Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Schefter says Foster is good to go today, barring a pregame setback. I think I have to play him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Demarco is out Yeah? I'm considering sproles today.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
With the news that luck is officially out now I decided to see who my opponent had for back up... Mariota who is on a Bye.

I just swooped in picked up Dalton and Tanny off FA so now he's stuck with his choice of Bortles, FitzP, or Alex Smith as a viable back up. I feel a little dirty, but hey thems the breaks

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If luck's out, do I play Agholor over Moncrief? I can't, right?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I dunno. Should I bother dropping Cardinals DST to pick up Philly (vs Washington) today?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dat one portagee posted:

With the news that luck is officially out now I decided to see who my opponent had for back up... Mariota who is on a Bye.

I just swooped in picked up Dalton and Tanny off FA so now he's stuck with his choice of Bortles, FitzP, or Alex Smith as a viable back up. I feel a little dirty, but hey thems the breaks

Good. And Fitzpatrick just locked too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I dunno. Should I bother dropping Cardinals DST to pick up Philly (vs Washington) today?

No, use Cardinals

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Glad to see the dolphins are phoning this one in.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

From last night:

"However, sources not authorized to speak publicly said to not be surprised if Foster has at least a complementary role and makes his season debut against the Falcons if he’s able to convince coach Bill O’Brien that he’s ready. Foster has missed three games after undergoing groin surgery in August.

The Texans are shorthanded at running back without Foster because Jonathan Grimes was ruled out with a knee injury. Inside linebacker Akeem Dent (hamstring) and safety Lonnie Ballentine (arthroscopic knee surgery) were also ruled out."

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/10/texans-injury-report-arian-foster-duane-brown-questionable-ryan-mallett-probable/

At least a complimentary role tells me he could get like 5 carries or like 20 carries.

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of places that he'll be limited too.

Just want to see 10 carries, 4 catches, and a touchdown. Come on Foster!

Also the Bears trying to trade Forte. Feeling pretty good about dynasty shares of Langford.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
My Jets stacked team on fanduel has me up big! Can't wait to see it disappear as the day goes on.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If the Dolphins continue to look like they don't even care, and they do in fact fire the coaching staff as has been rumoured/speculated, are people going to be targeting Lamar Miller? Or is this just a situation to avoid all year?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Gobias Ind. posted:

If the Dolphins continue to look like they don't even care, and they do in fact fire the coaching staff as has been rumoured/speculated, are people going to be targeting Lamar Miller? Or is this just a situation to avoid all year?

If you could get him for real cheap it could be a smart move.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Luck out? Save me, Bort!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

BORT BORT

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

I would not trust that he will get a full load. Roster accordingly, as a flex option.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Suave Fedora posted:

I would not trust that he will get a full load. Roster accordingly, as a flex option.

Yeah, he's not getting a full load:

quote:

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports Arian Foster (groin) is not expected to handle a full workload Sunday in Atlanta.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported something similar earlier Sunday, stating Foster would see "limited/specialty snaps" against the Falcons, in an effort to ramp up for a "full load" next Thursday night against the Colts. Still, Foster seems likely to be mixed in for double-digit touches in a plus matchup. We'd be hard pressed to leave him out of RB2/flex spots

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is Demarco officially out? Anyone seen that yet?

Also, Oakland D over the Chi or Bills D over Giants?

I know I've got two decent winners here, but... I need to aggregate blame if one of them sucks.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Well, I sat Lamar Miller for him [Arian Foster], so unless I want to play Vereen or Agholor instead, he's locked into my flex.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's between Foster or Jonathan Stewart for my flex. :ohdear:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Luck out? Good thing I bought a ticket to the Carr Show during the week!

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
Luck out, Mariota on bye. Do I go Bort, Hasselbeck, or Mallett? Gotta be Bort, right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bort

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Apparently Cutler is playing today. I think I'm STILL rolling with Oakland for the INTs.

But I do have CIN sitting there on waivers...

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Hrm, Lynch owner isn't happy, guess I'll send him a offer, probably won't accept...

Receive Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB from TTD to Bench
Send Frank Gore, Ind RB from RB to TTD
Accepted

Oh, okay.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PyroDwarf posted:

Hrm, Lynch owner isn't happy, guess I'll send him a offer, probably won't accept...

Receive Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB from TTD to Bench
Send Frank Gore, Ind RB from RB to TTD
Accepted

Oh, okay.

:drat:

One of those players can still have a good season, and it isn't the guy spelling the passing prowess of Luck.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Forever_Peace posted:

Also the Bears trying to trade Forte. Feeling pretty good about dynasty shares of Langford.
I watched a bears preseason game this year and I dunno why Ka'Deem Carey isn't their #2, that dude runs so hard

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea... Gonna go ahead and call that sitting Ivory was not a good move

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

gently caress me, I thought I had a good QB stack but this week is a disaster

Flacco - 7 points
Luck - Out
Roethlisberger - Out
Mariota - Bye

Looks like I'm gonna have to just eat this one (2 qb league, 4 qb max).

edit: you know what gently caress it, I'm 1-2 and 2nd on the waiver wire. Dropping Mariota for Bort because I'm dumb

Hazo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 4, 2015

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Chilichimp posted:

Is Demarco officially out? Anyone seen that yet?

He's a gametime decision but most reports indicate he will play.

How many carries he will get vs Ryan Matthews is another question

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Tiptoes posted:

Randle had his best game of the year and still left Cowboys' coaches wanting more. They had a 28-17 lead at halftime and needed their run game to win that game. And it failed them. I still doubt that they're content with this RBBC and expect them to tinker with it by involving CMike. He offers power on runs between the tackles that they're not getting out of their current trio.

See it drives me nuts when people can't remember past last week in football. First two weeks, Randle was getting tough yards, 2,3,4 yards per carry. Everyone knocked him for his bad ypc and the fact he got stuffed on a goal line run therefore c Mike is inevitable. Last week he breaks some long runs, has a nice ypc, and converts two goal line carries. Everyone knocks him because suddenly he can't grind out the tough yards therefore c Mike is inevitable.

Reading tea leaves is worthless when you only see what you want to see. If Randle has another solid game today he's cemented in as chairman of the committee but people will still find an aspect of the game that he didn't excel in and use it as proof of the coming of Michael.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Traded Karlos Williams, Darren Sproles, and Pacman Jones for Megatron and Harrison Smith (his RBs are dead and he wanted off the Megatron train)

....5 minutes later...

I trade Calvin Johnson & Frank Gore for GRONK

Never had to give up Sanders or Foster :smug: ALL IN ON MY STARTING LINEUP

...cause I have jack poo poo on my bench now. I love my main league.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
...so Chris Ivory looks healthier than I thought he'd be. :stare:

Delicious bench points.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Apparently Shady has a tear in his hammy and they're expecting him out 3-4 weeks. Special K gonna have a serious chance to showcase even more if he can stay healthy.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

So Watkins is out today and I need a desperation pickup. 1PPR

I've got to drop either Stafford or Julius Thomas, who I got in the 13th as a stash/trade bait pick. My starting QB is Dalton. I failed to slot Lamar Miller in my 2nd flex spot in time for the game today. Didn't realize it was this early.

Ellington is available to be claimed, even though Johnson will get the start. He could possibly provide some value down the road if I take a hit today.

It's a 12 team so poo poo is pretty sparse.

WR:

RB:

What are my realistic options here? Hankerson? Ellington?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm glad I finally dropped Miami's D. I held on for as long as I could hoping against hope they might turn things around

e: now I just need to do something with miller

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Gobias Ind. posted:

I have been trying to sell off Lamar Miller for 2 weeks now and no one is biting. The Dolphins ground game is dog poo poo and they aren't even trying to establish the bare minimum of a run game. Hell, watching this game, they are using Jarvis Landry as a psuedo running back...

Something big needs to happen for Lamar Miller to be more than a permanent wasted Bench spot, too valuable to drop, but not worth playing.

edit: It would be hilarious if they fire the coaches while they are in London (like the Oakland/Dolphins game last year)...

nollij fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

ZIGfried posted:

See it drives me nuts when people can't remember past last week in football. First two weeks, Randle was getting tough yards, 2,3,4 yards per carry. Everyone knocked him for his bad ypc and the fact he got stuffed on a goal line run therefore c Mike is inevitable. Last week he breaks some long runs, has a nice ypc, and converts two goal line carries. Everyone knocks him because suddenly he can't grind out the tough yards therefore c Mike is inevitable.

Reading tea leaves is worthless when you only see what you want to see. If Randle has another solid game today he's cemented in as chairman of the committee but people will still find an aspect of the game that he didn't excel in and use it as proof of the coming of Michael.
Do you not think it's telling that after Randle's best game of the year, the Cowboys declined to publicly support him as the lead dog and instead opened up practice to be more of a competition and now they're talking about making another RB active on game day?

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

I too sat Ivory after his bagel last week. Only had one (seemingly) decent alternate option. Eat poo poo Lamar Miller.

Now with Luck ruled out, let us all join hands for Tyrod Time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Traded Tanny for a first early last year and was kinda feeling bad about it, but that's passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Azhais posted:

Traded Tanny for a first early last year and was kinda feeling bad about it, but that's passed.

Why would you feel bad about trading Tannehill for a first?

• Locked thread