Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in kiwi blitz:

that went somewhere unexpected :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Tollymain posted:

today in kiwi blitz:

that went somewhere unexpected :stare:

Huh the old RSS died in April and I figured it was on hiatus. Over 30 "new" pages!

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
So uhh, I dunno if I'm supposed to do this or not but here it goes.

I have a friend who's been working on a comic for quite a bit, and he's not had all that many readers tuning in. It's called Spiral of Nightmares, and it's a horror comic with oddly cutesy characters that's still building up steam towards some big conflict. (he hasn't let on to me what exactly that will be, though.) He mostly doesn't understand how to market his stuff, but i feel like maybe there's other issues? I personally like his art style, but I can definitely see how he needs improvement in form and other things. it can be found here or here.
I guess lemme know what you think of it and I'll relay it back to him.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 2, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Colon Semicolon posted:

I have a friend who's been working on a comic for quite a bit, and he's not had all that many readers tuning in. It's called Spiral of Nightmares, and it's a horror comic with oddly cutesy characters that's still building up steam towards some big conflict. (he hasn't let on to me what exactly that will be, though.) He mostly doesn't understand how to market his stuff, but i feel like maybe there's other issues? I personally like his art style, but I can definitely see how he needs improvement in form and other things. it can be found here or here.
I've barely started into this. To me, It reads like a comic fan-translated to English from another language. While I haven't run into the "adult content" yet, I'm not really looking forward to it. I'll update this post again when I've stopped reading.

edit: I've stopped reading, but I got to the end of the chapter so there's that. For what it's worth, I don't know if the horror presented thus far needs an adult label on it.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 2, 2015

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I really should tell him to change that. there's literally nothing there that deserves that adult rating.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 2, 2015

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Now is the time... for games.

Oh, Alison. :allears:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I'm hoping for Alison to just, completely wreck him in whatever game it is. Just 100% by accident.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm surprised Chloe knew it was an ebon devil -- I definitely thought it was like, the regular bestial one. I wonder what the rules are...I assume "defeat me in combat without harming me" or something equally impossible is against the rules, but who knows! maybe the comic will have eight pages of them playing chess while Operant builds up a buffer :v:

I have to say, as much as "charging headfirst into things" is going to cause problems in the future, I'm equally sure that Allison knew if she went "what's going on? wha bah bluh bluh" like she did in the beginning would result in her turning into a pile of red paste with a gate on top.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I appreciate that he still basically looks like a muppet, just a big gangly terrifying one, like from the Dark Crystal or something. Also that his "cane" was actually his pipe.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
The comments section for that strip has already guessed the most fantastic outcome for the devil's challenge.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I tried to check out the patreon page, saw the sight was down, and then googling pointed me towards this: http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/gigabytes-of-user-data-from-hack-of-patreon-donations-site-dumped-online/???

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SexyBlindfold posted:

The comments section for that strip has already guessed the most fantastic outcome for the devil's challenge.

"Shine in your head" = she hands him a bottle of blonde hair dye? Ahahahahahahaha.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

"Shine in your head" = she hands him a bottle of blonde hair dye? Ahahahahahahaha.

Gulps a shot of rotgut whiskey and spits it in his face.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Punches herself in the eye, then him.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Devil grandpa looks rad, I hope he becomes a party member.

As a sidenote, I saw this cat photo and I thought "K6BD inspiration!":

(Flour.)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Megazver posted:

Devil grandpa looks rad, I hope he becomes a party member.

Well, someone has to teach our hero the terrifying black arts of dread sorcery.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
A couple of pages back, I like that they call it riding the lightning.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Apparently Patreon was compromised. If you use it to support people and are like me don't look at the emails you get very often apparently you should change your passwords and such.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Checking back on Poppy O'Possum after a month of not keeping up is kind of like reaching between the cushions of your couch and pulling out an entire plus size bag of candy. :3:

I am so glad to see this comic updating again.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain Oblivious posted:

Checking back on Poppy O'Possum after a month of not keeping up is kind of like reaching between the cushions of your couch and pulling out an entire plus size bag of candy. :3:

I am so glad to see this comic updating again.

Hover-text for latest page: "Steamy gossip is pretty much the only reason these two continue to be friends."

:ms:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Cat Mattress posted:

Hover-text for latest page: "Steamy gossip is pretty much the only reason these two continue to be friends."

I really like Hallia's reaction.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Somehow I only just noticed Ricky serving as a step stool :vince:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is tapastic's interface so bad

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Some nonsense cutesy scene in Never Satisfied, but I appreciate the bilingual pun (intended or not) in the kitten's name.
Gateau, french for "cake", is phonetically the same as gato or gatto, Spanish/Italian for "cat".

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
theres a cool skeleton in todays girl genius update

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'll be honest, I'd vote Radical after this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I legitimately have no clue where Kin...President Radical is going with all this and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I legitimately have no clue where Kin...President Radical is going with all this and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If that stargate doesn't open up to the Radical Land and let a swarm of helicopter-head ents and other radical creatures through I'll be very disappointed.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Colon Semicolon posted:

You might get better feedback from this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721962

I read through the comic. I started to get really annoyed with how many closeups there were. Seems like there's a lot of exposition as well, which didn't really grab my attention. I am sad that Parappa lives in a nightmare world.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

He's probably planning to use the Stargate to lead a Most Radical Invasion of earth from the radical lands, since his last plan to just overwrite the doc's reality didn't exactly go well.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Well, invasion, or peaceful immigration? President Radical is endearing himself to the world over and acclimatizing them to all things radical. First they came with tiny hippos, and all that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The thing about King Radical is that he's basically Cthulhu. He is not a moral agent as we understand the idea, and when he rises he seeks to remake the world according to his own occult notions of How Things Should Be.

It's just that instead of "fish-people" and "impossible geometries," his aesthetic consists of "things that twelve-year-old boys think are really cool".

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I don't know how it's going to all go down, but I figure the stargate is going to end up leading to the time portal out in space that anti-dinosaur Chuck Goodrich used to go back in time. Because it's always a Chuck that uses the time portal, and President Radical is one of those.

I'm also not totally discounting the idea that since nobody knows his name but him, Dr. McNinja's name is actually Charles Goodrich McNinja or something.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Bird And Moon is a lovely web comic about nature which I don't think has been mentioned yet. It doesn't update very often but it's full of instant classics like this one about turkey vultures.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

qntm posted:

Bird And Moon is a lovely web comic about nature which I don't think has been mentioned yet. It doesn't update very often but it's full of instant classics like this one about turkey vultures.
A goon's spirit animal.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If you like secretary birds giving thumbs-ups, I re-recommend Feral Gentry which is still ongoing.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lily's crushed dreams are breaking my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's still hope! She could become an unregistered super-surgeon like Black Jack! :buddy:

e/ my prescription is... more anime! :kamina:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 11, 2015

• Locked thread