Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dedekind
Sep 6, 2003

The blasphemer, uncontrite, must be punished mightily.

LightWarden posted:

Some stuff has been moved to ENWorld, but it's never too early to move more.

Huh, somebody actually bothered to save my guides. Nice of them.

Bit late, but early paragon is really when battleminds come into their own. If you want a decent mobile build, go Quicksilver Demon (to ignore opportunity attacks) with Speed of Thought and Lightning Rush. Other powers are up to you, but either Twisted Eye or Conductive Defense are solid defender powers (Twisted Eye on a Lightning Rush build means you don't really need to worry about dealing with your crappy MBA), while Lodestone Lure is one of favourite "DM hates me" powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Thanks for the replies, I'll see if I can remote into his computer and figure out what's going on.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Pfox posted:

Here's my system:

1. Run DDISETUP2009April in administrator mode. Install to default path (assuming "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizards of the Coast\Character Builder" )
2. Run Character_Builder_Update_Oct_2010 in administrator mode. Change path to match that of step one (usually "...\Program Files (x86)\" )
3. Run CBLoader-1.3-Setup in administrator mode - Set first path to installed path from step 1 and second path to your preference
4. Create 'custom' folder in Character Builder Path from step 1
5. Copy contents of 'custom' folder in this directory to directory created in step 4
6. Create shortcut to CBLoader.exe on desktop

--

To Run - Launch CB Loader shortcut in administrator mode

Important to keep in mind is that the Oct_2010 update auto-fills the location with Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Alternately, just don't put it under program files at all.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Echophonic posted:

Important to keep in mind is that the Oct_2010 update auto-fills the location with Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Alternately, just don't put it under program files at all.

Quit right. I tried to allude to that I my path names. Was there ever a November update?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The updater I have doesn't specify when it updates to, but it does allow me to install to wherever I want. I've never gotten the CB to load from Program Files.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo guys, what are some of the more interesting DnD monsters for a low level campaign? I've kind got a basic story line in my head, but I want some cool monsters. I'm pretty new to DnD lore, (I've kind of always just done my own thing, and I've never read the Monster Manual unless I already knew what I wanted.)

Like... I just learned about Beholders a week ago.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Usually what you meet at low levels are creatures like goblins, kobolds, orcs, hobgoblins and assorted undead. All of them are some variety of "savage marauders" by default, just for different reasons. Goblins fight because they're the hobgoblins' footpads, hobgoblins want to conquer, orcs want to destroy. Kobolds are usually seen as naive and fairly weak little creatures that are surprisingly deadly in numbers and terribly crafty, and therefore slightly more interesting (more often than not they're comic relief though). Honestly, low level monsters, or even basically all humanoid enemies, aren't what I'd call super interesting from a lore perspective.

What's the storyline? If no one existing class of monster is a good fit, you can always reflavour them into your own. Maybe the kingdom is besieged by crystal monsters, and their artillery and skirmisher types are kobold slingers and goblin quickblades with the description crossed out and overwritten.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 26, 2015

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Yo guys, what are some of the more interesting DnD monsters for a low level campaign? I've kind got a basic story line in my head, but I want some cool monsters. I'm pretty new to DnD lore, (I've kind of always just done my own thing, and I've never read the Monster Manual unless I already knew what I wanted.)

Like... I just learned about Beholders a week ago.

Low level D&D monsters that are iconic (and stupid) include displacer beasts, blink dogs (technically they're good), any of the D&D evil humanoids (several flavors of undead), gelatenous cubes, and OWLBEARS.

Now, not all of these are actually low level in 4th edition, but you can use the description and flavor of an OWLBEAR (a level 8 elite brute) but use the stats of any other brute (elite or not) of any level and things should work out.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I kind of went with an old Cliche.

We've got a continent and 3 islands, the continent is seperated by a huge mountain range. One half is filled with racist human / Dwarf / Elf types (so Semi-Passable for human,) who treat everyone else like poo poo. People flee through the mountain pass to get to the other half of the continent, and the find the place over crowded. My group is being hired by the racists to figure out why people are disappearing from villages OR to investigate Border Fort Fires. They're fully expected to die on this mission, (the King's clerk will state it outright,) but there's a fair chunk of change if they are able to do the job. They have to do an interview then they're assigned to a group, and they pick a name.

They'll find out that either A.) Goblin Kidnappers (Poison Scales that I've changed the name on,) are kidnapping men from the villages to work in Slave Camps in the mountain range, to try and create a non-dwarf approved passage to help get people in and out of the Racist Continent.

or

B.) If they decide to do the Border Fort Job, they'll find out the fires are done by an Orc + Worg band blowing poo poo up and stealing troop movements papers and stuff.

Both will lead to their little camp, where they can find out a tiny part of Main Dude's plan. (Which is basically "Sic Semper Tyrranis" scrawled hastily onto a scroll.)

Oh yeah, and some point during the interview, The group's interview will be broken by a bunch of non-humans (I haven't thought of a good classification yet,) who bust in and act like dicks. They'll get the job mostly through threatening the clerk. The B-Team, will be a minotaur, a warforged, a bullywug, a tiefling, and a Human.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Essentials version of the 4e Starter Set is now available from DTRPG

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Oh man so I managed to find the Monster Vault book at some random book store online for $25 so I snapped it up. Arrived today and it turns out of was an open but otherwise pristine and unused entire box set :buddy:. The tokens haven't even been punched out!

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Wait, I have one of those....opened, but complete with tokens unpunched, and including the module....I could sell just the book for $25? The whole thing only cost $30, is it hard to find or something? How much is it worth?

St0rmD fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 4, 2015

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

St0rmD posted:

Wait, I have one of those....opened, but complete with tokens unpunched, and including the module....I could sell just the book for $25? The whole thing only cost $30, is it hard to find or something? How much is it worth?

$90 for the book alone on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Vault-Essential-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/0786956313/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443935250&sr=8-1&keywords=monster+vault

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

okay, yeah that's a thing I guess, but is it selling for that price, I just checked the sold listings on ebay and $50 seems a more realistic price to clear the market. I still want to keep mine, because when my son's old enough for D&D I might bring him up on 4e (daddy's favorite edition).

e: Also it's got a badass loving Owlbear on the cover.

St0rmD fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 4, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So a player found a Direwolf pen that Goblins were using. She also finds some blade spiders and giant lizards.

She goes "I'mma tame that bitch."

So I give her a DC of 30 and let her roll Nature.

She rolls a 20, so now she has a direwolf companion as an Ardent.

How... How do Mounts work? I know nothing about them, is it an extra character she takes on her turn, or should I just have her multi-class into Ranger for a companion animal or... We play again next week and I'm at a loss.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

It's been a long time since I've run 4e but.

If I recall correctly a mount is not an extra character, but rather a creature that has, at most, one extra power that the player can use instead of their own. Basically you get increased movement rate and a single cool power that the monster can use (but it uses the player's action). You have to find mounts in the monster manuals to get a feel for it. There might be a feat you need to get into it?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Turtlicious posted:

So a player found a Direwolf pen that Goblins were using. She also finds some blade spiders and giant lizards.

How... How do Mounts work? I know nothing about them, is it an extra character she takes on her turn, or should I just have her multi-class into Ranger for a companion animal or... We play again next week and I'm at a loss.

code:
Mounted Combat
Mount Requirements
To be a mount, a creature must meet two requirements.
    • Size: The creature’s size category must be larger than its rider’s. For instance, a mount for a Medium creature must be Large or larger.
    • Willing: The creature must be a willing mount. The mount is considered an ally to its rider and the rider’s allies.

Mounting and Dismounting
The most common ways for a rider to get on or off a mount are using the mount and dismount actions. Uncommon ways include teleportation and jumping.
    Mount (Move Action): The rider mounts a creature adjacent to it and enters its space.
    Dismount (Move Action): The rider dismounts, moving from the mount’s space to a square adjacent to it.

Rules for the Mount and Rider
A mount and rider follow these rules while the rider is mounted.
    Space: The rider and mount both occupy the mount’s space and are considered adjacent to each other. However, the origin square of any of the rider’s powers and other effects does not change to the mount’s size. Whenever the rider uses an effect that has an origin square (such as a melee, a ranged, a close, or an area power), the rider first picks where that square is located in the mount’s space, and the effect uses that origin square (the rider still shares the mount’s space for the purpose of triggering effects, such as opportunity attacks). For instance, if a Medium rider uses a close burst attack power, the rider chooses a single square within the mount’s space, and the burst emanates from that square. This rule means that if the burst targets each creature within it, rather than each enemy, it can hit the mount.
    Initiative: The mount and rider act on the rider’s initiative count, even if the mount had a different initiative before the rider mounted it. The two continue to act on the same initiative count after the rider dismounts. A monster and its mount have separate turns, whereas an adventurer and his or her mount have a single turn.
    Actions (Adventurers Only): An adventurer and his or her mount have a shared set of actions: a standard action, a move action, and a minor action. However, they each have their own free actions. The player chooses how the two creatures divide up the set of actions on the adventurer’s turn. Most commonly, the mount takes a move action to walk or shift, and the adventurer takes a standard action to attack. The adventurer and the mount also share a single immediate action each round and a single opportunity action each turn. If one of the creatures can’t take actions, the shared set of actions is still available to the other creature. If either creature is dazed, that creature can take only one of the shared actions.
    If the adventurer dismounts, the two still share one set of actions on that turn, but have separate sets of actions on subsequent turns.
    Mount Attacks: The mount takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. While not being ridden, a typical mount (such as a riding horse) rarely attacks on its own, unless it has been trained for battle, is defending itself, or feels unusually protective of its rider. Left to its own devices, a typical mount avoids combat.
    Charging: When the rider charges, the rider and mount move up to the mount’s speed and then the rider makes the charge attack. When the mount charges, it follows the normal rules for a charge.
    Squeezing: When the mount squeezes, the rider is also considered to be squeezing.
    Targeting the Mount and Rider: Even though the mount and rider occupy the same space, they are still separate creatures and are targeted separately. For instance, an attack that targets only one creature can target either the mount or the rider, not both. In contrast, area and burst attacks can affect both mount and rider, since the two are in the same space.
    Provoking Opportunity Attacks: If the mount’s movement provokes an opportunity attack, the attacker chooses to target either the mount or the rider, since the two of them move together. However, if the mount or the rider provokes an opportunity attack by using a ranged or an area power, the attacker must target whichever one of them provoked the opportunity attack.
    Forced Movement: If the mount is pulled, pushed, or slid, the rider moves with it. If the rider is pulled, pushed, or slid and the mount isn’t, the rider can have the two of them move together. Otherwise, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in the destination space of the forced movement.
    Teleportation: If either the mount or the rider is teleported, the other does not teleport with it. If the mount is teleported without the rider, the rider is dismounted and falls prone.
    Falling Prone: If the mount falls prone, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in an unoccupied space of the rider’s choice adjacent to the now-prone mount. However, if the mount is flying when it is knocked prone, it instead falls. The rider isn’t dismounted unless the mount lands and falls prone itself. A rider who is knocked prone can immediately make a saving throw. On a roll of 9 or lower, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in an unoccupied space of the rider’s choice adjacent to the mount. On a roll of 10 or higher, the rider is neither dismounted nor knocked prone. A rider who voluntarily drops prone falls prone in an unoccupied space of the rider’s choice adjacent to the mount.
code:
Dire Wolf
Large natural beast (mount)

Level 5 Skirmisher
XP 200
HP 67; Bloodied 33	Initiative +7
AC 19, Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16	Perception+9
Speed 8	Low-light vision
Traits
Pack Harrier
The wolf has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to two or more of the wolf’s allies.
Pack Hunter (mount)
The wolf’s rider has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to one of the rider’s allies other than the wolf.
Standard Actions
 Bite  At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +10 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 4 damage, or 3d8 + 4 against a prone target. The target falls prone if the wolf has combat advantage against it.
Str 19 (+6)                Dex 16 (+5)                Wis 14 (+4)
Con 19 (+6)                Int 5 (-1)                Cha 11 (+2)
Alignment unaligned        Languages -
Basically, as I'm reading it a mount is just a monster that is on your side and you share actions with, but they get a -2 to attacks while they act as a mount unless you take the Mounted Combat feat, which gets rid of that negative, and makes it so your mount can use your modifiers for acrobatics, athletics, endurance or stealth.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You're also gonna want to look at the rules for companion characters from DMG2. For one, it's entirely fair to count the wolf as an additional character for the purpose of XP distribution/encounter budgeting.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The best solution is to give the Fey Beast Tamer theme. It will work perfectly for this.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Goddamn, man. Couldn't you format that thing?

WilliamAnderson posted:

quote:

Mounted Combat
Mount Requirements
To be a mount, a creature must meet two requirements.
• Size: The creature’s size category must be larger than its rider’s. For instance, a mount for a Medium creature must be Large or larger.
• Willing: The creature must be a willing mount. The mount is considered an ally to its rider and the rider’s allies.

Mounting and Dismounting
The most common ways for a rider to get on or off a mount are using the mount and dismount actions. Uncommon ways include teleportation and jumping.
Mount (Move Action): The rider mounts a creature adjacent to it and enters its space.
Dismount (Move Action): The rider dismounts, moving from the mount’s space to a square adjacent to it.

Rules for the Mount and Rider
A mount and rider follow these rules while the rider is mounted.
Space: The rider and mount both occupy the mount’s space and are considered adjacent to each other. However, the origin square of any of the rider’s powers and other effects does not change to the mount’s size. Whenever the rider uses an effect that has an origin square (such as a melee, a ranged, a close, or an area power), the rider first picks where that square is located in the mount’s space, and the effect uses that origin square (the rider still shares the mount’s space for the purpose of triggering effects, such as opportunity attacks). For instance, if a Medium rider uses a close burst attack power, the rider chooses a single square within the mount’s space, and the burst emanates from that square. This rule means that if the burst targets each creature within it, rather than each enemy, it can hit the mount.

Initiative: The mount and rider act on the rider’s initiative count, even if the mount had a different initiative before the rider mounted it. The two continue to act on the same initiative count after the rider dismounts. A monster and its mount have separate turns, whereas an adventurer and his or her mount have a single turn.

Actions (Adventurers Only): An adventurer and his or her mount have a shared set of actions: a standard action, a move action, and a minor action. However, they each have their own free actions. The player chooses how the two creatures divide up the set of actions on the adventurer’s turn. Most commonly, the mount takes a move action to walk or shift, and the adventurer takes a standard action to attack. The adventurer and the mount also share a single immediate action each round and a single opportunity action each turn. If one of the creatures can’t take actions, the shared set of actions is still available to the other creature. If either creature is dazed, that creature can take only one of the shared actions.
If the adventurer dismounts, the two still share one set of actions on that turn, but have separate sets of actions on subsequent turns.

Mount Attacks: The mount takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. While not being ridden, a typical mount (such as a riding horse) rarely attacks on its own, unless it has been trained for battle, is defending itself, or feels unusually protective of its rider. Left to its own devices, a typical mount avoids combat.

Charging: When the rider charges, the rider and mount move up to the mount’s speed and then the rider makes the charge attack. When the mount charges, it follows the normal rules for a charge.

Squeezing: When the mount squeezes, the rider is also considered to be squeezing.

Targeting the Mount and Rider: Even though the mount and rider occupy the same space, they are still separate creatures and are targeted separately. For instance, an attack that targets only one creature can target either the mount or the rider, not both. In contrast, area and burst attacks can affect both mount and rider, since the two are in the same space.

Provoking Opportunity Attacks: If the mount’s movement provokes an opportunity attack, the attacker chooses to target either the mount or the rider, since the two of them move together. However, if the mount or the rider provokes an opportunity attack by using a ranged or an area power, the attacker must target whichever one of them provoked the opportunity attack.

Forced Movement: If the mount is pulled, pushed, or slid, the rider moves with it. If the rider is pulled, pushed, or slid and the mount isn’t, the rider can have the two of them move together. Otherwise, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in the destination space of the forced movement.

Teleportation: If either the mount or the rider is teleported, the other does not teleport with it. If the mount is teleported without the rider, the rider is dismounted and falls prone.

Falling Prone: If the mount falls prone, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in an unoccupied space of the rider’s choice adjacent to the now-prone mount. However, if the mount is flying when it is knocked prone, it instead falls. The rider isn’t dismounted unless the mount lands and falls prone itself. A rider who is knocked prone can immediately make a saving throw. On a roll of 9 or lower, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in an unoccupied space of the rider’s choice adjacent to the mount. On a roll of 10 or higher, the rider is neither dismounted nor knocked prone. A rider who voluntarily drops prone falls prone in an unoccupied space of the rider’s choice adjacent to the mount.

quote:

Dire Wolf
Large natural beast (mount)

Level 5 Skirmisher
XP 200
HP 67; Bloodied 33 Initiative +7
AC 19, Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16 Perception+9
Speed 8 Low-light vision
Traits
Pack Harrier
The wolf has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to two or more of the wolf’s allies.
Pack Hunter (mount)
The wolf’s rider has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to one of the rider’s allies other than the wolf.
Standard Actions
Bite At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +10 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 4 damage, or 3d8 + 4 against a prone target. The target falls prone if the wolf has combat advantage against it.
Str 19 (+6) Dex 16 (+5) Wis 14 (+4)
Con 19 (+6) Int 5 (-1) Cha 11 (+2)
Alignment unaligned Languages -

Basically, as I'm reading it a mount is just a monster that is on your side and you share actions with, but they get a -2 to attacks while they act as a mount unless you take the Mounted Combat feat, which gets rid of that negative, and makes it so your mount can use your modifiers for acrobatics, athletics, endurance or stealth.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a creature like a goblin but smaller and dumber? Like overlords minions?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yes stat up a goblin and call them that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Is there a creature like a goblin but smaller and dumber? Like overlords minions?

Mites in Pathfinder, Xvarts in 3e and previous, I think they're called xivilorts or something in 4e? I used them in my Neverwinter PBP on here, in the library.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Xivorts, Monster Manual 3

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

There is now, thanks to the power of the creative mind!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Motherfucking quasits.

You really want to think though what you want these minions to be like in a fight. Because the rest is just flavour. Should they be sneaky? Tough? Tanky? Angry? Choose a combat characteristic, use the relevant sort of mook.

wallawallawingwang
Mar 8, 2007
On mount chat, I sorta kinda seem to recall exotic mounts costing about as much money as an item of their level. Did I completely make that up? Is that a reasonable guideline? Assuming the mount in question is a standard monster, not an elite or solo, AND that your treating it mostly as a means of transportation not a companion that follows you through the majority of your fights?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yah all the treasure parcels were spent on the mounts

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Just as an aside: what you did was fine, but you could have turned this into a skill challenge if you wanted. It probably takes weeks or even months to tame a dangerous wild animal, so you can do a sort of one-character side-quest in between adventure sessions, in which the PC goes home and works some more with the dire wolf until eventually she succeeds. Failed skill rolls represent setbacks, and you could extend beyond the Nature skill if the PC(s) are creative about it.

What you did was much less time-consuming of course, I just thought it was worth pointing this out.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

wallawallawingwang posted:

On mount chat, I sorta kinda seem to recall exotic mounts costing about as much money as an item of their level. Did I completely make that up? Is that a reasonable guideline? Assuming the mount in question is a standard monster, not an elite or solo, AND that your treating it mostly as a means of transportation not a companion that follows you through the majority of your fights?

There are a couple of items that work and could be used in this context, particularly the Jade Horse.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leperflesh posted:

Just as an aside: what you did was fine, but you could have turned this into a skill challenge if you wanted. It probably takes weeks or even months to tame a dangerous wild animal, so you can do a sort of one-character side-quest in between adventure sessions, in which the PC goes home and works some more with the dire wolf until eventually she succeeds. Failed skill rolls represent setbacks, and you could extend beyond the Nature skill if the PC(s) are creative about it.

What you did was much less time-consuming of course, I just thought it was worth pointing this out.

Yeah I thought about it, but then I realized since the Orcs were already riding these creatures along with goblins and things, that it would be ok to go with just one skill check (Very high since there's no reason for the Worg to trust her,) as basically a "No don't eat me" kind of thing.

I'm also wondering about balance, I'm having 1 or 2 players dying (but not dead) a combat encounter, that's a good place to be right?

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Turtlicious posted:

I'm also wondering about balance, I'm having 1 or 2 players dying (but not dead) a combat encounter, that's a good place to be right?

Yes.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Well, it could go a bunch of different ways depending on luck and such, but if party members are hitting the floor then the controllers and defenders may need to think about what they've done. If they're staying on the floor then the leaders may need to think about what they've done.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Were the rules for the monster PC races like kobolds, gnolls, shadar-kai, etc from the Dragon articles ever published in a book?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Shadar-kai definitely were; they got pretty well-treated. Gnolls weren't I don't think. Kobolds were in the Dungeon Explorer's Handbook or WTFever it was called.

In the end most of the monster races got republished in player books.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Not exactly. Dungeon Survival Guide published the rules for kobolds, goblins and svirfneblin (deep gnomes), revenants showed up in Heroes of Shadow, and shadar-kai showed up in Dragon Annual 2009, which leaves the revisions for bladelings, gnolls, hengeyokai, and kenku in the magazines along with the tinker gnome and draconian articles.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Gnolls got some feat/paragon path support, but they didn't get a PHB3 stat-switch like the other races did.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Which puts them in a small exclusive club along with orcs, bugbears and bullywugs :smithfrog:.

I'm also totally surprised that someone did a Dragon Magazine update for bladelings.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kurieg posted:

Gnolls got some feat/paragon path support, but they didn't get a PHB3 stat-switch like the other races did.

This left them in a lurch because gnolls are really poorly focused and have an ability combo that is hard to do anything with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

My favorite character was an infernal pact Gnoll warlock, I recall being pretty effective