Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
So I'm looking at the season pass and I'm still shocked they didn't include any of the four horsewomen yet included a weird hall of fame showcase. It's cool with get Samoa Joe, Alundra Blayze(who for some reason is against Paige), and Fujinami tho

link: https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k16-downloadable-content-season-pass-and-digital-deluxe-editions-annou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6snM3kIfJ5U

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 7, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

simosimo posted:

Can we get a complete list of DLC folks?

Its on the link above your post

quote:

The WWE 2K16 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, as well as Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Xbox 360:

Accelerator
• Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
• The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.

MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
• Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
• MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

Legends Pack
• Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
• The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.

2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
• Playable matches include:
o “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
o Rikishi vs. The Rock;
o Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
o Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
• The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

New Moves Pack
• More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
• The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.

Future Stars Pack
• Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
• The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass

Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
• Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
• Legends Pack;
• 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
• New Moves Pack;
• Future Stars Pack.

Big Boss Man
Dusty Rhodes
Lita,
Mr. Perfect
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper
Trish Stratus

Samoa Joe
Diego & Fernando
Blake and Murphy

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
future star, Samoa Joe

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Does the Hall of Fame showcase include all those characters for regular exhibition as well? Or are they only available in the showcase mode?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Does the Hall of Fame showcase include all those characters for regular exhibition as well? Or are they only available in the showcase mode?

I hope available at all times because that sounds like some good poo poo.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The season pass doesn't seem that bad if it includes all that poo poo for $25.

I might pick this one up on Black Friday for $40 and get a complete game for $65.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like that they are making a new Showcase for most of the DLC guys. That way you'll get hype videos and such too. I hope they make an All-Stars style past v present video for Paige vs Blayze.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Did the matadores even have a match in NXT? What an odd choice

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lmao how do you possibly get tatsumi fujinami in the game and not the women

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

future star, Samoa Joe

Future stars, Los Matadores.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

epitasis posted:

lmao how do you possibly get tatsumi fujinami in the game and not the women

It's real easy, if you hate both women and money.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Best news about 2k16 so far: Arn Fuckin' Anderson.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Does anyone actually enjoy playing as Roddy Piper? There's some wrestlers that are great promos and characters but I don't really want to play as them in a video game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I could ask the same thing about The Miz

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

I could ask the same thing about The Miz

At least Miz has his entertaining chicken dance taunt.

Actually Piper was fun in Revenge cause of his "hop on one leg" taunt

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Piper is vital as one of the top heels in my promotion of nothing but older guys who battle for the Make Way Heavyweight Championship.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Best news about 2k16 so far: Arn Fuckin' Anderson.

He's going to manage the team of Owens and Cesaro, and they are getting all the straps and squashing Dolph Ziggler.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I would like it very much if Stevie Ray had his version of the slapjack instead of them giving him the pedigree.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Looks like a pretty unique variant, to be fair. The existing move has the opponent laying on their back

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I am looking forward to Universe mode making the Wrestlemania main event between Murphy and Haku.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
With all these tag teams in the line up, I hope they have more two/three person entrances.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DoctorDelaware posted:

Future stars, Los Matadores.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Wow. They even put the wrong Kevin Owens move in their promo video.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

What stats would you give Braun Strauman (or however you spell that poo poo) in a TEW game? He's missing from my DB

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

What stats would you give Braun Strauman (or however you spell that poo poo) in a TEW game? He's missing from my DB

:perfect:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're rated out of 100 right? A million.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

100 for sex appeal

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please make his gimmick ninja.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I skipped last years 2K game because I didn't have a PS4, plus it just sounded crappy compared to 2k14. This years installment sounds good though, and I plan on buying it.

I'm just wondering how Universe mode was last year? In 2k14 and earlier it was pretty lame. We're there any improvements? Also, was it the same Create a wrestler format as previous versions, or did they improve that?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah if you didn't sim the Rumble or MITB winner, the plot flags for those events wouldn't work at all.

Which sucked because you could manually select rivalry types in Universe mode.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

1st AD posted:

Yeah if you didn't sim the Rumble or MITB winner, the plot flags for those events wouldn't work at all.

Which sucked because you could manually select rivalry types in Universe mode.
Really? I remember the automatic Rumble rivalry kicking in the way it should, but i don't recall there ever being baked-in MITB stories, you either manually used it or it wasn't used at all.

Unless you're talking about the way that you had to sim through a champion's match to use the MITB case. That was incredibly irritating. It also sucked that even even you had split rosters you could only run one MITB match and have one MITB holder (as well as one KOTR and, more justifiably, one Rumble winner). Limited your options if you wanted to run a parallel fed sort of situation. Granted you didn't really have enough guys to fill an alternative roster in 2k15, but you will in 2k16 from the looks of it.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I skipped last years 2K game because I didn't have a PS4, plus it just sounded crappy compared to 2k14. This years installment sounds good though, and I plan on buying it.

I'm just wondering how Universe mode was last year? In 2k14 and earlier it was pretty lame. We're there any improvements? Also, was it the same Create a wrestler format as previous versions, or did they improve that?
There was a new CAW system that made the physical renderings look about on-par with the roster, but options for dress and tattoos and the like were significantly scaled back. They also let you use CAW slots to update main roster attire but there were few slots. And most of the other Create modes were cut, though they've apparently been restored for 2k16.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 7, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

Really? I remember the automatic Rumble rivalry kicking in the way it should, but i don't recall there ever being baked-in MITB stories, you either manually used it or it wasn't used at all.

If you manually edit the Rumble match and play through, it won't set the winner's plot flag properly.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, Universe mode is the draw for me. Although I don't know much about early Stone Cold and it may be educational for me to learn who Mikey Whipwreck is.

And you didn't really get to choose the TYPE of rivalry, just the length of it, and all it was were the same two people having matches against each other for that whole length of time, with the only variety being an occasional run-in during a match with someone else.

That said, I still played the crap out of it.

And what's the custom music situation currently on the next-gen (or current-gen, I guess) systems? I've been kicking around a XBone upgrade, but drat if it isn't picky about ripping my custom music, and I can never figure out how I set up Windows Media Center to make it work before.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Current-gen consoles were basically designed with the idea that by the peak of their lifecycle, people wouldn't bother to own files of the music they listened to and would stream them instead (not a far-fetched concept, really). They didn't really anticipate a demand for on-disk custom soundtracks and the like.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

And you didn't really get to choose the TYPE of rivalry, just the length of it, and all it was were the same two people having matches against each other for that whole length of time, with the only variety being an occasional run-in during a match with someone else.

You can select the type of rivalry in 2k15, it gives you a menu of hundreds of different options such as champion vs aggressive challenger, rival vs rival with guest superstar, etc.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Current-gen consoles were basically designed with the idea that by the peak of their lifecycle, people wouldn't bother to own files of the music they listened to and would stream them instead (not a far-fetched concept, really). They didn't really anticipate a demand for on-disk custom soundtracks and the like.

So I've heard of PS4. Wasn't sure if it was the same for XBone.

And stream them from where? Do they currently allow streaming soundtracks from somewhere - or anywhere?

I mean, yeah, sometimes you skip entrances, but you always want to know that listening to Koko B. Ware coming out to "Bird Bird Bird" is an option.

1st AD posted:

You can select the type of rivalry in 2k15, it gives you a menu of hundreds of different options such as champion vs aggressive challenger, rival vs rival with guest superstar, etc.

Well, that's better. Did it make things more dynamic, or is it hard to tell with the bare-bones backdrop of 2K15?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, "two people have matches with each other every week with occasional run-ins" is very realistic for WWE booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Steve Vader posted:

And stream them from where? Do they currently allow streaming soundtracks from somewhere - or anywhere?
Not in-game. The PS4 had no native on-disk music capability but it didn't have native streaming either, you'd get it through a dashboard app like Spotify or Pandora or whatever.