Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Unimpressed posted:

Actually, England lost because Australia played very well. Perish the thought!

No kidding.

Maybe against Wales you could pretend that changing players here and there might have made a difference, but against Australia England had nothing at all. Literally no changes would have them win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Whiplash as chariot unexpectedly swings low/All England Wanking Contest finals?

I don't think Hooper will/should be cited. The absolute worst he'd get is a warning. He might have went in like Dr. Jannie, but usually you get a warning for the first offence on the pitch anyway (which is what he got). It was a great piece of tactical bashing anyway - he wound an already amped up and making mistakes fullback up even more.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Clit Avoider posted:

Whiplash as chariot unexpectedly swings low/All England Wanking Contest finals?

I don't think Hooper will/should be cited. The absolute worst he'd get is a warning. He might have went in like Dr. Jannie, but usually you get a warning for the first offence on the pitch anyway (which is what he got). It was a great piece of tactical bashing anyway - he wound an already amped up and making mistakes fullback up even more.

Citing that is saying 'we don't want the break down to be contested'

How are you meant to clear out a filthy phil waugh impersonator without doing something like that.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Amazing - I turn on the telly to watch Argentina Tonga and John Inverdale is talking about England. Finally my wife understands my constant moaning about him.

And of course they're talking about "should we have brought Armitage in" and the Aussies "bending the rules" to get Giteau on the team. I was just looking forward to hearing about today's game :(

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

How are you meant to clear out a filthy phil waugh impersonator without doing something like that.

Wales don't want the breakdown contested!!

That said, Tipuric and Warburton against Hooper and Pocock would be an amazing contest.

Referee : Joubert

Oh, never mind.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

DickEmery posted:

I just don't want Ireland to win it.

B-b-but we're the Irish everyone loves us? Why the hate friend?

I wish I was the type of person who could watch these games without that nagging anxiety that we play poo poo and end up on the receiving end of an upset. It's the world cup for it :ohdear:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Stop with the high tackles. Not the neck, Zoltan, NOT the neck.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They appear to have introduced the throat slitting bit of their dance a few minutes late.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tonga want this. Could make the group interesting, I think it would come down to bonus points.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

goatface posted:

Tonga want this. Could make the group interesting, I think it would come down to bonus points.

Argentina are gonna win this game.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Dassa nice try.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
That was also a nice try.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

For the record, I posted this when Argentina were tryless.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Well of course they are, it's Tonga. I'm just fantasising.

Hah

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Byolante posted:

Oh no doubt. Personally I'm a big fan of watching the patented "bakkies" clear-out of 6ft 7 odd inches of human missile making no effort to do anything but clear the man, but apparently that maims people/stops people from enjoying their english/lions petals playing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DickEmery posted:

Wales don't want the breakdown contested!!

That said, Tipuric and Warburton against Hooper and Pocock would be an amazing contest.

Referee : Joubert

Oh, never mind.

I learnt to love rugby in the phil waugh and george smith era of australian rugby. Contesting the break down is what I watch rugby for.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Tonga displays Fighting Spirit.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Fantastic offload there.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
"A respectful silence from the crowd" The gently caress game are you watching, mate?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The one that lets him spout clichés rather than think.

Maybe they have an autocue that brings up a selection of nothing-phrases that fit the situation.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
That half time analysis may have hit a new low for Inverdale. A fun game with two teams who want to win, and all we get is a sad man talking about broken dreams. In a week when they're talking about how the crowds have been less excitable since England went out, I hope Inverdale has a brief moment of self-reflection.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I am enjoying this game, are you enjoying this game? Also, I am eating a chocolate croissant.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am enjoying this game, I am not eating anything as I have a throat infection.

I might go and buy some painkillers and some icecream when it's over.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I am enjoying this game - although sick as well. Drinking tea and stroking cats and looking forward to the Ireland game too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They were a bit close to the downed men for my liking there. Turnover break would have had them running straight over the top of the medics.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone needs to open up a Pacific islands kicking school. Maybe they can get Goromaru in to consult.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

fallingdownjoe posted:

That half time analysis may have hit a new low for Inverdale. A fun game with two teams who want to win, and all we get is a sad man talking about broken dreams. In a week when they're talking about how the crowds have been less excitable since England went out, I hope Inverdale has a brief moment of self-reflection.

During or after fitting the noose?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Come on, Tonga, I want to play music from Tongan Ninja but in a celebratory way.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of Argentinians in.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Balls. :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tonga are making some nice line breaks but they're not supporting them by getting over it fast enough.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was a threat with an actual fist rather than just holding his shirt and shouting at him. Respect to that Tongan man.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Ah gently caress. Poor Tonga and their rubbish kicker.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mr Chips posted:

The ARU didn't 'bend the rules', they changed their selection policy. The RFU could have done this too. Are you hinting that the ARU has somehow been unsporting by doing this? If so, it might be better to conclude that the RFU have their heads up their arses.

Not at all, my conclusion is absolutely that the RFU had their heads utterly up their arses. Aus RFU did what had to be done, England RFU didn't

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Devin Toner, not a small chap, even amongst rugby players.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

"Despite humiliation with their early exit from the 2015 Rugby World Cup, England coach Stuart Lancaster believes his new squad has the potential to bounce back from despair and claim the next 6 Nations title."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ireland are only okay so far

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That should be enough to beat Italy.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Better....much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot