Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Just posted on DW's facebook page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Two 1x4's instead of a 1x8 tile?

I know it saves money but c'mon, Lego. :colbert:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

xzzy posted:

Does it? I mean if they used a 1x8 it'd be roughly the same amount of plastic and halve the amount of those pieces they'd need to produce.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Have fun matching those stickers perfectly. :shepface:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Are you sure they'll be stickers?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

xzzy posted:

It's because it folds open. And I really wish it didn't. I'll probably print a new sticker and use one piece there.

EDIT; Oh, wait, it can't open up. gently caress that then.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 4, 2015

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
How long are the christmas sets generally available for (I mean, obviously after Christmas they're gone but are they sorta limited in that by early November they'll be out or what?), never really interested in them in previous years but both of them this year are pretty nice looking but I also want Wall-E.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

VaultAggie posted:

Have fun matching those stickers perfectly. :shepface:

Has any ideas set used stickers?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

It doesn't save money it makes money. It raises the part count and thus the sale price.
4 sides, probably top and bottom = 16 pieces instead of 8.

Edit to say: And I will buy it anyway. Unless it is a dimensions set...

Edit2: just saw that the Simpsons and Portal Dimension sets were discounted from 29.99 to 24.99 at a local retailers Sunday special already. So I guess there Is a larger margin on these that gives retailers more flexibility with offers.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 4, 2015

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Dogen posted:

Has any ideas set used stickers?

No, actually, at least I don't think so. Fair point. After the fun of trying to match them up perfectly on the mystery machine, I'm a little bitter about it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I mean, I think it does have stickers, they mentioned that on brickfan as well, I was just sort of surprised since as far as I know it's a first.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

PriorMarcus posted:

It's because it folds open. And I really wish it didn't. I'll probably print a new sticker and use one piece there.

Speculation on Reddit is that it opens up, but on the left-facing side. The hinge is on the right side of the picture. The bricks and stickers are split so that all 4 sides are the same.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

If it's not the size of a modular building on the inside I'll be very disappointed.

Seriously though that does look like part of a hinge plate sticking out on the right, but I'm not sure what they're going to do with the inside of a little TARDIS like that. Maybe a microscale control room?

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

thebardyspoon posted:

How long are the christmas sets generally available for

They'll have them all past Christmas. Some of the smaller sets may sell out. I wasn't able to find a specific ornament bauble last year. But if you want the workshop, there's no rush

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Lol the $10 Halloween and thanksgiving diorama sets were sold out online but the store I went to had piles of them

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Aaaaaah! :siren:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What do you guys recon? 50$ or more expensive?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Really depends on the licenses I guess, and how many minifigures. That interior looks pretty nice. I bet some person has already made one from that image, just without that fancy blue panel, don't think I've seen that before.

Poe's X-Wing is really good. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's another nice X-Wing. I'm probably biased, I like X-Wings. If I hadn't introduced a strict "only one full size X-Wing ever" policy I'd be surrounded by the things. As it was, I broke the rule for this one anyway. Only two full sized X-Wings ever, until they bring out another one I really like.

Also BB-8 is very nice, and you also get two pilots with spiffy new helmets and nice detailing on everything, I guess the beardy one with two expressions is Poe. And you get a lizardman of some sort. I like the lizardman a lot. And there's a ladder thingamajig and also what I can only describe as a Space Baggage Handler.

Stickers not too bad, although I've been getting quite a bit of practice with Lego stickers recently. Still got a few wonky stripes here and there though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopper posted:

What do you guys recon? 50$ or more expensive?

Depends how many minifigs come with it. Personally I'm still hoping for all 13 Doctors.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Pirate Ken posted:

They'll have them all past Christmas. Some of the smaller sets may sell out. I wasn't able to find a specific ornament bauble last year. But if you want the workshop, there's no rush

Cheers, yeah I want both the toy workshop and the Santa set with the sleigh and conveyer belt and stuff.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Depends how many minifigs come with it. Personally I'm still hoping for all 13 Doctors.

It's two Daleks, a Weeping Angel, Clara, Eleven and Twelve. Eleven is in his iconic bow tie and tweed, Twelve is in his regeneration/Eleven's Christmas outfit. So, still a reason to buy the dimensions pack figure. No Cyberman either.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
These kind of things really make me wish I enjoyed Dr. Who in some capacity. The set looks neat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

It's two Daleks, a Weeping Angel, Clara, Eleven and Twelve. Eleven is in his iconic bow tie and tweed, Twelve is in his regeneration/Eleven's Christmas outfit. So, still a reason to buy the dimensions pack figure. No Cyberman either.

Where did you get that info from? I've not seen that anywhere else online.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Zodack posted:

These kind of things really make me wish I enjoyed Dr. Who in some capacity. The set looks neat.

Same. A bunch of my friends are basically hyperventilating, and I'm all "Well I mean, I *might* get some. Do you want the minifigs?"

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

It's from the "leak" earlier this year, but the same leak said that we'd get information at the start of September.

edit: I'm pretty sceptical about the leak, mostly because I think it would be kinda dumb to base a new set on an episode that aired almost 2 years ago.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 5, 2015

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

rickiep00h posted:

Same. A bunch of my friends are basically hyperventilating, and I'm all "Well I mean, I *might* get some. Do you want the minifigs?"

I'm indifferent to Dr. Who, but I know I'm going to get a bunch of people asking if we've got it yet.

My favorite misinformed question, though, was one woman who showed me a picture of a recolored modular hotel with Friends minidolls in the picture and asked me if we had the "Love Hotel."

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Where did you get that info from? I've not seen that anywhere else online.

Some guy on Brickset has seen the set and described it remade it in LDD. I was dubious until today when he's model of the one in the official image matched near perfectly.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I was hoping for more, but now I get to enjoy listening to Tennant fans bitch about his exclusion from the set. :allears:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I was hoping for more, but now I get to enjoy listening to Tennant fans bitch about his exclusion from the set. :allears:

F* you how dare you you piece of...hahaha sorry can't keep it up.
I admit Tennant is my favourite but I'll just be the inevitable "regeneration " sets that will come out.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

My cousin just sent me this

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I hope I don't have to buy one of those damned LEGO Dimensions things to get the 12th Doctor's real costume.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I'll end up buying it, I'm sure, but that set feels underwhelming.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

TheMadMilkman posted:

I'll end up buying it, I'm sure, but that set feels underwhelming.

It is a little. The Daleks look a bit rubbish especially.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I've only seen a couple episodes of Doctor Who but I hope they do a set with the skeleton astronauts.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

It is a little. The Daleks look a bit rubbish especially.

Yeah they seem really kinda rushed

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I think another part of the problem here is most Lego Ideas sets have felt like showpieces rather than regular-line playsets (Research Lab and Exosuit might be exceptions?). I'm not going to lie and say I don't play with my toys, but I do like them to look good on a shelf.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The 11 minifig with the tweed printed on the legs looks awful. Combined with the poo poo build and the strange choice to put 12 in a costume he only wore once, I may end up passing on this one. Shame.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That is a little underwhelming, I'm not going to lie.

Also, it's interesting that the Daleks' design is different from that in the Dimensions fun pack.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Dimensions one is tubby and worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

More set pics here: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-doctor-who-21304-officially-revealed/