Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Missing Name posted:

Tried to explore Wild Territory

:(

I can't move from Yantar to the Bar. I'm trying to go the other way now.

If you're using Ddraig's latest patch, I'd roll back if possible. I was getting crashes using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Missing Name posted:

Tried to explore Wild Territory

:(

I can't move from Yantar to the Bar. I'm trying to go the other way now.

I couldn't even successfully get into Yantar. Psi-emissions RIPped me instantly.

CoC really captures the feeling of a desolate, empty Zone and I would love to see a Faction Wars mod for it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Compiling a new version now that will fix that aswell as incorporate all the changes from the upcoming COC patch that hasn't been published for some reason.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Is there a way to reliably drag bodies? Shift-F just opens them up and I want to drag the 200kg of loot I scored to somewhere more convenient instead of making a bunch of trips (and collecting even MORE loot I can't carry along the way)

e: also everyone should get the UMP .45 that Nimble sells ASAP, its replaced pistols as my sidearm of choice. Loaded up with the .45 Hydroshock rounds and it'll ruin anything on two legs, bloodsuckers included.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 6, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

X-16 is empty for now. It's actually an improvement in atmosphere.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato
Trying out some Clear Sky mods for the first time. I've installed Complete, Faction Wars, and OGSM, each one in a completely separate installation. Weirdest thing is happening. Even when I launch xrEngine.exe from the OGSM folder, the loadscreen I get is for Stalker Complete. I have no idea how this is possible. I'm running it from a completely different installation in a completely different folder.

Insights what could cause one mod to load another mod's assets?

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato

Sparkyhodgo posted:

Insights what could cause one mod to load another mod's assets?

Ok now the Zone is taking control. Apparently if I rename the Complete installation to whatever, and then rename the OGSE installation to the foldername that Complete used to have, OGSE will load. That's just ... I don't even know what. Life in the Zone?

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." :911:

Sparkyhodgo posted:

Ok now the Zone is taking control. Apparently if I rename the Complete installation to whatever, and then rename the OGSE installation to the foldername that Complete used to have, OGSE will load. That's just ... I don't even know what. Life in the Zone?

While I don't know whats causing your weird issue, Id just like to let you could just have 1 installation and 3 different Gamedata folders instead and that could fix your issue. Not many mods alter files outside of the Gamedata folder, so you could just have Stalker Clear Sky\Gamedata | gamedata_complete | gamedata_ogsm gamedata_TFW. And rename whichever you feel like playing to just gamedata.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

Minarchist posted:

Is there a way to reliably drag bodies? Shift-F just opens them up and I want to drag the 200kg of loot I scored to somewhere more convenient instead of making a bunch of trips (and collecting even MORE loot I can't carry along the way)

Try to aim for a limb when you hit Shift-F, I could grab those reliably but never torsos. Thighs in particular seemed to be the best choice since the hold there broke the least often for me when I was hauling my corpse piņata across the zone.
Also watch out for "friendly" stalkers while doing this, the ai will not hesitate to empty the corpse if it can get close enough. That has happened to me more than once now.

Edit: A fun alternative is to get a companion, sell as much as he can afford, donate the rest of your extra guns, then lead him back to the trader and arrange an "accident"

thejacob fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 6, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Ddraig posted:

So someone has managed to do what I failed and merge The Faction War with Arsenal Overhaul

https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/3nijzb/the_faction_wars_arsenal_overhaul_merger_release/

Now someone needs to port it over to COC and we'll have the perfect stalker game.

This is really buggy for me, more freezes and crashes than any other Stalker mod. It even freezes in conversations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Ddraig posted:

Compiling a new version now that will fix that aswell as incorporate all the changes from the upcoming COC patch that hasn't been published for some reason.

Cool, I've been having a lot of fun with your mod and coc so far, but I've started running into that bug and I really want to explore the npp.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
There are no binaries available for open xray is there?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

klen dool posted:

There are no binaries available for open xray is there?

Oh, CoC comes with a binary - sweet.

The machine I built openxray is upstairs, and I am far too lazy to go get it. The machine I am sitting at hasn't got a dev environment set up on it.

Is this the repos for the openxray everyone is talking about? https://github.com/openxray/xray-16

Looks like sweet gently caress alls been done on it in a while....

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

klen dool posted:

Oh, CoC comes with a binary - sweet.

The machine I built openxray is upstairs, and I am far too lazy to go get it. The machine I am sitting at hasn't got a dev environment set up on it.

Is this the repos for the openxray everyone is talking about? https://github.com/openxray/xray-16

Looks like sweet gently caress alls been done on it in a while....

Most of the work has been done in separate forks of it:

https://github.com/OpenXRay/xray-16/network

revolucas (Alundaio) is probably the furthest along fork that is public.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ddraig posted:

revolucas (Alundaio) is probably the furthest along fork that is public.

Does this guy ever sleep

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Oberleutnant posted:

Does this guy ever sleep

Virtually every single time I go on Epicstalker he's always there so I don't think so

Anyway, my mod's been updated to 1.8

https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

Should fix issues with xr_camper etc.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Minarchist posted:

e: also everyone should get the UMP .45 that Nimble sells ASAP, its replaced pistols as my sidearm of choice. Loaded up with the .45 Hydroshock rounds and it'll ruin anything on two legs, bloodsuckers included.

Is this in CoC?

I kind of went sideways to Lost alpha, I got over the problem of dragging stuff around by making strelocks suit have a carryweight of 5000, I balanced this by not touching anything else, so my stamina runs out after about 20 meters. I can carry everything, but very slowly, plus, its a unique suit.

I think sgm or something had a tourists suit with a high carry weight as well, it was stashed in the army barracks at the south of cordon.
if you can find a really crap outfit you will probably never use, you can edit it to carry lots, and just use it for that.
Unfortunatly, I have had a look through the items in coc, I cannot find a unique suit that you could add a carryweight bonus to.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ecologist guard suit weighs 1.5kg and allows 60kg carry weight after upgrades. It's what I have for now and it gets me through fights and anomalies. Just make friends with the mechanics, because it has pretty low durability even with upgrades.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Sid gave me a Contract Hit on some rear end in a top hat who NEVER LEAVES THE BAR :argh:

How the hell am I supposed to kill him without aggroing everyone? I mean I could easily wipe the entire bar area clean of all life but that's not really what I want to do, you know?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Virtually every single time I go on Epicstalker he's always there so I don't think so

thanks for this, it fixed my problem!

I had some fun with the wish granter. that wish for immortality is something special. I don't really know what to do with my new immortal zombie form.

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Hey Ddraig I was trying to enable Motion Blur before I installed your mod and wasn't able to get it working with just -mblur in the target, but I see its in my graphic options with the updated open x-ray but it still doesn't actually work (Even with -mblur in my target field again), do you have any ideas or is it just broken? I was also wondering if you would know if its possible to enable the original way binoculars worked back when they'd highlight targets and lock them onto your minimap?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm not sure how motion blur works in Open X-Ray. Those advanced video options are pretty much YMMV, unfortunately.

As for the binoculars, open up the w_binoc.ltx if you've got one.

The stuff you're looking for is

code:
vision_present				= true
vis_frame_speed				= 4
vis_frame_color				= 0.7,0.7,0.7,1.0
found_snd					= detectors\DA-2_beep1
catch_snd					= detectors\DA-2_beep1
If you're using OWR3 or something it may set vis_frame_speed to 0 which effectively disables that behaviour.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I keep getting an unhandled exception error that says 'check log for detail'. Where do the logs live?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I keep getting an unhandled exception error that says 'check log for detail'. Where do the logs live?

Your COC installation folder\appdata

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Your COC installation folder\appdata

Thanks, this is the last thing in the log after the last quicksave I made before the crash, no idea what it means.

code:
stack trace:

0023:6B128004 d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
0023:6B127D8C d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
0023:6B0D3EBB d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
0023:052D26E7 xrRender_R3.dll
0023:004367F8 xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::on_idle()
0023:0043603A xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::message_loop()
0023:00435F8E xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::Run()
0023:0046B03D xrEngine.exe, ComputeModuleHash()

[error][     183] : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

stack trace:

0023:6A395BAE nvwgf2um.dll, NVAPI_Thunk()
0023:6A07C4CF nvwgf2um.dll, OpenAdapter10()
0023:6A0F639F nvwgf2um.dll, OpenAdapter10()
0023:6A20CD55 nvwgf2um.dll, NVAPI_Thunk()
0023:6A96BF0F nvwgf2um.dll, NVAPI_Thunk()
0023:6A96C037 nvwgf2um.dll, NVAPI_Thunk()
0023:7658336A kernel32.dll, BaseThreadInitThunk()
0023:773E9F72 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
0023:773E9F45 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

Anyone else run into an issue where the Freedom mechanic (maybe others too, haven't tried a different faction to test it) says hes accepting your toolkit but doesn't actually do anything, no reward, toolkit still in inventory and cant access higher upgrades.

Ddraig posted:

I'm not sure how motion blur works in Open X-Ray. Those advanced video options are pretty much YMMV, unfortunately.

As for the binoculars, open up the w_binoc.ltx if you've got one.

Thanks a tonne for this too Ddraig.

Lipton Iced Soup
Sep 4, 2011

Menacing
Quick stalker modding question. Trying to edit the drop values for ammo in COC and I'm stumped on what the right and left values mean in death_generic.ltx. Is it the largest and lowest possible amount dropped?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
As well as the above, does anyone know of a tutorial on editing stalker ltx files, for instance, if I wanted to make a small mod that adds a suit to a vendor, I'd supply the texture, and just copy most of the info from an existing exo, for coc, L.A et al.

(I know I'd have to modify the trader ltx of each mod specifically, I just don't know what other files I would need to reference this object.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 7, 2015

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
So I've been hanging around the Cordon, Garbage, and Bar because it's practically the only places where anything of note happens, ever. Some Dutyers must have had a lovely anomaly detector because I found a three man squad that had walked into a trio of Springboards by the broken rail bridge in Cordon and got themselves nice and squished. The bodies were right in the middle of the anomalies and I couldn't reach them without getting squished myself. Some AI Loner from the nearby farm encampment wasn't as hesitant as I was and tried to loot them.

He briefly cried out for a medkit. I just stood back and watched. He added his gear to the loot pile shortly after. Such is life in the Zone.

Normally after all that drama I'd say "screw it" and move on but something was telling me these guys had a lot of stuff on em, I'd been hearing no end of gunfights for the last several days and I've been coming across a ton of dead bandits and Clear Sky folks. As I couldn't get close enough to the bodies to even check them, I remembered 2 things:

Springboards don't hold bodies in place.

Bullets go right through anomalies.

So, out comes the Protecta loaded with slug shells. 4 shells later, the bodies are clear of the anomaly field and I can loot with impunity. Guns. Lots of guns. Enfields, a SPAS-12, no end of AK variants and enough drugs to take half the Zone through bat country. Oh, and the Loner who was trying to loot? All he had on him was a crappy sawn-off and a half drunk bottle of vodka. He was so close to making it big, too.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Minarchist posted:

So I've been hanging around the Cordon, Garbage, and Bar because it's practically the only places where anything of note happens, ever. Some Dutyers must have had a lovely anomaly detector because I found a three man squad that had walked into a trio of Springboards by the broken rail bridge in Cordon and got themselves nice and squished. The bodies were right in the middle of the anomalies and I couldn't reach them without getting squished myself. Some AI Loner from the nearby farm encampment wasn't as hesitant as I was and tried to loot them.

He briefly cried out for a medkit. I just stood back and watched. He added his gear to the loot pile shortly after. Such is life in the Zone.

Normally after all that drama I'd say "screw it" and move on but something was telling me these guys had a lot of stuff on em, I'd been hearing no end of gunfights for the last several days and I've been coming across a ton of dead bandits and Clear Sky folks. As I couldn't get close enough to the bodies to even check them, I remembered 2 things:

Springboards don't hold bodies in place.

Bullets go right through anomalies.

So, out comes the Protecta loaded with slug shells. 4 shells later, the bodies are clear of the anomaly field and I can loot with impunity. Guns. Lots of guns. Enfields, a SPAS-12, no end of AK variants and enough drugs to take half the Zone through bat country. Oh, and the Loner who was trying to loot? All he had on him was a crappy sawn-off and a half drunk bottle of vodka. He was so close to making it big, too.

Yeah was about to say bullets usually solve getting things out of anomalies--detect artifacts then shoot them clear!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Minarchist posted:

Oh, and the Loner who was trying to loot? All he had on him was a crappy sawn-off and a half drunk bottle of vodka. He was so close to making it big, too.

He was a good stalker, let's drink to him once more.

I made a stash on top of the Yantar bunker and it's filling up with PKMGs and ammo like crazy after emissions. By the time I ever stop dicking around and shut off the Brain Scorcher, I'll be able to Russian Rambo it all the way to the CNPP.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Missing Name posted:

He was a good stalker, let's drink to him once more.

I made a stash on top of the Yantar bunker and it's filling up with PKMGs and ammo like crazy after emissions. By the time I ever stop dicking around and shut off the Brain Scorcher, I'll be able to Russian Rambo it all the way to the CNPP.

I've only found one PKMG for sale by the guy in the Duty base and he wanted 30,000 RU for it. I'm tempted to cap Wolf and steal his but he seems like such a nice fellow :(

Also has anyone found an RPG yet? I see the warheads for sale all the time but never a tube to go with em. I just managed to scrape up 17K for a decent psi helmet after blowing god knows how much money on gear and upgrades so maybe it's time I go north and hit the Brain Scorcher?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Minarchist posted:

I've only found one PKMG for sale by the guy in the Duty base and he wanted 30,000 RU for it. I'm tempted to cap Wolf and steal his but he seems like such a nice fellow :(

Also has anyone found an RPG yet? I see the warheads for sale all the time but never a tube to go with em. I just managed to scrape up 17K for a decent psi helmet after blowing god knows how much money on gear and upgrades so maybe it's time I go north and hit the Brain Scorcher?

There's an RPG in X-18, and Monolith soldiers carry PKMs pretty frequently, you can find them up north. The CoP areas are all open prior to disabling the brain scorcher, so if you want to grab one you can just hike up through Red Forest and then wander around Jupiter and Zaton until you find it.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 7, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The military outpost at the NPP has a rocket launcher laying on some crates. Along with some other goods.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Any reason Beard is particular on what artifacts he buys now?

Wowzers.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Do emissions not recharge anomalous areas anymore? Seems like when I pick em clean even with a Veles detector...they stay dry.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Minarchist posted:

Do emissions not recharge anomalous areas anymore? Seems like when I pick em clean even with a Veles detector...they stay dry.

I've noticed the same thing. Artifacts respawn very slowly or not at all, I can't think of a single anomaly that I've been able to hit twice.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I've noticed the same thing. Artifacts respawn very slowly or not at all, I can't think of a single anomaly that I've been able to hit twice.

Yeah, this is even after a proper Emission, not just a Psi-storm. I don't know where Marius is scoring all his cool artifacts in this pic:

I did manage to score that RPG in X-18 and I'm stockpiling warheads for it; I'm up to 10 now :getin:

I also got a semi-broken PKM off some zombie a few hundred yards into the Brain Scorcher area...carted it back to the Bar and threw down 40,000 to fix it up and pimp it out as best as that drunken Duty tech could manage. I also stole all his vodka. I'm guessing the third-tier calibration kits are in Pripyat like in CoP? I've only come across standard and advanced gunsmithing kits in the field so far.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Just found the grenade launcher and two dozen rounds of ammo for it in Limansk, woop woop. Hard to get here from the south though, Dead City crashes a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

White Legs posted:

Hey Ddraig I was trying to enable Motion Blur before I installed your mod and wasn't able to get it working with just -mblur in the target, but I see its in my graphic options with the updated open x-ray but it still doesn't actually work (Even with -mblur in my target field again), do you have any ideas or is it just broken? I was also wondering if you would know if its possible to enable the original way binoculars worked back when they'd highlight targets and lock them onto your minimap?

I'm going to go ahead and assume you are not using DX9 when trying to enable motion blur, correct?
It's not an Open-Xray thing, it's a COP thing. The game never had support for DX10 & 11 motion blur.

However, I fixed this for Radium by using the shader Lost Alpha implemented to circumvent this.

Pop this shader in your directory, and before starting a game delete your shaders_cache in appdata. Should work fine after that: https://www.mediafire.com/?u29txeocuaulm88