Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Everything I'm reading says those are really bass heavy. I'd rather have something more neutral, even if it means I risk ruining them.

$80 fits within my definition of "disposable," anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
That seems somewhat ridiculous to me but alright go nuts the RE400s are very good headphones.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Are these Sennheisers a good deal at $25? I am currently using a pair of Limitless Creations HP3BK after someone in this thread posted that they had just come out, and they seem to be fine, but are kind of uncomfortable.

I might just wait and get an actually decent pair at some point, I don't really feel the need to upgrade right now.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

Are these Sennheisers a good deal at $25? I am currently using a pair of Limitless Creations HP3BK after someone in this thread posted that they had just come out, and they seem to be fine, but are kind of uncomfortable.

I might just wait and get an actually decent pair at some point, I don't really feel the need to upgrade right now.

They're so lightweight and comfortable that you could forget you're wearing them. Isolation is good. Midrange is great, overall a smooth tone. Treble is balanced, but on the other end, anything with too much bass at a high volume will cause distortion. Fantastic for low-medium level listening. I've had a couple pairs of these, which I've given away as gifts and they're pleasant to listen to. Absolutely worth 25bux.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Stan Taylor posted:

I just checked :canada: newegg and they're selling for $79 :argh:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Not specifically headphones, but headphone related.
DIY headphone stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBD_CPyqq0

Also it cameos Adam from mythbusters, which is pretty loving cool.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

So, my Plantronics GameCom Commander limited edition started to crap out over the last few days. I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who said that these units arent being made anymore (i knew that part.)
Under a Warranty replacement, the ONLY option the guy said they had was the Plantronics BackBeat Pro

My question is, does this seem like a reasonable replacement to you guys or should i call and try for something different? I dont have a bluetooth reciever on my computer but the headset has a wired port connector and cable with an inline mic so i can just grab a smart device -> pc mic/headphone splitter cable for a few bucks. I just have no idea how well in line mics actually work as ive never used one before.

It is kinda cool that it has a dual mode for easy switching and i could use it with my phone without problems, but im still on the fence with being pushed towards, potentially, a lesser product for my purposes (almost entirely gaming). Anyone have any experience with them versus a high quality gaming headset?

edit: Also, ive never used a wireless headset before. All my previous ones were wired, usually around the $100-ish price point current-gen highest rated for that price range Logitech headsets.

e2: dont have to get a splitter after all. one came with this turtle beach z11 backup headset i got with a woot mystery box. and man.. the sound quality isnt terrible on these backups but they are nowhere near the quality of the GameCom Commander.

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 23, 2015

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

grimcreaper posted:

So, my Plantronics GameCom Commander limited edition started to crap out over the last few days. I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who said that these units arent being made anymore (i knew that part.)
Under a Warranty replacement, the ONLY option the guy said they had was the Plantronics BackBeat Pro

My question is, does this seem like a reasonable replacement to you guys or should i call and try for something different? I dont have a bluetooth reciever on my computer but the headset has a wired port connector and cable with an inline mic so i can just grab a smart device -> pc mic/headphone splitter cable for a few bucks. I just have no idea how well in line mics actually work as ive never used one before.

It is kinda cool that it has a dual mode for easy switching and i could use it with my phone without problems, but im still on the fence with being pushed towards, potentially, a lesser product for my purposes (almost entirely gaming). Anyone have any experience with them versus a high quality gaming headset?

edit: Also, ive never used a wireless headset before. All my previous ones were wired, usually around the $100-ish price point current-gen highest rated for that price range Logitech headsets.

e2: dont have to get a splitter after all. one came with this turtle beach z11 backup headset i got with a woot mystery box. and man.. the sound quality isnt terrible on these backups but they are nowhere near the quality of the GameCom Commander.

If you want whatever's the highest quality (and you prefer a headset), I'd honestly just take whatever has the highest retail value and then flipping it on eBay, and buying a separate headphone alongside a stick-on mic like the Modmic.

BitesizedNike fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 23, 2015

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah... just looked over their stuff and talked to another CS rep, the Backbeat Pro is the only thing they will replace it with. Makes me think a new model is on the way out or something.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
What are people's thoughts on entry level STAX? Specifically srs-2170, which you can get for under $500 now.

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Budget - $150
Source - Desktop or my android.
Isolation Requirements - I'll be using these at work.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM
Past Headphones - HiFiMan He-400, Grado 225, Senn HD650, Sony XB1000, Vmoda M100, AKG 701
Music - Metal/Hair Metal/Hard Rock

I've recently moved to a new office and they're pretty friendly towards working with earphones. I've got a little experience with full size headphones, but know nothing about IEMs. I'm ideally looking for something in the $100 range, but I'm willing to go up to about $150 if there is something Metal friendly that's going to wow me. (Grado doesn't make IEMs do they? :allears:)

Thanks!

Nyarlathotep
May 29, 2003
I'm looking for a headset with a decent/good microphone for streaming/recording (probably some voice chat to0). I know a pair of stand alone headphones and a separate mic would be better, but I've got no good place to mount a mic.

What's your best recommendation in the $80 or under range (a little over is doable, but I'm trying to protect my wallet). Wired by preference, over the ear as well.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Anything wrong with the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x? Need a replacement headset for my computer which I mostly use for gaming and the occasional movie. Also I don't actually know what amps do but it comes with one basically for free so that's nice.

Also, any recommendation for a clip on microphone? Or a cheap standalone mic?

amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVLUR86?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

e: fixed link

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 26, 2015

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

The Iron Rose posted:

Anything wrong with the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x? Need a replacement headset for my computer which I mostly use for gaming and the occasional movie. Also I don't actually know what amps do but it comes with one basically for free so that's nice.

amazon link: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x

The ATH-M50x is a fine choice for it's budget. The Antlion ModMic is an okay mic and easily clips on to your headphone. However, even a basic USB mic like the Audio Technica ATR2100 is in another league compared to it. If you can deal with a boom arm on your desk, I'd highly recommend it over any clip on mic.

On a side note, I'm assuming you're getting some package deal — what's the amp that comes with it? More than likely the amp is going to do very little for your setup, as the ATH-M50x isn't a very demanding headphone.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Slowhanded posted:

The ATH-M50x is a fine choice for it's budget. The Antlion ModMic is an okay mic and easily clips on to your headphone. However, even a basic USB mic like the Audio Technica ATR2100 is in another league compared to it. If you can deal with a boom arm on your desk, I'd highly recommend it over any clip on mic.

On a side note, I'm assuming you're getting some package deal — what's the amp that comes with it? More than likely the amp is going to do very little for your setup, as the ATH-M50x isn't a very demanding headphone.

the M-Audio Bass Traveler Portable Powered Headphone Amplifier. Literally came for free with the headphones, and being able to plug in two headsets at once sounds cool and potentially useful.

Still not sure what else amplifiers actually do though. Let you turn up the volume?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

The Iron Rose posted:

Still not sure what else amplifiers actually do though. Let you turn up the volume?

Think of the headphone as two miniature speakers you put on your head and its a bit more clear. Many high-end headphones require a great deal of power to run at peak volumes — and an amp is what supplies that. A good amp will do so with minimal loss in quality. The ATH-M50x is not a headphone that requires a great deal of power, so this is a relatively fruitless use for it. You can still plug it in, it won't explode or burn your house — though it may not be a great idea.

I'm going to assume you're using headphones for a digital source (e.g., a computer), which is the bigger issue to consider down the road. Understand that an amplifier is always limited to merely amplifying the sources it is being fed — it can do nothing to actually improve the source in the first place. It makes a lot of sense (assuming one is upgrading components one at a time) to upgrade sources that have a large impact on sound, regardless of whether your headphones need an amp or not.

One such component is the DAC, or the Digital-to-Audio converter. A DAC converts the sound data from your digital device into an analog signal, which your headphone can use. If you have a plug for headphones or speakers on your computer, you already have a built-in DAC! But generally it's not great, though onboard sound devices have gotten drastically better in the past decade (Hence why sound cards sales have taken a nosedive). Having a quality, discrete DAC is a great step in improving the quality of the signal path from sources to your headphones.

This is all really moot since you're getting an amp for free, but it's just words to chew on for the future. The bottom line is, just think of the amp as a free gift. Had the retail value been higher I would have suggested to flip it on eBay separately, but at this price level, you might as well just keep it; just don't hope that it will be some radical difference! At most it will get you higher volumes, at worst it will get you higher volumes with less quality.

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!

The Iron Rose posted:

amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVLUR86?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

They've been packaging those headphones with a bunch of stuff recently.

If you haven't already placed the order here's a deal for those headphones and a Blue Yeti mic for $200 which is everything you need and you're ending up with a super high quality mic for less than half price. The mic also works as a DAC, so you can plug your headphones into it and use the volume control on the front of the mic instead of adjusting it with the windows sliders (which is really nice for gaming).

Xires
Jun 28, 2013

Think I posted in this thread before for a pair of headphones, but I've gotten a decent pair since then (Takstar Hi2050s). However, I'm kind of stumped as to what DAC/Amp combo I will want to buy, considering the impedance on these headphones are 60Ω, unless that's not REALLY necessary. Was thinking of a Behringer UCA202 because it's cheap and has RCA inputs in case I needed to plug in a receiver, but the FiiO E10k seems to be the big name for people that don't feel like doing the searching around. If anybody can give suggestions under $125 CAD, let me know.

Xires fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 27, 2015

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

How do they stack up to K240's?

Sorry, never heard those, but I'm pretty sure I've read some comparisons on head-fi where the AKG come out on top. They cost more than three times as much as the Superlux (where I live, at least), so not exactly a fair fight.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Pursus posted:

They've been packaging those headphones with a bunch of stuff recently.

If you haven't already placed the order here's a deal for those headphones and a Blue Yeti mic for $200 which is everything you need and you're ending up with a super high quality mic for less than half price. The mic also works as a DAC, so you can plug your headphones into it and use the volume control on the front of the mic instead of adjusting it with the windows sliders (which is really nice for gaming).

So has Adorama. I just got a pair of m70x packaged with a focusrite scarlett and samson mic for about $330

The Iron Rose posted:

I've seen nothing but good reviews on those m50x. For the money, they look tough to beat (if you want a closed back headphone).
If you want an uncomplicated but decent mic I'd recommend the Blue Yeti or Blue Yeti Pro.

Amps make things louder. Tube amps make things louder and sound a little different. People usually use tube amps to add warmth or depth. Particularly people who use monitors which are very analytical headphones that have a more flat sound curve.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 28, 2015

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Has anyone used soundprofessionals.com to mod their ATH-M50s? About a year and a half ago I accidentally bought the ones with the 11 foot straight cable that is way too long to ever take them outside. They'll make it into a 4 foot detachable cable for about $50, which is a lot cheaper than buying either the M50s with the coiled cable or the M50Xs. I just don't know if they're to be trusted or if there's other sites out there. I don't really trust myself enough to DIY it, plus I don't have the tools.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Monday_ posted:

Has anyone used soundprofessionals.com to mod their ATH-M50s? About a year and a half ago I accidentally bought the ones with the 11 foot straight cable that is way too long to ever take them outside. They'll make it into a 4 foot detachable cable for about $50, which is a lot cheaper than buying either the M50s with the coiled cable or the M50Xs. I just don't know if they're to be trusted or if there's other sites out there. I don't really trust myself enough to DIY it, plus I don't have the tools.

I can't imagine a company would be desperate enough to scam for $150 over the internet, with mailing address and everything. Unless they asked for cash-only, I think you're in the clear.

That said, $50 is indeed highway robbery for cord shortening, but I don't see you having many other options.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Monday_ posted:

Braid your goddamned cable yourself. It takes 10 minutes tops, and that's only if you have two working fingers on each hand.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

grack posted:

Braid your goddamned cable yourself. It takes 10 minutes tops, and that's only if you have two working fingers on each hand.

I didn't know that was a thing you could do. Now my cable is shorter and my wallet not poorer. Thanks.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
So I work at a call center and was recently promoted to a position where most of my day is spent listening to other peoples calls with customers. It's vastly recommended to bring in our own headphones/earbuds for use in this, although the price isn't covered by the company. We're in a pretty quiet section of the building so noise-cancellation or isolation is a plus but not required, and they aren't being used for music or anything so there will probably be very little noise escaping the headphones. Not really looking for anything super high end, we use prebuilt computers that don't have the greatest soundcards. Comfort is the main issue since I'll be wearing these for 8 hours a day every day(not a fan of anything in-ear), but there will be a lot of barely understandable English as well so clarity for voices is also key, and the louder they can get the better(although a portable amplifier is acceptable for that purpose as long as it doesn't run off usb/plug power(colleagues use this thing)). Just wanted to see if you had any good suggestions.

Budget - Up to $150
Preferred Type of Headphone - Prefer over-ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Vocal
Past Headphones - HD681 EVO, like the comfort.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 30, 2015

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

My Meelectronics m9's are falling apart, and I need a new set of in-ears for biking/work. I've been using IEM's a LOT lately, for podcasts and music, which can be anything from EDM to metal and jazz. Time to get something nice!

They need to be
-durable (will see anywhere from 40 minutes to two hours use a day)
-isolating, and comfortable, not something that's constantly slipping out.
-relatively neutral or warm. I don't want to strain my hearing with crazy treble or bass. Although if it has to be one, bass is preferable.

I had some Shure's (112s?) a while ago which I really liked. So I'm considering the SE215 now, which seems to fit my requirements. Any other suggestions? I'm in Denmark which limits the options somewhat.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Fruits of the sea posted:

I had some Shure's (112s?) a while ago which I really liked. So I'm considering the SE215 now, which seems to fit my requirements. Any other suggestions? I'm in Denmark which limits the options somewhat.
Hei danske!

I have a pair of SE215s which I would not give up for anything to stick inside my ears at this point. Though I am a primarily over-ear user so the SE215 are my backups for when it's too hot out for over-ear. Just make sure you find a reseller down i det danske land that doesn't mark them up by way too loving much. I got mine at 100$ here in Norway and that turned out to be a steal.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fruits of the sea posted:

My Meelectronics m9's are falling apart, and I need a new set of in-ears for biking/work. I've been using IEM's a LOT lately, for podcasts and music, which can be anything from EDM to metal and jazz. Time to get something nice!

They need to be
-durable (will see anywhere from 40 minutes to two hours use a day)
-isolating, and comfortable, not something that's constantly slipping out.
-relatively neutral or warm. I don't want to strain my hearing with crazy treble or bass. Although if it has to be one, bass is preferable.

Surely they sell Sennheisers in Denmark.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Budget: $400
Type: Over Ear - Unless earbuds are actually legit
Listening on laptop (macbook - does this matter? i really dk) and iPhone. I don't want to buy an amp or anything
Music: Hip hop. I don't watch movies or shoes on my laptop or phone or video games.
Ideally pretty drat comfortable, got kind of a big head

They won't leave the house unless for a flight but I'd likely just use cheap earbuds so whatever

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Budget: $400
Type: Over Ear - Unless earbuds are actually legit
Listening on laptop (macbook - does this matter? i really dk) and iPhone. I don't want to buy an amp or anything
Music: Hip hop. I don't watch movies or shoes on my laptop or phone or video games.
Ideally pretty drat comfortable, got kind of a big head

They won't leave the house unless for a flight but I'd likely just use cheap earbuds so whatever

I like my Sony MDR-1R a lot, they're efficient enough to not need an amp and super comfortable. The MDR-1A is the replacement model and supposedly sounds a bit better but no 3-button remote which the 1R does have.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Fellow Goons,

I need your help because apparently I don't have a head. Instead, there's a HUGE bucket attached to the top of my neck...

My Denon AHD2000 finally said "screw you and your constant abuse", so I had to start looking for a replacement. So far I've tried:
- Denon AH-MM400
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK
- Bowers & Wilkins P7
- Mad Dog

And they were all way too small and occasionally also really hot (Mad Dog). I guess more and more manufacturers are trying to accommodate "mobile" listeners, while I'm only going to use them at home, so a chance of them falling off is limited.

I also tested AKG K712 but while they felt and sounded great, my wife informed me that open cans are not an option...

That said, could you please recommend decent headphones that:
- Don't cost more than 300-400 USD?
- Are closed.
- Have a lot of room for ears (and are over-ear).
- And will fit my mutant head?

I'm primarily using headphones when playing games. Secondary use - movies & music (variety of genres). I'm wearing glasses and can have them on for 5-6 hours, so comfort is a really big deal for me.

Thank you kindly.

Unexpected fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 2, 2015

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

Unexpected posted:

Fellow Goons,

I need your help because apparently I don't have a head. Instead, there's a HUGE bucket attached to the top of my neck...

My Denon AHD2000 finally said "screw you and your constant abuse", so I had to start looking for a replacement. So far I've tried:
- Denon AH-MM400
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK
- Bowers & Wilkins P7
- Mad Dog

And they were all way too small and occasionally also really hot (Mad Dog). I guess more and more manufacturers are trying to accommodate "mobile" listeners, while I'm only going to use them at home, so a chance of them falling off is limited.

I also tested AKG K712 but while they felt and sounded great, my wife informed me that open cans are not an option...

That said, could you please recommend decent headphones that:
- Don't cost more than 300-400 USD?
- Are closed.
- Have a lot of room for ears (and are over-ear).
- And will fit my mutant head?

I'm primarily using headphones when playing games. Secondary use - movies & music (variety of genres). I'm wearing glasses and can have them on for 5-6 hours, so comfort is a really big deal for me.

Thank you kindly.

Standard recs around $300 are the sennheiser momentum, Nad viso hp50, and Vmoda m100, but you'll probably find the first two too small and the latter too hot. For $400, you can get pretty much the second best closed headphone around, the oppo pm3, which should be plenty comfy, are closed, etc. If you want to blow the budget, the shure 1540 are
basically the best closed headphones on the market and are very comfy at $500. Can't guarantee they'll fit you well, but hope that helps

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

Hei danske!

I have a pair of SE215s which I would not give up for anything to stick inside my ears at this point. Though I am a primarily over-ear user so the SE215 are my backups for when it's too hot out for over-ear. Just make sure you find a reseller down i det danske land that doesn't mark them up by way too loving much. I got mine at 100$ here in Norway and that turned out to be a steal.

Mange tak! I found one for 118$ including shipping, which isn't too bad. Now the waiting game begins. I may have to buy a cheapo interim pair of IEMs, the Meelectronics' one remaining functioning earbud's wire is stripped.

Josh Lyman posted:

Surely they sell Sennheisers in Denmark.

They sure do, although german hi-fi stuff is surprisingly expensive at times. Apparently AIAIAI is a Danish company though.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.

absolem posted:

Standard recs around $300 are the sennheiser momentum, Nad viso hp50, and Vmoda m100, but you'll probably find the first two too small and the latter too hot. For $400, you can get pretty much the second best closed headphone around, the oppo pm3, which should be plenty comfy, are closed, etc. If you want to blow the budget, the shure 1540 are
basically the best closed headphones on the market and are very comfy at $500. Can't guarantee they'll fit you well, but hope that helps

Thank you!

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I want to get some USB headphones for my gaming computer because all of the analog headphone jacks on it are a little wonky and keep cutting out the right channel when the cables move. I did some quick research and the Logitech G35 headphones ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O5CCQK/ ) seem like a Good Enough choice for my needs, which are limited to sitting at my desk, playing computer games, and listening to music and movies.

Is there a reason I should not buy Logitech G35 headphones?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Would I get noticeably better sound/clarity going from a behringer microamp ha400 to an schiit magni 2 using a pair of hd 558's?

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

Harminoff posted:

Would I get noticeably better sound/clarity going from a behringer microamp ha400 to an schiit magni 2 using a pair of hd 558's?

Probably not

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Do you hear noticeable noise/crackling from your existing amp or are you hitting its limit (clipping at high volumes)? If not, the answer is no.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

My Senn HD 598s lost sound in the right ear cup Friday night. I noticed it after I woke up on Saturday. I don't know if something came loose inside but nothing seems damaged on the outside. From looking up claims on google it seems they have a fairly decent rating with warranty satisfaction, and since I bought these in January I should be more than okay. Does anybody have personal experience with Sennheiser and repair/warranty claims? Just want to know if I'm in for a long haul of a wait or if they're fairly expedient.

Also, unrelated but related, I hear weird static and crackling from my headphones / speakers every now and then. This house is old as gently caress and I'm plugged into a grounded outlet so I really don't know what could be causing that kind of thing. Maybe the fact that this house is 100 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

possible interference from your cell phone. happens near any of the speakers at my work place. phone about 3 feet from them makes them emit wierd crackles every time the tower/phone do pings back and forth, or when getting texts. try putting your phone right next to one of the speakers.