Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
If only he'd just used the usual Imperial fascist insignia instead of that.

Edit: Sorry for the top-of-page non-content.

As penance, here's a picture of some terrible Ultramarines painted by me in the late '90s. (Picture quality is terrible too, sorry)

Decorus fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Instead he's using such world renowned fascist signs like stahlhelms.

Poor Hetzer's gonna hetz no more :(

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's obviously a Hetzork

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

spectralent posted:

Yep! Stormboys were british fascist hooligans, i.e. still violent thugs but like doing "shows of force" by marching and wearing "uniform". This was in contrast to the rest of the orks, who were based on football hooligans in general and were just violent lunatics.

They also had a very Nazi look about them, but were smart enough not to put swastikas or SS icons on them like the army on the last page:

There's also artwork of goose stepping stormboyz back in Waaagh! The Orks or Rogue Trader but I can't find it right now.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I've never actually seen the models but I have seen that picture. I do love how much of the original GW stuff was a reaction to british public life at the time, though. Modern GW is nowhere near that perceptive :smith:

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

JcDent posted:

Instead he's using such world renowned fascist signs like stahlhelms.

Those are all official Citaldel Orks.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I think he means the sigils painted on the shoulders - rather than the helmet on the mini

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

:cripes: I had forgotten about those things

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
The thing is, when those where made, it was clear that they where Very much tongue-in-cheek, and no one took them seriously.

Kinda like playing the bad guys in Wolfenstein-online.... it's only since GW lost there sense of humor that grogs have got away with stuff like the Nazi guard

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Moola posted:

SOMEONE DOESNT KNOW HIS ORK LORE !

God I love you.

SRM posted:

They also had a very Nazi look about them, but were smart enough not to put swastikas or SS icons on them like the army on the last page:

There's also artwork of goose stepping stormboyz back in Waaagh! The Orks or Rogue Trader but I can't find it right now.

Not to be 'that jew' but lightning bolts are SS icons. The SA forum is great at thinking it's holier-than-thou at recognizing symbols of nightmarish bullshit ethoses, but then bad at actually knowing what constitutes the symbols for it. Like the iron cross is german, but not nazi. Lightning bolts are totally nazi. The hatchet is not nazi. Blah blah.

In any case, orks are weird monster people, so that's a whole other layer of crap that you suspend your disbelief to ignore. It's still a little hosed up if you take it even a tiny bit seriously. The part that made the stormboyz fun was that orks are so chaotic that rebellion for a young ork means being fascist. That's kind of delightful. But if you overthink it, it will definitely get creepy. I don't think it is any more *or* less creepy with or without swastikas. But that's just my opinion as a life-long target of white supremacist hatred. Or whatever. Nobody has ever actually treated me badly, yet. But I carry a torch for my ancestors. Because if you care about your culture, you have a duty to :regd08:

These and other unsolicited opinions are yours to have when you don't put me on ignore.

TheCosmicMuffet fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 4, 2015

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Actually, the SS runes are these things:

They're a fairly specific style of lightning bolt, together, to make an "SS" symbol. Though the ork lightning bolts are definitely there to evoke the image.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Less Nazi chat please

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
A lot of military units use lightning bolts dude

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I misread the room.

And there's more!
http://darksondesigns.proboards.com/thread/2357/sephis-nazis-paint-blog-rambling
(make sure you get to page 2 for the Hitler-Terminator)

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah that's the good poo poo.

And by the good poo poo, I mean what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Aren't there actual Nazi figs they could be painting, why do they have to kitbash innocent orcs?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because they're not real nazis, like those people who play historical wargames, they just like the aesthetic...

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Decorus posted:

As penance, here's a picture of some terrible Ultramarines painted by me in the late '90s. (Picture quality is terrible too, sorry)

For the record; these are certainly amateur-level but I'd never snark at them no matter how old/experienced the painter was; if someone showed up to play with an entire army that was actually finished and painted, even at this level, rock on bro. They're certainly not the melty abominations that this thread usually shows.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

goatface posted:

Because they're not real nazis, like those people who play historical wargames, they just like the aesthetic...

It's doubly funny since I know a guy who germans in FoW but he's crazy anti-fash. But then he tends to be actively depressing to be around, so he's not much fun to play either.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

goatface posted:

So the only good reason to play WWII germans is that someone else have someone to shoot at, or because you think their rules are minmaxable?

Because I dig the gently caress the out of most German WWII machines they had the most rad uniforms, practicality aside.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

(make sure you get to page 2 for the Hitler-Terminator)

E: ADOLF

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

JcDent posted:

So the only good reason to play WWII germans is that someone else have someone to shoot at, or because you think their rules are minmaxable?

Because I dig the gently caress the out of most German WWII machines they had the most rad uniforms, practicality aside.

We've already had this derail, go back and read the first few pages of the thread.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Wolfenstein TNO sequel confirmed!

ro5s posted:

We've already had this derail, go back and read the first few pages of the thread.

And it will happen again, I'm sure.

EDIT: And God-drat it, he's not making a Nazi chapter of Marines, but Nazis for a pulp-horror-mystical WWII game

JcDent fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 5, 2015

ExtraCheese
Apr 16, 2014
That game seems like it has some pretty good unspiration material.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That seems like a good way to get your tits burned off.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The black bar is covering up the hideous burn damage.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

JcDent posted:

Wolfenstein TNO sequel confirmed!

And it will happen again, I'm sure.

EDIT: And God-drat it, he's not making a Nazi chapter of Marines, but Nazis for a pulp-horror-mystical WWII game

Oh. Wolfenstein was p. fun, I'm glad there wasn't anything-

ExtraCheese posted:

:stare:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

ExtraCheese posted:

I think I'm one of the few people who actually plays AE-WWII and (yes I know, trap sprung) this is the only sculpt in the game with straight up tits-out like this, and IIRC this was some con-only exclusive figure or something. It is still Dumb and Bad. I use Artizan and Bolt Action figures rather than the official models for regular human soldiers.

To contribute, Pulp Figures makes some rather specific miniature sets:

Sadly the site's line of Yellow Peril miniatures seems to be not available at the moment...

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

ExtraCheese posted:

At least with some of the other titty stuff that gets posted here you can say they were technically good sculpts. This one just looks like a female Kermit with tits.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that is a real lovely model

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

i'm sorry bot this owns in a Wallenstein kinda of way

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

ExtraCheese posted:

Of course she is holding a riding crop.

God help me I almost like the Adolfminator. It is just so ridiculous, if I pretend it is a one off and not part of a themed army I could dismiss it as Iron Skies style comedy/satire.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I know most stuff in that nature comes with a more-than-creepy factor attached, but that guy specifically references Wolfenstein as his inspiration so much, I'm inclined to take it as a serious effort to replicate the Wolfenstein feel of pulpy Nazi tech/occultism.

It probably doesn't hurt that I rate Wolfenstein: TNO and TOB as two of the best games I've played in recent years.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

I know most stuff in that nature comes with a more-than-creepy factor attached, but that guy specifically references Wolfenstein as his inspiration so much, I'm inclined to take it as a serious effort to replicate the Wolfenstein feel of pulpy Nazi tech/occultism.

It probably doesn't hurt that I rate Wolfenstein: TNO and TOB as two of the best games I've played in recent years.

And it's for a game with skeleton SS knights and Nazi cyborg gorillas.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pyrolocutus posted:

Yeah, I loved those games and I've played a number of Weird War 2 pulp games at conventions. I love Hitlernator because it's so ridiculous and actually competently pulled off, and since it's not part of an honest to god Nazi Space Marines army or something reprehensible like that. That balloon headed topless she-wolf of the SS up there is pretty dreadful though, as are the fairly serious looking SS Orks.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah, Wolfenstein-style minis is actually okay imo. The issue is closet nazis trying to insert their terrible fetishes into games; things in the spirit of pulp fiction nazis-as-orcs stuff is probably fairer.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

spectralent posted:

Yeah, Wolfenstein-style minis is actually okay imo. The issue is closet nazis trying to insert their terrible fetishes into games; things in the spirit of pulp fiction nazis-as-orcs stuff is probably fairer.

Surprisingly many WWII orcs being made out there.

What guns does the Hitlernator have? Are those some early production Assault Canons or Storm Bolters? They're horrible, just like the Pig Iron Guns on Nazi Marines. Pig Iron can produce some good heads (and send them real fast) but their guns seriously lack inspiration.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wrong size for storm bolters, wrong number of barrels for assault cannon. Unless it's some 30k thing I'm pretty sure those are some weird kitbash counts-as assault cannon.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
My first exposure to 40k Orks was in a game at Historicon one year called "Was ist ein Space Ork Ober Brau" where it was Nazis vs. 2nd edition Orks. I don't remember what the rules were like at all, but it was really fun.

goatface posted:

Wrong size for storm bolters, wrong number of barrels for assault cannon. Unless it's some 30k thing I'm pretty sure those are some weird kitbash counts-as assault cannon.
They're trying to replicate the look of mecha-Hitler from Wolfenstein 3D. I don't recognize them as 40k bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
You know, I hate to say it, but absent the swastikas and SS crap, that Gestapo-brown-with-red-accents color scheme on Termihitler is actually really eye-catching and very nicely executed, and would probably make for a really nice army on the table. :cripes: