Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ChocNitty posted:

Guys, Forza is a sim. There's nothing sim about exploiting glitches for free cars. Go play Need For Speed.
It's all about ethics in driving sim car acquisition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

ChocNitty posted:

Guys, Forza is a sim. There's nothing sim about exploiting glitches for free cars. Go play Need For Speed.

GTA thread, we meet again

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The dorks at r/forza are legitimately debating the ethics of the glitch.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In my experience of gaming for some time now, 100% of the time when I use money cheats I immediately quit having any interest in the game.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
While my garage gently grooowsss...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

In my experience of gaming for some time now, 100% of the time when I use money cheats I immediately quit having any interest in the game.

I kept playing Forza 2 long after I did the money exploit in that game, and I kept playing Forza 4 despite (or perhaps due to) earning so much money that I could buy anything any time I wanted (hell I even gave 20 million credits to a guy on my friends list to help him get started). The first like 50 races or so in Forza are fun when you're money limited, but at least for me, after I've played for a bit I just want to not worry about money ever again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ether Frenzy posted:

In this case, all you're doing is giving yourself access to more fun cars to drive. How could that ruin the game?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I can have every car in the game. I can have a ridiculous amount of money.
It does not change the fact that SinglePlayer is still much more difficult than I remember, nor does it change the fact that when I race you folks online I still will not drive a magic bullet car that launches me to the front. I will still have to practice and drive with the most care I can summon.

GTCC and GRC racers are all better drivers than I. So I have a bigger garage. Won't mean anything when it's time to perform.

I don't really care to grind FM. I nabbed some cars and a little money. This does not change my interest in playing the game.

To be honest, I have played games that were ruined when I learned a cheat, because it took the fear away. This isn't a factor in FM6. The fear remains!

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s
gently caress it, I'm doing this as soon as I get in from work.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I exploited the hell out of the glitch. Bought most of the 1.2MM+ CR cars.

I assume this will be patched with the first dlc car pack, then someone will try it and lose the credits, but not get the car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The game kinda shits money and cars at you. Not going to bother with the glitch. Mostly cuz I'm to lazy.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Every car in the new DLC is completely new to Forza, yay (and holy poo poo the IMSA 300ZX).

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SncwA1V05c

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Best thing in the pack:

quote:

2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine
One advantage this Cadillac XTS Limousine has is its length. You are not going to just fly by this vehicle. It’s long. When toting around VIPs, you need a limousine and that’s where this rig comes in. Plunk down in its luxurious interior and watch a movie while Jeeves puts in a few laps or use it as a canvas for an elongated livery. With 300 horsepower in the stock version (and don’t forget you can upgrade this thing with a NASCAR engine), it’s no slouch. If you want to practice your cornering skills, the Limo will give you a new perspective on watching out behind you. Simply put, this is one hulking and fancy piece of machinery that has no business on the track. All the more reason to have it in Forza Motorsport 6 we say.
I love that last line too. Stupid cars are the key to keeping things fun. I can't wait to play tag with that beast.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Heyyyy lead car miles ahead seems fixed.

Also Forzatune 6 is pretty nice. Some cars i was having issues dialing in feel great now.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Odd, the official description under the video with the car list states that it's 7 cars, and the list has 7 cars. However, the video shows the Infiniti and it's not mentioned in the description. I guess if it's the free car of the pack they don't count it?

Anyway, 8 cool new cars. Exciting!

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
People on the INTERNET are mad that T10 put out a limo. Is SA an echochamber of sanity?

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 6, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

robotsinmyhead posted:

People on the INTERNET are made that T10 put out a limo. Is SA an echochamber of sanity?

People got mad when somebody modded in Mario Kart tracks into Assetto Corsa, so yes.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

holocaust bloopers posted:

People got mad when somebody modded in Mario Kart tracks into Assetto Corsa, so yes.

poo poo, that owns

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yep, it's a strange form of brain damage that seems to affect the "sim" community, doing anything that's not up to their standards of realism makes you a horrible person. Somehow the fact that you can do something they wouldn't ruins their experience.

gently caress that poo poo, Reliant Robins on Rainbow Road all day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well the sim community tends to draw some fanatical people who use these games to enact some crazy person fantasy. The flight sim community is mostly awful as well.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Odd, the official description under the video with the car list states that it's 7 cars, and the list has 7 cars. However, the video shows the Infiniti and it's not mentioned in the description. I guess if it's the free car of the pack they don't count it?

Anyway, 8 cool new cars. Exciting!

The infinity is not part of the monthly DLC, it's part of the title update and is free for everyone.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
So they fixed the leaderboard boning Mini Cooper and some other cars and made cars with drivetrain swaps ineligible for leaderboard times, if I'm reading that correctly, fixed the SuperAI cars, threw in some MP start rules (staggered rolloffs, grid order by previous race fastest lap) but still no mention of the voicechat bug :(

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

WienerDog posted:

The infinity is not part of the monthly DLC, it's part of the title update and is free for everyone.
Ah, cool, thanks.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

robotsinmyhead posted:

So they fixed the leaderboard boning Mini Cooper and some other cars and made cars with drivetrain swaps ineligible for leaderboard times, if I'm reading that correctly, fixed the SuperAI cars, threw in some MP start rules (staggered rolloffs, grid order by previous race fastest lap) but still no mention of the voicechat bug :(

:siren: GRID ORDER BY PREVIOUS RACE FASTEST LAP AND STAGGERED ROLLOFFS TOGETHER!!! THAT MEANS QUALIFYING. :siren:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

robotsinmyhead posted:

Nah, they're wiping the leaderboards of all drivetrain-swapped cars (there goes my RWD Shelby Raptor, gently caress you T10), since they made some adjustments to the PI calculations I guess, but they're not banning them entirely.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Beaten by gutbumb, but i love the qualifying news as well. 2-3 laps before each race, traffic might mix it up, ect.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I will send Dan Greenawalt a dick pic if T10 adds additional granularity to selecting cars in the free play mode.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Nah, they're wiping the leaderboards of all drivetrain-swapped cars (there goes my RWD Shelby Raptor, gently caress you T10), since they made some adjustments to the PI calculations I guess, but they're not banning them entirely.
They did this not long after the release of FM4 as well, I think with the Dodge Dart and a couple other cars. Makes you wonder how with all the playtesting they must have done, how they can't find cheater cars and balance them before the game launches. They've got at least one guy on staff who can set top leaderboard times, so it's not like they don't have the talent for finding them.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
The combinations of cars + DTs is enormous. Obviously, whatever algorithm/method they use for this could use work, but I can't fault them for missing a few things.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

In this case, all you're doing is giving yourself access to more fun cars to drive. How could that ruin the game?

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't do this however they want. I'm just saying I'm not going to do it, because with limited time to play games these days I always find myself feeling like I've ruined any self-created challenge when I do things that artificially change the rate of progression in games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

They did this not long after the release of FM4 as well, I think with the Dodge Dart and a couple other cars. Makes you wonder how with all the playtesting they must have done, how they can't find cheater cars and balance them before the game launches. They've got at least one guy on staff who can set top leaderboard times, so it's not like they don't have the talent for finding them.

There's no way play testers could test every combination of car and upgrade. Eventually a user will randomly find a combination that works as a cheater car and you hope they fix it. Hopefully Microsoft isn't so draconian about updates as they were on 360. Back when they thought making patches really expensive and hard to certify would somehow cause developers to make better games.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Turn10 posted:

Fixed an issue with rewind, where players could not rewind when AI cars were in the pits. With this fix, players will now be able to rewind, even when AI cars are pitted.

This has been an issue in every Forza game. I'm a bit surprised, and pleased, that they finally fixed it.

Did they fix the free car glitch? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The glitch appears to have just come out. There's no way they had enough time to get a fix together and get it into the patch before it went to testing.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

There's no way play testers could test every combination of car and upgrade. Eventually a user will randomly find a combination that works as a cheater car and you hope they fix it. Hopefully Microsoft isn't so draconian about updates as they were on 360. Back when they thought making patches really expensive and hard to certify would somehow cause developers to make better games.

The strange thing is that I think something similar (drivetrain swap completely breaks the PI system on lightweight cars, Minis end up topping the leaderboards) happening in Forza 5, and earlier games had PI issues of their own (I remember the AWD swap completely breaking one game, and never really being fixed), so whatever system Turn 10 uses to calculate PI appears to have some kind of underlying flaw that shows up every time a new game comes out.

Has anyone else noticed that the drivatars seem to be pants-on-head retarded when it comes to driving anything with lots of downforce? With road cars, the AI seems to be reasonably competent, but with the (70's or modern) F1 or Indy cars, I have no trouble driving a couple seconds per lap faster than the AI on "pro" or "unbeatable", and there's frequently AI cars ending up in the runoffs on basically any track that has them.

azflyboy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 6, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

azflyboy posted:

The strange thing is that I think something similar (drivetrain swap completely breaks the PI system on lightweight cars, Minis end up topping the leaderboards) happening in Forza 5, and earlier games had PI issues of their own (I remember the AWD swap completely breaking one game, and never really being fixed), so whatever system Turn 10 uses to calculate PI appears to have some kind of underlying flaw that shows up every time a new game comes out.

Simply put, the PI system doesn't work on every car and there's always a few cars that end up being over powered for whatever reason. You get the same thing in games like Call of Duty where one or two guns end up being super overpowered compared to the rest. There's no way Turn 10 would have the man power to go through 400-500 cars and make sure there's not any cars that will become overpowered with the right upgrades.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The limo is fun to drive as long as its not facing a sharp corner... Long Beach in the limo was a real struggle. You can hilariously turn block people though if you get the inside.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The limo is fun to drive as long as its not facing a sharp corner... Long Beach in the limo was a real struggle. You can hilariously turn block people though if you get the inside.

Yeah I ran the limo and upped it to S-class for a few online races just now for some fun without really tuning it and took out about 4 other players on the first turn of Catalunya.

On another note: I tried the forzatune 6 app - I wish I didn't waste $2 on it, not even worth it as a base tune, IMO.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey wow Prague looks significantly better than F5. The track itself seems improved overall. Wider in the uphill section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Limo owns, guys.

• Locked thread