Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

antisocial posted:

I need a RB he needs a WR. 10 team no ppr.

Offer came in of his Foster for my Megatron

I have Hilton, Keenan Allen, and Amari Cooper, Steve Smith and Stevie Johnson behind Megatron.

I'm thinking I'm selling Megatron too low but I have a lot of good depth behind him...

No PPR i would take that trade, you have decent depth to get you by at WR. Megatron is seeing lots of targets, but not many deep passes as the lions o-line isn't giving Stafford much time, which hurts him a lot in non PPR as he gets decent amount of catches for garbage amount of yards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Who wins in 0.5 ppr

Drew Brees
Joe Randle

for

Chris Ivory
Jason Witten

Brees owner has Carson Palmer and lost Jordan Reed, Witten owner has Jimmy Graham and lost Romo (Has been starting Stafford)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
QB: Brees
RB: Ingram, Bernard,
WR: D. Thomas, J. Matthews, K. Wright,
TE: Kelce
Flex: K. Wright
D: Seattle
K: Tucker

Bench: Newton-Bye, L.McCoy-D, Decker-Bye, R. Matthews-Bye

Sitting at 1-3 and not sure where too really go. Neither of the Matthews' have been giving me anything. Not sure what I should go for on the waivers this week.

Standard scoring with 5pt bonus for 100 yards.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

ZIGfried posted:

Who wins in 0.5 ppr

Drew Brees
Joe Randle

for

Chris Ivory
Jason Witten

Brees owner has Carson Palmer and lost Jordan Reed, Witten owner has Jimmy Graham and lost Romo (Has been starting Stafford)

Edit: Derp, I misread Joe Randle as Lance Dunbar somehow. Disregard.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MalleusDei posted:

How do I win with this team (0-4 in a 1-ppr league):

QB: Mariota (Had Romo)
RBs: E. Lacy, L. Murray
WRs: M. Evans, A. Boldin
TE: K. Rudolph
Flex: G. Bernard
D: Had the Panthers, which wasn't great until last week.
K: Streaming, been fine
Bench: A. Jeffery, VJax, D. McFadden, D. Baldwin, R. Matthews. A. Andrews

Last week I lost 'cause I started Evans instead of Jackson (lost by 10, Vjax put up 30, Evans put up 6). There's not a lot of guys available on the wire, and some of the folks are pretty active, so picking guys up weekly can be tough.

Edit: I have a history of sucking in this league, I went 3-10 in the regular season last year, but won out in the loser's playoff bracket.

This team has cancer. This is a good example of a situation where it makes sense to blow up your team by offering your best player for a squadron of startable players. E.g. Lacy for a low WR1 (Fitzgerald/Sanders/Hopkins), solid RB2 (Gore, Forsett, Hyde), and TE1 (Kelce, Eifert, Olsen, Bennett).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZIGfried posted:

Who wins in 0.5 ppr

Drew Brees
Joe Randle

for

Chris Ivory
Jason Witten

Person getting Ivory/Witten probably comes out ahead.

I really believe the rumors that Brees' arm is hosed. He looks like a low end QB2 every time he goes out there and he's checking down to intermediate and short routes like every single time. Randle also will probably be on his way out of fantasy relevance due to so many teams stacking the box versus Weedon. Jets look legit and Ivory looks like a legit 3 down back which could put him on RB1 radar for the rest of the season. Witten is just an immortal PPR god.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Trade offer I was gonna turn down, but...I'm thinking about it. Here's my team (my work league, 10 man, 0.5 PPR):

Trade offer sent to me:

I trade:
Gronk
Arian Foster
Emmanuel Sanders
Ronnie Hillman
Ryan Tannesuck

I get:
Matt Forte
Greg Olsen
Randal Cobb
TY Hilton

I was gonna turn this down, because I JUST traded for Gronk. But...should I? A lineup of Julio/Cobb/TY/LeVeon/Forte/Olsen doesn't sound bad.

89 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 7, 2015

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
guy wants to do this trade with me:

I am Bald Luck...

http://i.imgur.com/bfS4y2u.png

I don't see it.

Edit: Lol, and they just keep coming, why does no one ever want to do a fair trade?

http://i.imgur.com/JwwrXqR.png

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 7, 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Both of those are pretty decent offers for you if you're in PPR

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

T Bowl posted:

guy wants to do this trade with me:

I am Bald Luck...

http://i.imgur.com/bfS4y2u.png

I don't see it.

Edit: Lol, and they just keep coming, why does no one ever want to do a fair trade?

http://i.imgur.com/JwwrXqR.png

LOL at that 2nd one.

The first one seemed fair enough. Matt Jones has lost snaps in WAS. It is starting to look like a 3 RBBC with Chris Thompson after last week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pjhalifax posted:

I’ve watched most of the Skins games this year and predicting when they’re going to feature Morris or Jones is going to be tough. Could be match ups, or how guys look on a particular day. A Post article this week mentioned that the RB coach (Randy Jordan) determines which back goes in on a series based on each guy looks that day. John Keim on ESPN just wrote that they expect Morris to get 65% of the carries…it’s all guessing to me.

I’m not sure Thompson is that big of a threat to make it a true 3-way RBBC — he had a 40+ yard run on a draw play that might make his Philly stats a little misleading, and he seems to be limited to 3rd downs rather than staying in for an entire series. Then again, Gruden & Co. seem to shift preferences on the fly so who knows what’ll happen next.

Anyway, I’d stash Jones away if I could — he’s as explosive as folks say — but I’m in a league that allows a lot of bench/IR spots so people hoard RBs like crazy. Someone drafted Jones late and he’s never hit the waiver wire.

Having said that, I don’t know much about Duke Johnson other than him taking more and more snaps away from Crowell, who I have and can’t figure out (except that he kinda sucks, I guess). So Johnson could very well be the better bet over Jones.

edit -- I realized I didn't answer your question directly re: Jones vs. Philly. None of the RBs looked that great until Morris woke up during the last drive, TBH. Wasn't Jones' day but he might tear up Atlanta.

Thanks for the writeup. I think I might just stick with Jones for now. Seems like the higher upside stash to me.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Anyone else hype for Vick 2 Bryant? I'm flexing Martavis right out the gate because :chiyo: and gently caress winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZhBtFlHSc

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
A guy in one of my leagues says he'll move L. Bell for a top QB and a decent WR and RB. It's PPR. He sounds desperate even though he's only 2-2.

Would Peyton, VJax and Rashad Jennings for Bell, Vick and Marvin Lewis be insulting? I own Big Ben so I'll have a good QB in a few weeks. I'm also in first place at 4-0.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Just made a trade that can hopefully jumpstart my crappy 0-4 season. 12 teams, no PPR.

I give: Randle, Tate
I get: Gronk

We don't have a TE spot just a W/T flex but Gronk is still a WR1 when he's on. I like Randle behind that Dallas O-line but that whole situation has been really frustrating. And Tate just isn't getting it done for me this year. That leaves me with Gore, Forsett and Karlos Williams at RB and Maclin, Gronk and whoever at WR.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
PPR league, and I need to pick a QB and a DST (since the Panthers are on a bye this week) to stream.

As far as DSTs go, the Patriots, Giants, and Chiefs are available. I'm leaning towards the Patriots since the Cowboys are a mess, but was thinking the Chiefs are playing the Bears so...

As far as QBs go, I currently have Carr since Big Ben is out and I am trying to see if any of the following QBs available would be better:

Should I try to pick up Bortles and drop Carr? Should I keep Carr and try to grab a better DST instead? I feel like Carr's going to have a terrible game since his matchup sucks this week. Any advice anyone please?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

A guy in one of my leagues says he'll move L. Bell for a top QB and a decent WR and RB. It's PPR. He sounds desperate even though he's only 2-2.

Would Peyton, VJax and Rashad Jennings for Bell, Vick and Marvin Lewis be insulting? I own Big Ben so I'll have a good QB in a few weeks. I'm also in first place at 4-0.

Yeah, that's incredibly insulting, haha. Peyton isn't a top QB, neither VJax nor Jennings are really "decent" if that means every week startable, and you're asking for Vick and Marvin Jones (I assume) on top. E: That being said, of course try something like this. I'd start with a better RB or WR than one of those two, though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Haha. I figured. Other WRs I could offer would be Alshon or Hopkins. Other RBs would be Hillman, KWill or Sproles. I'm not moving Peterson.

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
Is Tannehill droppable in a standard 10 team league? I have Dalton as my other QB and I wouldn't mind picking someone not playing the Seahawks this week.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ubiquitous rex posted:

Is Tannehill droppable in a standard 10 team league? I have Dalton as my other QB and I wouldn't mind picking someone not playing the Seahawks this week.

Yeah. Nobody is going to rush to snatch up an underperforming QB3 on a team whose coach just got fired, on bye.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Haha. I figured. Other WRs I could offer would be Alshon or Hopkins. Other RBs would be Hillman, KWill or Sproles. I'm not moving Peterson.

For something closer to "fair," something like Jeffery + Karlos is probably decent. Maybe make it Peyton, Jeffery, and Sproles, and you can get back Vick and Marvin Jones or whoever? Give yourself some room to negotiate without putting out too unfair a first offer.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Just got offered

Receive
Lynch
Sproles
Landry

Give
Deon Lewis
Chris Ivory
Donte Moncrief

Other WRs are
ODB
Denarius Thomas
Crabtree
Dez Bryant

Other RBs
CJA
Bernard
Crowell

3wrs 2rbs and 0ppr

No idea what to do with this one leaning towards declining

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ I dont like this for you. The best player is banged up, amongst other issues with overall value imbalance.

Suave Fedora posted:

Thoughts?

BONERTIME trades Danny Woodhead, SD RB to SHITKABIBBLE
BONERTIME trades Jordan Cameron, Mia TE to SHITKABIBBLE
SHITKABIBBLE trades Travis Kelce, KC TE to BONERTIME
SHITKABIBBLE trades Shane Vereen, NYG RB to BONERTIME

I'm BONERTIME, and my current TEs are Ebron (dropping for Owen Daniels) and Jordan Cameron.
My RB depth is pretty good, with Woodhead and Spiller being my worst backs. Also have Dion, Forsett, Jamaal.

After we squabbled back and forth a few times with trades that kept growing, we simplified down to his Kelce for Woodhead. I'm pretty happy with that.

Thanks for your feedback; it helped having external eyes on it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

RVProfootballer posted:

For something closer to "fair," something like Jeffery + Karlos is probably decent. Maybe make it Peyton, Jeffery, and Sproles, and you can get back Vick and Marvin Jones or whoever? Give yourself some room to negotiate without putting out too unfair a first offer.

Yeah, it's the "room to negotiate" I'm worried about. I don't want to overoffer, but there's such a big gap between Nuk and Jeffery and the rest of my WRs value wise. I also don't necessarily need to ask for players back. I'd be content with a 3 for 1 or 3 for 2 but not sure if that's what he wants.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Who's the waiver add here with WRs in 1PPR?

Snead
Hurns
Kamar Aiken
Terrence Williams

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

89 posted:

Trade offer I was gonna turn down, but...I'm thinking about it. Here's my team (my work league, 10 man, 0.5 PPR):
I trade:
Gronk
Arian Foster
Emmanuel Sanders
Ronnie Hillman
Ryan Tannesuck

I get:
Matt Forte
Greg Olsen
Randal Cobb
TY Hilton

I was gonna turn this down, because I JUST traded for Gronk. But...should I? A lineup of Julio/Cobb/TY/LeVeon/Forte/Olsen doesn't sound bad.
Man, I wish I could cook up trades like this one. Trading half your team to someone else for half their team? Ballsy.

It's hard to evaluate trades with so much material, but ultimately, I think the steep dropoff from Olsen to Gronk (it's seriously like a 10 point a game difference) might be worth the cumulative upgrades you're getting at RB and WR. Forte is probably a little better than Foster in half PPR, same with Cobb over Sanders. Hillman to Hilton in particular is a great upgrade from a waiver wire guy who might be in a timeshare all season to a guy who will probably be a premium WR2 at worst. Who cares about Ryan Tannehill.

Don't forget that you need a bye guy for Olsen this week if this goes through.

Enforka fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 7, 2015

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I am looking to make a move but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I need an upgrade at that's worth while. On the left I'm looking to drop Ebron for Allen Hurns and CJA for Ronnie Hillman on the WW - that team is 1-3 so I'll likely get one or both (Hillman for CJA being number one priority). On the right, I'm not making any significant moves. Both I'm looking at the Packers Defense for the Jets.

Is there any glaring hole? Again, the team on the left is 1-3, the team on the right is 3-1 (and is leading in points scored).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Enforka posted:

Man, I wish I could cook up trades like this one. Trading half your team to someone else for half their team? Ballsy.

It's hard to evaluate trades with so much material, but ultimately, I think the steep dropoff from Olsen to Gronk (it's seriously like a 10 point a game difference) might be worth the cumulative upgrades you're getting at RB and WR. Forte is probably a little better than Foster in half PPR, same with Cobb over Sanders. Hillman to Hilton in particular is a great upgrade from a waiver wire guy who might be in a timeshare all season to a guy who will probably be a premium WR2 at worst. Who cares about Ryan Tannehill.

That's what I'm thinking. I might do it.

Owen Daniels against Oakland sounds good for a fill in this week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Daniels has a pretty good matchup next week too against Cleveland

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
In a position where I want to hold onto Carolina's Defense over their bye week, but I also don't have anyone else on my team that seems worth dropping (don't want to give a freebee to the competition).

Q: Ryan, Palmer
W: Cooper, Evans, Maclin, SSS, Wright
R: AP, Foster, Forsett, Freeman
T: Eifert, JT
K: Tucker
D: Carolina

My matchup will be played out before SNF this week, so I'm thinking about rolling w/ no D through the late games, and then picking up either NYG (though someone will likely pick them up tonight to stream), SD, PIT or SF (SNF/MNF teams) if I'm behind at that point. Is that crazy? I'd lose out on the opportunity to get one of the better D's currently available (Cincinnati and NYG are the best, then it's pretty barren), but that would keep Carolina (or whoever else I'd drop) locked until waivers clear next week.

In another league I'm pretty thin at WR. Are any of these potential drops worth holding onto?
Drop (any of): Golden Tate, Terrance Williams, Marvin Jones
Add (any of): Hankerson, Aiken, Crabtree, Tavon Austin, Snead, Ginn?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

This team has cancer. This is a good example of a situation where it makes sense to blow up your team by offering your best player for a squadron of startable players. E.g. Lacy for a low WR1 (Fitzgerald/Sanders/Hopkins), solid RB2 (Gore, Forsett, Hyde), and TE1 (Kelce, Eifert, Olsen, Bennett).

Is McCoy a consideration? I could probably work a trade with a Packer's fan in my league for something like McCoy/Hopkins/Olsen for Lacy and a receiver or something.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Does anyone think starting Mariota is a good idea against Buffalo? This has to be Buffalo's bounce back game where they get 10 sacks and just murder the rookie right? And mariota has played against 3 very poor defenses so far.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Enforka posted:

I turned him down and he's getting desperate for Gronk now. New offer from him:

I give:
Gronk
Emmanuel Sanders
Tannehill
Chris Johnson

I get:
Matt Forte
Randall Cobb
TY Hilton
Greg Olsen

---

My lineup after that would look like:

QB: Tyrod Taylor
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Randall Cobb
RB: LeVeon Bell
RB: Arian Foster
FLEX: Matt Forte
TE: Greg Olsen
kicker: whatever
Defense: whatever

This is my current lineup:

WR: Emmanuel Sanders
FLEX: Jordan Matthews
TE: Gronk

Which do you like better?

This is a 10 man, 0.5 PPR league (my work league, lol....made many trades)

Should I do it? I don't want to get rid of Gronk...but....

89 fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 7, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MalleusDei posted:

Is McCoy a consideration? I could probably work a trade with a Packer's fan in my league for something like McCoy/Hopkins/Olsen for Lacy and a receiver or something.

Definitely. Any of these guys are in the RB2 discussion:

Mark Ingram
Frank Gore
Carlos Hyde
Justin Forsett
Devonta Freeman
LeSean McCoy
Todd Gurley
Christopher Ivory
DeMarco Murray
Joseph Randle
Melvin Gordon

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
How does this trade seem? It is a dynasty league, 0 ppr.
I give up:
Carlos Hyde
Devin Funchess
Mike Davis
2017 4th round pick

I get:
Tyler Eifert
Lesean McCoy
Ronnie Hillman
2016 2nd round pick.

Hyde obviously has more upside than McCoy but I really want to get away from the tire fire that the 49ers are. Hillman and Eifert are clearly much better than Funchess and Davis and my only other TE is Clay.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

I turned him down and he's getting desperate for Gronk now. New offer from him:

I give:
Gronk
Emmanuel Sanders
Tannehill
Chris Johnson

I get:
Matt Forte
Randall Cobb
TY Hilton
Greg Olsen

---

My lineup after that would look like:

WR: Randall Cobb
FLEX: Matt Forte
TE: Greg Olsen
kicker: whatever
Defense: whatever

This is my current lineup:

WR: Emmanuel Sanders
FLEX: Jordan Matthews
TE: Gronk

Which do you like better?

This is a 10 man, 0.5 PPR league (my work league, lol....made many trades)

Should I do it? I don't want to get rid of Gronk...but....

The gain from Cobb over Sanders is 3 ppg. The drop-off from Gronk to Olsen is a little over 10 points ppg. Can Olsen gain ground? Sure but I think Gronk will continue to maintain a healthy distance from the next tier. While the trade is equitable, we are already in week 4 and that's when you have to look at the reality picture versus the skill or ADP picture. In a vacuum, Gronk for Forte + Cobb could be great for both sides but I think your team is good enough to stand pat.

What is your record?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

How does this trade seem? It is a dynasty league, 0 ppr.
I give up:
Carlos Hyde
Devin Funchess
Mike Davis
2017 4th round pick

I get:
Tyler Eifert
Lesean McCoy
Ronnie Hillman
2016 2nd round pick.

Hyde obviously has more upside than McCoy but I really want to get away from the tire fire that the 49ers are. Hillman and Eifert are clearly much better than Funchess and Davis and my only other TE is Clay.

I'm not a dynasty guy but I don't like this for you. Giving up too much youth upside that you drafted with an intention to wait n see.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
I have a bench spot that I'm opening up by dropping Stevie Johnson (Injured, Gates is back). Available as FAs include

CJ?K
Blount
Ronnie Hillman

I cant decide.. I have Bell/K Williams/Randle/Gio on my roster so I should grab someone. Randle's making a fool of himself with the coaches (both other Cowboy backs are FAs as well) and K Williams might be concussed. Thoughts?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

So, I picked up Dalton since Romo done got himself killed, but I'm slightly nervous about him going up against the Hawks this week. There are a ton of potential spot starts free in my league (Bradford, Cutler, Smith, Bortles, Flacco, Stafford).
I'd probably drop Antonio Andrews or Matt Jones to get him (other RBs: ADP, Lacy, Latavius, Foster, Hillman). Is that panicking too much? Should I just let Dalton continue to outperform himself or will the Hawks actually manage to get significant pressure and force mistakes?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

SeannieDarko posted:

Who's the waiver add here with WRs in 1PPR?

Snead
Hurns
Kamar Aiken
Terrence Williams

Still catching up on all the football I missed the past two weeks, but I like Snead here.

Will resume Trade Target Tuesdays and Waiver Wire Wednesdays next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011

th3t00t posted:

Does anyone think starting Mariota is a good idea against Buffalo? This has to be Buffalo's bounce back game where they get 10 sacks and just murder the rookie right? And mariota has played against 3 very poor defenses so far.

I'm nervous about this as well, have a choice between Taylor and Mariota and I'm thinking Taylor is probably the better option.

Also someone has dropped Roethlisburger, he worth stashing on a bench or is he gonna be gone too long? I have Antonio Brown, and my RB and WR corps are pretty good so I'm thinking he would be a good grab. Waiver wire is thin and this league is pretty trade averse.

• Locked thread