Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

DrSunshine posted:

Oh really? Gosh, I must've missed that detail somewhere along the line. Huh! I wonder what it could be then? Does she somehow distort space and time around herself? Or maybe it's some kind of psychic power? If it's some form of active camouflage or holographic field that she's somehow projecting, maybe she can account for things sticking to her.

You're assuming that her invisibility is related to her power. I mean birdboy is a bird but his power is SHADOWS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Being invisible would suck if you couldn't turn it off. You could never get effective medical treatment.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well, normal medical treatment. Keep in mind they have a nurse who literally just needs to kiss you to heal your wounds.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Soylentbits posted:

You're assuming that her invisibility is related to her power. I mean birdboy is a bird but his power is SHADOWS.

Turns out her body is naturally invisible and her power is to become opaque. :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

DrSunshine posted:

Turns out her body is naturally invisible and her power is to become opaque. :v:

Her power is actually natural camouflage, but she's already invisible!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jintor posted:

Wow. Kohei's a creative fellow (although he likes to subvert it: Quirk: HAS A TAIL) so that's potentially pretty exciting.

All that's been shown so far seems to give the impression she's full on standard invisibility (possibly can't turn off?). I remember she left icy footprints during the fight challenge.

The Icy footprints were because Todoroki froze her feet to the ground.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Icy footprints were because Todoroki froze her feet to the ground.

right... i'm saying she exists and isn't, like, porting to another dimension or some insubstantial cloud of psychic force or whatever

probably

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
She's the astral projection of a quadruple amputee like that one X-Files episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

LostRook posted:

She's the astral projection of a quadruple amputee like that one X-Files episode.

Mind Quad!

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
She can actually bend light as her quirk. She'll start shooting lasers and then I Can't Stop Sparkling will cry because he'll be redundant like the kid who can harden.

TNG fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 7, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TNG posted:

She can actually bend light as her quirk. She'll start shooting lasers and then I Can't Stop Sparkling will cry because he'll be redundant like the kid who can harden.

The kid who can harden came third in the tournament. :colbert:

Edit: Oh wait, actually that was bird guy. He made it to the top 8 though.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 7, 2015

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I'm not saying he has a bad power, it's just that it's basically the same as the guy in 1-B who can turn into iron. Maybe he'll learn how to harden selectively on his body, so he can make himself into living mail armor and be more flexible and agile than iron kid, who's name is literally Ironiron Ironiron. Or maybe he'll be like theoretical nanoparticle armor where iron molecules are suspending in a fluid medium and have a charge running through them, going rigid at the point of impact but then relaxing and absorbing the kinetic energy across a larger surface area, thus being able to take a larger blow than normal.

TNG fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 7, 2015

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Edit: wrong thread!

Looking forward to the fights this week

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 7, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TNG posted:

I'm not saying he has a bad power, it's just that it's basically the same as the guy in 1-B who can turn into iron. Maybe he'll learn how to harden selectively on his body, so he can make himself into living mail armor and be more flexible and agile than iron kid, who's name is literally Ironiron Ironiron.

Maybe the guy in 1-B is the redundant one since he was the one who lost. :smug:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Horikoshi is actually a huge Trek fan and she's composed entirely of transparent aluminum.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want more of the adventures of Birdman and Froggin.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

TNG posted:

I'm not saying he has a bad power, it's just that it's basically the same as the guy in 1-B who can turn into iron. Maybe he'll learn how to harden selectively on his body, so he can make himself into living mail armor and be more flexible and agile than iron kid, who's name is literally Ironiron Ironiron. Or maybe he'll be like theoretical nanoparticle armor where iron molecules are suspending in a fluid medium and have a charge running through them, going rigid at the point of impact but then relaxing and absorbing the kinetic energy across a larger surface area, thus being able to take a larger blow than normal.

isn't part of his deal that his power is relatively common

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I dunno, but he should basically become Senator Armstrong.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Seven billion people on the planet and the overwhelming majority of them have some manner of superpower or another.

Not surprised there are folks with similar setups.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jintor posted:

isn't part of his deal that his power is relatively common

No he just wishes it was more flashy and less generic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I find it weird that to get certified to use your quirk at all in public you HAVE to be a hero I guess? You'd think there'd be a board or something for skilled tradesmen and such with compatible quirks to get licensed.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Seven billion people on the planet and the overwhelming majority of them have some manner of superpower or another.

Not surprised there are folks with similar setups.

Where's your new avatar from?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jigen's Gravestone.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Jigen's Gravestone.

Do mods get to change their avatar for free? I've always been curious about this.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Once in a blue moon, yes, but not just whenever we feel like it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Once in a blue moon, yes, but not just whenever we feel like it.

Wow, geez, if that's the case then why would anyone want to be a mod?? :rolleyes:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I get a cute little star next to my name.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got a free avatar from a mod so mods are cool with me.

EDIT: I forget who the mod was, though. Had a Bazette avatar.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I find it weird that to get certified to use your quirk at all in public you HAVE to be a hero I guess? You'd think there'd be a board or something for skilled tradesmen and such with compatible quirks to get licensed.

But then who would be able to find a job when you're up against people like Uraraka who could basically do the work of an entire construction team for the pay of one person? That's some huge union issues right there.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

But then who would be able to find a job when you're up against people like Uraraka who could basically do the work of an entire construction team for the pay of one person? That's some huge union issues right there.

Yeah this is a reasonable point; Quirks are the genetic lottery except a hundred times more. For any fairness to remain in any sort of competitive system or economy, you have to limit quirks; otherwise Uraraka's Construction Crew just takes over everything as she can handle entire jobs solo.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Fabricated posted:

I think it was just for actually fighting crime. You're allowed to fly to work or whatever. It must turn out that your quirk really influences your life though. I want to read the story of the guy with fire powers who only ever wanted to be a fisherman. But all the jobs are taken by people that can talk to fish, breath underwater or that have hydrokinesis.

For all we know there's a guy more powerful than Allmight, but he doesn't bother being a hero because he can make more money just directly powering a city or something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr_Amazing posted:

I think it was just for actually fighting crime. You're allowed to fly to work or whatever. It must turn out that your quirk really influences your life though. I want to read the story of the guy with fire powers who only ever wanted to be a fisherman. But all the jobs are taken by people that can talk to fish, breath underwater or that have hydrokinesis.

For all we know there's a guy more powerful than Allmight, but he doesn't bother being a hero because he can make more money just directly powering a city or something.

I don't think this stuff is allowed. Like, when the villain and heroes fight in episode 1, you can see a dude talkin' on the phone about how he'll be delayed cause of the villain.

It comes down to the point that Smutbeast made. Unions.

How would the transportation industry feel about dudes just flying or jumping or swinging with tape or tails to get to their destinations? Especially when you consider that when quirks first popped up, there was huge social turmoil.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I would imagine there are certain channels for people whose quirks are still useful outside of heroics. I don't think a firefighter with water powers would be barred from exercising his abilities, for instance.

Wasn't All Might's detective friend stated to have the ability to tell if people were lying or not? Or something like that? That's another one I'd think would see some special permit clearance.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
I don't think you have to go to the UA highschool to get a hero degree, you just have to take the entry test for it. Gran Torino mentioned that he got registered and signed up to teach All Might, then never did anything with his license until he took on Midoriya for the week.

I think everyone who uses their quirk has to be registered as a hero and be associated with an office of some kind to work.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also UA is only the best hero school it's very possible that there are other easier to enter hero schools.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

they can build pretty sophisticated robots so why would they be using humans for this anyway

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HERE'S WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

No, not a new chapter. POPULARITY RESULTS.

quote:

>1位---------Deku
>2位---------Todoroki
>3位---------Bakugou
>4位---------Uraraka
>5位---------AllMight
>6位---------Tsuyu
>7位---------Tokoyami
>8位---------Iida
>9位---------Aizawa
>10位---------Kaminari
>11位---------Yaoyorozu
>12位---------Shinsou
>13位---------Kendou
>14位---------Ojiro
>15位---------Kirishima
>16位---------Kyouka
>18位---------Mineta
>20位---------Hakagure & ?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unsurprised with the top 3 and I was thinking Deku would win, but I was expecting Bakugou to do better than Todoroki. Most surprising to me though is All Might in the top 5. I didn't expect him to be that popular but he's cool so i'm glad. I'm also happy Uraraka is in the top 5 and that Tsuyu and Iida made the top 10 as well. A pretty good poll.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am so unreasonably happy that All Might is that high up, even outranking frog girl. I felt like he might be something Japanese kids might find weird(despite being a funny character) compared to the rest of the cast.

It's like Franky in one piece apparently not being very popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm saddened by Frog Girl's low placing and somewhat surprised at Tokoyami's popularity. Kendou is fairly high too, for a girl who barely received any attention (especially when you consider when the vote was made).

I don't remember who Kyouka is. Earphone girl?