Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I bought one of these recently:

One of my co-workers swears by this pressure cooker, so I bought the slightly less fancier version of his (mine can't make yoghurt or be controlled with my iPhone). I've already made risotto and chicken adobo with it and the pressure cooker worked like a champ both times. Also it made perfect rice in four minutes after pressurizing. Given how tired I am when I get home from work every day, hopefully this will keep me inspired to still make a proper dinner every night. And now I'm looking forward to picking up some steel-cut oats and having some cinnamon apple or blueberry and banana oatmeal for breakfast in the mornings as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

A filter for my shower head because the water in this new apartment leaves me and my wife itchy as gently caress.

A book for me.

A book for her.

And a brace because I have one seriously hosed up hand. Amazon had no pictures of the right hand one for some reason,

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LivesInGrey posted:

And a brace because I have one seriously hosed up hand. Amazon had no pictures of the right hand one for some reason,

here you go

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You gotta use more than your wrist when you jerk off, man.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I gotta hand it to you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:ocelot:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

kmcormick9 posted:

Decided to get back into hockey after a 15 year hiatus and now my white nike federovs that were the hottest skate in the world back then hurt my feet so bad now.

This was me last year, if you didn't know about the beer league hockey thread.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I bought a plastic carrier bag :britain:.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aphrodite posted:

Didn't Korra end a year ago?

As far as I recall, it's off of the TV lineup but played the last season through their website. Not sure if it's going to get another season because pearl-clutching idiots can't handle a lesbian relationship.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure that if it's canceled it would be ratings so low they forced it to be aired online only, and not homophobia.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that is in fact the reason

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Inzombiac posted:

As far as I recall, it's off of the TV lineup but played the last season through their website. Not sure if it's going to get another season because pearl-clutching idiots can't handle a lesbian relationship.

ugh pearl clutching idiots ruining my children's tv show

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Goons care way too loving much about children's media.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

El_Elegante posted:

ugh pearl clutching idiots ruining my children's tv show

That but unironically. An implied same-sex relationship shouldn't be a big deal, kids' show or not.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Toast Museum posted:

That but unironically. An implied same-sex relationship shouldn't be a big deal, kids' show or not.

except that's not what happened, but goons and their animes trump reality

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Inzombiac posted:

Not sure if it's going to get another season because pearl-clutching idiots can't handle a lesbian relationship.

Same thing finished off Rolie Polie Olie. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

El_Elegante posted:

Huh? The ending of the last season heavily implies a new romantic relationship between Korra and Asami. The creators confirmed it. Conservatives freaked out. A Tale as old as time.

ANYWAY.
I'm hoping to buy the Miyazaki complete collection but every website has a different idea for a release date. I got impatient and picked up Princess Mononoke for 8 clams.

Edit: Ordered cancelled. The collection now has a firm date for Nov 17th.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Oct 5, 2015

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

A few months ago, I bought a one-way ticket to here:

Tomorrow I'm probably going to buy an overpriced airport sandwich and maybe some coffee and then dinner at a restaurant somewhere close to my new apartment.

Welcome to the PNW! Feel free to PM me if you want recos for things like restaurants and stuff to do around the area.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The first thing to do is eat at Dick's

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

I bought a plastic carrier bag :britain:.

This caught me off guard today... Went to get some dinner from my local Morrisons, thought I was in a bloody M&S.

Additionally, I'm 80% confident they replaced their *entire* bank of self-service tills for the bag charge.

[edit] I bought a pack of chicken nuggets. I ate all of them.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

A few months ago, I bought a one-way ticket to here:

Tomorrow I'm probably going to buy an overpriced airport sandwich and maybe some coffee and then dinner at a restaurant somewhere close to my new apartment.

We stayed in Georgetown for a week, and rode the bus into downtown, and it was awesome.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

There were only ever going to be four "books" as a mirror to the first series.

El_Elegante posted:

Yes it is. The creators and writers confirmed that Korra and Asami are in a romantic relationship.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

flosofl posted:

Yes it is. The creators and writers confirmed that Korra and Asami are in a romantic relationship.

I think they mean the imagined poo poo fit over this fact leading to the show being cancelled due to conservative oppression.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Well I know I'll certainly be writing songs called things like "Korra's Super loving Gay" and "On What Principles Was Cabbage Corp Founded" and "Exhumed by Earthbending" on my recent purchase

The cat's just a normal cat, not like a badgercat or w/e

e: actually i'm going to call it "Bi at Best(ie)"

muike has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Oct 5, 2015

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

NotAnArtist posted:

The first thing to do is eat at Dick's

Sure, just invite yourself over. :rolleyes:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

muike posted:

Well I know I'll certainly be writing songs called things like "Korra's Super loving Gay" and "On What Principles Was Cabbage Corp Founded" and "Exhumed by Earthbending" on my recent purchase

The cat's just a normal cat, not like a badgercat or w/e

e: actually i'm going to call it "Bi at Best(ie)"
Aw, what a beauty. The cat.
Ok the guitar's cool too, what's the guitar and how many arms does it cost ?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That cat is all goddamn muscle, I swear to god

The guitar is an Ibanez S5521Q. Recently discontinued, I believe, and I got this secondhand, barely played, for about half MSRP

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I'm going to get scuba certified starting Saturday.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

flosofl posted:

There were only ever going to be four "books" as a mirror to the first series.

Okay then, I will be picking them up soon. Thanks.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

rockcity posted:

If you think a $500 lens is expensive, I do not recommend getting into photography.

Oh I know $500 is nothing. I figured if it was used and a good deal, that those things must retail for serious dough.
In my hobby we have a "cyclists tax" was wondering if it was the same in photography, or if poo poo is priced appropriately.

Digital_Jesus posted:

I decided I hated my mini so I bought this instead.

I also had a tab open for the Forza 6 game thread. Came back to my computer and just figured someone bought that car in the game.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Those big lenses look like a rip off in the same way that TI still sells those same scientific calculators for $100. It's like the same technology from 20 years ago with little to no changes.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Those big lenses look like a rip off in the same way that TI still sells those same scientific calculators for $100. It's like the same technology from 20 years ago with little to no changes.

lol what? moores law dealt with transistors and poo poo it doesn't say jack poo poo about optics

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Mu Zeta posted:

There can't be as much room for improvement on a mechanical part like a lens, though, right? I mean, I've read about improvements for small phone lenses, but I figured it didn't really translate to big fancy lenses. Photo people, what's the story?

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Toast Museum posted:

There can't be as much room for improvement on a mechanical part like a lens, though, right? I mean, I've read about improvements for small phone lenses, but I figured it didn't really translate to big fancy lenses. Photo people, what's the story?

The way they're constructed, there isn't much they can do to simplify those large lenses or make them more compact. There are other kinds of serious cameras with simpler setups (google rangefinder cameras), but I think right now they're only made by very high-end retailers and so are also expensive (and I believe they ARE of quality worth the price).

And while phones and point-and-shoots are really amazing and better every year, their use is limited. Long-range shots, low-light photography, and simple versatility is still the domain of more complex setups and lens collections. I think making high-end photography significantly cheaper would require a totally new mechanical or maybe digital advancement.

But that's more than enough derail. And of course you can find an incredible wealth of info about how DSLRs and other cameras work and why they work that way by googling or asking questions of the pros in the Dorkroom subforum!

But I AM very curious why graphing calculators don't drop in price or find competition from apps.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Even if it's developed, product quality control in optics is not cheap. I work in the industrial microscope field and also work with a lot of optics manufacturers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a pint of Karhu III it's pretty tasty welp that's my drinking-without-having-eaten-anything-all-day story hope you enjoyed it :tipshat:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hydrocodone posted:

But I AM very curious why graphing calculators don't drop in price or find competition from apps.

https://sat.collegeboard.org/register/calculator-policy

quote:

Unacceptable calculators

You are not allowed to use any of the following items as a calculator:

Laptops or other computers, tablets, cell phones, or smartphones
Models that can access the Internet, have wireless, Bluetooth, cellular, audio/video recording and playing, camera, or any other smart phone type feature
Models that have typewriter-like keypad, pen-input, or stylus
Models that use electrical outlets, make noise, or have a paper tape
Calculator function on a mobile phone
In addition, the use of hardware peripherals such as a stylus with an approved calculator is not permitted. Some models with touch-screen capability are not permitted (e.g., Casio ClassPad). Check the list of acceptable calculators for models that are permitted.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Hydrocodone posted:

http://mic.com/articles/125829/your-old-texas-instruments-graphing-calculator-still-costs-a-fortune-heres-why

TL;DR: US standardised testing.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I forgot I'm one of very few that owns one for fun, to help work out idle curiosities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There's like three of them in my house for some reason, I should sell a couple on eBay