Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mesothelioma posted:

it's up on vessel :wink:

Why do you kids lie. What's the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You'll take your dagman roomba and you'll like it!
Oh man I can't wait for the end of this chapter, it has content so dumb it's bound to piss off even more people.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

You'll take your dagman roomba and you'll like it!
Oh man I can't wait for the end of this chapter, it has content so dumb it's bound to piss off even more people.

That would require people watching it in the first place.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

whogan whatpa?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Andrast posted:

I REFUSE

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Mesothelioma posted:

it's up on vessel :wink:

No it's not?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I think my brother owned Martian Gothic years ago, I've no idea if it is any good. I mainly remember him trying (and failing) multiple times to get past both the floating man and something else as Karne. Just shouting a holy word from a document and firing the pop gun, which funnily enough did jack poo poo.

So really the best friends got about as far as he did. Did enemies get back up? I feel like I'm mis-remembering that.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
It's super not though, I checked

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
OH BOY :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpLLkR6sNvU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, jeez, that Carry the Shell level is a microcosm of Zaibatsu's playstyles.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watched it already on Vessel. No GB level, no Derek Yu :colbert:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I think my brother owned Martian Gothic years ago, I've no idea if it is any good. I mainly remember him trying (and failing) multiple times to get past both the floating man and something else as Karne. Just shouting a holy word from a document and firing the pop gun, which funnily enough did jack poo poo.

So really the best friends got about as far as he did. Did enemies get back up? I feel like I'm mis-remembering that.
Enemies are indestructible. You can shoot them till they're down, and they'll stay like that for a while, but corpses never disappear.

Andrast posted:

Turns out it was Woolie whose patience finally ran out.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching this mario maker level makes me genuinely regret not submitting my levels as I'm pretty confident my stages blow some of them away.

Still fun though :allears:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Learned today that no one anywhere understands what makes mushrooms go left or right

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lets hang out posted:

Learned today that no one anywhere understands what makes mushrooms go left or right

Mushrooms go left, mushrooms go right, you can't explain that!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lets hang out posted:

This is probably my favorite part. Both parties are mad at each other when neither is right :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
But does YOUR mushroom point left or right?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Today I learned that the best friends aren't very good at Mario.

The video was really fun though

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Andrast posted:

Today I learned that the best friends aren't very good at Mario.

The video was really fun though

Oh man you should watch the Mario video where Matt, Woolie, and Liam play New Super Mario Bros. WiiU. That video was the progenitor of woolie salt.

here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLQ40mVNKGY

Unfortunately I don't think we're getting a part two.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Curious if we're getting a new undertale video today, did say every other day but Mario Maker was a hour+

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

There hasn't even been a new Undertale on Vessel yet so who knows when it'll be.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Knowing that the Woolie might one day upload the new Undertale episode fills you with determination.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Knowing that one day I'll stop talking through Undertale references in this thread fills you with determination.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's hard to find time to record round 2 of undertale with the shitstorm, two long on-going LPs involving Liam, and Vessel making everything have to get out faster.

I'm actually wondering if Liam himself is getting fatigued from probably doing videos everyday compared to say Woolie who's in...1 series currently?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Thanks to the internet, I have become Pat about Undertale. I've seen stuff about it all over the goddamn place, and I'm pretty sure there's no way it even comes close to the hype.

Plus, I've been totally spoiled on the different paths. At this point, I'd just do a genocide run and call it good if I did get the game, unless I could crank out the game in a day or two to see the other paths relatively quickly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please do not judge a game on the fandom it's really dumb.

Please do not get a game and do the absolute worst path first because that won't help either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pulp rag posted:

Thanks to the internet, I have become Pat about Undertale. I've seen stuff about it all over the goddamn place, and I'm pretty sure there's no way it even comes close to the hype.

Plus, I've been totally spoiled on the different paths. At this point, I'd just do a genocide run and call it good if I did get the game, unless I could crank out the game in a day or two to see the other paths relatively quickly.

Yeah, do the 'Play it like literally every other JRPG' run first and then go back and not kill anyone/thing. You dodge the part where the game tries to guilt you into caring about the characters and you get to work on completing one of the story paths at once! Wow!

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from starting over if it turns out to not be your thing. There's a lot more humor to the non genocide run since, well, there's people left to make jokes.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Undertale does in fact live up to the hype and it's sad that you've chosen to let the internet ruin it for you.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

I think it's hard to find time to record round 2 of undertale with the shitstorm, two long on-going LPs involving Liam, and Vessel making everything have to get out faster.

I'm actually wondering if Liam himself is getting fatigued from probably doing videos everyday compared to say Woolie who's in...1 series currently?

Isn't the Shitstorm done a good while back though? Pat mentions doing back to back videos and getting really annoyed at one game in a recent MGSV part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lab Zero's not-Valkyrie profile has their indie gogo up: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games#/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6zS6Z9FGQ

demo here: http://www.labzerogames.com/indivisible-prototype_win.zip

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is probably my favorite part. Both parties are mad at each other when neither is right :allears:

Liam gets the best line about it. "No-one's taking their phone out to check because someone is gonna get blown the gently caress out if they do".

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pulp rag posted:

If it helps, I was late to the party, overhyped on the game and I still came out of the experience thinking it was GOTY. Knowing about the different paths doesn't really affect your enjoyment either, as long as you weren't spoiled on what happens/changes between them.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Dias posted:

If it helps, I was late to the party, overhyped on the game and I still came out of the experience thinking it was GOTY. Knowing about the different paths doesn't really affect your enjoyment either, as long as you weren't spoiled on what happens/changes between them.

That's actually really good to know.

My main concern was the different paths. Is it more of a difficulty thing, or a conscious effort? What I mean, is it possible to super gently caress up not killing someone?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pulp rag posted:

My main concern was the different paths. Is it more of a difficulty thing, or a conscious effort? What I mean, is it possible to super gently caress up not killing someone?

The very first boss fight is sort of calculated as a gotcha moment, but if just make a conscious effort to be kind then you'll generally turn out okay.

The pacifist run is unambiguous, you can't kill anyone. Every EXP is a tally mark in the annals of your failure. It takes significantly more work to do the kill-everything run, and the game itself reacts appropriately.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pulp rag posted:

The second one. Also, very much so to your second question. Generally by using your weapons and applying them viciously to the opponent's body.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pulp rag posted:

As everyone else already said, as long as you keep in mind NO ONE has to die, all you'll need is some lateral thinking in a couple of circumstances to achieve your objective. The other alternative route follows a similar rule...

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

I'm worried it's not going to get funded because of the amount they're asking for.

Put in 30 Bucks anyways

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mesothelioma posted:

I'm worried it's not going to get funded because of the amount they're asking for.

Put in 30 Bucks anyways

isnt indiegogo the site that transfers your money whether the goal was met or not?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

isnt indiegogo the site that transfers your money whether the goal was met or not?

Only if the project is Flexible Funding. That one's Fixed Funding, so they only get money if the goal is met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Red Metal posted:

Only if the project is Flexible Funding. That one's Fixed Funding, so they only get money if the goal is met.

well good that seems a lot more sane