Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eifert Posting posted:

If I ever meet Harmon I'm telling him to go gently caress himself.

He tells good stories that a lot of you guys don't seem to appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I expect season 3 to start with Rick back in the scene, only to have it revealed in the finale that Rick Prime (c137 or whatever) is still in Galactic Prison, all at the behest of evil Morty.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder how the "the universe is really loving weird" fish-out-of-water poo poo is going to go now that Rick and Morty's Earth is now basically Futurama's Earth and they apparently just took over our governments.

I guess the gag for a while could be the family being the only people around used to all the weird alien poo poo while everyone else is freaked out.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Fister Roboto posted:

Everything about Tiny Planet had me in stitches.

That was hilarious.

I'm guessing Rick will pull a Guardians of the Galaxy in prison.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Sleeveless posted:

Congratulations, you totally called it. It was a great episode and then when the post-credit gag with Mr. PBH started I did the internal equivalent of diving in slow-motion while yelling "nooooo" because they were this close to having an amazing finale and then they just had to cram in some wink-at-the-camera bullshit and run Mr. PBH into the ground in the process.

I was pretty sure that was gonna turn into an ad for space antidepressants when he took the pills

Hate-O-Tron
Apr 1, 2007
Mr. Meeseeks, help me break Rick outta Space Jail!

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

EatinCake posted:

NWFS - www.fucktammy.com

Someone posted it on reddit earlier and just said "What do I do with this URL I bought it drunk last night".

why

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Makes sense, I've heard he knows Roiland and he's always been pretty good at voice acting.

It makes total and complete sense that they know each other.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

It makes total and complete sense that they know each other.

Oh? Is there a story here?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hate-O-Tron posted:

Mr. Meeseeks, help me break Rick outta Space Jail!
Wouldn't this actually work ridiculously well, resulting in an army of Meeseeks?

Hate-O-Tron
Apr 1, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Wouldn't this actually work ridiculously well, resulting in an army of Meeseeks?

Meeseek's 11 (to the 11th power)

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh? Is there a story here?

I'm sure there is, but I don't know the details. It kind of seems like Egoraptor and Justin have similar tastes when it comes to humor.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dr_Amazing posted:

Was Reboot popular outside Canada? Because they did something really similar to this. At the end of the second season the main character is "killed" off and most of the third season was the goofy kid sidekick trying to step up and be a hero. He mostly does a lovely job of it until he fucks up so bad that he gets trapped outside his system. Next episode skips ahead 20 years and he's suddenly every stereotype of a 90s antihero. He eventually rescues the main hero returns home and kicks the poo poo out of the badguy. It might not be the best match for Morty, but I'd like to see how he manages on his own for a bit.

Reboot had a pretty decent US following. I know plenty of people who watched it devotedly as a kid (myself included) and were super hyped at the news of a Reboot-reboot, only to be crushed at the revelation that it's going to be partially live action.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
You know what I need after that season finale?

I need a goddamn...Jan Michael Vincent

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I need a Jan Pichael Vincent

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I'm sure there is, but I don't know the details. It kind of seems like Egoraptor and Justin have similar tastes when it comes to humor.
Arin & Dan have talked about being friends with Roiland on multiple episodes of Game Grumps, and recently mentioned he came in for an hour-long guest episode (that the footage of didn't record properly/got corrupted/something).

Also, once again I am reminded how great it is that goons do not write for TV, because y'all have garbage ideas. You know what I want to see? The premiere's cold open takes all of your "Evil Morty" and "Council of Ricks" and "Buff Morty 10 years later" spergy fanfic, makes it as awful and TvTropes as possible, and then we smash-cut to a different universe where none of that happened and never mention it again. Then the show can continue with an actual good plot, by writers who know what the gently caress they're doing.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

AmiYumi posted:

Also, once again I am reminded how great it is that goons do not write for TV, because y'all have garbage ideas. You know what I want to see? The premiere's cold open takes all of your "Evil Morty" and "Council of Ricks" and "Buff Morty 10 years later" spergy fanfic, makes it as awful and TvTropes as possible, and then we smash-cut to a different universe where none of that happened and never mention it again. Then the show can continue with an actual good plot, by writers who know what the gently caress they're doing.

roiland and co. have done a great job of murdering every character that has the potential to be reoccuring.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dieting Hippo posted:

roiland and co. have done a great job of murdering every character that has the potential to be reoccuring.

I was gonna say "birdperson" but...uh....

yeah, RIP

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AmiYumi posted:

(that the footage of didn't record properly/got corrupted/something).

That is a drat shame.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

AmiYumi posted:

This is a terrible idea as well, cheers!

I agree that most of the ideas posted have been bad, but that's to be expected. The people here aren't professional writers. However, when a show ends on a cliffhanger, people want to tune in and see the continuation of said cliffhanger. I guarantee they're going to follow up on what happened in the finale, and it's going to be good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
How to write Rick and Morty eps:

step 1 read this thread
step 2 don't do ideas posted in this thread

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Also, for what it's worth, I thought the meeseeks idea was pretty alright. If they do go the 'family tries to rescue Rick' route it'll probably be something akin to Morty, Summer and Beth looking around the garage and trying to figure out what the hell might help. Most likely avenue is something no one thought of, though. Just like 99% of Breaking Bad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jazz rapping space alien was pretty great. Any chance on them releasing the full song?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rick dies in prison, in season 3 the show is just called "Morty"

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

ruddiger posted:

Jazz rapping space alien was pretty great. Any chance on them releasing the full song?

'Harmon Rapping' (it's always been Harmon, right?) is one of my favorite recurring bits as well. "I got a mouth full a jazz for your azz".

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Are you all nuts? That would just create 100,000 meseeks who would be unable to rescue him and go on a multiverse wide rampage when Rick is killed in the crossfire.

Remember they were barely able to knock a couple strokes off Jerry's golf game. They are for simple tasks.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

captain innocuous posted:

Remember they were barely able to knock a couple strokes off Jerry's golf game. They are for simple tasks.

Well I mean that was the joke. Beth and Summer's requests were far more complicated and esoteric than Jerry's. Jerry's just a sack of poo poo. I agree that it's an unlikely route though, yeah. Still a fun idea though.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The crossfire hitting the electric blue ballsacks and making bass drum noises was the joke of the episode for me.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Okay its time for some fukin props dudes, dudettes and meta dudes

A BOLT GUN? what the heck. how did rick Build this? Hes amazing I tell you. this thing can fire an iron bolt through your skull, but its quite difficult to reload.

Man i Could really go for some fancy rich rear end in a top hat cat food. check out what these 1%’ers get to eat while they pillage the gently caress out of their society. Its just like another civilization i know of. Any ways, I love drawing food and the color team did a fantastic job. it looks so delectable

I love drawing weird Rick Gadgets, Here is one he used to summon the Flying suit contraction. he made it out of parts her found around the light house.

rick has a giant rocket launcher in his suit. check this out. I got to design this based on Roy’s boards. but who ever the animator is at bardel did a much better job than me at breaking down those tech gadgets. way to go bardel!

Whoah did you guy see this RED BOX? this was a joint effort between me and Dominic Polcino. It had to be a very complicated and misleading prop to carry Ricks Super Suit.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Light Gun Man posted:

Ending a season with main characters in prison? Obviously next season will open with Rick getting out of jail, having gained a few new PhDs and also having formulated a new plot, Trailer Park Boys style.

I don't think Rick's going to, uh, a reform style jail. He just barely avoided getting shut up into some floating polygon ala superman's phantom zone. The bureaucrats aren't interested in in teaching Rick some valuable life skills so he can flip space burgers when he gets out. He's not even in pound-me-in-space-rear end-space-prison, or Hannibal Lecter-slash-Skyfall observatory prison. He's gonna hang on that lego movie style shackle thing until some giant rear end SPACE CRISIS forces the government to deal with him.

e: Space Moriarty????

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 6, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I loved Rick's bolt gun, so thanks for sharing.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Tammy, don't be gross. :smith:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

boo_radley posted:

I don't think Rick's going to, uh, a reform style jail. He just barely avoided getting shut up into some floating polygon ala superman's phantom zone. The bureaucrats aren't interested in in teaching Rick some valuable life skills so he can flip space burgers when he gets out. He's not even in pound-me-in-space-rear end-space-prison, or Hannibal Lecter-slash-Skyfall observatory prison. He's gonna hang on that lego movie style shackle thing until some giant rear end SPACE CRISIS forces the government to deal with him.

I just liked the mental image, really.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GueroDeEncanta posted:

If you need to calm your withdrawals, we just released our first expansion pack for the Rickstaverse! Check it out, I'm pretty proud of this one. https://instagram.com/RickandMortyRickstaverse/

I love the idea behind this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
At first, I wondered why the meatball courier grabbed Jerry. The reasoning seemed pretty forced.

But then I realised that the bukkake bride would have programmed it to do exactly something like that to ensure Rick came to the wedding/arrest party.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

a cop posted:

This is a terrible idea as well, cheers!
Like I'm going to listen to what a cop has to say in the Rick & Morty thread. :rolleyes:

(I obviously don't want any of that to happen. Hell, if I was drunk, I'd be searching for some 12-year-old on DeviantArt, giving them $10 and the last couple pages of this thread, and then just sending the end product to Harmon wrapped around a dead fish.)

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That is a drat shame.

Game Grumps Episode posted:

We recorded a Grumpcade with Justin Roiland, an hour long practically, and it was funny and hilarious (because he's funny and hilarious), and hey guess what? The footage was lost, or destroyed, but it ain't there anymore."
"But Justin's a friend, so I texted him all 'hey man, we lost the footage...' and he was like, 'gently caress, I'd love to do it again!'"
So there's that, at least.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You want me to take the season 3 thread?
Pretty sure last time I had to say "thank gently caress none of you are in the writer's room" was in the Korra thread, so there's that.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Light Gun Man posted:

I just liked the mental image, really.

yeah, but now I'm picturing Rick cussing out some insect soldiers while flipping away into space inside a black square.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

boo_radley posted:

As anyone called evil morty, I dunno morty-arty. Because that seems like it would be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

CelticPredator posted:

Although if you think about it, the circle was completed. They all did return, having changed. It's just one of the main characters is in prison now. Which makes it unsatisfying.

Stories don't end. They resolve.

The story of the episode is resolved. The story of Rick & Morty continues.

• Locked thread