Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Haruhi?
This poll is closed.
Haruhi 23 15.23%
Yuki 21 13.91%
Mi-mi-miracle, Mikuru 15 9.93%
Tsuruya 20 13.25%
Ryoko 14 9.27%
Kyonko, the female version of Kyon 42 27.81%
Fujioka 16 10.60%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finished Hibike episode 2. Taki-sensei seems sorta bland for now.

There's plenty of stuff simmering under the surface for a slice of life. What the poo poo is going on with Aoi? Does she regret the time she spent with the band? If so, maybe she should have stuck with Asuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, that and a [BOOBS] tag are all I want

Baps

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I never saw anything of that Meka.City Actors or whatever, is it worth checking out?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please rename the GochiUsa thread as "Coffee Lesbian Show S2 (not to be confused with the Other Lesbian Show S2)".

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I love the stupid licensing stuff like that, like the time FASA stole a whole bunch of Macross and Southern Cross designs for Battletech.

They didn't actually. They legitimately bought the rights, but the seller didn't actually have the rights to sell them. So while they were stolen FASA isn't at fault.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chrome still isn't working.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Seafood do NOT rename the thread

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

But it's done like the children's book thing in Monster, and that was just a metaphor!

mekaku was one of the 15 animes ive seen in my life i dont know what monster is and i dont give a hoot!!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Finished Hibike episode 2. Taki-sensei seems sorta bland for now.

There's plenty of stuff simmering under the surface for a slice of life. What the poo poo is going on with Aoi? Does she regret the time she spent with the band? If so, maybe she should have stuck with Asuka.

Yeah, Taki is probably the most straightforward so he comes off as a bit boring.

Knorth fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 6, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Work computer restarted itself again.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

mekaku was one of the 15 animes ive seen in my life i dont know what monster is and i dont give a hoot!!
monster is good arf, its about baby hitler

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Knorth posted:

I never saw anything of that Meka.City Actors or whatever, is it worth checking out?

Ehhhhh it's really pretty. But that's basically it. There's way more better animes worth watching more. I guess if you really like the director and that visual style, go for it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Knorth posted:

Watch episode 4, the one with the little brown haired kid and his crazy death dream
like i said it sorta stands on its own and is REALLY cool and good looking

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

Yeah, Taki aid probably the most straightforward so he comes off as a bit boring.

?????

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

the wildest rear end posted:

are you really gonna not count any posts that didnt quote yours? lol
Possibly.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Ehhhhh it's really pretty. But that's basically it.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

monster is one of those ones that shows up on lists about all the good anime that aren't "anime" anime you have to see

but i already blew my billion-episode series watch on legend of the galactic heroes so ill never watch it

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

same

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Thanks autocomplete

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sorry Corals posted:

monster is one of those ones that shows up on lists about all the good anime that aren't "anime" anime you have to see

ugh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Taki-sensei is cute and not actually boring

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sorry Corals posted:

but i already blew my billion-episode series watch on legend of the galactic heroes so ill never watch it

i read the manga and would recommend it. takes less time to read

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
He's cute but we don't spend a lot of time with him outside of teacher-mode

Knorth fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 20, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Monster manga is incredibly good. I couldn't get into the anime though because the anime is very picky about being exactly the same as the manga, to the point where it might as well have been using the manga to storyboard.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

thats so dumb

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

Thanks autocomplete

You've spent too much time in this thread.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sorry Corals posted:

that's why I'm reading the manga

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Srice posted:

The Monster manga is incredibly good. I couldn't get into the anime though because the anime is very picky about being exactly the same as the manga, to the point where it might as well have been using the manga to storyboard.
yeah, the anime is really good but theres no reason to do both

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would care about/like the fujo audience more if it had something to offer beyond bishonen. like Tadokoros and Takeos, or stuff like Ojisan to Marshmallow.

tldr: where are the sausage-bread boys, fujos?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You've spent too much time in this thread.

aid is really good though. if someone's in peril it's good to give them aid. The problem comes when several people try to do it at the same time, because then it turns into aids, and no one wants that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If the anime and manga are exactly the same I'm always gonna go with anime because I like having music and voice acting. And animation.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

The thing I'll say baout the anime is that I think introducing the children's books earlier was a good idea. Urasawa is great but he really loves the end of chapter"what" moments. Setting up the children's book in the ED the way the anime does means that when it shows up in the story you're like, "oh, it's the story from the ending!" as opposed to the manga, where it's just baffling and out of nowehre

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Srice posted:

Same.

As someone who found the manga to be a real page-turner, I found it difficult to have to "Wait" for things to happen or be said.

Similar issues plagued the recent Jojo Part 3 adaptation.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

lol sharky you got the rabbit thred to close GJ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The thread was fine it just needed a non stupid title

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

I wish the fujoshit tag was a little cleaner. I was hoping someone was going to make one like that or similar though so I'm glad it was entered.

When we get it I hope they change the IBO thread tag to that.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

When I was cleaning my room, I found a old grab bag that I got from a anime con and it had this in it

Which would be so bad if it was for the fact that it does this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXuckJmuwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm ill-inclined to humor people who can't follow simple instructions.

• Locked thread