Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

You know who else was born in 1975? That's right film legend Anthony Quinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
According to (unverified) ringside reports, Sasha gave her flowers to Izzy after the show went off the air :3:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Bayley can be HUGE for the girl market and the little kid market in general. But I have know they're going to gently caress it all up

They're already going after that market with the Bellas, who are supposed to be heels

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dr. rear end posted:

They're already going after that market with the Bellas, who are supposed to be heels

unless their opponents are black

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Blasmeister posted:

Jordan/Gable still can be easily slotted into a tag title feud as the Dusty Classic winners aren't going to figure into it so it's a blank slate. And the tournament has done a good job at getting them tv time and the fan reactions to them will surely be noticed. I don't see any reason to worry about them.

As well, the mechanics beat the current champs and have a claim on a title shot. I thought the tournament did a good job of showing off Gable/Jordan and the Mechanics.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The odds of Bayley making any impact on the main roster while Vince and Bucky Beaver are in charge are not good. Obviously she has something special, but I don't have a good feeling about how much people in charge other than Triple H really are interested in her.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

According to (unverified) ringside reports, Sasha gave her flowers to Izzy after the show went off the air :3:

:kimchi:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Roman Reigns posted:

I'm sure Hunter will dig his heels in against Vince ruining her.

people said the same about kevin "the running man" owens

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MagicCube posted:

The odds of Bayley making any impact on the main roster while Vince and Bucky Beaver are in charge are not good. Obviously she has something special, but I don't have a good feeling about how much people in charge other than Triple H really are interested in her.

that's good just keep her as the face of the nxt women's division

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

people said the same about kevin "the running man" owens

and the shield

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Jordan/Gable still can be easily slotted into a tag title feud as the Dusty Classic winners aren't going to figure into it so it's a blank slate. And the tournament has done a good job at getting them tv time and the fan reactions to them will surely be noticed. I don't see any reason to worry about them.

I'm definitely not worried, those two have an amazing presence in the ring. I should have figured they wouldn't win, but I at least expected them in the finals. The Mechanics showed out huge, too, and I expect them to be a major part of the tag team scene soon.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TheHock posted:

I know Big Dave said this too, but as much as I love Bayley (and I *love* Bayley), Sasha has the potential to a massive star and not just "for a Diva."

They'll both be amazing.

This. Sasha is going to be the mega star that breaks through beyond "diva."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sasha is a ridiculously good wrestler. She gets the "little things" that elevate a match from good to great - her last-minute Banks Statement, for example.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Dr. rear end posted:

Ah yes the drunk and the one who's shorts get smaller every night and delivers promos that compresses my skull.

well done Vince and Kevin

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm still behind. Cody is out now :unsmith:

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Roman Reigns posted:

I don't know, maybe she can make the sufferin succotash and magic bean promos work

I'm A Chugger (Of Mountain Dew Code All Red Everything, available now at participating Food Lions)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Blasmeister posted:

The only possible complaint I could have about Bayley/Sasha's style of matches is some of it's a little sloppy and they seem to spend a good half of the match glued to the turnbuckle but really it's good that they wrestle different.

Funny that the faces won 5/6 matches tonight and people are still mad about the one the heels won.

I reluctantly agree, this match was amazing but there are a lot of little things that are messy that I have trouble overlooking. On an emotional level this could be MOTY, but on a technical and overall level I couldn't really give it my vote.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I hope Sasha didn't actually hurt her hand, the way she is holding here looks kinda bad

Or maybe she's just good enough to post-match sell even for photos

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
wait is this a jobber table for 3?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I want to see asuka vs becky

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hope Sasha didn't actually hurt her hand, the way she is holding here looks kinda bad

I can see Bayley maybe pushing it a little too far while running on adrenaline for the finish.

Sasha will be fine, theyre just fingers.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm telling you, Hunter is totally going to end up banging Sasha.

(Which is totally fine, mind you.)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Watching NXT 24.

The NXT panel talking about how FCW stunk makes it great already.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fart blood posted:

she already has a fiance are you trying to tell me that a wrestler is going to cheat on their fiance with a someone who enjoys nazi paraphernalia

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fart blood posted:

This. Sasha is going to be the mega star that breaks through beyond "diva."

I think Bayley's character is gonna be what makes her a huge star. She appeals to everyone and that's really difficult. Men, women, and little kids adore her and being able to draw in girls of all ages is amazing. Sasha's got great appeal and will probably be a better worker, but I just think Bayley's potential is off the chart.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fart blood posted:

please don't fantasy book sex lives

Also, drat, everyone tonight got out of this Takeover looking fuckin' amazing.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

http://gfycat.com/DistantRedHammerkop

Spot of the night for me.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dias posted:

please don't fantasy book sex lives

I'm not, I'm just needing a good scandal. It's been years since Edge/Lita and it's time for a new one.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

drat. Those Bayley abs tho

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Roman Reigns posted:

I can see Bayley maybe pushing it a little too far while running on adrenaline for the finish.

Sasha will be fine, theyre just fingers.

I'm still shocked she managed to not kill her neck on that early armdrag. Glad too, as that would have really destroyed their plans for the whole match.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Naw, the heels and faces don't have to be pure good and pure evil. Having Bayley get her rear end kicked for most of the match is a stupid way of moving forward since Bayley is going to be the one keeping the division alive as it rebuilds.

I don't mind whatever tiny heel streak they're hinting at with Bayley but wins feel more important when the heel is more credible. People know and expect that heroic qualities are more intangible. I'm not saying have Bayley take a piledriver on the concrete and then get up and beat the Nexus, just make the odds look a little more daunting.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah my jaw dropped at that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Bayley's character is gonna be what makes her a huge star. She appeals to everyone and that's really difficult. Men, women, and little kids adore her and being able to draw in girls of all ages is amazing. Sasha's got great appeal and will probably be a better worker, but I just think Bayley's potential is off the chart.

All I want is the type of crowds that the Jumping Bomb Angels and the Crush Gals used to get :shobon:

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Bayley has the most potential since CM Punk and it is not even close.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm going to say that Dana looked good against Asuka

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fart blood posted:

I'm not, I'm just needing a good scandal. It's been years since Edge/Lita and it's time for a new one.

A fuckin' WWE champ got his dick pics leaked AND the fact he was dating a nazi apologist came out, what ELSE do you want?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Dias posted:

Also, drat, everyone tonight got out of this Takeover looking fuckin' amazing.

So it IS possible to book people to lose matches but not look like garbage???

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

Watching NXT 24.

The NXT panel talking about how FCW stunk makes it great already.

I can't remember who was saying,"We used to get like 5-9 people in the crowd", but I loved Seth's,"Speak for yourself :smug:" reaction.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I don't mind whatever tiny heel streak they're hinting at with Bayley but wins feel more important when the heel is more credible. People know and expect that heroic qualities are more intangible. I'm not saying have Bayley take a piledriver on the concrete and then get up and beat the Nexus, just make the odds look a little more daunting.

putting over bayley strong at the small cost of making sasha not seem like a completely dominant heel seems sensible when one of these people is going to no longer be on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jordan has always shown ridiculous power (did tonight in Rhyno too) but this match was Gable's coming out party. Corbin is not a small dude and the crowd went nuts for that spot.

If they handle him right, the sky is the limit because he clearly is a natural in the ring.

• Locked thread