Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
How do you gently caress that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
On twitter someone said they want Cody "No Love" Garbrandt vs Brian Carraway, but Dana won't make it happen because he ignores the fans.

Dana replied:

quote:

I don't ignore. Brian probably won't accept the fight.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Well Caraway passed up a fight with Faber if I recall. That's about as much of a name fight that Caraway is going to get.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

vainman posted:

Why would the UFC care at all that some gambling website screwed up?

They have two copies of their logo plastered onto the loving Octagon. I assume they are enraged. The hatred that is being directed at Draftkings and the UFC tonight is hilarious.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

coconono posted:

considering fantasy sports are unregulated, and thus unprotected, litigation might kill their sponsor? or something.

The NFL, NBA, etc are all openly in bed with the instant fantasy companies right now. I doubt the sponsors care unless that rumor about the Congressional hearing on instant fantasy gets rolling sometime in the next year.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
The extended 193 promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jSKMoXTvaQ

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Draft kings spends so much on advertising they're probably only vaguely aware they have their logo in the octagon

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

That promo is twice as long as the actual fight will be.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I fell asleep before the main but how was Cortana as a ring girl?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
im an idiot

but he isnt much better than her

Sage Northcutt
UFC Fighter, Christian, Model, Actor, & World Kickboxing Champion; Labrada Athlete and Texas A&M Petroleum Engineering 👍🏼

I wonder how jesus feels about being second place to the UFC.

niethan fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 4, 2015

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
What's fake about it? Looks like you found his sister's instagram?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQuueLize0A

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

origami posted:

What's fake about it? Looks like you found his sister's instagram?

No thats his fiancee he has a photo of his fiancee as instagram photo. its his name thats fake what the gently caress kind of name is colbey northcutt (two "t"s? really?)

edit: wait gently caress the dudes name is sage. what confused me was that his sister has a lot of pics of him. forget it

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

niethan posted:

No thats his fiancee he has a photo of his fiancee as instagram photo. its his name thats fake what the gently caress kind of name is colbey northcutt (two "t"s? really?)

edit: wait gently caress the dudes name is sage. what confused me was that his sister has a lot of pics of him. forget it

lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

niethan posted:

Old people figuring out Instagram is lol

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I wonder how he will balance being a petroleum engineering student at a top program with being a successful UFC fighter. That poo poo is not easy even for a 100% dedicated student.

Actually does Yuriy know Sage irl???

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yesterday taught me that LHW should just be rotating fights of DC, Jon Jones, and Gustaffson in some configuration forever.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
here let me use my autism to make my case

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sage and Colbey are very kid born in the late 90s names.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
came in here to say DC is the loving man and showed he is a true champion, gonna leave cause i dont know what is going on but please get help

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

niethan posted:

Since you edited out the original post I'm a little confused as to what you're making diagrams about. Did you think his real name was Colbey and he was using "Sage" as his fighting name?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Since you edited out the original post I'm a little confused as to what you're making diagrams about. Did you think his real name was Colbey and he was using "Sage" as his fighting name?

No I though his name was Colbey and his sisters insta was his

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

niethan posted:

I can't wait for his kids, Aiden, Ayden, Hayden, Aidyn, and Luke.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I think Sage is pretty cool but it's very bad that he is 19 and has a fiancee.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

TheReverend posted:

Maybe she's just his gf idk

niethan fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 4, 2015

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sage Northcutt is the new Todd Duffee.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't give a poo poo what he does with his cock and instagram, he's got a lot of potential.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

TheReverend posted:

He's a Christian southerner...it's all unfortunate but very expected.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

niethan posted:

No I though his name was Colbey and his sisters insta was his

I assume you have since scrolled down to older pictures and realized that this is not the case?

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Captain Log posted:

He's a Christian southerner...it's all unfortunate but very expected.

When he comes out as GSPs lover all will be right with the world.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
DC vs GUstaffson was a good fight but I went to bloodyelbow earlier and they were saying it was a FOTY candidate ... how soon do we forget robbie vs rory

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Meowbot posted:

DC vs GUstaffson was a good fight but I went to bloodyelbow earlier and they were saying it was a FOTY candidate ... how soon do we forget robbie vs rory

Those are like the number 1 and number 2 best fights of the year. How you place them is up to you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Great prelims, terrible PPV, great main event.

Prelims had like 3 wobbly legged fighters complaining they weren't knocked out.
PPV itself was a dumpster fire all the way to the main event.
DC and Gus then proceeded to beat the poo poo out of each other for my entertainment.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
iirc every single fight on the robbie/rory card was better than dc/gus

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Make JBJ's returning fight against Ryan Bader so that I can celebrate either outcome

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

david carmichael posted:

Get the gently caress out of here.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
their output was comparable to magomedov's in volume, and also worse in quality

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I didn't find the DC/Gus fight to be all that great. There were two to three great moments then a lot of short fat guy plodding after someone running away.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
anyways, it seems weird to be impressed by the pace put on by this fat guy when two much fatter guys put on a similarly paced fight where they actually managed to land strikes like a week ago.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

Yeah

http://gfycat.com/MassiveAbleBassethound

http://i.imgur.com/bZL7KPl.webm

http://gfycat.com/BlackFirmAldabratortoise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Really disappointed Gus didn't win but I thought he acquitted himself very well. Considering this wasn't a murder in front of all his countrymen hopefully he won't talk about retiring and will be eager to get back. He's only 28 so super excited for the rest of his career, amazing how good his wrestling is.

• Locked thread