Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the XBOne technically CAN do it, but it needs to be allowed in the game, and no multi-platform title is going to do something like that for the second-place console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

I think the XBOne technically CAN do it, but it needs to be allowed in the game, and no multi-platform title is going to do something like that for the second-place console.

Metal Gear Solid 5 did, I'm pretty sure. I know PS4 can't do custom helicopter entrance themes but PC sure can and I've heard the Bone can via Spotify or whatever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, more relevant to the Season Pass: Blake and Murphy, but no Alexa? What's the point? And great that Joe's in, though that puts paid to the idea that the cutoff was before the women became a big selling point, and we're not getting Charlotte or Sasha, but we're getting the Shockmaster, Stevie Ray and the matadors?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The four NXT women have been major parts of NXT longer than Blake, Murphy or Joe so its just pure idiocy that they aren't in.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

KungFu Grip posted:

The four NXT women have been major parts of NXT longer than Blake, Murphy or Joe so its just pure idiocy that they aren't in.

pretty much, it's rather evident that they scanned sasha and whatnot but still kept them out of the game for whatever poo poo reason.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

GenericMartini posted:

pretty much, it's rather evident that they scanned sasha and whatnot but still kept them out of the game for whatever poo poo reason.

Something about the statement 2K released said "It wasn't us it was the WWE" to me. Like they want the Divas Revolution over but not TOO over to outshine the Total Divas Divas, and I guess that includes video games.

Gotta capture that total divas market of gamers after all.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I am oddly entertained by the presence of Tatsumi Fujinami. That's just such a wonderful but wonderfully random choice.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

GenericMartini posted:

create this controversy, sell WWE17 on the Diva's Revolution #ThankYouSteph

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

create this controversy, sell WWE17 on the Diva's Revolution #ThankYouSteph

And by then, they'll be replaced with the real Four Horsewomen: Eva Marie, The Bellas, and Stephanie McMahon.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Regardless of the Horsewomen bullshit, the roster is pretty excellent. I will be pretty bummed (but not surprised) if the game turns out to be bad again.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I maintain that for a game cut within an inch of its life, 2k15's return to the slower in-ring pacing of AKI made it more fun to play than any of the games over previous years. Stuff like the new counter point system could be big steps forward or big steps back. Even as someone who likes to play these games I'm not all that confident they'll nail it. Plus the rest hold system sounds… not good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nut Bunnies posted:

Regardless of the Horsewomen bullshit, the roster is pretty excellent. I will be pretty bummed (but not surprised) if the game turns out to be bad again.

they're avoiding showing actual gameplay and they aren't doing the touring demos this time around like they used to do in the past and they've refused pre-release reviews, you can take a wild guess about the quality from that alone

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nut Bunnies posted:

Everyone thought that 2K15 would be good but it turns out that it was just as poo poo as usual.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
2K15 is pretty good, just sparse. I've said loads of times before - 2K15 is like WWE TV. You can't marathon it, you just need to play one or two matches and you're exhausted :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

minoru suzuki posted:

they're avoiding showing actual gameplay and they aren't doing the touring demos this time around like they used to do in the past and they've refused pre-release reviews, you can take a wild guess about the quality from that alone

They are doing the demo tour, though?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Nut Bunnies posted:

Dan from Giant Bomb played it and was pretty disappointed. Said it's basically the same game as last year, gameplay-wise.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At the risk of missing out on the Terminators, I think I'm going to give 2K16 a few weeks after launch to squash some major bugs, see if Career Mode actually ends up being even half as good as they are claiming, etc. I don't feel this has to be a day 1 purchase for me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Dan from Giant Bomb played it and was pretty disappointed. Said it's basically the same game as last year, gameplay-wise.

Is that bad? Weren't the major criticisms from the last game that it played fine but had too many features stripped out?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
A lot of folks just thought it felt off, especially with the chain wrestling.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It definitely doesn't matter who you choose to play as or against. Well unless you chose a tiny guy VS a big massive guy. The only edge is playing as dudes who can do springboard ropes and poo poo. Hopefully the new skills and reversal strategy-game will mix things up a bit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is that bad? Weren't the major criticisms from the last game that it played fine but had too many features stripped out?

Not knowing much about 2K15, I rented it as soon as I got my PS4. I felt like it played exactly like 2K14 (horrible).

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It plays better than 14 due to the slower pace. It strips out almost everything, however. I want my special referee matches dammit!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

What stats would you give Braun Strauman (or however you spell that poo poo) in a TEW game? He's missing from my DB

I cant check my game right now to see his stats myself, but tzone's most recent db has a Braun Stroman if you want to see what stats he gave him

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Just hire MDickie

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I am very appreciative of the slow pace of the newer 2k games as it allows people to acclimatize to the weird and nonsensical controls the entire series has always inexplicably used. If they're not going to include any sort of loving tutorial at least this way I can learn without getting a loving beatdown all match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Just hire MDickie

This but unironically. There's a reason why Wrestling Revolution is still installed on my PC while WWE2K15 isn't.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Testekill posted:

This but unironically. There's a reason why Wrestling Revolution is still installed on my PC while WWE2K15 isn't.

Is the reason watching your 8 foot tall guy electric chair rana a dude onto a burning motorcycle? Because that's my reason.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Lady Naga posted:

I am very appreciative of the slow pace of the newer 2k games as it allows people to acclimatize to the weird and nonsensical controls the entire series has always inexplicably used. If they're not going to include any sort of loving tutorial at least this way I can learn without getting a loving beatdown all match.
There was that one game that dumped you right into a tutorial from the title screen, 2010 I think? Or I think the tutorial was the title screen somehow? That was cool.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Is the reason watching your 8 foot tall guy electric chair rana a dude onto a burning motorcycle? Because that's my reason.

Lighting the ring stairs on fire by accident and then slamming my opponent through them with some overly complicated move. Every MDickie game is janky as gently caress but they're incredibly fun to mess around in.

Speaking of Wrestling Revolution 2D, the pre-match promo where your guy comes out as gay is actually in it. I thought that was added in WR3D but I guess not.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Has anyone messed around with 80's Mania Wrestling on iOS? I stumbled across it last night and it's an ok time waster. Sort of like a super dumbed down EWR or TNM with a bunch of off brand 80's wrestlers. My only real complaint is the whole normal mobile game "2 currencies, 1 you can get by playing, the other you have to pay money for."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

EdsTeioh posted:

Has anyone messed around with 80's Mania Wrestling on iOS? I stumbled across it last night and it's an ok time waster. Sort of like a super dumbed down EWR or TNM with a bunch of off brand 80's wrestlers. My only real complaint is the whole normal mobile game "2 currencies, 1 you can get by playing, the other you have to pay money for."

Hmmm that sounds like it could be ok. I've always wanted a mobile version of EWR, it would be like my perfect game

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

triplexpac posted:

Hmmm that sounds like it could be ok. I've always wanted a mobile version of EWR, it would be like my perfect game

Don't get TOO excited; like I said, it's super dumbed down. Tanget: I do miss TNM.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Testekill posted:

Lighting the ring stairs on fire by accident and then slamming my opponent through them with some overly complicated move. Every MDickie game is janky as gently caress but they're incredibly fun to mess around in.

Speaking of Wrestling Revolution 2D, the pre-match promo where your guy comes out as gay is actually in it. I thought that was added in WR3D but I guess not.

I still liked editing graphics and music in the previous PC versions. John Cena knockoff coming out to the ring to the What's Happening Now theme was great.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

EdsTeioh posted:

Don't get TOO excited; like I said, it's super dumbed down. Tanget: I do miss TNM.

Haha well I can't speak for this game, but in general a dumbed down EWR would be perfect for mobile. I miss the old days, where you had multiple competing wrestling sims. Remember Promotion Wars?

There was one where you couldn't actually pick the winners of the matches. You could just assign someone to get a push, and that would help his chances of victory. Every title match was a nail biter when you had plans for a guy.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

triplexpac posted:

Haha well I can't speak for this game, but in general a dumbed down EWR would be perfect for mobile. I miss the old days, where you had multiple competing wrestling sims. Remember Promotion Wars?

There was one where you couldn't actually pick the winners of the matches. You could just assign someone to get a push, and that would help his chances of victory. Every title match was a nail biter when you had plans for a guy.

Welp, then this might be right up your alley. If you've ever played those awful Filsinger Games things, this reminds me of those a bit. There's no winner picking, but guys are arranged into tiers of Curtain Jerker, Mid Carder, and Main Eventer, then have stats like Skill, Mic Work, Pop, Push etc. In general, a higher tier guy will defeat a lower tier guy, and your champions always have a bonus when they are defending (so it's harder to beat a champ, thus a mid carder going against a main eventer champion will almost never win). Guys can level up also, by appearing in segments that match their type, etc. THEN, there are "foil card" versions of each guy which are powered up versions of their base character with stats that are better than you can level the base version.

EDIT: After looking into this further it looks like Filsinger actually did have something to do with it. Crazy.

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 9, 2015

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Rhonne posted:

And by then, they'll be replaced with the real Four Horsewomen: Eva Marie, The Bellas, and Stephanie McMahon.

The new Woman order. Stephanie will cut a promo about how Charlotte was left in the La Brea Tar Pits with the rest of the fossils. Eva Marie is dressed up like Bayley with a neckbrace and holding a styrofoam cooler.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

EdsTeioh posted:

Welp, then this might be right up your alley.

I've been loving around with it for the past 30 mins or so. It's a fun little game!

I wish I could just pay $5 and have a proper game though, I'm too wary to spend any premium currency just yet.

Edit: hmmm I seem to be stuck at an event where I don't have enough wrestlers to fill out a card

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 10, 2015

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

triplexpac posted:

I've been loving around with it for the past 30 mins or so. It's a fun little game!

I wish I could just pay $5 and have a proper game though, I'm too wary to spend any premium currency just yet.

Edit: hmmm I seem to be stuck at an event where I don't have enough wrestlers to fill out a card

Dude, I had that EXACT same thing happen. I had to use the money I'd been saving and buy 2 scrubs. At least I got DangerZone out of it though, who's been a bit of a sleeper. I'd also totally drop $5 if there was a way to just receive cards through normal play. As it is, you'll get a token at the end of each game year. At that point, you can trade that token for $100,000 and use that to buy more guys from the market. Where they really strangle you though is that the market only has 3 guys and refreshes once every 24 hours, so that creates a funnel for bringing in new guys. Each year you'll also unlock a new venue, which will provide different income from each show. I went from bringing in $30-50 per show and now average $200ish. I also cashed in a token for $100k and sprung for "Jet Set Strutter" (totally not Ric Flair) who is a Main Event Bigmouth that will usually bring in *** matches and ****+ interview segments, so that increases your income as well.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

EdsTeioh posted:

Dude, I had that EXACT same thing happen.

I actually ended up starting a New Game+. You get to keep the cards and money you've gathered so far, and this time I spent $1000 on the promoter that gives you a bonus $100 per event. Figured it would pay itself off quickly.

I actually emailed the dev about the issue of hitting an event without enough roster members though, it's not very user friendly.

The game is a pretty fun little proof-of-concept though, definitely has potential if they can keep adding cards and features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

triplexpac posted:

I actually ended up starting a New Game+. You get to keep the cards and money you've gathered so far, and this time I spent $1000 on the promoter that gives you a bonus $100 per event. Figured it would pay itself off quickly.

I actually emailed the dev about the issue of hitting an event without enough roster members though, it's not very user friendly.

The game is a pretty fun little proof-of-concept though, definitely has potential if they can keep adding cards and features.

Yeah, I feel like there's an awesome game in there somewhere, but as it is, it is a really fun time waster. What I'd like to see added:

-Face/Heel turns-I've been using the Neon Express (totally not the RnR Express/Rockers) and they dropped the tag belts. I wanted to do a Shawn vs. Marty thing after that, but having face vs face was killing the match rating. Also, there are times where I run low on guys and my roster is face slanted due to the random market.
-Booking finishes-duh.
-More varied finishes-DQ's and such. They MAY be in the game somewhere, but I haven't seen any yet.
-Bigger marketplace. If it's going to refresh daily and be limited to 3 things, I'd like to see something like: 1 face, 1 heel, 1 flavor card (manager, match type, sponsor)

EDIT: Did your restarted league have all of the wrestlers you'd already acquired or did it give you a new random lot? Also, do you remember your starting group of guys? I'm curious to see if it's always the same.

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 10, 2015