Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If you can learn one thing from these threads, it should be that some fighters are objectively cool and good and some are objectively bad and dumb

But that a fighter is bad and dumb doesn't mean that he can't have fans, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah, just means his fans are bad and dumb

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If you can learn one thing from these threads, it should be that some fighters are objectively cool and good and some are objectively bad and dumb

Pretty much. It seems like fans tend to forget that things are subjective. I'm not even a Bader fan, but hell at this point I'll root for him just to see the haters get mad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Pretty much. It seems like fans tend to forget that things are subjective. I'm not even a Bader fan, but hell at this point I'll root for him just to see the haters get mad.

nobody, and i mean nobody is legitimately mad that you have stupid opinions. it's really funny that you think you're being subversive and clever though when we've had atom doing the same gimmick since forever and not a single soul has ever gotten mad, rather they've occassionally voiced exasperated disbelief or in some cases disgust (the mark hunt joke) but i've never seen anyone get mad. you aren't clever, so if i can head off your gimmick right now with this post that would be for the best.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
its all trash

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Snowman_McK posted:

Bader's like Thiago Tavares. You never see him in title shots, and every time he pops up, you go "He's still here?"

the glieson tibau of LHW, if you will.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If you can learn one thing from these threads, it should be that some posters are objectively cool and good and some are objectively bad and dumb

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDGWxEdf6Q

this guy could teach Hendricks a thing or two

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Also this applies to posters.

E: ps Duke Rufus says CM Punks debut will be delayed by a shoulder injury, which I think is a weird thing to announce seeing as he still never had a projected debut to delay.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

attackmole posted:

the glieson tibau of LHW, if you will.

Hey, Tibau at least had that...umm...where he...gently caress. How can someone have 25 fights and produce so little of note?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Snowman_McK posted:

Hey, Tibau at least had that...umm...where he...gently caress. How can someone have 25 fights and produce so little of note?

He smashed a way smaller Caol Uno but that was more sad than cool.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

HEY NONG MAN posted:

exactly. he's the gray maynard of lhw so who gives a poo poo

maynard was a better prospect and achieved more

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Northjayhawk posted:

I kinda agree with him, even though I disagree with the decision. That 2nd round was closer than many think, the announcers were acting like it was obviously 20-18, but I wasn't so sure that it was not tied in the judges scorecards going into the 3rd round. The crowd added to the perception that it was a travesty because they were supporting their hometown guy against a Persian.

This is how I remember it as well

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
No matter how good Michael Johnson gets, I'll always begrudge him for being the guy that shot endless doubles on TUF and didn't do poo poo with top position and gassed.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Bundt Cake posted:

maynard was a better prospect and achieved more

Yeah Maynard at least peaked at "was a few punches away from literally killing Frankie Edgar." It's hard to remember after his huge fall but he was a pretty dangerous dude for a while.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he was really really good until he got punchy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
being compared to gray maynard is the single biggest complement i've seen of ryan bader and it is massively undeserved

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/xqa6qX8.gif

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_dUtn8uo8

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is even better because like twenty, thirty seconds before Bader put Teixeira on his rear end and almost won the fight and then this happened.

Ryan Bader is eventually going to be the man who retires Shogun and it's going to be tragic.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
People will lose their minds if Bader beat Shogun. It'll be like after Sonnen submitted him but worse.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
im not sure anyone will be shocked when shogun loses

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Shogun got knocked stupid by OSP, I don't think Bader winning is any worse.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
yep. though it is nuts how shogun is only a year older than Bader. shogun should already be in his 40s by now and retiring, not one of the youngest fighters in the LHW division. what the gently caress

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
shogun is one of my all time favorite fighters and i've probably only rooted for him against te huna and vera in his last like ten fights. i don't think he'll fight bader, but i hope he loving starches him if he does

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Bubba Smith posted:

yep. though it is nuts how shogun is only a year older than Bader. shogun should already be in his 40s by now and retiring, not one of the youngest fighters in the LHW division. what the gently caress

I hadn't thought about that in a while, I forgot how young he is in normal human years. In fight years he's getting ancient (not Big Nog ancient, but still).

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CarlCX posted:

Ryan Bader is eventually going to be the man who retires Shogun and it's going to be tragic.

don't say these words.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

-Atom- posted:

don't say these words.

would you rather it be durkin cummins

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's front Row Brian on about re Uncle Creepy?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

ICHIBAHN posted:

What's front Row Brian on about re Uncle Creepy?

paging gregor samsa

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Err it sounds like he's blaming Uncle Creepy for Del Rosario's death, and saying that "everyone" knows it's true but that FRB is the only one "brave" enough to speak up? Something about Creepy threatening him at some point, too?

He also linked this?

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/tuf-alum-holds-ian-mccall-indirectly-responsible-for-shane-del-rosario-s-death-040814

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

Err it sounds like he's blaming Uncle Creepy for Del Rosario's death, and saying that "everyone" knows it's true but that FRB is the only one "brave" enough to speak up? Something about Creepy threatening him at some point, too?

He also linked this?

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/tuf-alum-holds-ian-mccall-indirectly-responsible-for-shane-del-rosario-s-death-040814

Everyone knows it is true but only I have the balls to stand up to a tiny tyrant such as yourself, here, on twitter *immediately posts nearly two-year-old article saying the same thing*

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yeah I unfollowed FRB ages ago. To hear once in a while a legit story 5 minutes earlier isn't worth the price of having to read all of his bullshit.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ahaha, obviously it's Rob Emerson, noted Ian Mccall's wife-fucker.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Pretty appropriate how the Fake Wrestler Extraordinaire Phillip Brooks fulfilled his obligation by training at RufusSport by getting injured in camp

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

attackmole posted:

Ahaha, obviously it's Rob Emerson, noted Ian Mccall's wife-fucker.

Yeah, I'm probably not going to listen a dude who got caught loving the wife of the accused.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Who knows if this source is reliable, but apparently TJ is leaving TAM to join a new MMA team in Colorado.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Conor was right!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

No TAM fighter will ever lose a UFC title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I really, really don't want any drama involved with my favorite Nor-Cal bros

• Locked thread