Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

:lol: that trade is going to be rejected so fast. Julio AND AB84???

Yea, I'm not gonna lie if I received a trade like that I might have to punch the person sending it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
My favorite part is how he is not sure if it's good for him despite him asking for the two best receivers in football

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

My RB corps is pretty terrible, but have a possible trade deal to get Lynch on the table:

I give: Mike Evans, One of CJA/Stew/Yeldon/MJones/Spiller
I get: Marshawn Lynch

I'm a bit worried about Lynch's health and the Seahawks O-Line this year, but feel like I need to take a swing at a possible RB1 to round out my team.

Here's my roster (12 team, .5 PPR):

QB: Big Ben, Dalton
RB: CJA, Stewart, Yeldon, Spiller, Matt Jones, CMike
WR: Cobb, Evans, ARob, Martavis Bryant, Stevie Johnson
TE: Olsen, Richard Rodgers
D: Broncos

I am high on Martavis and would feel decent about rolling with Cobb, ARob and him as my WR1/WR2/Flex if it meant getting an RB with a ceiling over 10 points. Thoughts?

Reposted since it got missed.

Give: Evans, CJA (or any other of my RBs)
Get: Lynch

Should I do this? Do we expect Lynch to bounce back?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd stand pat. Lynch is a question mark right now. If you're going to give away pieces to upgrade RB, do it for one a little more sure than Lynch.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I mean, you MIGHT be able to get AB for Gurley and Brady if the owner is worried about his production with Vick but even that's a bit of a stretch.

Don't get me wrong, Gurley is Really Good but that trade won't even get a counter proposal.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

ZIGfried posted:

Tough to say, Hopkins has twice as many targets as Benjamin, and Benjamin scored about half his points in week 2 off of 3 catches. With that said, it looks like Cleveland is making an effort to feed him the ball (10 targets in each of the last two games.) The problem is both receivers are the only good receiver on their team and have a crappy quarterback throwing the ball. The difference is Houston theoretically has a good run game to take pressure off of Hopkins. That and Hopkins is much more talented. 10 times out of 10 I'd rather have Hopkins of course but I might be considering that trade if I needed RB help. Ingram has been a rock solid RB2 so far.
Thanks for the insight. I countered with Allen Robinson + Ingram for Hopkins. Another WR1 on a crappy offense, but I'm more confident in Robinson than Benjamin.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blount is on the wire. I have first priority. 4 man bench in a 14 teamer, 0ppr. I have Forte, Jhill, and Lamar. Normally I'd jump on something like that but the extremely short benches make me hesitate to play Pats RB roulette. Should I pick him up anyway?

pangstrom posted:

Not sure who Davies is but unless LB waivers are bare as hell I would roll with Bradford and drop Davies or Barr for the best replacement option. Next best option is to roll with Carr and pick up the best replacement option. Worst option is to take a zero...

Oops, I meant Thomas Davis. I don't want to drop Barr or Davis because they consistently get tackles and sacks (rank 11 and 2, respectively). I don't think Kuechly coming back will significantly affect Davis' numbers. Every down LBs are the most important IDPs, imo. I think I'll drop Bradford if I can find a suitable DE. #BelieveInCarr

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

old dog child posted:

Blount is on the wire. I have first priority. 4 man bench in a 14 teamer, 0ppr. I have Forte, Jhill, and Lamar. Normally I'd jump on something like that but the extremely short benches make me hesitate to play Pats RB roulette. Should I pick him up anyway?

Who would you be dropping?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
When will we find out if Luck will play tomorrow night?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Splinter posted:

My matchup will be played out before SNF this week, so I'm thinking about rolling w/ no D through the late games, and then picking up either NYG (though someone will likely pick them up tonight to stream), SD, PIT or SF (SNF/MNF teams) if I'm behind at that point. Is that crazy? I'd lose out on the opportunity to get one of the better D's currently available (Cincinnati and NYG are the best, then it's pretty barren), but that would keep Carolina (or whoever else I'd drop) locked until waivers clear next week.

I'm in the exact same position and I think I"m going to do the same thing. I'll grab the Steelers D if it will impact the outcome of the matchup (Chargers and 49ers are also available, so I'm not worried about my opponent grabbing them all. I probably wouldn't try this if there was only one D available)

e: Also, make sure the Panthers are on your bench and don't get locked into your D/ST slot. Not sure when bye teams lock.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 7, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

Who would you be dropping?

Stevie or Harvin. If I pick up Blount I could throw him in my flex and drop Harvin or Stevie. Is Blount worth the #1 waiver though? It's move to last after claim so I won't get one this high for a while. I usually like to save high waivers for emergencies.

e: my WRs: Decker, Evans, Moncrief, Stevie, Harvin

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

old dog child posted:

Stevie or Harvin. If I pick up Blount I could throw him in my flex and drop Harvin or Stevie. Is Blount worth the #1 waiver though? It's move to last after claim so I won't get one this high for a while. I usually like to save them for emergency purposes.

e: my WRs: Decker, Evans, Moncrief, Stevie, Harvin

That's a tricky one. Blount should absolutely be claimed, but I'm not sure in your situation it's necessarily the best use of the #1 priority. He's a lot more valuable than Harvin though.

Are people open to trading in your league? You could claim him and then trying moving a RB for a WR.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

That's a tricky one. Blount should absolutely be claimed, but I'm not sure in your situation it's necessarily the best use of the #1 priority. He's a lot more valuable than Harvin though.

Are people open to trading in your league? You could claim him and then trying moving a RB for a WR.

Oh yeah, they love to trade. I actually acquired Decker because someone wanted Golden Tate so he could start 2 healthy receivers when Decker was out. I think I'll do that. Thanks!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I'm starting Blount this week because I think I can take the hit if he lays an egg, upside crazy though in garbage time.

My big question mark is Luck, I haven't dropped Bort (@TB) yet, who filled in admirably last week, other FA QB options for this week:
McCown @ BAL
Weeden vs NE
Cousins @ ATL

I thinking about rolling with Bort even if Luck plays...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I thinking about rolling with Bort even if Luck plays...

I think this is the correct play.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
After thinking about it, I like the Patriots D/ST coming off a bye, at home, with Dallas missing both Romo and Dez over the Giants at home vs. the 49ers.

The 49ers are garbage this year but I have a feeling they're gonna be playing with a chip on their shoulders after the last two weeks of crap football

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dalton, Bortles, or Smith?

Currently with Dalton, will probably drop Matt Jones or Marvin Jones for the QB.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

A guy in this league is trying really hard to get a running back from me. He offered me Cooper for Ivory, straight up, but with my RB situation I had to decline (also it's not PPR).

Basically my WRs are Julio, Hilton, Garcon, and Dez. My RBs are Gordon(ugh), Ivory, Karlos Williams, and CJ2K.

I turned down the Ivory offer, but then he offered up either Allen Robinson or Alshon Jeffery for CJ.

Is that worth it, given my roster, or should I maybe hold out for a little while and see if I could do better?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GIVE: Chris Ivory
GET: Jarvis Landry

Full PPR. Take it, right???

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

a shameful boehner posted:

After thinking about it, I like the Patriots D/ST coming off a bye, at home, with Dallas missing both Romo and Dez over the Giants at home vs. the 49ers.

The 49ers are garbage this year but I have a feeling they're gonna be playing with a chip on their shoulders after the last two weeks of crap football

Patriots aren't at home, they play in Dallas. But i'm also starting them over STL against GB.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

GIVE: Chris Ivory
GET: Jarvis Landry

Full PPR. Take it, right???

Need to post your roster

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SeannieDarko posted:

Need to post your roster

I have Devonta Freeman, Jamaal Charles, Chris Ivory, Dion Lewis, CJ Spiller
My WRs are Deandre Hopkins and Larry Fitz and........Sammy Watkins.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I probably wouldn't do it because I'm not a fan of Landry. And I own him in my work league. Who else does he have?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Landry is extremely valuable in Full PPR, the dolphins may be a shitshow, but Landry's floor is still pretty good and has upside too. Ivory could be in for his breakout year, but due to his running style, it leaves him banged up a lot as we've seen in recent years.

I'd consider taking it since you have decent depth at RB. Is it 2xWR, 2xRB, flex?

Bonus points if the league has return yards.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Am I selling too low if I offer Lacy for Hillman and Moncrief?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MalleusDei posted:

Am I selling too low if I offer Lacy for Hillman and Moncrief?

Yes, unless you really don't like Lacy.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Yes, unless you really don't like Lacy.

0-4, recommendation ealier was sell for low wr1, rb2 and te1, but my best option rejected my trade, so I'm looking at rosters to see what there is to be had.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
I don't think selling Eddie Lacy for Hillman and Moncrief is going to turn around an 0-4 team. It's going to cause you to keep losing. Alshon will hopefully be back this week and your team doesn't look that bad once he is. Just gotta hope Evans can start producing.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

BrandNew posted:

I don't think selling Eddie Lacy for Hillman and Moncrief is going to turn around an 0-4 team. It's going to cause you to keep losing. Alshon will hopefully be back this week and your team doesn't look that bad once he is. Just gotta hope Evans can start producing.

Fair enough. I'm tired of sucking in this league. Its the only one I pay money for, and the one I'm consistently the worst in. It must be the way I draft.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Well Evans and Alshon have both been injured and not producing who I assume were your 2nd and 3rd round picks. Couldn't have really predicted that but based on your players you drafted fine and have had poor luck.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Speaking of poor luck, try being the guy (me) who drafted both Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant with back-to-back picks :v:

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

BrandNew posted:

Well Evans and Alshon have both been injured and not producing who I assume were your 2nd and 3rd round picks. Couldn't have really predicted that but based on your players you drafted fine and have had poor luck.

Yeah, I went Lacy, Jeffery, Evans, L. Murray. Maybe spending a bit more time on matchups with my WRs would help, and fixing up my TE situation.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm working on a trade and need to give up either Keenan allen or Larry Fitz. Who would you rather keep going forward?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I've never been more glad that i ended up with top 3 picks in all my leagues, there's just so much disappointments/injuries to the players usually going late 1st/early 2nd.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Traded Jordan Matthews and Melvin Gordon for DeMarco Murray and Brandin Cooks in a 1 PPR League... what do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/WaTGY0w.png

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

VietCampo posted:

I've never been more glad that i ended up with top 3 picks in all my leagues, there's just so much disappointments/injuries to the players usually going late 1st/early 2nd.

:agreed: Got Leveon in both of my leagues.

T Bowl posted:

Traded Jordan Matthews and Melvin Gordon for DeMarco Murray and Bradin Cooks in a 1 PPR League... what do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/WaTGY0w.png
Personally I think you got kind of fleeced here. I'd much rather have Jordan Matthews than Cooks and I'd probably rather have Gordon over Murray.

BrandNew fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 7, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BrandNew posted:

Personally I think you got kind of fleeced here. I'd much rather have Jordan Matthews than Cooks and I'd probably rather have Gordon over Murray.

Yeah, I wouldn't say fleeced exactly, but I'd firmly prefer Matthews and Gordon.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He kept trying to take Mark Ingraham from me instead of Gordon, I wasn't having that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Hopefully it works out well for both of us, I'd rate Murray better than Gordon on a better team, but it certainly hasn't been that way so far. I needed RB help and he needed WR help. I still have D Thomas and B Marshall for WR, but literally no depth at RB and Gordon wasn't doing poo poo so far and isn't proven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
My Peyton/Alshon/KWill for Leveon Bell/Marvin Jones offer got accepted! Hot diggity!!!

Now I just need a QB for the next couple weeks until Ben gets back. My best options are Cutty or Bort. Think I'm goin' funslinging with my man Jay Cutler.

• Locked thread