Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

R. Mute posted:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/the-men-in-blazers-are-finally-going-to-make-you-care-about#.al9kD07ee

Can The Men In Blazers Finally Make Soccer The Sport Of America’s Future?
Two British expat podcasters are obsessed with making good on the decades-old promise that America will care about soccer more than once every four years. And if it finally happens, they’ll be a big reason why.

He seems pretty cool

e: I scrolled through the pictures, why do these fucks always have to be making a goofy face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I had weird vision.....
Can you imagine if somehow we got
Mourinho and he won us the
league....just imagine the smug look
on his face behind which he was
saying 'Rafa couldn't do this....but l
did!'

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Also can I also say the media in this country is loving poo poo. Absolute dog poo poo.

We forced our way into contention for the league playing sumptuous ENTERTAINING football, Chelsea on the other hand were boring their way to the top. Liverpool attacked Chelsea from the off. Chelsea were clearly time wasting literally from minute 2. A unfortunate Gerrard slip lets them in and they take the lead. Chelsea then have no ambition whatsoever but to defend that lead and win the game.

Instead of stripping strips off Chelsea for their boring negative SHITE and Brendan for entertaining a nation, Jose was lauded for a 'masterclass' and Brendan mocked for naiveté.

I don't think Brendan was the same again.

As I said the media in this country can gently caress right off.

quote:

I think Rawk stepped up through the Rodgers time. Rawk allowed debate and negative views. In a time with Twitter and people expressing what they like. Rawk allowed people to be expressive rather than just cutting out the negative. Peoples negatives views were just due to them being concerned.

If you haven't already then you should support Rawk through funds.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
wtf is edm

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
electronic dance music

- for people who don't know the difference between house, deep house, chicago house, techno, hardcore, ragga, jungle, drum and bass, garage, dmz era dub step, break core, gabba and whatever the gently caress else they've invented recently.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

what about the other eras of dub step

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
well Brostep is the more heavily 4/4 style massive drop wubwub poo poo which ended up being popular in the US with people like Skrillix and came after the early stuff which was certainly a lot more dubby than what people associate with dubstep now.

I probably should have said DMZ style as opposed to era

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
mods rename me break_d0wn420

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Lol if you listen to anything other than ambient happy bro glitch.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bagpipes ftw ftew

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

lmao, perfect poster for the right thread

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol amazing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Bundesliga is in a sense like the WWE. There's always a plucky underdog that everyone hopes will win the title (Dortmund, etc), but at the end of the day, it always comes down to LOLCenaWins.

In fact, I actually see more parallels between Bayern and Cena. Everyone who watches the WWE knows that Cena is the top man, who wins the title doesn't matter, Cena is still #1. Sure, you may temporarily beat him, but Cena will just come back and win it back next month.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Incredible

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

Homework Explainer posted:

The Bundesliga is in a sense like the WWE. There's always a plucky underdog that everyone hopes will win the title (Dortmund, etc), but at the end of the day, it always comes down to LOLCenaWins.

In fact, I actually see more parallels between Bayern and Cena. Everyone who watches the WWE knows that Cena is the top man, who wins the title doesn't matter, Cena is still #1. Sure, you may temporarily beat him, but Cena will just come back and win it back next month.

To me what it feels like is that many City fans demand their favorite footballers to act like their favorite wrestlers. They want their footballers to keep up the illusion that they are just as invested as the fans in the rivalries and conflicts. Fans want to be able to imagine that their team goes home chanting “we hate man united” like they do, despite rationally understanding that the players are all professionals who probably aren’t nearly as invested in these rivalries as they are.

Behind the scenes, feuding wrestlers are probably friends or at least good co-workers. Its pretty similar in any sport really, who knows, maybe when the tabloids aren’t there Ronaldo and Messi are good friends. It is unrealistic to expect footballers to keep up with the Kayfabe like wrestlers, and I just hope that fans could understand that fact.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Brendan's round table cheerio.
« on: October 4, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
Sang The Who: We won't get fooled again.
Or will we.

The manager is gone, long live the manager.

Brendan Rodgers, by luck or design or a mixture of both, made us dream and made us shudder. He wasn't the messiah nor was he a very naughty boy. I think he presided over a massive era of transition, and change. The beauty of Suarez, the parting of Carra, Gerrard, Pepe Reina even.
He arrived very much his own boss. Almost arrogantly telling FSG this is how it was to be. But he was to told to fit, expected to fit, into FSG's weird and wonderful world of soccer, committees of that, directors of this, transfers by ballot, moneyball was all. Personally I think he did his best. And when it was best, it was beautiful. Waltzing past Utd at Trafford, we go again at City. But when it wasn't, it was bereft. Of wit, of plan B, of the CIA. Central Intelligence at Anfield. The loss of Gerrard was most keenly felt psychologically: no-one was prepared or used to, being a midfield lieutenant, never mind general. The very notion of grabbing a game by its teeth and forcing a result was long lost with Stevie. And we had a team of young attacking individuals.

the new manager must link the front and back, the midfield must dominate and strut, and there must be a continuous link from Sakho to Sturridge, from Mingolet to Milner.

We are not yet a team, we are a set of potentials. Brendan made us dream again, but he fell for the dream instead of being the weaver.
Plaudits have to go to anyone who can manage the arrival and leaving of Luis, the demise of Gerrard, the defence without Carragher, the expectation of "Value for money" from FSG.

The Liverpool Way is much discussed. At times Brendan was too 'himself' to allow sentimentality to creep in, and didn't fully become adopted by the fans. But we loved the panache and attack of that season.

However, most telling was that it wasn't the Stevie slip that lost us the league, it was Hull in midwinter. There was no plan B from Brendan. There was no solutions beyond moving Sterling about a bit when Daniel was ill.

He wasn't the worst Liverpool manager, he wasn't the best. He was a sign of the times we live in. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Good luck Brendan. You made us dream, you made us cry. You almost reminded us above was only Lennon's not Murdoch's sky.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Give that man a Pulitzer

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Perusing forlornly the ill wind of smug

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

Or will we.

Brendan Rodgers, by luck or design or a mixture of both, made us dream and made us shudder. He wasn't the messiah nor was he a very naughty boy. I think he presided over a massive era of transition, and change. The beauty of Suarez, the parting of Carra, Gerrard, Pepe Reina even.
He arrived very much his own boss. Almost arrogantly telling FSG this is how it was to be. But he was to told to fit, expected to fit, into FSG's weird and wonderful world of soccer, committees of that, directors of this, transfers by ballot, moneyball was all. Personally I think he did his best. And when it was best, it was beautiful. Waltzing past Utd at Trafford, we go again at City. But when it wasn't, it was bereft. Of wit, of plan B, of the CIA. Central Intelligence at Anfield. The loss of Gerrard was most keenly felt psychologically: no-one was prepared or used to, being a midfield lieutenant, never mind general. The very notion of grabbing a game by its teeth and forcing a result was long lost with Stevie. And we had a team of young attacking individuals.

the new manager must link the front and back, the midfield must dominate and strut, and there must be a continuous link from Sakho to Sturridge, from Mingolet to Milner.

We are not yet a team, we are a set of potentials. Brendan made us dream again, but he fell for the dream instead of being the weaver.
Plaudits have to go to anyone who can manage the arrival and leaving of Luis, the demise of Gerrard, the defence without Carragher, the expectation of "Value for money" from FSG.

The Liverpool Way is much discussed. At times Brendan was too 'himself' to allow sentimentality to creep in, and didn't fully become adopted by the fans. But we loved the panache and attack of that season.

However, most telling was that it wasn't the Stevie slip that lost us the league, it was Hull in midwinter. There was no plan B from Brendan. There was no solutions beyond moving Sterling about a bit when Daniel was ill.

He wasn't the worst Liverpool manager, he wasn't the best. He was a sign of the times we live in. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Good luck Brendan. You made us dream, you made us cry. You almost reminded us above was only Lennon's not Murdoch's sky.

This is my favorite post ever.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

"You almost reminded us above was only Lennon's not Murdoch's sky." lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

JFairfax posted:

Or will we.

i can almost guarantee i know who wrote this

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

chuggo is BACK posted:

i can almost guarantee i know who wrote this

Gregs been busy since he retired?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

classic dami lee

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm on my phone, can someone paste this whole article?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-aged-35.html

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Here you go op.

If Ryan Giggs had retired at the age of 35 he would be Manchester United manager now. So says Old Trafford oracle Sir Alex Ferguson.
The former United manager made the statement in a new BBC documentary, in which he said: “If Ryan Giggs had retired six, seven years ago. Say he had retired at, say, 35, quite likely I would have made him my assistant and quite likely he could have moved straight into the job with the experience of being an assistant manager to me as he is doing with Louis Van Gaal at the moment. But I would never have asked a player to quit.”
Which begs the question: what would life be like now if Giggs had retired in the immediate aftermath of United's Premier League winning 2008-09 season? Let us get our crystal ball out.
2009-10
Walking off the Old Trafford turf in May 2009 having secured the single point required against Arsenal to reclaim the Premier League title, Giggs decides to end his playing career in typical understated fashion. "It's been a great run but I've had my fill and don't want to deny the youngsters their chance to step up. Give it two years and I'll be a forgotten man. It will be Zoran Tošić this, Darron Gibson that and Anderson the other," says the 35-year-old.
Giggs bows out with a 1-0 victory at Hull on the final day of the season courtesy of a goal from Gibson ("You watch," says the Welshman. "This is United's future making a name for himself in front of your eyes.")
Barely a day after the end of the season, Sir Alex holds a press conference to announce Giggs as his new assistant. The media immediately hails them as United's answer to Big Sam (Allardyce) and Little Sam (Lee).

Powerless to prevent the forces of evil, United are forced to admit defeat in their battle to keep hold of Cristiano Ronaldo as the Portuguese signs for Real Madrid. Fergie immediately sticks Giggs on a plane to the south of France with a brief to scupper the Spanish side's attempts to sign Karim Benzema. Giggs convinces the Frenchman that he will always play second fiddle to Ronaldo at Real, whereas at Old Trafford he can become part of what Fergie and Giggs have privately termed "The Holy Trinity": Wayne Rooney, Benzema and Carlos Tevez. Benzema is won over, Tevez puts any thoughts of leaving the club behind him and United publish a 'Once a Red, always a Red' poster on Deansgate bearing the image of the grinning Argentinian.
All three members of The Holy Trinity score in what is billed as the title decider against Chelsea in April 2010 and United go on to win the league for a fourth consecutive year.
2010-11
In an unexpected move, Ferguson announces that this will be his final season in charge of United and anoints Giggs as his successor.
Not content with sharing centre stage with Benzema and Tevez at Old Trafford, Rooney decides he wants out. Ferguson and Giggs - increasingly referred to as Gigguson in the press - decide to let Rooney depart and, when Manchester City offer £80m for the England striker, he heads over to the blue side of town.

City celebrate the signing of their Manchester rivals' star man by erecting their own poster bearing the image of Rooney at Everton and Rooney at City alongside the words: 'Once a Blue, Always a Blue'. Everton immediately file a lawsuit against the club for the use of the teenage Rooney's image and City are forced to issue an embarrassed apology and pay damages.
Seeking a new member for the Holy Trinity, Giggs negotiates a deal with Atletico Madrid for Sergio Aguero for £28m. The new signing forms a lethal partnership with Tevez but Benzema cuts an increasingly isolated figure at Old Trafford.
Both Argentina strikers score 30 league goals and United win a fifth league title in five years. Fergie retires.
2011-12
With Giggs now at the helm and Nicky Butt named as his assistant, the Welshman holds his first press conference as United manager and faces a barrage of questions about Benzema, who has spent much of the summer pictured inebriated at pool parties in Miami. "I have no time for people who refuse to give their all for Manchester United Football Club," says Giggs. "Karim has not shown the attitude we expect of a player who represents Manchester United Football Club and he will be allowed to move on. From here on in we shall only sign players with the strongest work ethics."
Giggs signs Emmanuel Adebayor.

Despite barely featuring for Manchester City since Rooney's arrival at the Etihad, Adebayor begins his United campaign with a bang, scoring 15 goals before Christmas as Giggs' side top the table at the turn of the year. Having trained with the reserves for the first half of the season, Benzema is allowed to join Arsenal in the January transfer window.
The two Manchester clubs engage in a fierce battle for the title that is eventually decided in a dramatic final day. Gifted the chance to seal the deal for City, Rooney misses a stoppage time penalty against QPR, while Aguero scores the winner at Sunderland to make it six titles in a row for United and a first under Giggs.
2012-13
Adebayor leaves United for Fenerbahce. Little explanation is given but one tabloid runs a story with quotes from a "source" detailing issues with "hippy crack".
Crucified for his role in City's failure to win the title the previous season, Rooney hands in a transfer request and makes an unlikely return to Old Trafford where he is given a hero's welcome. New City manager Brendan Rodgers is given his choice of United players as part of the part exchange deal for Rooney and plumps for Gibson, Jonny Evans and Paul Pogba.

While Pogba will go on to spend two unimpressive seasons under Rodgers at the Etihad before being sold to Rennes, Gibson stamps his mark on City from the outset, inspiring them to the title as United miss out for the first time in seven years, finishing a distant second.
2013-14
United assistant manager Butt is offered the Newcastle job and moves to St James' Park, taking a fading Tevez with him. Speculation is rife in the media that Giggs will offer David Moyes the number two job at Old Trafford, but the Everton manager issues a statement exhibiting a baffling lack of ambition in which he declares Everton "the only club for me", "where my heart lies" and "closer to me than my own family".
Giggs ultimately chooses Gary Neville as his No 2 and the new managerial duo pull off one of the biggest transfer coups of recent years by signing Gareth Bale from Tottenham for £75m.

With a front three of Bale, Rooney and Aguero, United cruise to one of their most comprehensive title victories of the Premier League era. Despite Giggs' feat, Moyes is named Manager of the Year after guiding Everton to second place, while Arsene Wenger is sacked as Arsenal manager having gone nine years without a trophy.
2014-15
Coined as the new Brian Clough and Peter Taylor, Giggs and Neville are held up as a beacon for managerial partnerships around the world. Assistant managerial appointments begin to be viewed on the same level of importance as the manager himself.
Following England's failure to win a single game at the World Cup, Neville is offered the role vacated by Roy Hodgson who retires insisting he "no longer has the drive to work with prima donnas who don't give a s--- about international football anymore". Neville declines the position, which is eventually filled by Sean Dyche.
Giggs and Neville guide United to a Premier League and Champions League double as Ferguson weeps tears of joy in the directors' box.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Holy hell that's the worst football article I've ever read.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Here you go op.

jesus cristi

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

Oh my god this man got paid to write this.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

pik_d posted:

(an actual image from that article)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Here you go op.

Wrong. Thread.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Dunban posted:

(an actual image from that article)

Why would you put Rooney's head on aguero's body when noted rotund person fat Frank lampard played for city?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shrapnig posted:

Here you go op.

This is some next level poo poo :stare:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

After Klopp comes he charms the city council into letting him run for mayor, Klopp uses his numerous contacts to plan to secede from the UK. Since many Chinese people love Dortmund and still love Klopp he is granted funds from the Chinese government to carry out his wish, without the knowledge of the British goverment. Over the next decade Klopp wins numerous League Titles, FA Cups, Champions Leagues ect, rallying the people to his side. They love Klopp, the adore their leader, their Eternal Leader Klopp, 'all for one and one for all. They sing, as he parades down Castle street, waving as we is washed in storms of red and white confetti. Klopps last plan before he secedes from the British Empire is a Krystal-Nacht style beat down of all Everton fans who have opposed Klopp(It is dubbed Toffie-Knacht) all who cannot be turned are drove out of their homes and their businesses destroyed, being forced into ghettos or simply executed. This is carried out by Lord Commander Kolo. The next night Klopp secedes from the UK, naming his new Utopia the 'Socialist Peoples Republic of Liverpool', he is supplied with Nukes via a private black market tanker from China. Klopp gets a place on the UN security council. Klopps first act as leader, annex the Wirral and Chester reaching out to Manchester. The Tranmere fans and wools are spared but Mnachester UTD fans are outrightly executed and the Man City fans 'disappear'. Klopp orders LVGs body to be hung from the Liver Buildings as he plants the SPRM(Socialist Peoples Reoublic of Merseyside) into the Liver bird itself. The whole world fears our mighty nation. And rightly they should.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Brendan Rodgers posted:

After Klopp comes he charms the city council into letting him run for mayor, Klopp uses his numerous contacts to plan to secede from the UK. Since many Chinese people love Dortmund and still love Klopp he is granted funds from the Chinese government to carry out his wish, without the knowledge of the British goverment. Over the next decade Klopp wins numerous League Titles, FA Cups, Champions Leagues ect, rallying the people to his side. They love Klopp, the adore their leader, their Eternal Leader Klopp, 'all for one and one for all. They sing, as he parades down Castle street, waving as we is washed in storms of red and white confetti. Klopps last plan before he secedes from the British Empire is a Krystal-Nacht style beat down of all Everton fans who have opposed Klopp(It is dubbed Toffie-Knacht) all who cannot be turned are drove out of their homes and their businesses destroyed, being forced into ghettos or simply executed. This is carried out by Lord Commander Kolo. The next night Klopp secedes from the UK, naming his new Utopia the 'Socialist Peoples Republic of Liverpool', he is supplied with Nukes via a private black market tanker from China. Klopp gets a place on the UN security council. Klopps first act as leader, annex the Wirral and Chester reaching out to Manchester. The Tranmere fans and wools are spared but Mnachester UTD fans are outrightly executed and the Man City fans 'disappear'. Klopp orders LVGs body to be hung from the Liver Buildings as he plants the SPRM(Socialist Peoples Reoublic of Merseyside) into the Liver bird itself. The whole world fears our mighty nation. And rightly they should.

well that quickly took a turn for the strange

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
This is a good page for bad posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Sounds awesome