almost hear the rusty gears turn when Matt looks at the puzzles

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Depths posted:

You can almost hear the rusty gears turn when Matt looks at the puzzles

loving imagine if this was a matt and pat playthrough

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
me about this thread

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
what a bitch boy you are

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If you haven't. Please Buy Undertale. it's incredible. The story is amazing. It's the game of the year.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

If you haven't. Please Buy Undertale. it's incredible. The story is amazing. It's the game of the year.

I got off my rear end and decided to do the True Ending route and I almost cried multiple times oh god this is so embarrassing

No, but seriously, Undertale is so good and I think I'm more than happy with the endings I got so far i'll watch the genocide route later i can't do this right now

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Dias posted:

I got off my rear end and decided to do the True Ending route and I almost cried multiple times oh god this is so embarrassing

No, but seriously, Undertale is so good and I think I'm more than happy with the endings I got so far i'll watch the genocide route later i can't do this right now

Pussy.

I cried SUPER HARD. UNRELENTINGLY.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love that them playing Lucius goes from "This game is super dumb" to "THIS IS THE COOLEST poo poo".

There's a bunch of ways to kill people they didn't even consider too.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
Undertale is great and i'm kinda glad about the restart as there's some really great stuff on the pacifist route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU-4QGbb6XY

:shittydog:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think my favorite part of the undertale video is when the guys go through all the options on a enemy and make it yellow named only to just murder it anyway :allears:

It's a shame that the internet cries about "nooo they aren't doing it perfectly" because stuff like that get a legit laugh out of me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really want Matt and Liam to do their own run now because I'm starting with a Pacifist run and would to see their different approach.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I really want Matt and Liam to do their own run now because I'm starting with a Pacifist run and would to see their different approach.

Even in a neutral route, there's actually quite a bit of variation in the last sequence of the game, depending on your approach. However, there IS quite a bit of locked content behind the Pacifist route, so this time I'll not hate on people saying DO THIS THIS WAY.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also reloading in Undertale is itself a way to access various content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

wouldn't mind seeing a full lucius 2 playthrough (unless the game becomes really repetitive or boring later)