Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

i disagree but respect your opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

same

also playing dks1 again and i am again amazed at how bad you get when you dont play for a bit

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
video

games

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

my favorite part of Destiny is how it's bad and not fun but also no one wants to play anything else

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ArcaneMan posted:

video

games

Derek Smart is losing his poo poo over all of this on twitter and it is hilarious

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

To: John Queefer

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

ArcaneMan posted:

video

games

i hope CIG gets counter-sued for all their money

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i hope both sides lose all of their money

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

ArcaneMan posted:

video

games

lol lawyers are so full of poo poo, bet he billed like 10 hours for that

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Space-Pope posted:

i hope both sides lose all of their money

Oh, same

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

oh that wasn't a lawyer, it was someone from CIG

lol even harder, that's not even a baseless cease & desist it's just a "waahhhhh" letter

also, it's not slander. it would be libel. hasn't that dude seen spider-man

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

oh that wasn't a lawyer, it was someone from CIG

someone at cig... who is a lawyer...

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

i didn't notice the "general counsel" thing. they should hire leonard j crabs

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

well when a resumé with "Ortwin Freyermuth" on it comes across your desk, you pretty much stop the hiring process right there because you've hit the jackpot

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ArcaneMan posted:

video

games

can someone summarize why this is funny I'm not reading it

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
DCS snuck in an update for multicrew aircraft (currently just the L-39)

CMANO's getting a standalone expansion, and its newest version's going to have poo poo like an EMP effect with nuclear detonations

good time to be a grognard

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

bump_fn posted:

just another part of a slow motion trainwreck that will result in no game and $90 million of squandered idiot bucks

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

ArcaneMan posted:

video

games

esq.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

bump_fn posted:

escapist interviewed a bunch of chris roberts employees anonymously and they slammed his company for mismanagement, racism, toxic work environment etc. roberts replied with an hour-long rant that didn't so much address points as shuffle goalposts, before handing off the pr stuff to his wife who wants to sue escapist for libel and slander and whatever else

notable goon replies include a guy who thinks the article should've been sent to roberts before publishing so he could review and edit it for truth, and a guy who compared it to the press talking about WMDs in iraq

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PipeRifle posted:

my favorite part of Destiny is how it's bad and not fun but also no one wants to play anything else

that thing you don't like? well,

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I just have a limit of loadout sperging and I think something like MGSV is my top limit

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

PipeRifle posted:

It's just that a certain insufferable Destiny player posts 3 times per page in the games thread about practically nothing but Destiny.

destiny

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pinterest Mom posted:

most in-house counsel really aren't "lawyers" as such, at least in Canada :ssh:

they're closer to public defenders/legal aid

case in point: they don't bill hours to research and write letters properly, they just deal with their case loads as quickly as not to get fire breathed on them, usually via paper tiger posturing

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 4, 2015

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

at the date posted:

It's just that a certain insufferable Destiny player posts 3 times per page in the games thread about practically nothing but Destiny.

destiny

nah all my friends just moved to destiny and I don't like the grind

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
freyermuth is a member of the California bar, which doesn't require you to have an aba-accredited law degree

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

freyermuth is a member of the California bar, which doesn't require you to have an aba-accredited law degree

ok?

i'm not sure what you're trying to say about the lawyer who has a german JD and a master of laws from ucla and is a member of the bar and has a law practice

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not a burger 1/5

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

thought it was thundercats for a bit there

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

trap sprung nerds

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

ok?

i'm not sure what you're trying to say about the lawyer who has a german JD and a master of laws from ucla and is a member of the bar and has a law practice
a law practice of which he appears to be the only member, and his bio includes no reference to any case he has worked on or court he has appeared in

a lawyer who is a co-founder of a non-legal-related business and who acts as general counsel for same. providing "legal opinions" where he clearly has a conflict of interest

maybe nothing turns on it. he probably didn't even originally write the letter, although there is tellingly no reference to case law, or even legal principles. but if he was some great German lawyer he wouldn't have had to come to the USA 25 years ago and get an llm, presumably so that he could get on the California bar with his unrecognized law degree

since you ask, i'm saying he seems like a bad lawyer and he probably shouldn't be burnishing himself with "general counsel" and "esq." in a laughable attempt to intimidate online poo poo idiot website the escapist

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 4, 2015

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
al lawyers are trash tho

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bump_fn posted:

al lawyers are trash tho
yeah this too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Quiet physically cannot consume food.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quiet physically cannot consume food.

code talker can, why cant quiet? did i miss something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Awia posted:

code talker can, why cant quiet? did i miss something?

she has to sensually rub it into her boobs to consume

• Locked thread