Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prowler
May 24, 2004

Hello there, fellow Puzzles and Dragons players. My name is Prowler, and I have played PAD for 903 days total. I have one BFF that wasn't involved in a triangle (because I just wanted 24/7 access to a hypermaxed Lakshmi), now have a gift to exchange, and also still have a BFF left over.

My ID:

My Leaders:

Level 99 Awoken Laksmi +46
Level 99 Durga
Level 89 Pandora
Level 99 Sarasvati
Level 99 Athena

Various combo leaders that have yet to be Awoken (including, right now, G/L Bastet, Original Ult Sakuya, etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Max skilled my Sumire in 15 fruits.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

yergacheffe posted:

Dunno if you've ever had to play the Trifruit roulette for other monsters but that's true misery if you're trying to target a specific drop. The current biweekly dungeon in JP have bosses that skillup the cyberdragons right now, so that should make Sadalmelik much easier to skill than Sumire.

I should have specified that this is for an NA account. If we get the dungeon for Sadalmelik in NA sometime soon, that would be more convenient by far. Luckily I was sitting on a stockpile of Blue fruits and Sumire is already Skill Level 4, so she might get the spot when I evo her and throw some levels her way.

Also as the owner of an Urd, trifruit roulette is hell on earth.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

Right. Reading comprehension. Still, you responded to me, so the present is yours. INCOMING!

Gah! I already sent my present (to my alt account)! Now add my alt too so I can send you one later and not feel like an rear end. 323,392,257 I've got some fun stuff on there too, like an AShiva for red and a Durga that works with DKali.

There are two different things going on. The present gives you a free monster and the best thing to do with that is find one person to swap with, that way you both get 2 presents. It's either a present egg that evos into a Snowglobe Dragon (pretty decent stats when you're lv 30. Eventually you want to level the Snowglobe to 50, then feed it to the same color monster when that monster is on it's up to level 99 evo for a crap load of XP. Save it for a REM monster.) OR you get one of the starter dragons with +3 eggs on it. I can send you a present from my alt tonight so we'll get 2 presents on each account.

The other thing we are talking about is a Best Friend selection. I don't think you get that until Rank 50. Whenever you pick a BFF you get to see their monster or monsters that everyone can see plus whatever monster they have in their Slot 2 team (BFF slot) plus you get 100 pal points when you use their leader plus their leader stays active for you even after you use it once, for upto 24 hours after they logged on last. That's the one where you look for a triangle so everyone in the triangle gets 2 BFFs. If you're not in a triangle then you only get one unless someone randomly BFFs you.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Still looking for a present swap. I run Lu Bu (+297), A.Shiva (+258), and usually Rodin or A.Bastet in the third slot. 306,281,201

*edit* OK, sent!

Fishmonkey fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 5, 2015

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Fishmonkey posted:

Still looking for a present swap. I run Lu Bu (+297), A.Shiva (+258), and usually Rodin or A.Bastet in the third slot. 306,281,201

I got you fam

We're already padfriends so just feel free to swap

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Traded presents with my wife. I got two snow globes (light and dark) and she got two bean starters. Justice, every time she yolo rolls she gets a God.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone in the market for an A. Horus/L. Kali BFF that uses Beelz/Ronia for farming? A. Horus will be hypermaxed by the end of this event and L. Kali is next. Ronia has about 150 plus eggs but I won't be giving her any more, she's strong enough for what I use her for.

356,648,283 if anyone is interested.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

GoodBee posted:

Gah! I already sent my present (to my alt account)! Now add my alt too so I can send you one later and not feel like an rear end. 323,392,257 I've got some fun stuff on there too, like an AShiva for red and a Durga that works with DKali.

There are two different things going on. The present gives you a free monster and the best thing to do with that is find one person to swap with, that way you both get 2 presents. It's either a present egg that evos into a Snowglobe Dragon (pretty decent stats when you're lv 30. Eventually you want to level the Snowglobe to 50, then feed it to the same color monster when that monster is on it's up to level 99 evo for a crap load of XP. Save it for a REM monster.) OR you get one of the starter dragons with +3 eggs on it. I can send you a present from my alt tonight so we'll get 2 presents on each account.

The other thing we are talking about is a Best Friend selection. I don't think you get that until Rank 50. Whenever you pick a BFF you get to see their monster or monsters that everyone can see plus whatever monster they have in their Slot 2 team (BFF slot) plus you get 100 pal points when you use their leader plus their leader stays active for you even after you use it once, for upto 24 hours after they logged on last. That's the one where you look for a triangle so everyone in the triangle gets 2 BFFs. If you're not in a triangle then you only get one unless someone randomly BFFs you.

Ah. Well, I'm the idiot, then. Don't feel like you owe me a present, because it was my mistake, not yours. If you insist, let me know when your alt's friend list has room.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Looking specifically for more Neptune Dragon friends and red Gadius friends. Also commonly use Awoken Bastet, Awoken Horus, Awoken Ra, Beelz OR Ronia,, Hypermax L. Kali, ummm I have too much poo poo in this box to figure out.

Ten slots cleared out today.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

DaveWoo posted:

If you need them now, I'd say go ahead and roll now. It's still a decent rate, and in any case, it might be a while before we get the Evo PAL Machine again.

I think it's supposed to come after the DC Collab machine if I remember correctly. To the person that asked, if you specifically need a lot of evo materials, I'd wait for the machine. However, I rolled all the points I saved up on the regular PAL machine and got a decent number of plus eggs out of it, so if you're looking to get plus eggs as well, the PAL machine might not be a bad idea.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

The Jumpoff posted:

I should have specified that this is for an NA account. If we get the dungeon for Sadalmelik in NA sometime soon, that would be more convenient by far. Luckily I was sitting on a stockpile of Blue fruits and Sumire is already Skill Level 4, so she might get the spot when I evo her and throw some levels her way.

Also as the owner of an Urd, trifruit roulette is hell on earth.

I'm fairly certain the Cyberdragon skillups are coming up next, so you're in luck if you can wait ~3 weeks for the blue biweekly dungeon to show up at least.

Also, as the owner of 4 Urds and none of the other Trifruit skillup monsters, I feel your pain :smithicide:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Paul Zuvella posted:

mks500SA

e: Aaaaaand it's a second dark one, now to figure out who to use them on! Probably Dark Iza and the Sengoku dark dude? Or Anubis I guess but I literally never use him and am not good enough to.

Wait did you get something other than the basic dark starters? I got two Spinons, are they useful for something besides taking up box space?

Edit: oh my god they could have been snowglobe dragons? D:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Revvik posted:

Looking specifically for more Neptune Dragon friends and red Gadius friends. Also commonly use Awoken Bastet, Awoken Horus, Awoken Ra, Beelz OR Ronia,, Hypermax L. Kali, ummm I have too much poo poo in this box to figure out.

Ten slots cleared out today.

Yo, sent you invite, I run lots of red poo poo including gadius. And lookin for present trade :bigtran:

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011

Fishmonkey posted:

Looking for a present swap.

FishmonSA 306,281,201

You still up for a present swap? We're already friends. It's PbaoSA.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

yergacheffe posted:

I'm fairly certain the Cyberdragon skillups are coming up next, so you're in luck if you can wait ~3 weeks for the blue biweekly dungeon to show up at least.

Also, as the owner of 4 Urds and none of the other Trifruit skillup monsters, I feel your pain :smithicide:

Well that would be really convenient. Having a 10 row Lakshmi team is genuinely fun as hell for nuking bosses.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

Ah. Well, I'm the idiot, then. Don't feel like you owe me a present, because it was my mistake, not yours. If you insist, let me know when your alt's friend list has room.

Whoops. Didn't know it was full. And it's not a problem at all. I still get the same number of presents I was going to get in the first place.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart
Looking for a present swap myself: 317,379,359.

I mostly run Set, with Izanagi in slot 2, and I can toss up a UVO'd/max-awoken Da Qiao on demand.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
I realized I had a bunch of green fruit in my box I could be using to skill up Kaede. Result: 0/5 skillups. It is the PAD way.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone in the market for an A. Horus/L. Kali BFF that uses Beelz/Ronia for farming? A. Horus will be hypermaxed by the end of this event and L. Kali is next. Ronia has about 150 plus eggs but I won't be giving her any more, she's strong enough for what I use her for.

356,648,283 if anyone is interested.

I have 99 AHorus close to max skilled and just rolled LKali last event. I also have LuBu/Ronia both ult but not really skilled. I'd be happy to join a triangle if others are interested. I will have ABastet/AIsis fairly soon as well, and am slowly leveling up skill-ups for my Goemon. There's not much I really need otherwise but I have some odd stuff like Venus/Hades that will get awoken sooner or later if you need me to focus on I will. I mostly just like PAL points, if you want to triangle with me I'd be down.

https://www.padherder.com/user/TheQuietWilds/monsters/
SA TQW: 399,466,395

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

GoodBee posted:

Whoops. Didn't know it was full. And it's not a problem at all. I still get the same number of presents I was going to get in the first place.

If it's no problem, then hell yes I want free poo poo. :D Make room for my noob rear end. Er, please.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TheQuietWilds posted:

I have 99 AHorus close to max skilled and just rolled LKali last event. I also have LuBu/Ronia both ult but not really skilled. I'd be happy to join a triangle if others are interested. I will have ABastet/AIsis fairly soon as well, and am slowly leveling up skill-ups for my Goemon. There's not much I really need otherwise but I have some odd stuff like Venus/Hades that will get awoken sooner or later if you need me to focus on I will. I mostly just like PAL points, if you want to triangle with me I'd be down.

https://www.padherder.com/user/TheQuietWilds/monsters/
SA TQW: 399,466,395

I'll add you, and if we can find anyone else I'd be happy to triangle.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

So I've been trying to get a Grape Dragon from Gift From the Heavenly Garden. I've entered and quit four times now, with each time having the green dragon appear. It... it's supposed to be able to change if you exit and re-enter, right? Is this just really bad luck?

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Rasczak posted:

So I've been trying to get a Grape Dragon from Gift From the Heavenly Garden. I've entered and quit four times now, with each time having the green dragon appear. It... it's supposed to be able to change if you exit and re-enter, right? Is this just really bad luck?

Yes, that's just bad luck. Rerolling a gift dungeon makes it a chore. (At least it's not Gift from the Holy Beasts costing 50 stamina per try.)

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

maou shoujo posted:

Yes, that's just bad luck. Rerolling a gift dungeon makes it a chore. (At least it's not Gift from the Holy Beasts costing 50 stamina per try.)

Yeah that's what I figured, poo poo's weird

Also looking for a present swap by the way, Nephthys main with Haku in the other slot: 311,273,387

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously Sakuya? lvl 22? You have become such a cow. A.Susanoo has four times more levels and I expected that from L.Kali.

Been testing a few new teams for Scarlet (normally I just A.Shiva it, since the dungeon is optimal for fire teams) and the experience penalty for some of the mons is really something. Like, A.Yomi would be running around with a babby Zaerog/D.Iza team in that place, doing babby A.Yomi damage, which would still be a lot but :cmon:

So yeah, start farming those +eggs because that's what counts in that place.

Magna
Sep 3, 2007
So I decided to start a new account and am starting with Typhon and I pulled Akechi and a Gamble Mage with my next two REM rolls. Having a hard time finding some friends, doesn't seem like many people run him.

ID is 301,184,346 and I guess I need to run with Typhon, Gadius, or some Dark boosters?

Magna fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 5, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magna posted:

So I decided to start a new account and am starting with Typhon and I pulled Akechi and a Gamble Mage with my next two REM rolls. Having a hard time finding some friends, doesn't seem like many people run him.

ID is 301,184,346 and I guess I need to run Typhon, Gladius, or some Dark boosters?

Yeah, Typhon is really good lead but it is hard to find friends for him. Akechi is one of his best subs so you got lucky. His teams want dark orbs and hearts so his subs are kinda limited. You want orb changers and more orb changers. Luckily for you right now you can get a fruit dragon from a special dungeon so get the grape one, he'll help a lot. Farm yourself a dark mystic knight and and, er, a cyclone devil dragon?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

trucutru posted:

Yeah, Typhon is really good lead but it is hard to find friends for him. Akechi is one of his best subs so you got lucky. His teams want dark orbs and hearts so his subs are kinda limited. You want orb changers and more orb changers. Luckily for you right now you can get a fruit dragon from a special dungeon so get the grape one, he'll help a lot. Farm yourself a dark mystic knight and and, er, a cyclone devil dragon?

What's the best way to get a Mystic Dark Knight anyway, his appearance/drop rate in Abyss is terrible and also has a pretty high stamina cost. Wait for his special event?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Seven Castle of Satan runs, I've only seen one onyx max and it didn't drop.

I have, however, gotten two Tamadras, so that's something.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Erogenous Beef posted:

Looking for a present swap myself: 317,379,359.

I mostly run Set, with Izanagi in slot 2, and I can toss up a UVO'd/max-awoken Da Qiao on demand.

Request sent, Schieff SA

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rasczak posted:

What's the best way to get a Mystic Dark Knight anyway, his appearance/drop rate in Abyss is terrible and also has a pretty high stamina cost. Wait for his special event?

The easiest way that is always available is farming Hera's dungeon, the first four floors have a shitload of those dudes. But you have to be able to deal with her dungeon, of course, which is quite trivial with a Grodin friend and some auto-healers of your own.

Otherwise events and coin dungeons. I think castle of satan has them now?

Edit: Does anybody what challenge dungeons are invaded by Leilan in JP? I know Hera-ur is one, but that dungeon sucks, so what are the alternatives?

My guess is that they are ordered and every five dungeons it repeats (so bjork and z+h) but I would like some confirmation

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 5, 2015

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
I've got a ton of great water dudes but no water team! With Sumire, Sarasvati, and Lakshmi I realize that I could probably put something together.

I have

Sarasvati
Sumire
A. Lakshmi
Blodin
Sun Quan
U&Y (2)
Gabriel (2)
A. Isis
Andromeda
Hatsume
Blueberry dragon
Amon

Should I focus on a Sarasvati healer team with something like her, Sun Quan, Hatsume, U&Y, Andromeda, or a Sumire team with A. Isis, Hatsume, Andromeda, Gabriel (or maybe swap one of these guys out for Blueberry Dragon)?

I actually have a A. Bastet team that's clearing most content up to Challenge Dungeon 8 (no Liu Bei or Verdandi :argh:) so I don't even need to do this, but it's nice just because it's a totally different playstyle.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

I've got a ton of great water dudes but no water team! With Sumire, Sarasvati, and Lakshmi I realize that I could probably put something together.

I have

Sarasvati
Sumire
A. Lakshmi
Blodin
Sun Quan
U&Y (2)
Gabriel (2)
A. Isis
Andromeda
Hatsume
Blueberry dragon
Amon

Should I focus on a Sarasvati healer team with something like her, Sun Quan, Hatsume, U&Y, Andromeda, or a Sumire team with A. Isis, Hatsume, Andromeda, Gabriel (or maybe swap one of these guys out for Blueberry Dragon)?

I actually have a A. Bastet team that's clearing most content up to Challenge Dungeon 8 (no Liu Bei or Verdandi :argh:) so I don't even need to do this, but it's nice just because it's a totally different playstyle.

A Lakshmi is pretty different (unless you have some other *heart-killer* teams like Parv, Gadius)

Lak/Andro/Gabe/Hatsume/Sumire/Lak is cool.

Course, Sarasvati looks great too, but I don't have her, and I'm really fond of Lakshmi

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 5, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Traded presents with a friend. Got Brachy-Bean and Spinon. Fuuuuuck. :negative:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Magna posted:

ID is 301,184,346 and I guess I need to run with Typhon, Gadius, or some Dark boosters?

I guess you could pair Typhon with a Pandora. The Heroic Gods update hit NA so their multiplier starts when you match 4 of their color. She still seems pretty popular.

This might be a terrible idea but Shadow Sprite is a 250,000 coin dungeon right now. The boss has the same active as Pandora. The drop rate is pretty crap though. I guess worst case you could trade 45 stamina and 250,000 coins for a stone. If you literally just started, you could have the coins and stamina by this weekend if you wanted.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

trucutru posted:

The easiest way that is always available is farming Hera's dungeon, the first four floors have a shitload of those dudes. But you have to be able to deal with her dungeon, of course, which is quite trivial with a Grodin friend and some auto-healers of your own.

Otherwise events and coin dungeons. I think castle of satan has them now?

I didn't see anything about Castle of Satan having Mystic Knights other than when they do that invade event, is that going on right now? I thought it was just Tamadras invading in there right now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Between presents and devil challenge I got 4 noels today.

Today was a good day.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Between presents and devil challenge I got 4 noels today.

Today was a good day.

Godddammmittt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

A Lakshmi is pretty different (unless you have some other *heart-killer* teams like Parv, Gadius)

Lak/Andro/Gabe/Hatsume/Sumire/Lak is cool.

Course, Sarasvati looks great too, but I don't have her, and I'm really fond of Lakshmi
Sounds cool -- I actually have a Parvati and they're all pretty solid. It's a team I bust out if I need to stall since 2 heart makers + 2.25x RCV bonus means that anything that doesn't one-shot me I can just stall through.

The temptation of a 200x multiplier with a Sarasvati team is too much though :v:

• Locked thread