Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
why do americans always have to ruin everything

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

steinrokkan posted:

What a unique knife that looks just like any other loving knife. Finns even suck at making up their goddamn national knives.

It's a knife for knifing not for looking cool. Learn to appreciate the beauty of an elegant drop point.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ilustforponydeath posted:

How could she tell?

it understood swedish

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
FInland likes to think it is a scandinavian country instead of just another slav shithole

lol

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
it's racist to say slavs are shitholes

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

europe really does look like a giant penis that has smaller penises erupting out of it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Scandinavia should totally help Estonia into the fold. I watched a documentary about their amazingly efficient "e-government" and now have a huge soft spot for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IWpM9xtcyk

Estonia's still poor, though, and it's main link to Scandinavia is being a weekend destination of Finns from Helsinki since the ferry trip's only a couple of hours

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Accretionist posted:

Scandinavia should totally help Estonia into the fold. I watched a documentary about their amazingly efficient "e-government" and now have a huge soft spot for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IWpM9xtcyk

Estonia's still poor, though, and it's main link to Scandinavia is being a weekend destination of Finns from Helsinki since the ferry trip's only a couple of hours

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

lol lets not pretend mexican "cuisine "can hold a candle to a good kebab

gently caress this guy right in his hummus

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Realtalk, give me Mexican from a wheeled vehicle over the rotating shame-meat they call kebab in the Nordic lands.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Free Market Mambo posted:

Realtalk, give me Mexican from a wheeled vehicle over the rotating shame-meat they call kebab in the Nordic lands.

mexicans own
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuInCFd4MKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZfqtwoSNOM

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm salivating right the gently caress now.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

LordArgh posted:

downs people do look kinda like mongols, though

Yeah that kinda makes sense in a weird way, but the mongols + mongoloids must be hurting about the Finland comparison. Won't somebody think of the mongols/downs people? Don't they have enough to deal with?!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

The Taint Reaper posted:

europe really does look like a giant penis that has smaller penises erupting out of it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scandinavia the flaccid depressed cock of europe.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
well, the american limp dick in florida lacks balls:

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
It would fit on Alaska perfectly.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

notice how Sweden is the happiest scandinavian country

for we are the best, you see

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finns are depressed because they couldn't continue the world conquering ways of their mongol ancestors.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Did you know that the word gay also means happy? Really puts it all in perspective

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Finland is loving terrible but every morning when I wake up in a roadside ditch I let out a big smile, you know why?

Because at least I'm not Swedish

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

kikkelivelho posted:

Finland is loving terrible but every morning when I wake up in a roadside ditch I let out a big smile, you know why?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zzulu posted:

notice how Sweden is the happiest scandinavian country

for we are the best, you see

Muslims have been shown to have significantly lower rates of clinical depression than non-believers

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Mange Mite posted:

Muslims have been shown to have significantly lower rates of clinical depression than non-believers

Sweden is the happiest counrty in the middle east after Iraq

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

kikkelivelho posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The strange thing is all those countries have the same bad winter weather but for some reason Finns get the most depression/introversion?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
finland is the coldest country in fennoscandia. the most heavily populated areas in denmark, norway and sweden are well below finnish latitudes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
FInland is just worse and their people are a lot less attractive

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

if you took the 6 million Finns and put them in a place with good Mediterranean weather like California would the suicide rate drop?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zzulu posted:

FInland likes to think it is a scandinavian country instead of just another slav shithole

lol

Why is denmark counted as a scandinavian country when it's not a part of the scandinavian peninsula?

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Finland has been part of the Russian Empire for about three or four generations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They earned the right after waging war with us amazing swedes over 30 times over the years

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
they used to have the head of the scandinavian penisula

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Friendly Tumour posted:

Why is denmark counted as a scandinavian country when it's not a part of the scandinavian peninsula?

because it has nordic culture, language and genetics.

Also the Danes terrorized the hideous brits in the past.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

if you took the 6 million Finns and put them in a place with good Mediterranean weather like California would the suicide rate drop?

Strangely, the life goal of every Scandinavian is to visit LA. It is inexplicable and concerning.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
I read the first 8 pages and now I want to move to Finland. Drunken saunas, solitude and suicide all sounds right up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Look Right posted:

I read the first 8 pages and now I want to move to Finland. Drunken saunas, solitude and suicide all sounds right up my alley.

2nd Winter War is coming, no you do not.

• Locked thread