Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
If the number doesn't work for you, try leaving the K off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Nah, when he released his version he retroactively made it entirely his.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mo0 posted:

Nah, when he released his version he retroactively made it entirely his.

Yeah Johnny Cash slayed that song. He and Elton John's "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" are the only two songs I know of that absolutely beat the gently caress out of the already great originals.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
With the number you have to leave the K off if your dial it with the 1 in the front. If you just start with 844 then you can just follow it with MORERICK.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Krinkle posted:

It's a real phone number. I called it. Press one for rick. press two for morty. Just kidding your buttons do nothing. Please tell us what you think of season two at the beep.

Is everyone assuming a phone number is fake or did you not dial 1 first or what the hell? it's real as hell.

I dialed the whole number, 1 included, and it didn't work. Leaving the K off works.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

Sure, I just have no idea who he was

Arin was probably the cyborg photographer

DieMonsterDie
Feb 3, 2012
I just got off of it. It's basically an answering machine. The two numbers do nothing, but if you listen to the whole message it will allow you to leave a message for the creators of the show. It's pretty great!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Arin was probably the cyborg photographer

Sorry, I am not staring at you. I am taking your mugshot.

I really hope next season starts with a jailbreak, but I guess we'll just have to wait like a year and a half to find out :smith:

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Mavric posted:

oooo wee

hwooo wee

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I left the dorkiest message possible, and asked Justin to add me on Steam, and Dan to do another live HarmonTown in Philly or NYC. I hope by some slim chance Justin adds me so I can play something with him and hear Rick berate me live.

The bug soldiers were from the pilot right? And weren't some of the aliens, such as the newscasters, Andy Daly's character's species? Killing off Daly's character was probably the worst thing in the season; it was a total waste of potential for future cameos. Also, did no one notice that the guest stars were Battlestar Galactica's James Callis and Tricia Helfer? Callis was definitely Tammy's dad, and Helfer was almost certainly the anti-depressant bot. It'd make sense if Helfer was Tammy's mom too, but I don't think she was.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 5, 2015

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

mclast posted:

hwooo wee

r-r-remember that?!?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
gently caress, that was amazing. gently caress.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

It didn't sound quite right to me though. But listening to it again, it seems like it was the actual song.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Human Crouton posted:

We must remember that there are infinite Ricks also. One rick arrested by the federation in one dimension means that any Rick can be arrested in any dimensions. The Ricks will see the writing on the wall. They won't stand for this.

I can see the show using the Council of Ricks as a way to resolve Rick's situation, but them just breaking Rick out seems too much of a deus ex machina. Maybe they're out to conquer the multiverse and Rick gets offered a pardon in exchange for helping to stop them.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Here's my meaningless rankings for the season.

10) Auto-Erotic Assimiliation
09) Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate
08) Big Trouble in Little Sanchez
07) Get Schwifty
06) A Rickle in Time
05) Total RIckall
04) The Wedding Squanchers
03) Mortynight Run
02) Look Who's Purging Now
01) The Ricks Must Be Crazy

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Insect Court posted:

I can see the show using the Council of Ricks as a way to resolve Rick's situation, but them just breaking Rick out seems too much of a deus ex machina. Maybe they're out to conquer the multiverse and Rick gets offered a pardon in exchange for helping to stop them.

It is a deus ex machina, but if there are enough consequences then then a deus ex machina can be a good thing.

Let's say the The Council of Ricks breaks Rick out at the expense of there being no more tans-dementional travel. That would be an acceptable reason to use that route, and create the tension that every Rick is on his own. It would hurt the aura of the show, but that's already been done by this episode.

No matter what happens, I love this show for writing itself into corner in a world that has no corners. They know that to get themselves out of this; they have to gently caress something up.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

It is a deus ex machina, but if there are enough consequences then then a deus ex machina can be a good thing.

Let's say the The Council of Ricks breaks Rick out at the expense of their being no more tans-demntional travel. That would be an acceptable reason to use that route. It would hurt the aura of the show, but that's already been done by this episode.

No matter what happens, I love this show for writing itself into corner in a world that has nor corners. They know that to get themselves out of this; they have to gently caress something up.

Well, there is that little bit with all the ricks in the spaceship in the opening credits. That might be a clip from Part 2?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Wow, that was a thing. A heavy thing.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

That was a hell of a finale. Big game changer and like Mr. Poopy Butthole said, really leaves you loving excited to see how they get out of this mess! Boy howdy!

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Seconding really appreciating the Mr. poopy Butthole post credits because that was some intense poo poo and really helped break the heaviness and remind you its still a funny cartoon show.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
There is nothing funny about what happened to my Bird Person.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Mavric posted:

There is nothing funny about what happened to my Bird Person.

I don't think he's dead. I know he got shot 400 times, but hey, so did Jerry.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Welp, See you all in a year and a half.

Or longer.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

Asterios posted:

I don't think he's dead. I know he got shot 400 times, but hey, so did Jerry.

I hope not, he was still twitching when the scene cut, which is also better than how Jerry ended.

Edit: Also, is Squanchy basically Gnar from LoL? Though I'm sure that type of character has happened before that. Someone said that Zeep's mech was inspired by dota, so why not other games.

Mavric fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 5, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Or longer.

Holy poo poo, imagine what this thread will be turn into during that break. Look at how bad it gets in the weekly break between episodes and then multiply that out by 18 months :stonk:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Brightman posted:

What's wrong with cobs?

Why didn't they just go to an alternate universe where Rick wasn't a wanted criminal?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Away all Goats posted:

Why didn't they just go to an alternate universe where Rick wasn't a wanted criminal?

I really hope this is a joke question and not a fundamental misunderstanding of how a television show needs to have stakes

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Or longer.

I wish that was a joke.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Were Tammy's parents played by Gaius Baltar and Caprica 6?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Broken Loose posted:

Yyyyyyyup.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5A5Mb__fiA

interdimensional customs

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Broken Loose posted:

Yeah, spotted that right away and then the credits confirmed it. James Callis has a very distinct voice.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Council of Ricks could go through alternate universes to catch Rick C-137, no doubt the Galactic Federation could do the same.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

I thought she only did the anti-depressant bot, either though it would make a lot more sense for her to have voiced James Callis' character's wife. Tammy's mom didn't sound that much like her, but she easily could've just been doing a different voice since that's what voice acting is...

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
So uh.... what's exactly wrong with Cob Planet?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Lareine posted:

So uh.... what's exactly wrong with Cob Planet?

Because cobs.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Thought they knocked every episode out of the park this season except Get Schwifty and Look Who's Purging Now. Can't wait to see what they do next year

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
not sure how i'd rank the episodes at the moment, other than having 'total rickall' near the top and 'big trouble in little sanchez' near the bottom

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Nichael posted:

I thought she only did the anti-depressant bot, either though it would make a lot more sense for her to have voiced James Callis' character's wife. Tammy's mom didn't sound that much like her, but she easily could've just been doing a different voice since that's what voice acting is...

Nope, Tammy's mother was definitely Tricia Helfer (and they were even drawn to look like them), which made it even funnier when they turned out to be skinjob robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Away all Goats posted:

He blew up his portal gun and he couldn't go back to Earth to create another and the Federation controls all the non-Rick interdimensional portals. The show also established that there was a limited amount of times he can take the place of some other Rick and unless the rest of the family had coincidentally all died in that universe they still wouldn't be able to go back to their normal lives.

• Locked thread