Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I mean yea but I wouldnt expect an immediate sweeping change mid year or anything by just having an interim DC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Landry looks like the most talented player on the Phins offense and it feels like he never gets good looks. They should be running crossing patterns and short outs all day with the dude yet that offense just looks so underperforming.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Metapod posted:

All mine scored in the 130s

Your dumb team has more tight ends than receivers. :-p

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

Pretty sure almost everybody's team sucked this week. And in real life.

yes; Niners

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Azhais posted:

Yeah, this is the problem. They fire Philbin and there's literally nobody better behind him that's likely to get promoted (tho I suppose if Lazor gets promoted we might get someone else calling the plays.) They really need to fire the DC too to really help Miller so hopefully they're not playing from as far behind all the time.

Dolphins need to clean house. The locker room and FO reeks of Jeff Ireland.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Philbin getting fired would be the the best thing for Miami's skill players' value.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Say some reporting that Coyle will be the first one to go, possibly followed right away by Philbin.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Well somebody has to hold the door open.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
god drat Arian Foster, eagles D, and Greg Olsen really hosed me over this week.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
It stands to reason that my teams would do well on everyone else's poo poo week. I'll take it though!

A big part of my success was due to Tavon Austin's 2 TD game. I picked him up this week because my WR situation is that bleak, but he really exceeded my expectations. Could anyone who's watched the Rams this year tell me if he'll be a reliable WR2 going forward, or were yesterday and week 1 flukes?

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

When is it time to start worrying about Odell Beckham Jr?

It's a weird case. He's averaging 13.75pts/week in 0.5ppr so he's obviously not performing poorly but essentially he's had two hit weeks and two misses. He's getting around ten targets per game but him and Eli just don't seem on the same page at all.

Am I overthinking it?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I need Calvin Johnson to score me 4.8 to go 1-2 this week, well could go 2-1 but the guy in the other league has CJr and Stafford and is down by 20 something.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

El Ste posted:

When is it time to start worrying about Odell Beckham Jr?

It's a weird case. He's averaging 13.75pts/week in 0.5ppr so he's obviously not performing poorly but essentially he's had two hit weeks and two misses. He's getting around ten targets per game but him and Eli just don't seem on the same page at all.

Am I overthinking it?

He'll get back on track. It was just a lovely week for WR1's. Antonio Brown, Julio, OBJ all scored jack poo poo. I wouldn't start worrying yet, maybe if he's still underperforming in two weeks then start to worry.

Getting close to dropping Melvin Gordon. I hate the RB situation in SD. Gurley's on the waiver wire, thinking of picking him up.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

zeldadude posted:

He'll get back on track. It was just a lovely week for WR1's. Antonio Brown, Julio, OBJ all scored jack poo poo. I wouldn't start worrying yet, maybe if he's still underperforming in two weeks then start to worry.

Getting close to dropping Melvin Gordon. I hate the RB situation in SD. Gurley's on the waiver wire, thinking of picking him up.

Holy poo poo yes, pickup Gurley. He should not be on any wires. Nobody better to drop than Gordon though?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
All my dropped players had great games: Woodhead, Gurley, V Jackson, Yeldon... Decker to a lesser extent.

Anyway, I'm dropping Gordon for Gurley (SD's run game is too erratic and Woodhead is looking like the go-to guy). V Jax is looking tempting going against the Jags next week, and I'm also pretty tempted to make room for Martellus Bennett. I feel like he could be a good alternative if Graham is underused further.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Chill Penguin posted:

All my dropped players had great games: Woodhead, Gurley, V Jackson, Yeldon... Decker to a lesser extent.

Anyway, I'm dropping Gordon for Gurley (SD's run game is too erratic and Woodhead is looking like the go-to guy). V Jax is looking tempting going against the Jags next week, and I'm also pretty tempted to make room for Martellus Bennett. I feel like he could be a good alternative if Graham is underused further.

Yes, that's what he does. Tempts you to put him into your lineup and then gets a 5.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Winston better start looking for Evans a little more or I will not feel as cool as I did about trading Crow for him, not like Crow would have ever seen the field, low downside, high ceiling trade.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Im trying to buy low on Lamar Miller with what I hope are impending coaching changes. Its a standard no ppr league. This is my team, starters are noted.

*Andy Dalton
Ryan Tannehill

*Latavius Murray
*Karlos Williams
*Todd Gurley
Andre Ellington
David Johnson
Duke Johnson

*Julio Jones
*Randall Cobb
Steve Johnson
Brian Quick

*Eric Ebron

I feel like both Arizona RBs are expendable and that I could also use more WR depth.

thoughts?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Which WRs are available on your league's WW?

edit: Also:
I have an extra QB (Wilson) and am strongly considering dropping him for one of the following:

Yeldon @TB
V Jackson v JAX
D Martin v JAX
M Bennett @ KC
Gordon v PIT
T Austin @ GB
C Johnson @ DET
B Sankey v BUF
Dalton @ SEA (handcuffs - there are a few players in my league coming out of this week with basically no QB)

So many drat options right now... Leaning towards Bennett since I'm still not too confident in Seattle's (Darell Bevell's) usage of Graham, and I think that Bears-Chiefs game will be a shootout with Chicago hungry to gain some momentum.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 5, 2015

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

nothing worth mentioning

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
Traded McCoy, Peyton, and Crowell for Lacy and Jordan Matthews, who I rostered immediately for this week. Of course, I benched VJax and Spiller, who would of netted me 50 pts together, 30 points over my roster.

This fantasy football stuff sure is crazy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Chill Penguin posted:

edit: Also:
I have an extra QB (Wilson) and am strongly considering dropping him for one of the following:

Yeldon @TB
V Jackson v JAX
D Martin v JAX
M Bennett @ KC
Gordon v PIT
T Austin @ GB
C Johnson @ DET
B Sankey v BUF
Dalton @ SEA (handcuffs - there are a few players in my league coming out of this week with basically no QB)

So many drat options right now... Leaning towards Bennett since I'm still not too confident in Seattle's (Darell Bevell's) usage of Graham, and I think that Bears-Chiefs game will be a shootout with Chicago hungry to gain some momentum.

Do not drop Russell Wilson. Try and find a trade partner.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Do not drop Russell Wilson. Try and find a trade partner.

I've been trying all season. Nobody wants him and I'm relatively confident that nobody will pick him up.

edit: I have Brady coming back this week, and currently have a pending trade of my Carr for his Patriots DST.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Michael Corleone posted:

Winston better start looking for Evans a little more or I will not feel as cool as I did about trading Crow for him, not like Crow would have ever seen the field, low downside, high ceiling trade.

Same, I just traded CJ2K for him which felt slick until yesterday... At least I get Martavis back next week.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I need 20 points from Megatron tonight or I'm cooked. That's not happening.

I'm going to lose because I sat Chris Ivory :cripes:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Not sure Coleman is going to get much of a chance when he's healthy again. Freeman can't stop owning.

It makes me want to quit playing forever.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Philbin is fired according to Schefter.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

a shameful boehner posted:

I need 20 points from Megatron tonight or I'm cooked. That's not happening.

I'm going to lose because I sat Chris Ivory :cripes:

Because Ingram's touchdown was called back and then vultured by Khiry, I'm up only 21.5 points on my opponent who has Wilson and Ebron still to play. I'm hosed.

Edit: Also, played SD defense instead of Atlanta. 15 point differential there.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Time to buy Lamar Miller low everywhere?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll never trust that bastard again. It's mainly Philbin, true, but drat if he doesn't look like caca out there too.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Another week another close game that could go either way. If I can sneak this win out I'll be the only "undefeated" team at 3-0-1. I'm on the left.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'll never trust that bastard again. It's mainly Philbin, true, but drat if he doesn't look like caca out there too.

How much is Philbin (who is out) and how much us Lazor (whom I know nothing about the status)?

If Lazor is still calling 70 passes a week it won't matter.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Would you rather have Antonio Gates or Delanie Walker for the rest of the season? No ppr, standard scoring. Is Walker droppable or should I try and work out a trade? I'd love t o package him and maybe Hill for a running back I can actually rely on, but I am doubtful I'll be able to get much better with those two guys.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Pretty much the opposite IMO. When Miller gets the ball he's looked drat good but MIA hasn't made any effort to establish the run in any of the games they've played so far.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Tavon Austin: is he a Real Deal WR RoS? Any St. Louis homers want to give an analysis? In my .5 ppr Yahoo league he's the second highest scorer of the week so far regardless of position...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

Pretty much the opposite IMO. When Miller gets the ball he's looked drat good but MIA hasn't made any effort to establish the run in any of the games they've played so far.

The Phin's offense should be run to set up the pass but instead they spread out four receivers and expect Tannehill to make several reads on each play. It makes it hard for guys like Stills, Landry, and Matthews to do anything after the catch because half the time there's five or six DBs hanging out back there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

This

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hill had a TD every 3 carries last game and you want to sell now!? I have him in 2 leagues, so glad to actually get some value out of him, but I did good flexing Gio in my full PPR league. RBBCs suck, I hate them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Michael Corleone posted:

Hill had a TD every 3 carries last game and you want to sell now!? I have him in 2 leagues, so glad to actually get some value out of him, but I did good flexing Gio in my full PPR league. RBBCs suck, I hate them.

After 2 weeks where he totaled 2.2 points combined, yes. I figure his value isn't going to be much higher. Three TDs is great, but you can't count on a third of his ~10 carries being TDs every week. He just isn't getting nearly enough volume (at least, not right now - maybe he gets more after this week) for me to trust him at all and I wish I never drafted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

timp posted:

Tavon Austin: is he a Real Deal WR RoS? Any St. Louis homers want to give an analysis? In my .5 ppr Yahoo league he's the second highest scorer of the week so far regardless of position...

I'm in the exact same boat, and find myself eyeing him as an add or maybe replacement for one of my current squad of Cooper, Maclin, Wright, Hilton & Benjamin.

• Locked thread