Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Al Borland posted:

Do what germany did. FInd someone else to blame for all the problems. When we pop out of warp whatever species or planet we find blame them and say it was all a greedy conspiracy by them.

Then genocide.

So, you're suggesting we blame everything on the skinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Obscil posted:

So, you're suggesting we blame everything on the skinks?

We could, or the slave haldians, or whatever race we come upon. That way we can loot and plunder them with ease.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

command sugaba to start printing space money at an exponential rate to get us out of this mess

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 6, 2015

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

comedyblissoption posted:

command sugaba to start printing space money at an exponential rate to get us out of this mess

I second monetary policy. If people are complaining that they're poor just give them all more money. It's the easiest (and laziest) solution

simplefish fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 6, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Asterios posted:

The best way out of a financial crisis is to lie about it. The Captian & SuGaBA cook up a report blaming the SGSX crash a latent Disco Alliance computer virus called "The Hustle." We claim the virus has been flushed, and we're restoring the index to pre-crash levels the moment everyone sobers up or gets out of sickbay!

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Asterios posted:

The best way out of a financial crisis is to lie about it. The Captian & SuGaBA cook up a report blaming the SGSX crash a latent Disco Alliance computer virus called "The Hustle." We claim the virus has been flushed, and we're restoring the index to pre-crash levels the moment everyone sobers up or gets out of sickbay!

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Asterios posted:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
1. Give a slave for each soldier and promise to double their rations
2. Bring back Feudalism and give back all the titles and knight all of the soldiers
3. Start a serf and gold coin based economy
4. Crush all riots ruthlessly

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Asterios posted:

Yeah, just replace the actual stock ticker with a looped animation of a line graph sloping upwards.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Yeah, just replace the actual stock ticker with a looped animation of a line graph sloping upwards.

do it like the Romney funding ticker have it scale upwards with time passing.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Asterios posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Asterios posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Short update:

The completed page:

Each of these options does something different right now and has a larger effect later on. So far we're going for "just make SuGaBA put it back the way it was" which ends up tilting the ship back towards feudalism.

Asterios posted:

pretty much how it shakes out.

Anyway here's our new Comms officer, randomly picked from the deck this time:

I'll check again in a couple hours to make sure we're still going with this option, then scan in the next few pages.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Since going full Hitler didn't get any love I'm happy with how this turned out.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gilganixon posted:

Anyway here's our new Comms officer, randomly picked from the deck this time:

:3:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Paparific!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Digging the nipple rings v nice

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Initiate full Communism now! :ussr:

Assuming this is turn to page 232. Obviously SuGaBa will have to manage lots of the planned economy.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I see zero problem giving even more control over to SuGaBA. Full communism.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

At some point we'll have to put the whoa on SuGaBa, or else it's going to expand itself to the point that it'll need us to do work to take care of it, and then we shall be the slaves.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

the_steve posted:

At some point we'll have to put the whoa on SuGaBa, or else it's going to expand itself to the point that it'll need us to do work to take care of it, and then we shall be the slaves.

We don't need a rampant AI on our hands.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the_steve posted:

That's the point we started at. The only actions we've taken without the bridge computer have been miserable failures - barely winning a fight against primitives in the tutorial system, and some pitiful dance moves against the robots.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gilganixon posted:

That's the point we started at. The only actions we've taken without the bridge computer have been miserable failures - barely winning a fight against primitives in the tutorial system, and some pitiful dance moves against the robots.

But as it stands, it's still our Croc-Nanny, and still more or less has to take care of us.
If we let go of the leash too much, it's going to gain enough leeway to start forcing us serve it, and expect us to be competent.
That's my assumption at least. I've read up on bits and pieces, but I don't actually know any big spoilers, I was more about the fantasy books.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
go full hitler. It'll pay off well when we encounter the space crabs.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

the_steve posted:

But as it stands, it's still our Croc-Nanny, and still more or less has to take care of us.
If we let go of the leash too much, it's going to gain enough leeway to start forcing us serve it, and expect us to be competent.
That's my assumption at least. I've read up on bits and pieces, but I don't actually know any big spoilers, I was more about the fantasy books.

I think having SuGaBa get tired of our whining incompetence and enslave the caiman race should count as a "good ending," for what it's worth.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update
We went with the sensible option of "make the computer fix it":

We made the ship a worse place to be for everyone except us and our immediate supporters! Nothing on the ship works quite as well any more and it pretty much breaks the Valet's main special ability (if this one dies we might wind up with a Caiman there and that will suck). Crapulence drops back ro its initial level and from now on failing a test will cost us 1 HULL as the peons accidentally do serious damage while scavenging.
Moving on we are about to appear in the Atlas system:

We took 8 days to get here (I spent 10 energy used Crockheart's ability to speed it up by one daymake up for the extra day that we would have lost towing that corpse, because getting to Atlas on day 19 doesn't leave us any time for sightseeing). In that time Luxury Yacht returned to his post, still mauled and still wounded. It might be worth using the valet to ditch him but I'll leave that up to y'all.

Dented Garrrrrrn rolled 6 Expertise and 3 fists for this sector so we have a decent shield officer.

Our new comms officer doesn't eat the Valet on this jump.

Anyway the date is 2049.272 so moving on to 456:

What's our next move?

Latest manifest:

Our location:

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 7, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

set up an ambush

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
gently caress fighting. Let's just leave

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I uploaded a scan of the wrong page (it was from a butchered later edition). That's been fixed now.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
book it to meor (if that's the right spelling). The other two are likely to have filthy paws and hands on them. So lets get our filthy claws on untouched spoils this time.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Fellbat posted:

book it to meor (if that's the right spelling). The other two are likely to have filthy paws and hands on them. So lets get our filthy claws on untouched spoils this time.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Reach into the debris cloud (don't fly into it though) and stuff our cosmonaut's pockets with random handfuls of metal and redshirt Popsicles to snack on later.

We probably need to replace some of the circuit boards and stuff from earlier, and who doesn't like a free space buffet?

Once we've filled our pockets, jump to the next place. The next place being MEDIA

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
There might be debris from one of the playable race ships in that cloud, it might be worth checking it out before moving to the next zone. Maybe the electrically charged cloud can somehow recharge ship energy or something too.

Let's not forget that we can look at the high-def version of the map if we can't read the low-fi one, see...

So I think we should investigate debris cloud before continuing to Media

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

HJE-Cobra posted:

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Yeah, sounds like this sector has been worked over by those rear end in a top hat-licking cats and regular-thing licking humans. If we can figure out what sort of battle took place here and get any info, do it quickly, but otherwise lets jet to the next system.

Leaving on a crock plane. Don't know when we'll be back again.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

HJE-Cobra posted:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Absorb whatever energy you can in under a day and let our giant body digest it as we GTFO.

Let's face it...the real fun will start when we catch up to the Cattes or Hoomans. Our feudal system will thrive with a fresh influx of slaves and/or meat.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
GTFO of there this sector probably sucks rear end anyways.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

HJE-Cobra posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

HJE-Cobra posted:

And if there's some way to use it to recharge ship energy, DO IT. We need ship energy pretty badly at this point.

• Locked thread