Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm saddened by Frog Girl's low placing and somewhat surprised at Tokoyami's popularity. Kendou is fairly high too, for a girl who barely received any attention (especially when you consider when the vote was made).

I don't remember who Kyouka is. Earphone girl?

Tsuyu is 6th. She's behind the 3 main dudes, the lead female, and the mentor. She's doing pretty well for herself.

Also yeah, I think Kyouka is earphone girl. I have no idea who Kendou is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I feel let down, even though those rankings make sense.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tsuyu is 6th. She's behind the 3 main dudes, the lead female, and the mentor. She's doing pretty well for herself.

Also yeah, I think Kyouka is earphone girl. I have no idea who Kendou is though.

Kendou is the chick from Class B. The big sister type. She gave up her team's spot for Tetsutetsu's team and also worked alongside Yaoyo... what's her name during the hands-on experience.

Any spot less than 1 is not high enough for me!!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kendou is the chick from Class B. The big sister type. She gave up her team's spot for Tetsutetsu's team and also worked alongside Yaoyo... what's her name during the hands-on experience.

Any spot less than 1 is not high enough for me!!!!

Oh ok. I can't remember her really doing much. I'm surprised she ranked that high.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Surprising but not surprising rankings?

Except for All Might, who I thought would place way lower since he kinda seems like a design Japanese readers wouldn't like. Thanks for liking a cool character Japan :unsmith:.

Tsuyu placing behind essentially the main cast is cool. Todoroki being #2 is predictable since he's prime fujo bait and everyone wants him to gaymarry Midoriya.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Todoroki is Zuko.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Todoroki is Zuko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeAEwrL1Ts

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

HERE'S WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

No, not a new chapter. POPULARITY RESULTS.

who are the ones tied for 16 and 18

Jintor
May 19, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh ok. I can't remember her really doing much. I'm surprised she ranked that high.

She's been pretty cool every time she showed up (in minor ways) and probably the thing where she put mimic-guy back in line last chapter might've swung things (though wasn't that after the poll was announced?)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I would have liked Tsuyu at #1, but placing after all the main characters (minus Iida I suppose) and #1 pretty boys and All Might is pretty drat good. Now I can redirect hype to the chapter proper.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Deku placing first is utterly unsurprising. Nice that All Might and Aizawa placed high though. I'm not used to seeing mentor characters rank that highly.

Also, thanks for believing in Fumikage's coolness Japan.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, those are neat. Also I am rather happy Shinsou (mind control kid) made the top twenty. He was neat and I liked his little arc. Also it's rather appropriate that he managed to beat a bunch of Class A kids in the popularity contest, just like he did the tournament. You keep on rocking Shinsou, you're going to be a great hero someday.

Disappointed but not surprised Shigaraki didn't make it up there. I wonder what the extended results are. Glad that Tsuyu and Tokoyami are up there; they're probably my two favorite side-kids and, as we've seen recently, they make an awesome duo.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 7, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I hope there's an anime soon because I cannot place any of those names after Iida.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Terper posted:

I hope there's an anime soon because I cannot place any of those names after Iida.
It'll probably happen around the 100th chapter if they plan on making it an ongoing thing.

I'm just hoping Toei or Pierrot don't get it. Bones or Madhouse thanks.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

HERE'S WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

No, not a new chapter. POPULARITY RESULTS.

Can somebody make a version of this with pictures.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
For those who're having trouble:

1 Deku
2 Icyhot
3 Explosions
4 Gravity
5 All Might
6 Frog
7 Shadowbird
8 Leg engines
9 Teacher that can cancel powers
10 Electric dude
11 Can pull stuff outta her body
12 Mind control
13 The girl from class B that karate chopped the class B dick
14 Tail dude
15 HARD MAN
16 Earjacks
18 Grapes
20 Invisible & ?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

everythingWasBees posted:

Can somebody make a version of this with pictures.

The chapter has pictures, wait until it comes out.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Nice to see a manga where people actually like the protagonist :cheeky:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The protagonist needs to be REAL loving popular to reach escape velocity from the fujoshi system too.

All Might is cool. Are we getting the results of the Internet polls also soon then? I'd be interested in the differences in those.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't think this stuff is allowed. Like, when the villain and heroes fight in episode 1, you can see a dude talkin' on the phone about how he'll be delayed cause of the villain.

It comes down to the point that Smutbeast made. Unions.

How would the transportation industry feel about dudes just flying or jumping or swinging with tape or tails to get to their destinations? Especially when you consider that when quirks first popped up, there was huge social turmoil.

I think you guys are assuming that more people have significant quirks than actually do. Remember that we're looking at the people that literally have the best quirks in the entire country (or are at least the best at using them). I'm under the impression than the vast majority of people have quirks like Deku's mothers' (the "really weak telekinesis" thing) that aren't that significant.

Even if multiple Urarakas existed, they still wouldn't be able to handle a significant amount of the total demand for construction work in the country and wouldn't have the huge impact on construction workers that you guys seem to be suggesting.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mr. Fowl posted:

Nice to see a manga where people actually like the protagonist :cheeky:

I think One Piece is the only other one Ive ever seen where the lead character is actually first in these polls

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Meme Emulator posted:

I think One Piece is the only other one Ive ever seen where the lead character is actually first in these polls

I'm pretty sure Sasuke consistently came in first :v:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ytlaya posted:

I think you guys are assuming that more people have significant quirks than actually do. Remember that we're looking at the people that literally have the best quirks in the entire country (or are at least the best at using them). I'm under the impression than the vast majority of people have quirks like Deku's mothers' (the "really weak telekinesis" thing) that aren't that significant.

Even if multiple Urarakas existed, they still wouldn't be able to handle a significant amount of the total demand for construction work in the country and wouldn't have the huge impact on construction workers that you guys seem to be suggesting.

Even if that many did exist that they could corner the construction market then the overall market would rather quickly stabilize itself most likely, with quirk users allowing for a higher level of specialization in the job market than currently exists. There would be a good few older folks out of jobs or having to learn new skills to gain employment in other areas, but I can't honestly see how having quirk users make use of their powers to specialize is a bad thing. It's really no different than when assembly lines and robots and poo poo came along. They put a lot of people out of work because they were so efficient, but the world spun on because the greater efficiency worked in the market's favor, lowering prices and allowing people to get more creative with what they had and so on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Were the Hell is Ashido. I would have expected her to make the top 20.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ytlaya posted:

I think you are assuming that most people with significant quirks want to pursue a career largely based on violence.

IcyHot would make an awesome chef, if he really wanted to piss off his dad.

On the other hand, Nuclear Explosions Man would make a poor hero.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Who wants some chinese raws, hot off the press???

http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/374753

GRAP!

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Spoiler discussion:

I'm getting real sick of Midoriya being so passive. He stands there and just watches poo poo go down, then doesn't take into account of where Bakugou is during the fight and ends up getting in his way. Instead of doing anything useful while he's got All Might occupied he just...stands there. What a dildo.

Also, him being trapped under a pitifully small chunk of railing was hilarious. It's like the scene in Batman where Alfred gets pissed and yells at Bruce Wayne about "what good was all those pushups if you can't even push a log off yourself!"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Spoiler discussion:

I'm getting real sick of Midoriya being so passive. He stands there and just watches poo poo go down, then doesn't take into account of where Bakugou is during the fight and ends up getting in his way. Instead of doing anything useful while he's got All Might occupied he just...stands there. What a dildo.

Also, him being trapped under a pitifully small chunk of railing was hilarious. It's like the scene in Batman where Alfred gets pissed and yells at Bruce Wayne about "what good was all those pushups if you can't even push a log off yourself!"

from the panel of Midoriya before he ran into Bakugou, it looks like he's having flashbacks to Stain. It's almost like some dude tried to kill him recently and being face to face with someone as far out of his level as All Might who actively looks like he's trying to kill him is triggering some issues.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

from the panel of Midoriya before he ran into Bakugou, it looks like he's having flashbacks to Stain. It's almost like some dude tried to kill him recently and being face to face with someone as far out of his level as All Might who actively looks like he's trying to kill him is triggering some issues.

You can see in the panel after the first beat down on Bakugou that he's running away without even helping him. That's why Bakugou ends up jumping into him.

Also, I guess PTSD only works when the main character isn't having his moment of looking awesome by snapping Icyhot out of it, or fighting Stain. But up against All Might knowing he won't get killed? Haha of course he's having flashbacks!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Wow, All Might punches Bakugou so hard he loving throws up. Awesome.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Wow, All Might punches Bakugou so hard he loving throws up. Awesome.

GRAP!

BBBBBBbbbBBBBBbbbb!

The sound effects for it all is top notch too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh yeah, the gag votes that were cast are awesome.

1 person voted for Naruto, 1 voted for Midoriya's shoe, and a apparently a decent # of people voted for Horikoshi himself and Zoo characters. :unsmith:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Fabricated posted:

Oh yeah, the gag votes that were cast are awesome.

1 person voted for Naruto, 1 voted for Midoriya's shoe, and a apparently a decent # of people voted for Horikoshi himself and Zoo characters. :unsmith:

It will always amuse me how people will always vote for the author in polls. Though to be fair, the author does tend to interact with their readers through omake and other things like Oda does with his SBS's.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, those are neat. Also I am rather happy Shinsou (mind control kid) made the top twenty. He was neat and I liked his little arc. Also it's rather appropriate that he managed to beat a bunch of Class A kids in the popularity contest, just like he did the tournament. You keep on rocking Shinsou, you're going to be a great hero someday.

I'm really happy with how great he did for a rather one-off character. Hopefully, this means that he'll get to show up again in the future and kick all sorts of rear end alongside the main cast :unsmith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Actually curious whether or not they included the American votes for this, or if that was just something VIZ threw together separately.

Assuming it's the latter, I'll be interested to hear how our tastes differ.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Actually curious whether or not they included the American votes for this, or if that was just something VIZ threw together separately.

Assuming it's the latter, I'll be interested to hear how our tastes differ.

Japanese people like Hitsugaya, people with taste like Kenpachi.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

People with taste don't read Bleach to begin with.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

well now, but back in the day before it got really really lovely and the truth of just how bad it got became well known people actually did read bleach

ps is bleach still loving going on?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yes and it still follows the example of "I have explained my powers and now it is I standing behind you!!!!! *chapter end*" about 3 or 4 times before a fight is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

well now, but back in the day before it got really really lovely and the truth of just how bad it got became well known people actually did read bleach
Yeah, I got up to around Hueco Mundo myself before dropping it.

NecroMonster posted:

ps is bleach still loving going on?
Yes.