Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator prelims started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/25/9399765/darrion-caldwell-back-flips-into-bellator-camerawoman

from the bellator prelims

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Sounds credible

Front Rovert Brian

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Arona will be 50 years old and haven't fought in 20 years and there will be still be rumours of "guys he was training this whole time and he's almost got a deal, it's going down!!!!!"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
God I hope Arona is Fedor's NYE opponent

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Starving Joey Beltran is about to fight Kendall Grove. It doesn't get more B-Leagues than this.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sperry did a video interview for Sherdog weeks ago saying Arona had been approached to fight on the nye show but declined as he's recovering from knee surgery. He's been really insistent on not fighting unless he's healthy (so, not fighting) but maybe deep pockets will convince him

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Sperry did a video interview for Sherdog weeks ago saying Arona had been approached to fight on the nye show but declined as he's recovering from knee surgery. He's been really insistent on not fighting unless he's healthy (so, not fighting) but maybe deep pockets will convince him

I'm honestly pretty curious about how deep Sakakibara's pockets could possibly be at this point

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

I'm honestly pretty curious about how deep Sakakibara's pockets could possibly be at this point

I'm sure he lost money on his dumbass soccer team but the word is Fuji TV, former home of the K-1 WGP shows and big boy PRIDE, will be putting their weight behind this. I'm really curious if he truly has fixed his relationship with the tv people somehow or if he's got outside funding.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm sure he lost money on his dumbass soccer team but the word is Fuji TV, former home of the K-1 WGP shows and big boy PRIDE, will be putting their weight behind this. I'm really curious if he truly has fixed his relationship with the tv people somehow or if he's got outside funding.

Both are equally mysterious; given the last eight years of Japanese mma, what could he have possibly said to either get Fuji TV behind it OR get some other rear end in a top hat to pay for it? Sakakibara makes Bernie Madoff look like burnt toast.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

fatherdog posted:

God I hope Arona is Fedor's NYE opponent

the last time arona fought he had his back taken by marvin 'the beastman' eastman, i have no desire to see this

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

fatherdog posted:

IIRC the rumor around Fedor's signing was that Sakakibara had some oil prince's money backing him, which is why they were able to beat out whatever the UFC offered him. I think the figure was 2.5 mil guaranteed.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Skip to 2:36 to see Paul Buentello allowed to legally kill Sokoudjou at last night's Abu Dhabi Warriors event.

http://youtu.be/sAaq_cK83ro

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

El Roncho posted:

Skip to 2:36 to see Paul Buentello allowed to legally kill Sokoudjou at last night's Abu Dhabi Warriors event.

http://youtu.be/sAaq_cK83ro

My friend Max retired a guy in 42 seconds on that card.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
*Sokoudjou knocked out with his lifeless body tangled up in the ropes hanging outside the ring* - Roll him back into the ring so we can continue the fight please

*Sokoudjou is jabbed and he staggers backwards* - THATS IT FIGHTS OVER HES HAD ENOUGH

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Tim Sylvia has now been surpassed in every way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDGWxEdf6Q

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I feel sorry for him

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

individual865 posted:

Tim Sylvia has now been surpassed in every way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDGWxEdf6Q

At first I read this as "passed away."

Then I saw a video of a man who wished that he was dead.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What do they even do in that case? No way the next fighters will be cool with 'ehhh we sprayed it with windex, should be good to go', right? Can they replace the canvas in a timely fashion?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

quote:

Fedor Emelianenko's opponent for his Dec. 31 return fight is expected to be announced at a press conference in Japan on Thursday, however, sources with knowledge of the fight say the new Japanese promotion is targeting Indian-Japanese heavyweight kickboxer Singh Jaideep as his foe.

The 28-year-old Jaideep is 40-10 (1 NC) in kickboxing but just 1-0 in MMA. His lone MMA fight was in June 2013 when he defeated Alireza Tavak at Super Fight League 19. The 2009 K-1 World Grand Prix in Seoul champion hasn't won a kickboxing match since 2011.

The 39-year-old Emelianenko (34-14, 1 NC) recently ended his retirement to sign with former Pride boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara's new promotion, whose name has yet to be announced. One name that has been discussed is Samurai FC, but that has yet to be finalized. That announcement is also expected to come Thursday, along with several more details about the organization.

The promotion will hold three events in three days at the end of the year on Dec. 29, 30 and 31. The main event of the show on Dec. 29 is currently slated to be Shinya Aoki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba in a catchweight bout. All three events are expected to be held at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, with the hope that the Dec. 29 and 31 events will be televised locally on Fuji TV in Japan. The Emelianenko-Jaideep card will air via tape delay in the United States on Spike TV. The promotion is currently planning on only holding two-to-three mega events a year, and they could also feature kickboxing and grappling matches as well.

noo

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Wow, Fedor lost a lot since I last checked...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

really calling out the big names there, Fedor.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

coconono posted:

really calling out the big names there, Fedor.

there is literally no one else for him to fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It's not as if Fedor is saying he's #1 best HW in world anymore though. At this stage in his career it's probably better to think of him more the way that people think of Roy Jones now. Nobody gives Roy Jones poo poo for fighting regional guys and club fighters to make a bit of extra cash and stay active. If Fedor can get paid a literal wheelbarrow full of rubles for crushing a SuperFightLeague can, all the power to him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

there is literally no one else for him to fight.

I'd love to see him crack Tim Sylvia. or fight that James Thompson guy.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I saw Aoki, and it made me think of his Magical Submission Pants. Someone did a whole :effort: post about them:

http://okkimonosblog.com/shinya-aokis-magical-rainbow-submission-pants-a-pictorial-history-of-the-tobikan-judans-grappling-spats-and-tights/

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
God dammit, saku.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
At least Aoki is unlikely to give Saku another concussion.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
loving jaideep hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
actually on reflection, love this matchup. jaideep is the guy misaki brought in to camp when he had to fight tall guys and he taught him some mma. If fedor wins it's classic fedor poo poo and if he loses somehow then it was because of the greatest of all time, kazuo misaki

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Can't wait for Fedor to beat an overmatched scrub kick boxer and all his fans will exclaim FEDOR IS BACK

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
join me in pulling for the white belt Japanese Indian to beat the ultimate racist under the tutelage of a legend

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

join me in pulling for the white belt Japanese Indian to beat the ultimate racist under the tutelage of a legend

I am

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

CommonShore posted:

It's not as if Fedor is saying he's #1 best HW in world anymore though. At this stage in his career it's probably better to think of him more the way that people think of Roy Jones now. Nobody gives Roy Jones poo poo for fighting regional guys and club fighters to make a bit of extra cash and stay active. If Fedor can get paid a literal wheelbarrow full of rubles for crushing a SuperFightLeague can, all the power to him.

I'm with you, but its also worth noting that a wheelbarrow full of ruples is like 100 bucks

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tito Ortiz posted:

The first little exchange and then going for the takedown I went for his legs and his legs felt ... I don't want to say slippery, but just super soft. I just let my arms slide up the side of him and I had to re-shoot again.

A little baby lotion or lotion. He uses a lot of lotion on his legs. Everybody, I mean, not everybody, but most people put lotion on themselves so maybe he put a lot of lotion on prior. He caught me in a submission. He was the better man.

He managed a full 16 days before accusing his opponent of greasing, :ortiz:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
His legs were so greasy he caught me in a reverse triangle

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

"Liam's legs were soft. Smooth. Supple. I couldn't stop my hands from rubbing up and down them. Your honor -"

"I am not a judge."

"Your honor my opponent beat me with unwanted gay thoughts."

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I remember seeing Singh Jaideep knock out Sergei Kharitonov in K1, and Michael Schiavello's commentary implying that it was a really embarrassing loss for Sergei.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I remember seeing Singh Jaideep knock out Sergei Kharitonov in K1, and Michael Schiavello's commentary implying that it was a really embarrassing loss for Sergei.

I wasn't familiar with Singh Jaideep before this, so I watched this fight. Dude's sloppy as gently caress, that was kind of embarrassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_Jaideep#Grappling_record

:v: